- Cody school reading material scrapped following controversy Updated: Jul-03-15 3:07 pm
CASPER, Wyoming - A Park County School District 6 committee has decided to get rid of its plan to adopt certain reading materials that sparked controversy throughout the Cody community.
- Wyoming home to more minorities Updated: Jul-03-15 1:18 pm
CASPER, Wyoming - The number of customers at Little Mexico - a Casper store that sells colorful pinatas, first communion dresses and CDs of traditional brass band music - has grown since Irma Ruiz bought the business in 2000.
- Casper man killed in rollover crash north of Wheatland Updated: Jul-02-15 10:49 pm
WHEATLAND, Wyoming - The Wyoming Highway Patrol says a 62-year-old Casper man was killed in a single-vehicle rollover crash north of Wheatland.
- Mead seeks more discussion on refugee resettlement Updated: Jul-02-15 1:49 pm
CASPER, Wyoming - Gov. Matt Mead said misinformation about refugee resettlement in Wyoming prompted him to ask the Wyoming Humanities Council to find ways to elevate discussion about the issue.
- Wyoming Highway Patrol recognizes 'top trooper' Updated: Jul-02-15 5:05 am
CASPER, Wyoming - Wyoming Highway Patrol is recognizing a trooper who patrols the Wheatland and Douglas area as a "top trooper."
- Judge orders Colorado oilman to pay $16.8M in legal fees Updated: Jul-01-15 6:01 pm
CHEYENNE, Wyoming - A Colorado oilman must pay $16.8 million to reimburse energy companies for legal fees they incurred defending his unsuccessful lawsuits against them, a federal judge has ordered.
- Judge pushes back date of Casper murder-for-hire trial Updated: Jul-01-15 5:06 am
CASPER, Wyoming - A Natrona County District judge has granted a continuance in the case of a Casper former mental health counselor accused of asking clients if they knew any gang members who would kill her ex-husband.
- Casper man accused of choking wife, assaulting step-daughter Updated: Jun-30-15 9:01 am
CASPER, Wyoming - A Casper man accused of choking his wife and trying to stop his stepdaughter from calling for help has been arrested.
- Some Wyoming Catholics differ with pope on environment Updated: Jun-28-15 4:58 pm
CASPER, Wyoming - Prominent Roman Catholics in Wyoming agree with Pope Francis' calls to better care for the Earth in his recent letter on the environment.
- Donors raise $71K so far for Niobrara County flood victims Updated: Jun-28-15 3:32 pm
CASPER, Wyoming - The Niobrara Recovery Committee has raised over $71,500 and distributed about $38,800 of that to businesses and homeowners directly affected by the June 4 flood.
- 3 survive small plane crash at Casper airport Updated: Jun-27-15 7:00 pm
CASPER, Wyoming - A single-engine plane crashed at the Casper airport Saturday morning, but authorities say the three on board walked away.
- Wyoming ranked among top 10 states for summer road trips Updated: Jun-27-15 1:50 pm
CASPER, Wyoming - The social media website Wallet Hub ranks Wyoming as the seventh best state in the nation for summer road trips.
- Sheriff: Man kills infant before shooting, injuring himself Updated: Jun-26-15 11:05 pm
CASPER, Wyoming - Authorities say a man shot and killed a 4-month old baby before turning the gun on himself in the tiny southeastern Wyoming town of Lingle.
- Coal company appeals decision on its self-bonding status Updated: Jun-26-15 10:34 am
CASPER, Wyoming - Alpha Natural Resources is appealing a state ruling that makes the company no longer able to forgo more than $400 million in bond payments.
- Wyoming education task force addresses distance learning Updated: Jun-26-15 5:05 am
CASPER, Wyoming - Wyoming school officials are struggling to solve problems vexing the state's distance education programs.
- Retired construction worker spends weekends singing karaoke Updated: Jun-25-15 10:10 am
CASPER, Wyoming - It was just after 8 on a Saturday night and Tom Nolasco was right where he wanted to be.
- Man gets 6 months in jail for hit-and-run near Casper Updated: Jun-23-15 11:23 pm
CASPER, Wyoming - A Glenrock man involved in a hit-and-run crash that severely injured another man on Interstate 25 east of Casper has been sentenced to six months in jail and must pay more than $130,000 in restitution.
- Seeking more information, judge stays federal oil, gas rules Updated: Jun-23-15 11:14 pm
CASPER, Wyoming - New federal rules for oil and gas development on federal lands, including one that would require disclosure of chemicals used in hydraulic fracturing, now won't take effect until at least mid-August after a judge on Tuesday told the U.S. Bureau of Land Management to disclose more information about how it developed the standards.
- 2 saved in near drowning at reservoir southwest of Casper Updated: Jun-22-15 11:49 pm
CASPER, Wyoming - Investigators say sleepwalking might have been at the root of a near drowning at Pathfinder Reservoir southwest of Casper.
- Request made to change Devils Tower name to Bear Lodge Updated: Jun-21-15 3:58 pm
CASPER, Wyoming - Public comment is being gathered on whether to change the name of the Devils Tower geographic landmark in northeast Wyoming to Bear Lodge.
- Man gets up to 15 years in prison in sex abuse case Updated: Jun-19-15 11:26 am
CASPER, Wyoming - A 64-year-old man is spending up to 15 years in prison under a plea that acknowledges prosecutors had enough evidence to convict him of sexually abusing young girls and taking nude pictures of them.
- Woman found guilty of animal cruelty for dogs in U-Haul Updated: Jun-18-15 5:04 am
CASPER, Wyoming - A Colorado woman has been found guilty of animal cruelty after Casper police found 12 malnourished dogs in her U-Haul trailer.
- Wyoming Lottery agrees to release salary information Updated: Jun-16-15 5:06 am
CASPER, Wyoming - The Wyoming Lottery board voted 8 to 1 to release salary information for board members and employees after more than a month of denying a local newspaper's request for the information.
- Child acknowledges starting fire that severely damaged home Updated: Jun-15-15 10:55 pm
CASPER, Wyoming - A child has acknowledged starting a fire that severely damaged a Casper home and sent one person to the hospital to be treated for smoke inhalation.
- October trial set for Casper man accused of attempted murder Updated: Jun-15-15 5:08 am
CASPER, Wyoming - A 32-year-old Casper man is expected to stand trial in October for allegations that he stabbed another man multiple times at the home of a woman who had an order of protection against him.