- Man gets 3 years for importing fake parts for nuclear subs Updated: Oct-06-15 6:05 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - A Massachusetts man has been sentenced to three years in prison for importing counterfeit electronic components from China and Hong Kong for use by American customers, including builders of the U.S. Navy's nuclear submarines.
- Judge denies bail for teenager accused in 5 arson fires Updated: Oct-06-15 3:26 am
ENFIELD, Connecticut - A judge has denied a reduced bail request for a Connecticut teenager accused of setting five arson fires.
- Court says fired UBS worker had right to free speech Updated: Oct-05-15 3:27 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - A former worker at a subsidiary of the Swiss banking giant UBS AG won a legal fight over free speech rights Monday after claiming he was illegally fired in 2008 for repeatedly warning that properties held in the company's investment funds were overvalued by millions of dollars.
- Hartford HealthCare backs off merger plan, blames state cuts Updated: Oct-05-15 2:19 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Hartford HealthCare has broken off merger talks with Day Kimball Healthcare, blaming Gov. Dannel P. Malloy's plan to cut Medicaid reimbursement payments.
- Connecticut lieutenant governor, lawmakers travel to Taiwan Updated: Oct-03-15 12:07 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Connecticut Lt. Gov. Nancy Wyman is leading a weeklong business and trade mission to Taiwan.
- Connecticut agency to play key role in Anthem/Cigna merger Updated: Oct-03-15 10:44 am
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Connecticut's Department of Insurance is playing a major role in a deal that could create the nation's largest health insurer, leading a 26-state review of Anthem Inc.'s proposed merger with Bloomfield-based Cigna.
- Connecticut dentist gets probation in patient death case Updated: Oct-02-15 5:34 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - A Connecticut dentist has been granted a probation program and agreed to give up his license in connection with the death of a patient who became unresponsive while 20 teeth were pulled and implants installed last year.
- Charges tossed against man accused of killing wife's grandma Updated: Oct-02-15 2:42 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - A judge on Friday dismissed all charges against a mentally disabled former dishwasher who spent more than a quarter-century in prison in the killing of his wife's 88-year-old grandmother.
- Hartford mom facing charges in infant son's death Updated: Oct-02-15 7:16 am
HARTFORD, Connecticut - A 27-year-old Hartford mother is facing charges in connection with the death this summer of her 1-year-old son.
- Hartford water main shoots water into air, damages 7 homes Updated: Oct-02-15 4:06 am
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Officials say seven homes and seven businesses were impacted after a century-old Hartford water main broke and gushed water into the air.
- Man to serve 11 years stemming from fatal double shooting Updated: Oct-02-15 3:59 am
HARTFORD, Connecticut - One of three men facing trial has pleaded guilty to reduced charges in connection with the shooting deaths of two victims.
- Newtown families' suit against gun maker sent to state court Updated: Oct-01-15 11:36 am
HARTFORD, Connecticut - A wrongful death lawsuit filed against gun maker Remington by families of some Newtown school massacre victims has been sent from federal court back to state court, where it may have a better chance of succeeding.
- Toddler falls out of window, no charges filed Updated: Oct-01-15 3:32 am
EAST HARTFORD, Connecticut - Police say a toddler fell out of a first-floor window of a three-story apartment building in Connecticut.
- Hartford mother missing, 4-year-old found wandering Updated: Sep-30-15 2:00 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Hartford police are searching for a missing woman after a 4-year-old was found wandering the streets on Monday.
- Cops: Woman, 60, dies from injuries suffered in hit-and-run Updated: Sep-30-15 2:59 am
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Police say a Hartford woman has died from injuries she suffered in a hit-and-run.
- Woman convicted of manslaughter in strangling of boyfriend Updated: Sep-29-15 5:50 am
HARTFORD, Connecticut - A Connecticut woman who says she choked her boyfriend to death with a 25-foot extension cord to protect herself has been convicted of first-degree manslaughter.
- Operating costs of bus-only corridor rises on larger routes Updated: Sep-28-15 4:04 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - The annual cost to operate Connecticut's bus-only system is rising as transit planners build out the route beyond its Hartford-to-New Britain corridor.
- Police seek hit-and-run driver who injured Hartford woman Updated: Sep-27-15 10:50 am
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Hartford police are looking for a driver who struck and injured a pedestrian overnight.
- Police: Former Hartford clerk stole marijuana, pills Updated: Sep-26-15 4:24 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - A former civilian employee of the Hartford police department has been arrested on charges she stole marijuana and pills from the department's property room.
- Police: Teen is suspect in 2 East Hartford sexual assaults Updated: Sep-25-15 2:41 pm
EAST HARTFORD, Connecticut - State police charged a 16-year-old boy with sexually assaulting a woman in a commuter parking lot in East Hartford, only hours after he was arrested in connection with a home invasion and sexual assault in the same town.
- Hartford man charged in city's 23rd homicide of year Updated: Sep-24-15 3:31 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Hartford police have made an arrest in connection with the city's 23rd homicide of the year - the shooting of a man found near the federal courthouse and City Hall.
- Connecticut man pleads guilty in $1.6M Ponzi scheme Updated: Sep-24-15 2:58 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - A Connecticut man who authorities say ran a Ponzi scheme that duped investors - including his 93-year-old great aunt - out of more than $1.6 million has pleaded guilty to a wire fraud charge.
- Cops: Brick falls off building, injures construction worker Updated: Sep-24-15 5:37 am
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Police say a construction worker is in critical condition after he was hit by a brick that fell from a former office supply building in Hartford.
- Hartford mayor drops re-election bid after primary loss Updated: Sep-22-15 11:09 am
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Hartford's mayor is dropping his bid for re-election following his defeat last week in the Democratic primary.
- Hartford man charged with killing nephew held on $1M bail Updated: Sep-22-15 7:49 am
HARTFORD, Connecticut - A 67-year-old Hartford man charged with stabbing his nephew to death has been held on $1 million bail.