- Ex-soccer star Weah to run again for president of Liberia Updated: Apr-28-16 3:22 pm
MONROVIA, Liberia - Former world footballer of the year George Weah will make a second bid to become president of Liberia when current leader Ellen Johnson Sirleaf's final term ends next year.
- Prosecutors says IS ordered Italian resident to attack Rome Updated: Apr-28-16 11:43 am
MILAN - Italian police have arrested four suspects in a foreign fighter investigation, including a Moroccan-born man living in Italy who had received Islamic State orders to carry out attacks on Rome during Holy Year, prosecutors said Thursday.
- Juventus clinches 5th straight Serie A title Updated: Apr-25-16 3:00 pm
ROME - Juventus clinched its fifth straight Serie A title with three matches to spare after Napoli was beaten 1-0 at Roma on Monday, capping an impressive run after a difficult start to the season.
- Blatter claims role in trying to remove African president Updated: Apr-21-16 12:47 pm
ZURICH - Reveling in his international diplomacy role, former FIFA president Sepp Blatter has revealed he was asked by Switzerland's foreign ministry last year to help persuade an African president to leave office.
- Italian furniture makers strengthen brands through archives Updated: Apr-19-16 9:33 am
MILAN - Big Italian furniture brands turned out collections at the 55th Milan Furniture Fair that included forgotten or neglected treasures from their archives, along with fresh innovations by the "starchitects" who have infused design with glamour.
- Italy recovers 3 paintings seized during World War II Updated: Apr-18-16 8:43 am
MILAN - Italian authorities have recovered three 15th_century paintings seized from an Italian-Luxembourg noble family during World War II.
- Italian referendum on oil concessions fails to reach quorum Updated: Apr-17-16 6:50 pm
MILAN - Italian Premier Matteo Renzi says the jobs of oil workers have been preserved by the failure of a referendum that aimed to curtail the duration of existing drilling concessions in territorial waters.
- Czech policeman drinks and drives, hits 51 parked cars Updated: Apr-14-16 8:41 am
PRAGUE - Czech police say one of their officers drank too much and crashed his Jeep Grand Cherokee into a total of 51 parked cars in Prague.
- Brocchi acknowledges AC Milan job is a 'risky' one Updated: Apr-13-16 9:35 am
CARNAGO, Italy - With only six matches remaining in Serie A, AC Milan coach Cristian Brocchi doesn't have much time to make an impact.
- Casaleggio, co-founder of Italy 5-Star Movement, dies at 61 Updated: Apr-12-16 8:51 am
ROME - Gianroberto Casaleggio, considered the ideological brains and technical guru behind Italy's anti-establishment 5-Star Movement, died Tuesday. He was 61.
- AC Milan fires coach Mihajlovic, replaces him with Brocchi Updated: Apr-12-16 7:47 am
MILAN - AC Milan fired coach Sinisa Mihajlovic on Tuesday and replaced him with youth team coach Cristian Brocchi until the end of the season.
- Honda still adjusting to new wing position at AC Milan Updated: Apr-08-16 7:16 am
MILAN - After years as a playmaker and attacking midfielder, Keisuke Honda is still adjusting to his new position on the right wing for AC Milan.
- Nagatomo extends contract with Inter through 2018-19 Updated: Apr-08-16 6:09 am
MILAN - Yuto Nagatomo has extended his contract with Inter Milan through the 2018-19 season, allowing the Japan fullback to stay with the club for nine consecutive seasons.
- Italy's Hacking Team has license to sell abroad curbed Updated: Apr-06-16 2:01 pm
MILAN - Italian surveillance company Hacking Team says the government has revoked a global license to sell its spy software outside Europe.
- Napoli striker Gonzalo Higuain banned 4 matches for protests Updated: Apr-05-16 8:01 am
MILAN - Napoli's title hopes have taken another hit with the suspension of Serie A's top scorer Gonzalo Higuain for four matches for severe protests with the referee.
- Retired AC Milan greats mourn Cesare Maldini at funeral Updated: Apr-05-16 6:59 am
MILAN - Family members and retired AC Milan greats are mourning former Italy coach Cesare Maldini at his funeral.
- Former Milan captain and Italy coach Cesare Maldini dies Updated: Apr-03-16 11:48 am
MILAN - Football is in mourning following the death of former AC Milan and Italy legend Cesare Maldini at the age of 84.