- Unexpected friendship forms in Kansas City hospice Updated: Apr-29-16 2:23 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Jen Moss took to Jody Wooton from the first moments they met.
- Lightning blamed for blaze that destroyed a Kansas home Updated: Apr-28-16 7:37 am
OVERLAND PARK, Kansas - Authorities have confirmed that lightning caused a fire that destroyed a suburban Kansas City home.
- Lightning investigated as possible cause of Kansas home fire Updated: Apr-27-16 9:47 am
OVERLAND PARK, Kansas - Authorities are investigating lightning as the possible cause of a suburban Kansas City house fire.
- University of Kansas to study stress in Kansas City children Updated: Apr-26-16 11:04 am
LAWRENCE, Kansas - A $3.7 million federal grant will allow a University of Kansas researcher to study how stress affects young children in Kansas City.
- Embezzler's vehicles to go up for auction in Kansas City Updated: Apr-25-16 4:29 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - A fleet of two dozen expensive cars and motorcycles seized from a Kansas City-area accountant who defrauded more than $4 million from clients is heading for the auction block.
- Olathe neighborhood water tests show no elevated lead Updated: Apr-23-16 2:11 pm
OLATHE, Kansas - Officials in a Kansas City suburb say tests show there are no elevated lead levels in water in a neighborhood that showed potentially high levels earlier.
- Missouri lawmakers reject Brownback's 'border war' proposal Updated: Apr-20-16 7:36 pm
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - Missouri lawmakers appear uninterested in Kansas Gov. Sam Brownback's proposal to reduce the business "border war" between the two states.
- Missouri seeking death penalty in Montgomery County homicide Updated: Apr-20-16 3:32 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - A hearing for a Mexican national accused of killing a man in Missouri and four people in Kansas was postponed Wednesday amid prosecutors' plans to seek the death penalty in the Missouri case.
- Potentially high lead levels detected in Olathe neighborhood Updated: Apr-20-16 2:10 pm
OLATHE, Kansas - A Kansas City suburb is providing bottled water to residents of one neighborhood as a precaution after potentially high lead levels were detected.
- Hall foundation gives $8 million to Kansas Cancer Center Updated: Apr-20-16 1:02 pm
KANSAS CITY, Kansas - The Hall Family Foundation has given an $8 million gift to help The University of Kansas Cancer Center receive a national cancer center designation.
- 3 charged in bank robbery witnessed by assistant US attorney Updated: Apr-20-16 10:41 am
KANSAS CITY, Kansas - Three men have been charged in a Kansas City, Kansas, bank robbery that a federal prosecutor witnessed.
- Man admits shooting that killed Kansas education lawyer Updated: Apr-18-16 12:21 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - A Kansas City man has admitted firing a shot that killed a Kansas education official who was not the intended victim.
- Brownback has plan to end Kansas City-area business raiding Updated: Apr-15-16 5:59 pm
TOPEKA, Kansas - Kansas Gov. Sam Brownback promised on Friday that his state would scale back efforts to lure jobs away from the Missouri side of the Kansas City area if Missouri's legislators weaken a law they approved in 2014 to end the business border raiding.
- Kansas-based career college files for bankruptcy Updated: Apr-15-16 2:23 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Kansas-based Wright Career College folded Friday, looking to liquidate its assets in bankruptcy after abruptly closing its five campuses in three states.
- Kansas City law firm announces Grissom as newest addition Updated: Apr-15-16 8:35 am
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - A Kansas City, Missouri, law firm says Kansas' U.S. attorney will join its national team specializing in government investigations and compliance.
- Judge considers ACLU challenge to voting documentation rule Updated: Apr-14-16 5:37 pm
KANSAS CITY, Kansas - The American Civil Liberties Union urged a judge Thursday to block Kansas from requiring people who register to vote at state motor vehicle offices to show proof of citizenship before they can cast ballots, arguing the mandate violates federal law.
- Kansas birder reports rare sighting of vermilion flycatcher Updated: Apr-14-16 1:32 pm
OLATHE, Kansas - Birders are reporting a rare Kansas sighting of a small, bright red species known as the vermilion flycatcher.
- Gashi's first MLS goal gives Rapids 2-1 win over Sporting KC Updated: Apr-13-16 10:52 pm
- DH Pace to expand headquarters, add 150 jobs in Kansas Updated: Apr-13-16 4:28 pm
OLATHE, Kansas - A door sales and service company plans to expand and renovate its headquarters in Kansas and add 150 new jobs.
- All-Electric House completes its move to Overland Park Updated: Apr-13-16 1:56 pm
OVERLAND PARK, Kansas - A suburban dream-home prototype that was built in the 1950s completed its nine-mile journey to a new location in suburban Kansas City early Wednesday.
- Former Kansas City lawyer pleads guilty in fraud scheme Updated: Apr-13-16 1:19 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - A former Kansas City attorney has pleaded guilty to stealing more than $1.2 million from St. Luke's Health System.
- Former Kansas teacher sentenced to 30 days in jail Updated: Apr-13-16 8:05 am
OLATHE, Kansas - A former suburban Kansas City high school teacher has been ordered to serve 30 days in jail as part of her probation for having sex with a 16-year-old student.
- Husband of woman shot at Kansas Jewish site sues gun sellers Updated: Apr-12-16 6:31 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - The husband of one of the three people killed by a white supremacist at two Jewish sites in suburban Kansas City has sued over the sale of the shotguns used in the April 2014 attack.
- Kansas Jewish center memorial honors 3 killed in 2014 attack Updated: Apr-12-16 5:57 pm
OVERLAND PARK, Kansas - Three people fatally shot by a white supremacist at two Jewish sites in suburban Kansas City are being remembered with a memorial at one of the shooting sites.
- Officials advance permit request to reopen Kansas racetrack Updated: Apr-12-16 4:14 pm
KANSAS CITY, Kansas - Local officials are recommending approval with multiple conditions for a request to allow a Kansas City, Kansas, business to reopen as a racetrack, electronic gambling venue and entertainment facility.