- Feds: Leader of New Jersey gang Grape Street Crips indicted Updated: Feb-11-16 5:46 pm
NEWARK, New Jersey - The leader of one of New Jersey's most violent street gangs ordered murders of people thought to have cooperated with law enforcement and ran an operation that engaged in racketeering, extortion, robbery and drug trafficking, a federal indictment unsealed Thursday alleged.
- Rail bridge fixed, but delays persist for NJ Transit trains Updated: Feb-11-16 5:27 pm
NEWARK, New Jersey - Evening commuters on Amtrak and New Jersey Transit are facing delays after an earlier problem at the Portal Bridge in Hackensack.
- Uber agrees to pay fines after Newark threatens drivers Updated: Feb-11-16 4:37 pm
NEWARK, New Jersey - Uber said it will compensate any of its drivers who are fined or towed for violating a prohibition about operating around Newark Liberty International Airport and the city's train station.
- Prosecutors release name of woman found dead in driveway Updated: Feb-10-16 1:27 pm
NEWARK, New Jersey - Essex County prosecutors have released the name of a New York City woman who was found dead in the driveway of a Newark home this week.
- 3 plead not guilty to murder charges in man's beating death Updated: Feb-08-16 2:48 pm
NEWARK, New Jersey - Three men charged in the death of a man found naked and beaten on a Newark street have pleaded not guilty to murder.
- Man killed while crossing highway on foot after crash Updated: Feb-07-16 12:55 pm
NEWARK, New Jersey - A man whose car crashed on an interstate highway in northern New Jersey was killed as he tried to cross the roadway on foot.
- Judge won't let man withdraw plea in pregnant wife's slaying Updated: Feb-06-16 11:41 am
NEWARK, New Jersey - A man who admitted strangling his pregnant wife during a fight that involved the baby's paternity has lost his bid to withdraw his guilty plea in her slaying.
- Man gets 75 years in pal's killing after $700 Super Bowl bet Updated: Feb-05-16 9:49 pm
NEWARK, New Jersey - A New Jersey man convicted of killing his longtime friend over a $700 Super Bowl bet has been sentenced to 75 years in prison.
- Corrections officer convicted in sex assault of detainee Updated: Feb-05-16 6:54 pm
NEWARK, New Jersey - A former New Jersey corrections officer has been convicted of sexually assaulting a woman who was detained in a cell under his supervision.
- Newark police officer suspended for failing to report stop Updated: Feb-05-16 6:29 am
NEWARK, New Jersey - Officials have suspended a Newark police officer for failing to document the stop of a 14-year-old which was caught on surveillance video.
- University webcam spy case ruling expected in 3-4 months Updated: Feb-03-16 6:27 pm
NEWARK, New Jersey - A former Rutgers University student convicted of using a webcam to spy on a roommate who later killed himself likely will have to wait a few months to find out whether a state appeals will order his 30-day jail sentence invalidated or lengthened or will send him back for a new trial.
- Troopers to patrol Newark as part of anti-violence plan Updated: Feb-03-16 4:59 pm
NEWARK, New Jersey - The mayor of New Jersey's largest city says state troopers will patrol the streets as part of a plan to curb violence.
- Cops looking for driver after truck hits 3 kids and flees Updated: Feb-03-16 5:50 am
NEWARK, New Jersey - Police say three children were hit by a truck as they crossed a street in New Jersey's largest city.
- Man accused of killing 3 people, leaving 4 children unharmed Updated: Feb-02-16 6:14 pm
NEWARK, New Jersey - A man strangled a woman in a bathtub and then fatally shot two people at another home the next day but didn't harm any of several children, including one found in a closet and two of his own, prosecutors said.
- Woman guilty of killing bystander during 2013 Super Bowl Updated: Feb-02-16 6:32 am
NEWARK, New Jersey - Jurors have convicted a Newark woman of reckless manslaughter in the fatal shooting of a bystander during Super Bowl Sunday in 2013.
- 2 men plead not guilty in shooting that killed 1, injured 3 Updated: Feb-01-16 2:51 pm
NEWARK, New Jersey - Two men have pleaded not guilty to murder and other charges stemming from a shooting at a northern New Jersey home last summer that left one man dead and three others wounded.
- Court rejects appeal of convicted Newark schoolyard killer Updated: Feb-01-16 11:19 am
NEWARK, New Jersey - A New Jersey appeals court has rejected the appeal of one of the six men and boys convicted in the 2007 Newark schoolyard slayings.
- 2011 Christie road repair funding move now center of lawsuit Updated: Jan-28-16 5:27 pm
NEW YORK - Lawyers warned five years ago that New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie's decision to take $1.8 billion from a bistate port agency to fix state roads might cause legal problems.
- PATH service suspended between Newark and Journal Square Updated: Jan-26-16 6:01 am
NEWARK, New Jersey - Commuters who ride PATH trains are still facing problems as workers continue clearing snow drifts of 4 to 16 feet from the tracks.
- Police: New Jersey man shot for using woman's snow shovel Updated: Jan-26-16 5:51 am
NEWARK, New Jersey - Police in New Jersey's largest city have arrested a woman who they say had a man shot for using her snow shovel.
- New Jersey man suing Amtrak after derailment in Philadelphia Updated: Jan-26-16 5:33 am
NEWARK, New Jersey - A northern New Jersey man is suing Amtrak after last year's train derailment in Philadelphia.
- Newark mayor apologizes for snow removal delays Updated: Jan-25-16 5:22 pm
NEWARK, New Jersey - The mayor of New Jersey's largest city has apologized to residents who remain stuck in their homes due to unplowed streets.
- NJ Transit resumes regular weekday rail service Updated: Jan-25-16 6:10 am
NEWARK, New Jersey - New Jersey Transit has resumed regular weekday rail service after a major snowstorm shut the system down.
- Winter storm impacts airports in New Jersey, New York Updated: Jan-23-16 2:18 pm
NEWARK, New Jersey - Airports in New Jersey and New York City have been mostly shuttered by the strong winter storm that's socking the east coast.
- Christie leaves campaign trail as storm bears down at home Updated: Jan-22-16 9:12 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie decided to return home Friday from the Republican presidential campaign trail in New Hampshire as a major snowstorm threatened to drop up to 2 feet of snow on his state and cause coastal flooding.