- Man convicted of manslaughter after running over co-worker Updated: Nov-26-15 11:20 am
HARTFORD, Connecticut - A Hartford man has been found guilty of manslaughter after prosecutors said he ran over and killed a co-worker following a dispute at a bar.
- Woman gets 20 years for strangling boyfriend with cord Updated: Nov-26-15 10:57 am
HARTFORD, Connecticut - A Connecticut woman who says she choked her boyfriend to death with a 25-foot extension cord to protect herself has been sentenced to 20 years in prison.
- Police: 3 shot in 2 separate shootings in Hartford Updated: Nov-26-15 10:24 am
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Police say three people were shot in two separate shootings in Hartford.
- Connecticut tribes seek local approvals of casino sites Updated: Nov-25-15 4:59 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Connecticut's two federally recognized tribes are asking communities interested in hosting a new casino near the Massachusetts border to move ahead with their local approval processes.
- Felon accused of opening fire at Hartford car dealership Updated: Nov-25-15 10:36 am
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Hartford police have arrested a man they say shot at a car dealership.
- 3-pointers help Hartford beat Niagara 77-73 Updated: Nov-24-15 9:32 pm
WEST HARTFORD, Connecticut - George Blagojevic scored 18 points, John Carroll added 11 and grabbed 10 rebounds with five assists, and Hartford held off Niagara 77-73 on Tuesday to win its home opener.
- Report: Connecticut motorists losing $5.1 billion annually Updated: Nov-24-15 3:01 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - A national transportation research group released a report Tuesday that found Connecticut motorists are losing $5.1 billion annually due to congestion-related delays, higher vehicle operating costs and traffic crashes.
- Connecticut judge ends receivership of schooner Amistad Updated: Nov-23-15 3:39 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - A Connecticut judge has ended state receivership over the Amistad schooner and dissolved the embattled organization that had operated the vessel.
- Correction: Free Speech-College Presidents Updated: Nov-23-15 11:06 am
HARTFORD, Connecticut - In a story Nov. 22 about debates over free speech on college campuses, The Associated Press erroneously reported how Williams College President Adam Falk described students' background. He said Williams students come from a media environment that doesn't foster "conversation" across disagreements, not "conservation."
- Hartford schools chief appoints team to help Syrian families Updated: Nov-21-15 4:08 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - The superintendent of schools in Hartford has appointed a team to coordinate assistance for any Syrian refugee families that come to live in the district.
- Police: 2-car crash leaves man dead, 3 others injured Updated: Nov-21-15 11:30 am
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Police say a South Windsor man is dead and three others were hurt in a two-car collision.
- University of Hartford president to retire in 2017 Updated: Nov-20-15 10:26 am
WEST HARTFORD, Connecticut - The president of the University of Hartford says he plans to retire in 2017 after nearly two decades with the school.
- Man, 53, gets prison time for sexually assaulting child Updated: Nov-20-15 4:46 am
HARTFORD, Connecticut - An East Hartford man convicted of repeatedly raping an 11-year-old girl has been sentenced to more than 40 years in prison.
- Ex-trooper who stole from dying crash victim loses pension Updated: Nov-19-15 4:58 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - A Connecticut state police trooper who stole cash and jewelry from a dying motorcycle accident victim and then resigned has lost his state pension.
- Former priest pleads guilty to lesser charge in assault case Updated: Nov-19-15 4:32 am
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Prosecutors have dropped the most serious charges against a former East Windsor priest accused of sexually assaulting a teenager.
- Cost of UConn Hartford campus rises to $140M, up from $115M Updated: Nov-18-15 1:47 pm
STORRS, Connecticut - The University of Connecticut's Board of Trustees on Wednesday approved a $140 million final budget for the construction of a new satellite campus in downtown Hartford, $25 million more than originally projected.
- US Muslims face backlash after Paris attacks Updated: Nov-18-15 9:45 am
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Muslims around the U.S. are facing backlash following the deadly attacks in Paris, including vandalism to mosques and Islamic centers, hate-filled phone and online messages and threats of violence.
- Mother of teen arson suspect faces witness tampering charges Updated: Nov-17-15 5:14 am
HARTFORD, Connecticut - The mother of a Connecticut teenager accused of setting five arson fires has been charged with fabricating statements presented by her son's lawyer while trying to get his bail reduced.
- Police, FBI search for new clues in 2014 murder of executive Updated: Nov-16-15 3:14 pm
SIMSBURY, Connecticut - A half-mile stretch of road in suburban Hartford has been closed off as a team of police and FBI agents comb the area in an attempt to find new evidence from the 2014 murder of an insurance executive.
- State's revamped trash-to-energy plant faces falling prices Updated: Nov-15-15 10:04 am
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Connecticut's trash-to-energy agency is seeking a 21st-century makeover for its Hartford plant as it grapples with shifting recyclable and energy markets that undercut its finances.
- Hartford survives against CCSU, 92-83 2OT Updated: Nov-13-15 10:55 pm
NEW BRITAIN, Connecticut - Taylor Dyson scored 17 points, including 7 of 8 at the free throw line, to help lead Hartford to a 92-83 win over Central Connecticut State in the season opener on Friday night.
- Hartford man pleads guilty in 2011 shooting death Updated: Nov-13-15 6:46 am
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Authorities say a Hartford man has pleaded guilty to murder in the 2011 shooting death of 24-year-old man.
- Family of firefighter who died when tank ran out of air sues Updated: Nov-12-15 6:06 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - The family of a firefighter who died when he ran out of air while battling a house fire last year filed a wrongful death lawsuit against the city on Thursday.
- Man found not guilty in fatal drugstore beating Updated: Nov-11-15 4:39 am
HARTFORD, Connecticut - An East Hartford man who was charged with manslaughter in a fatal beating at a drugstore has been found not guilty by reason of mental defect.
- Police: man littered towns with offensive material for years Updated: Nov-09-15 5:54 pm
BERLIN, Connecticut - A Connecticut man is under arrest for allegedly littering the Hartford suburbs with vulgar material, possibly for years.