- Atletico not thinking of 'cruel' past in rerun of 2014 final Updated: May-27-16 2:25 pm
- Serial winner Mourinho hired to revive fading Man United Updated: May-27-16 7:40 am
MANCHESTER, England - Manchester United needed a serial winner to restore the team's status as a European powerhouse. Jose Mourinho craved an iconic stage like Old Trafford to remind the world of his rare talent as a coach.
- Champions League final in Milan highlights Serie A's crisis Updated: May-26-16 10:02 pm
MILAN - AC Milan failed to qualify for Europe for a third straight season and club president Silvio Berlusconi is in negotiations to sell a majority stake in the club to a group of Chinese investors.
- Left off squad, Balotelli denied chance at Euros encore Updated: May-23-16 10:14 am
ROME - There will be no encore performance for Mario Balotelli at the European Championship.
- Juventus beats AC Milan 1-0 in extra time to win Italian Cup Updated: May-21-16 6:33 pm
ROME - Showing off his ability to shine in the most important matches, substitute Alvaro Morata scored in extra time as Juventus beat AC Milan 1-0 to win the Italian Cup on Saturday.
- Watford appoints Mazzarri to replace Sanchez Flores Updated: May-21-16 5:17 am
WATFORD, England - English Premier League team Watford on Saturday appointed Walter Mazzarri as its new head coach on a three-year contract, starting July 1.
- Pope gives pre-match pep talk to Milan, Juventus Updated: May-20-16 6:39 am
VATICAN CITY - AC Milan and Juventus have received a last-minute papal pep talk before this weekend's Italian Cup final.
- 125 vintage trams evoke bygone era in Milan Updated: May-16-16 11:28 am
MILAN - Against the backdrop of Milan's 19th-century stone architecture, a fleet of nearly 90-year-old trams contribute to the aura of a bygone era that still permeates the city from certain angles.
- Italian tennis federation wants to host under-21 tournament Updated: May-15-16 11:24 am
ROME - The Italian tennis federation wants to host a year-end tournament in Milan or Turin starting next year for the world's top under-21 male players.
- Italian woman, 116, seen as last living person born in 1800s Updated: May-13-16 2:17 pm
VERBANIA, Italy - Surrounded by relatives and friends, Italy's Emma Morano greeted with a smile the news that she, at 116, is now the oldest person in the world.
- Italian police arrest 3 in terror investigation Updated: May-10-16 11:34 am
MILAN - Italian police have arrested three asylum-seekers in a terrorism and human-trafficking investigation launched after photos of potential targets in three countries were discovered on suspects' cell phones, prosecutors in the southern city of Bari said Tuesday.
- Berlusconi dealing with Chinese investors for AC Milan sale Updated: May-10-16 9:54 am
MILAN - Silvio Berlusconi's holding company Fininvest has agreed to negotiate exclusively with a group of Chinese investors for the possible sale of a stake in AC Milan.
- Prosecutors investigate Deutsche Bank for Italian debt sale Updated: May-06-16 10:30 am
MILAN - Italian prosecutors are investigating top former Deutsche Bank management on suspicion of market manipulation related to the sale of 7 billion euros of Italian government bonds in 2011.
- Ex-soccer star Weah to run again for president of Liberia Updated: Apr-28-16 3:22 pm
MONROVIA, Liberia - Former world footballer of the year George Weah will make a second bid to become president of Liberia when current leader Ellen Johnson Sirleaf's final term ends next year.