- Flooring company to pay workers $280k in back pay, damages Updated: May-27-16 7:08 am
NEWARK, New Jersey - Officials say a New Jersey flooring company has been ordered to pay more than a dozen employees $280,000 total in back pay and damages as part of a lawsuit filed by federal labor regulators.
- Jury hears closing arguments in beating caught on nanny cam Updated: May-26-16 6:41 pm
NEWARK, New Jersey - Jurors in Newark have heard closing arguments in the trial of a man charged in the brutal beating of a woman during a home invasion robbery that was caught on a nanny cam.
- Port Authority working on new 10-year capital plan Updated: May-24-16 5:28 pm
FAIR LAWN, New Jersey - The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey - which has several multibillion-dollar projects, including a new bus terminal, in progress or at the starting gate - has scrapped a 10-year capital plan that left out the bus terminal.
- 2 employees bound during robbery at Newark airport Updated: May-24-16 5:50 am
NEWARK, New Jersey - Police are looking for two suspects in a robbery at Newark Liberty International Airport.
- Police: 5 people shot in Newark, 2 critically injured Updated: May-23-16 10:42 pm
NEWARK, New Jersey - Authorities say five people have been shot in Newark, and two of them have been critically injured.
- Lawmakers address security delays at Newark Liberty airport Updated: May-23-16 5:19 pm
NEWARK, New Jersey - Help is on the way to address long lines and long wait times for travelers at Newark Liberty Airport on the brink of the summer travel season.
- 2 men hospitalized after Newark shooting; police seek motive Updated: May-22-16 10:58 am
NEWARK, New Jersey - A shooting in New Jersey's largest city has left two men hospitalized.
- Feds: Leader of robbery crew gets 30 years Updated: May-20-16 2:28 pm
NEWARK, New Jersey - A New Jersey man has been sentenced to 30 years in prison for his role in several armed robberies in 2013.
- New manager named for Newark Liberty Airport Updated: May-20-16 1:35 pm
NEWARK, New Jersey - The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey has named a new general manager for its New Jersey airports.
- Emergency response drill planned for Newark Penn Station Updated: May-20-16 12:05 pm
NEWARK, New Jersey - Travelers can expect to see an increase number of police and emergency personnel in Newark's Penn Station.
- Newark mayor signs order to audit Port Authority Updated: May-19-16 6:35 pm
NEWARK, New Jersey - Newark's mayor has signed an executive order creating a committee to audit the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey.
- Car strikes, kills NJIT employee walking to work in Newark Updated: May-19-16 5:40 pm
NEWARK, New Jersey - Authorities in Essex County are investigating an accident in which a vehicle struck and killed a New Jersey Institute of Technology employee as he walked to work.
- Man accused of killing Livingstone woman Updated: May-18-16 6:47 am
NEWARK, New Jersey - Authorities have charged a West Orange man with manslaughter in the death of a Livingston woman.
- 2 men plead not guilty in fatal shooting at fraternity house Updated: May-17-16 7:37 pm
NEWARK, New Jersey - Two men charged in the fatal shooting of a New Jersey college student during a burglary at his fraternity house have pleaded not guilty to felony murder and other charges.
- Ukrainian hacker admits plotting to use stolen news releases Updated: May-16-16 1:54 pm
NEWARK, New Jersey - A Ukrainian hacker pleaded guilty Monday to his role in an international scheme that used stolen unpublished news releases to make $30 million in profits.
- New schedule takes effect for NJ Transit rail riders Updated: May-16-16 5:58 am
NEWARK, New Jersey - New Jersey Transit rail riders should check their schedules.
- Man charged with killing woman in her apartment Updated: May-14-16 8:22 am
NEWARK, New Jersey - Authorities say a Newark man has been arrested and charged with killing a woman he was in a relationship with.
- Thousands turn out to welcome new Twin Cities archbishop Updated: May-13-16 8:20 pm
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - Thousands of Catholics have welcomed the new archbishop of the Twin Cities archdiocese.
- 1st person sentenced in New Jersey under tougher gun law Updated: May-13-16 5:06 pm
NEWARK, New Jersey - A New Jersey man has been sentenced to 30 years in prison under a new state law requiring tougher sentences for convicted felons who commit crimes with illegal guns.
- Faith Evans kicks off Newark's weekend anniversary bash Updated: May-13-16 1:56 pm
NEWARK, New Jersey - Grammy-winning singer Faith Evans is heading to Newark to help kick off an event celebrating the 350th anniversary of the city's founding.
- Prosecutors: Officer fatally shoots man outside of bar Updated: May-13-16 12:30 pm
UNION TOWNSHIP, New Jersey - Authorities say an off-duty New Jersey police officer has fatally shot a man outside of a bar following an altercation.
- Graduations to slow traffic in Newark Updated: May-13-16 6:03 am
NEWARK, New Jersey - Motorists are facing heavy traffic delays in downtown Newark.
- Atlanta looks to New Jersey as it weighs Uber airport plan Updated: May-11-16 7:09 pm
ATLANTA - Atlanta leaders are studying Newark, New Jersey's deal with Uber as they consider a plan for the ride-booking service to pick up passengers at Atlanta's airport.
- US senators want air pollution reduced at ports, railyards Updated: May-11-16 1:05 pm
NEWARK, New Jersey - A group of U.S. senators, all Democrats, are asking federal regulators to do more to cut air pollution around port cities and railyards.
- New Jersey man gets 15 years for conspiring to aid ISIL Updated: May-10-16 2:54 pm
NEWARK, New Jersey - A former office-supply store supervisor who pleaded guilty to conspiracy for helping his brother travel to the Middle East to join the Islamic State group was sentenced Tuesday to 15 years in prison by a judge who denied his attorney's request for a lighter sentence.