- Hartford man charged following infant's death Updated: May-26-16 7:40 am
MANCHESTER, Connecticut - A Hartford man is facing manslaughter and other charges after the 5-month-old child he was baby-sitting died.
- Virginia assistant Kim McNeill named head coach at Hartford Updated: May-25-16 5:23 pm
WEST HARTFORD, Connecticut - The University of Hartford has hired Kim McNeill, an associate head coach at Virginia, to be its women's basketball coach.
- 13 more state employees receive layoff notices Updated: May-25-16 3:26 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Thirteen more Connecticut state employees in the executive branch have received layoff notices since last week.
- Connecticut lawmakers urged to consider tougher e-cig laws Updated: May-25-16 1:22 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Advocates urged Connecticut lawmakers on Wednesday to impose tougher restrictions on electronic cigarettes and vapor products when they reconvene in January, warning how a growing number of young people are using these electronic delivery systems to "smoke" what could be harmful and addictive substances.
- Smaller cities across US opening high-tech crime centers Updated: May-24-16 4:26 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Michelle Plante scoured a surveillance video for clues, trying to identify the man seen shooting at someone in a Hartford playground recently in broad daylight. Luckily, no children were there, and the man fled into a nearby house after missing his target.
- Court rejects appeal of mother of slain murder witness Updated: May-24-16 9:59 am
HARTFORD, Connecticut - A federal appeals court has upheld the dismissal of a lawsuit against Hartford police and state prosecutors over the 2007 killing of a murder witness.
- Woman with locker full of cash sentenced on drug charges Updated: May-23-16 3:06 pm
NEW HAVEN, Connecticut - A 26-year-old woman has been sentenced to prison on a federal drug charge after police discovered $800,000 inside an East Hartford storage locker she was renting.
- Connecticut police come to the rescue of a baby deer Updated: May-23-16 10:24 am
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Police in Connecticut have come to the rescue of a baby deer whose mother died.
- Men caught playing ball at unfinished Connecticut stadium Updated: May-23-16 7:50 am
HARTFORD, Connecticut - The Hartford Yard Goats won't be the first to take the field at Dunkin' Donuts Park when the Double-A team makes it long-awaited debut at the new stadium.
- Connecticut governor rarely meets legislators, records show Updated: May-22-16 12:47 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Connecticut Gov. Dannel P. Malloy doesn't spend a lot of time chit-chatting with state legislators, something politicians from both parties agree helps build the personal connections needed to get things done at the state Capitol.
- Twin sisters to graduate at top of Trinity College class Updated: May-22-16 10:01 am
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Twin sisters from Glastonbury are graduating at the top of their class at Trinity College.
- Police searching for Hartford man in fatal shooting Updated: May-21-16 3:23 pm
EAST HARTFORD, Connecticut - Police are searching for a Hartford man in connection with a fatal shooting.
- Road to be dedicated in memory of late Capitol Police chief Updated: May-21-16 9:28 am
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Police officers and government officials will be gathering to dedicate a road in Hartford in memory of late State Capitol Police Chief Michael Fallon.
- Hartford schools chief says investment leaves some behind Updated: May-20-16 2:40 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - The Hartford superintendent says some city schools are being left behind by investment in schools involved in a landmark desegregation effort.
- Anne Mahoney appointed Windham state's attorney Updated: May-20-16 9:39 am
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Veteran Connecticut prosecutor Anne Mahoney has been appointed the top law enforcement official in Windham County.
- Hartford ballpark won't open until at least mid-summer Updated: May-20-16 12:30 am
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Officials say Hartford's minor league baseball team won't be playing its first home game at the new $65 million Dunkin' Donuts Park until at least mid-summer.
- Survivor of home invasion to run for Connecticut legislature Updated: May-18-16 10:49 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Dr. William Petit, who survived a home invasion that claimed the lives of his wife and two daughters, is the Connecticut Republican Party's nominee for a state legislative seat.
- School bus catches fire in Harford, no students on board Updated: May-18-16 9:21 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - A school bus has burst into flames in Hartford.
- Police make arrest in Hartford double homicide Updated: May-18-16 7:47 am
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Hartford police have arrested a man in connection with a double homicide in the city.
- Gun-maker sentenced to probation, fined for firearms crimes Updated: May-17-16 6:02 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - The former owner of a company that makes military-style rifles has been sentenced to probation and the company fined $500,000 for violating federal firearms laws.
- Mayor: Builders fail to meet deadline for Hartford stadium Updated: May-17-16 5:17 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Hartford's mayor says the developers of the city's new $65 million minor league baseball stadium failed to meet another deadline for having the park ready for delivery to the Double-A Yard Goats.
- Legislative offices close for afternoon following small fire Updated: May-17-16 3:33 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - The Legislative Office Building in Hartford is closing early for the day following a small electrical fire.
- Hartford school bus drivers strike; 9,000 students affected Updated: May-17-16 10:03 am
HARTFORD, Connecticut - School bus drivers in Hartford have gone on a one-day strike in a contract dispute, leaving nearly 9,000 students without rides to school.
- Connecticut House Speaker says he won't seek re-election Updated: May-16-16 7:11 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Democrat House Speaker Brendan Sharkey said Monday he will not seek re-election to his seat representing Hamden in the House of Representatives and therefore won't seek a third term as speaker.
- Startup aims to cultivate business skills in drug dealers Updated: May-16-16 9:37 am
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Bashaun Brown has an eye for business.