- Binghamton rides Rodriguez past Hartford 65-54 Updated: Feb-11-16 9:21 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Willie Rodriguez tied a career high with 27 points and grabbed 11 rebounds and Binghamton dumped Hartford 68-54 on Thursday night.
- Man pleads guilty to firing rifle at Connecticut mosque Updated: Feb-11-16 6:10 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - A Connecticut man has pleaded guilty to a federal hate crime for firing a rifle at a mosque next to his home shortly after the deadly attacks in Paris.
- OneJet adding Pittsburgh flights to Hartford, more in future Updated: Feb-11-16 12:02 pm
IMPERIAL, Pennsylvania - OneJet has named Pittsburgh a "focus city" and plans to add daily flights to Hartford, Connecticut and four other cities.
- Bail bondswoman convicted of manslaughter in fatal shooting Updated: Feb-11-16 6:17 am
HARTFORD, Connecticut - A bail bondswoman who authorities say shot her boyfriend to death in West Hartford has been convicted of manslaughter.
- Connecticut officers sued in stun gun death of Hispanic man Updated: Feb-10-16 5:01 pm
EAST HARTFORD, Connecticut - Connecticut police officers used excessive and racially discriminatory force on a Hispanic man who died shortly after he was beaten and shocked with a stun gun for more than 20 seconds while in police custody, a federal lawsuit alleges.
- Correction: Trooper-Hunting Accident story Updated: Feb-10-16 11:35 am
HARTFORD, Connecticut - In a story Feb. 9 about a Connecticut State Police trooper's death in a hunting accident in Texas, The Associated Press reported erroneously the location of Cinco Ranch. It is about 150 miles southwest of San Antonio, not 20 miles west of Houston.
- 3rd man charged in Hartford sex trafficking case Updated: Feb-10-16 4:46 am
HARTFORD, Connecticut - A third man has been charged in connection with a sex trafficking investigation involving an 18-year-old woman who was held against her will, physically abused and forced into prostitution in Connecticut.
- Hartford man gets 10 years in death of co-worker Updated: Feb-10-16 4:39 am
HARTFORD, Connecticut - A Hartford man convicted of manslaughter in the death of his co-worker last year has been sentenced to 10 years behind bars.
- Man who served 20 years for murder he didn't commit gets $6M Updated: Feb-09-16 10:54 am
HARTFORD, Connecticut - A man who served more than 20 years in prison for a murder he did not commit has been awarded $6 million by the state of Connecticut.
- Man who shot at Connecticut mosque to plead guilty Updated: Feb-08-16 4:48 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - A Connecticut man who fired a rifle at a mosque next to his home shortly after the terrorist attacks in Paris is scheduled to plead guilty to a federal hate crime.
- Legislative panel to hold hearings on judge reappointments Updated: Feb-07-16 10:05 am
HARTFORD, Connecticut - A legislative committee will hold public hearings on whether to reappoint more than 30 state judges to additional eight-year terms.
- Malloy appoints 4 to state Board of Pardons and Paroles Updated: Feb-06-16 12:31 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Gov. Dannel P. Malloy is appointing four Connecticut residents to fill vacancies on the Board of Pardons and Paroles.
- Man pleads guilty to $190K insurance fraud scheme, extortion Updated: Feb-05-16 4:17 am
HARTFORD, Connecticut - A bookmaker has pleaded guilty to charges he shot a gambler with a stun gun and tried to burn down a restaurant in a $190,000 insurance fraud scheme in Hartford.
- Man gets 80 years behind bars in double shooting Updated: Feb-05-16 4:13 am
HARTFORD, Connecticut - An East Hartford man who was convicted of murder in the 2009 shooting deaths of two people in Hartford has been sentenced to 80 years behind bars.
- Massachusetts-Lowell edges its way past Hartford 85-83 Updated: Feb-03-16 9:37 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Jahad Thomas scored 21 points, and his layup with two seconds left lifted Massachusetts-Lowell past Hartford 85-83 Wednesday night.
- UConn signs 17, focusing on players from winning programs Updated: Feb-03-16 6:10 pm
EAST HARTFORD, Connecticut - Coming off its first bowl game in five seasons, UConn concentrated its recruiting efforts on players from winning programs, signing a class of 16 on Wednesday.
- Hartford man found not guilty in cemetery carjacking Updated: Feb-03-16 7:00 am
HARTFORD, Connecticut - A Hartford man charged with stealing a car and driving into a group of people at a cemetery has been found not guilty by reason of mental disease.
- DNA evidence leads to arrest in thefts from Hartford stadium Updated: Feb-01-16 11:20 am
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Hartford police say DNA evidence has led to an arrest in a series of burglaries at the construction site of the new Hartford baseball stadium.
- Aetna tops 4Q expectations, but 2016 outlook falls short Updated: Feb-01-16 10:00 am
Aetna wrapped up 2015 with a 38-percent surge in fourth quarter earnings but chased its better-than-expected performance with 2016 guidance that misses Wall Street forecasts.
- Connecticut gas prices drop below $2 per gallon threshold Updated: Jan-28-16 8:37 am
HARTFORD, Connecticut - The average price of a gallon of gasoline in Connecticut has dropped below $2 for the first time in seven years.
- New Britain mayor says Rock Cats owe $150k in utility bills Updated: Jan-28-16 6:56 am
NEW BRITAIN, Connecticut - The mayor of New Britain says the Connecticut city's recently departed minor league baseball team owes nearly $150,000 in unpaid utility bills.
- Man gets 8 ½ years for 2013 kidnapping, jewelry store heist Updated: Jan-28-16 6:51 am
HARTFORD, Connecticut - A Bronx, New York man will serve 8 ½ years behind bars for his role in a 2013 kidnapping and jewelry store heist.
- UConn rolls to season-high 64 point win over Tulsa Updated: Jan-27-16 11:15 pm
TULSA, Oklahoma - About two weeks ago, Connecticut coach Geno Auriemma made some tactical changes to the Huskies' defense, and the moves have paid off.
- Racial disparities seen in police stun gun use Updated: Jan-27-16 3:26 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Connecticut officers who drew their stun guns on the job last year were more likely to fire when the suspect was black or Hispanic, according to a first-of-its-kind set of statistics that could stoke the nation's debate over race and police use of force.
- OSHA fines Bristol amusement park for 18 violations Updated: Jan-27-16 7:20 am
BRISTOL, Connecticut - The Occupational Safety and Health Administration has fined a Bristol amusement park just over $70,000 after uncovering 18 "serious" violations.