- Police: 4 charged in counterfeit money scheme Updated: Jul-28-15 1:26 pm
WEST HARTFORD, Connecticut - Authorities say four people have been arrested after allegedly using counterfeit money at food shops in West Hartford.
- University of Hartford athletic program to get a new look Updated: Jul-28-15 9:52 am
WEST HARTFORD, Connecticut - The University of Hartford's athletic teams are getting a new look.
- More than a dozen families left homeless in Hartford fire Updated: Jul-28-15 8:22 am
HARTFORD, Connecticut - About a dozen families are homeless and at least three firefighters are recovering from minor injuries suffered battling an overnight fire in Hartford.
- Hartford Democrats endorse attorney Luke Bronin for mayor Updated: Jul-27-15 9:07 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Hartford Democrats have endorsed attorney Luke Bronin for mayor, after incumbent Pedro Segarra declined a showdown at the city nominating convention.
- Man found fatally shot in car in Hartford Updated: Jul-26-15 4:32 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Police say a 47-year-old man has been fatally shot in Hartford.
- 2 officers, 2 citizens hurt in Hartford police chase crash Updated: Jul-24-15 5:41 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Hartford authorities say a suspect in a stolen minivan rammed into police cruisers and damaged at least six other vehicles during a chase that ended in a crash and the suspect in custody. Two officers and two citizens were brought to a hospital with non-life threatening injuries.
- United Technologies: US probes Sikorsky on Navy contract Updated: Jul-24-15 4:34 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - The Justice Department has launched a criminal probe into allegations that subsidiary helicopter maker Sikorsky and two subsidiaries overbilled the Navy, United Technologies Corp. said Friday.
- Connecticut mom charged with cruelty against disabled son Updated: Jul-23-15 9:22 pm
EAST HARTFORD, Connecticut - A Connecticut woman whose 11-year-old disabled son weighed only 28 pounds during a medical exam in March has been charged with child cruelty, assault and other crimes, police said.
- Man shot at bakery faces attempted robbery charge Updated: Jul-22-15 8:00 am
HARTFORD, Connecticut - A 36-year-old Hartford man has been charged with attempted robbery and assault after being shot outside a city bakery.
- United Technologies posts lower 2Q revenue, profit Updated: Jul-21-15 11:25 am
HARTFORD, Connecticut - United Technologies Corp. posted second-quarter declines Tuesday in revenue and profit as a strong dollar cut exports. It also reduced its 2015 outlook on Otis elevator sales in Europe and China's slowing economy.
- Lockheed Martin to buy Sikorsky Aircraft for $9 billion Updated: Jul-20-15 1:37 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Lockheed Martin will acquire Black Hawk helicopter maker Sikorsky Aircraft for $9 billion as it seeks greater access to the military and commercial helicopter market.
- Hot weather leads city officials to open cooling centers Updated: Jul-20-15 7:31 am
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Hartford has announced plans to open four cooling centers city to battle the summer heat.
- 2 wounded, 1 critical, in Hartford nightclub shooting Updated: Jul-19-15 4:31 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Hartford police say a man is in critical condition after a shooting outside a nightclub that also injured a woman.
- Baby dies after being found unresponsive in bathtub Updated: Jul-19-15 9:56 am
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Authorities in Hartford are investigating the death of a 1-year-old boy who was found unconscious in a bathtub earlier in the week.
- Man fatally shot in Hartford, 18th killing in city this year Updated: Jul-18-15 4:03 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Hartford police have identified the city's second fatal shooting victim this week and the 18th this year.
- Malloy seeks meeting with Hartford officials about homicides Updated: Jul-17-15 4:38 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Gov. Dannel P. Malloy is calling for an emergency meeting between state and Hartford officials to discuss the increasing number of homicides in Connecticut's capital city.
- Mother of Newtown shooting victim lauds US school bill Updated: Jul-17-15 3:46 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Proposed federal education legislation to fund social and emotional learning skills training for teachers would help prevent violence such as mass shootings, the mother of a 6-year-old boy killed in the 2012 massacre at Sandy Hook Elementary School said Friday.
- Malloy pitches new criminal justice law to Hartford inmates Updated: Jul-16-15 7:23 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Gov. Dannel P. Malloy made a pitch Thursday to a group of Connecticut inmates about a new state law that attempts to give nonviolent criminals more opportunities to get drug treatment and successfully reintegrate into society.
- Day Kimball, Hartford HealthCare mull affiliation Updated: Jul-16-15 1:17 pm
PUTNAM, Connecticut - Day Kimball Healthcare and Hartford HealthCare have announced they are considering an arrangement for the Putnam health system to become a member of the Hartford HealthCare network.
- Police: 1-year-old boy found unresponsive in bathtub Updated: Jul-15-15 7:01 am
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Hartford police say a 1-year-old boy was rushed to the hospital after he was found unresponsive in a bathtub.
- Aerospace manufacturing boosts state exports to 30th in US Updated: Jul-13-15 2:29 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Connecticut exports powered by the aerospace industry reached a record $10.5 billion last year, ranking the Hartford area as the 30th largest export market in the nation, the U.S. Commerce Department said in a recent report.
- Wife-killer receives conditional release to treatment center Updated: Jul-10-15 5:27 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Conditional release has been granted to a man committed to a state hospital after being acquitted by reason of insanity of fatally bludgeoning his wife and captured on 911 audio tape.
- Man gets 15 years in beating death of chronically ill wife Updated: Jul-09-15 4:56 am
HARTFORD, Connecticut - A 50-year-old Connecticut man has been sentenced to 15 years in prison for the death of his wife, who was found dead of a skull fracture inside their home in May 2014.
- Malloy signs Connecticut elections reform bill into law Updated: Jul-08-15 1:27 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Gov. Dannel P. Malloy has signed a legislation that creates new standards for the local officials running Connecticut's election.
- Police: Man dies after basement party shooting Updated: Jul-08-15 4:59 am
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Police say a Connecticut man who was critically injured after being shot last weekend has died.