- Bill to limit opioid prescriptions heads to governor's desk Updated: May-03-16 10:18 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - A bill that would attempt to address Connecticut's opioid abuse problem by limiting most first-time opioid prescriptions for adults to seven days is moving to Democratic Gov. Dannel P. Malloy's desk.
- Norwich drug dealer faces 20-year sentence after guilty plea Updated: May-03-16 6:53 am
HARTFORD, Connecticut - A Norwich man faces up to 20 years in federal prison after pleading guilty to a heroin distribution charge tied to a fatal batch of the drug that killed a teen in April.
- FBI returns to home of man linked to $500M Boston art heist Updated: May-02-16 3:24 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Federal authorities returned on Monday to search the Connecticut property of a reputed mobster suspecting of having knowledge about the largest art heist in U.S. history.
- Portraits proclaim 'changing narrative' of childhood cancer Updated: May-02-16 9:33 am
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Two words, five syllables, thrust Sumbul Naqvi into a dark depression.
- Body found in industrial area in Hartford Updated: Apr-30-16 2:03 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Police say a body has been found in an industrial area in Hartford.
- Aetna tops Street 1Q forecasts, hikes 2016 forecast Updated: Apr-28-16 2:14 pm
Aetna's first-quarter earnings slid nearly 7 percent as enrollment dipped, but the nation's third-largest health insurer topped Wall Street expectations and hiked its 2016 profit forecast.
- Hartford teen charged in cemetery mayhem is committed Updated: Apr-28-16 6:40 am
HARTFORD, Connecticut - A Hartford teen has been committed to the custody of the state Psychiatric Security Review Board for his role in a 2014 rampage at Mount St. Benedict Cemetery in Bloomfield.
- Clinton, Trump win primaries in Connecticut Updated: Apr-26-16 11:40 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Hillary Clinton won the Democratic primary in Connecticut, claiming a narrow victory Tuesday over U.S. Sen. Bernie Sanders in a state where she campaigned on pledges to address gun violence.
- Suit: Cops violated rights of man taking kids for ice cream Updated: Apr-26-16 4:30 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Two Connecticut officers are accused of violating a black man's rights during a traffic stop last year when they frisked him and searched his car as his two frightened sons sat in the back seat, according to a lawsuit announced Tuesday.
- Fence alterations add to woes for new Hartford baseball park Updated: Apr-25-16 2:52 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Even before the season started, Hartford's new minor league baseball team knew that construction delays at their stadium would keep them on the road for weeks.
- Presidential candidate visits to Connecticut step up Updated: Apr-22-16 3:27 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - The presidential candidates are stepping up visits to Connecticut before Tuesday's primary.
- Hartford Yard Goats mascot pushed over, police investigating Updated: Apr-22-16 10:34 am
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Police in Hartford are investigating after Chompers, one of two mascots for minor league baseball's Hartford Yard Goats, was knocked down while walking in the city.
- Police charge 27-year-old man in Hartford vigil shooting Updated: Apr-22-16 7:38 am
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Police have arrested a 27-year-old Connecticut man in connection with a shooting at a vigil honoring the lives of two Hartford homicide victims.
- Clinton, relatives of Newtown victims talk gun violence Updated: Apr-21-16 5:58 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Hillary Clinton, sitting with relatives of victims of the Newtown school massacre, vowed Thursday to make sure gun violence is not ignored, saying Connecticut's bipartisan gun control legislation was a model for the nation.
- College students cancel concert by rapper Action Bronson Updated: Apr-21-16 4:41 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Students at Connecticut's Trinity College have canceled a concert by rapper Action Bronson, saying his music and videos promote misogyny and hatred against gay and transsexual people.
- UConn signs space-sharing deal with Hartford Public Library Updated: Apr-21-16 4:39 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - The University of Connecticut has signed an agreement to spend $4 million to renovate and lease space inside the Hartford Public Library.
- Prisoner caught in underwear following escape Updated: Apr-21-16 11:35 am
HARTFORD, Connecticut - A 22-year-old Hartford man who was arrested after a Wednesday night car chase escaped while being escorted into court Thursday, only to be caught a short time later wearing nothing but gray boxer shorts and hospital socks.
- Connecticut trooper shoots at suspected car thief Updated: Apr-21-16 7:56 am
HARTFORD, Connecticut - State police are investigating after a trooper shot at a suspected car thief in Hartford.
- Firefighter placed on unpaid leave after assault charges Updated: Apr-20-16 4:45 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - A city firefighter has been placed on unpaid leave after her arraignment on charges she assaulted her child.
- UConn coach Geno Auriemma released from the hospital Updated: Apr-19-16 3:04 pm
STORRS, Connecticut - UConn women's basketball coach Geno Auriemma has been released from the hospital, where he was admitted Saturday with an undisclosed ailment.
- Teen forced to undergo cancer treatment says new mass found Updated: Apr-18-16 1:39 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - A teenager who was forced by the courts to undergo chemotherapy for her cancer says a new mass has been found in her lungs.
- Hillary Clinton to campaign in Connecticut ahead of primary Updated: Apr-18-16 12:57 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton is bringing her presidential campaign to Connecticut.
- Police searching for 2 men who held student at gunpoint Updated: Apr-16-16 3:14 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Police are looking for two suspects accused of holding a University of Hartford student at gunpoint.
- Dog walker accused of stealing jewelry from client Updated: Apr-16-16 1:43 pm
WEST HARTFORD, Connecticut - A dog walker accused of stealing nearly $38,000 worth of jewelry from one of her clients has been arrested.
- George Washington hires Rizzotti as women's basketball coach Updated: Apr-15-16 6:06 pm
WASHINGTON - Jennifer Rizzotti was there for the start of Connecticut's women's basketball dynasty, and now she hopes to bring some of that experience to George Washington.