- Dad of missing boy held after human remains found in barn Updated: Nov-30-15 4:02 pm
KANSAS CITY, Kansas - A Kansas man is being held on $10 million bond after police were made aware of his missing 7-year-old son and found unidentified human remains on his property.
- Kansas St escapes with 68-66 win over South Carolina St Updated: Nov-29-15 6:19 pm
MANHATTAN, Kansas - Bruce Weber and Justin Edwards stood some 30 feet apart, one calling out a defensive play and the other waiting to attempt a free throw, but replayed the same scenario over and over again in their own heads.
- Kansas man charged with abuse after human remains found Updated: Nov-27-15 7:09 pm
KANSAS CITY, Kansas - A Kansas City, Kansas, man was charged Friday with child abuse after police responded to an armed disturbance that led them to discover human remains at a barn on his property.
- How Black Friday played out around the country Updated: Nov-27-15 4:35 pm
NEW YORK - Black Friday, the unofficial start to the holiday shopping season, isn't always what people expect.
- Correction: Cannabis Oil-Obstacles story Updated: Nov-25-15 2:51 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - In a story Nov. 22 about efforts to make cannabis oil available to treat epilepsy in Missouri, The Associated Press erroneously reported that neurosurgeons can certify patients to receive the oil. Only Neurologists can do so.
- Kansas City area mail thief sentenced for crimes Updated: Nov-21-15 5:44 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - A convicted mail thief has been sentenced to federal prison after trying to cash a fraudulent check at a Kansas bank and leading police on a chase.
- Overland Park police suspect accident in deadly shooting Updated: Nov-21-15 11:48 am
OVERLAND PARK, Kansas - Police are investigating a shooting death in the Kansas City suburb of Overland Park.
- McIntosh, Northwestern survive OT, 83-80 over Columbia Updated: Nov-20-15 10:35 pm
EVANSTON, Illinois - Bryant McIntosh scored a career-high 32 points, and Northwestern rallied to beat Columbia 83-80 in overtime on Friday night.
- Cities to vote on raising age to buy tobacco products to 21 Updated: Nov-19-15 9:49 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Officials in Kansas City, Missouri, and Kansas City, Kansas, have approved ordinances raising the minimum age for purchasing tobacco products and alternative nicotine items to 21.
- Sporting KC announces partnership with children's hospital Updated: Nov-19-15 12:45 pm
KANSAS CITY, Kansas - MLS club Sporting Kansas City has announced a 10-year partnership with Children's Mercy Hospital that will include branding of its stadium and a pediatric sports medicine center.
- Drug courier who fled from patrolman sentenced to 47 months Updated: Nov-17-15 5:01 am
KANSAS CITY, Kansas - A Missouri man who was clocked at more than 100 mph while trying to outrun a Kansas Highway Patrol trooper has been sentenced to 47 months in federal prison for possession with the intent to distribute methamphetamine.
- Hospitals deny cannabis oil to severely epileptic patients Updated: Nov-12-15 6:51 am
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Kansas City area hospitals are denying cannabis oil recommendations for people with severe epilepsy even though the state of Missouri passed a law last year allowing the drug to be used for such issues.
- Police find man shot to death inside Kansas City apartment Updated: Nov-09-15 7:15 am
Kansas City, Kansas - Police are investigating after a man in his early 40s was found shot to death in Kansas City, Kansas.
- 16-month-old girl dies after Overland Park crash Updated: Nov-08-15 4:51 pm
OVERLAND PARK, Kansas - One person has been arrested in a suburban Kansas City crash that killed a 16-month-old girl and injured two others.
- Convicted serial killer's Kansas death sentence upheld Updated: Nov-06-15 8:17 pm
TOPEKA, Kansas - The Kansas Supreme Court refused on Friday to remove a serial killer from death row who trolled for victims online, marking the first time the court has upheld a death sentence since Kansas reinstated capital punishment in 1994.
- High court to hear appeal over sex offender registration Updated: Nov-06-15 2:46 pm
WASHINGTON - The Supreme Court will decide whether convicted sex offenders must update their status on the federal sex offender registry after moving to a foreign country.
- New cases show shigellosis spreads in Kansas City area Updated: Nov-06-15 3:20 am
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - The shigellosis outbreak that began in the Kansas City area in July continues to spread.
- No charges against US marshals in fatal shooting in Kansas Updated: Nov-05-15 6:38 pm
KANSAS CITY, Kansas - Wyandotte County District Attorney Jerry Gorman will not file charges against two deputy U.S. marshals who shot and killed a man in Kansas City, Kansas.
- Kansas Jayhawks hope to model turnaround on Royals' success Updated: Nov-05-15 5:54 am
LAWRENCE, Kansas - When the Royals put away the Mets to win their first World Series championship in three decades on Sunday night, Massachusetts Street not far from the Kansas campus erupted in celebration.
- The Latest: Some parked along interstate before Royals rally Updated: Nov-03-15 6:18 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - The latest on celebrations in Kansas City to mark the Kansas City Royals' World Series victory (all times local):
- Royals reveling in first World Series title since 1985 Updated: Nov-02-15 2:55 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - The jersey that Eric Hosmer wore in the decisive game of the World Series is headed to the Hall of Fame. So is the glove Salvador Perez used, the spikes Lorenzo Cain laced up and the bat that third baseman Mike Moustakas took to the plate.
- Royals win World Series, rally late and beat Mets 7-2 in 12 Updated: Nov-02-15 4:39 am
NEW YORK - They worked all season to take one more step in the World Series.
- Nonprofit to open center with free computer, Internet access Updated: Nov-02-15 3:30 am
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - A former Kansas City church now houses at least 30 desktop computers that will be available to the public for free beginning Nov. 9.