- Wildfire burns about 200 acres in Natrona County Updated: Aug-31-15 10:10 am
CASPER, Wyoming - Firefighters have contained a wildfire that burned more than 200 acres of grass and sage brush near Gray Reef Reservoir in Natrona County.
- Ownership of proposed wind farm near Glenrock changes Updated: Aug-30-15 12:56 pm
CASPER, Wyoming - The ownership of a proposed 46-turbine wind farm near Glenrock has changed hands.
- Lawmaker blasts prosecutor for actions on son's DUI case Updated: Aug-27-15 11:55 am
CASPER, Wyoming - Rep. Bill Pownall, who resigned as Campbell County sheriff last year amid allegations he influenced a drunken-driving investigation of his son, criticized the motive and actions of the former county attorney in her dealing with his sheriff's office and son.
- Casper man gets 5 years for fatal fight at party near UW Updated: Aug-27-15 5:23 am
CASPER, Wyoming - A Casper man has been sentenced to three to five years in prison in connection to the death of a University of Wyoming student from Lander.
- Investigators suspect arson in Casper apartment fire Updated: Aug-25-15 12:48 pm
CASPER, Wyoming - Fire investigators suspect that someone intentionally set a Casper apartment building on fire.
- Construction to begin on Casper Mountain biathlon venue Updated: Aug-25-15 5:07 am
CASPER, Wyoming - Those looking to compete in biathlons in Wyoming should be able to in November when construction of a world-class multi-sport venue is complete.
- Wyoming man dies after battle with 'rabbit fever' Updated: Aug-22-15 2:01 pm
CASPER, Wyoming - Five and a half weeks of hell.
- Man helped protect more than 130 streams Updated: Aug-21-15 5:06 pm
CASPER, Wyoming - From the middle of a bank of boulders, Tom Annear cast his fly into Tensleep Creek, hoping the mere presence of something foreign under the water wouldn't send skittish trout into hiding.
- Spit in deputy's face gets man 60 days in jail Updated: Aug-21-15 12:17 pm
CASPER, Wyoming - A man is spending 60 days in jail for battery and other charges after he spat in a deputy's face.
- Casper man found guilty of Gillette motel fire Updated: Aug-21-15 9:19 am
GILLETTE, Wyoming - A Casper man accused of setting fire to a Gillette motel in an attempt to kill a female acquaintance has been found guilty.
- Man gets 39 years for fatal Wind River Reservation stabbing Updated: Aug-19-15 11:19 pm
CASPER, Wyoming - A man who pleaded guilty to his role in a fatal stabbing on the Wind River Indian Reservation has been sentenced to 39 years in federal prison.
- Fish and wildlife task force cancels final meetings Updated: Aug-19-15 5:04 am
CASPER, Wyoming - A task force looking at the Wyoming Game and Fish Department has canceled its final four meetings pending an audit.
- Casper has spent $177,000 in legal battle with ex-councilman Updated: Aug-18-15 5:07 am
CASPER, Wyoming - The Casper City Council has spent $177,000 in its legal battle with a former councilman who was accused of ethics violations and has been involved in two separate lawsuits against the city.
- Petition drive begins for Wyoming medical pot measure Updated: Aug-17-15 12:25 pm
CASPER, Wyoming - Activists are collecting signatures to get a medical marijuana measure on the November ballot.
- Former Casper high school library worker may take plea deal Updated: Aug-17-15 8:28 am
CASPER, Wyoming - A former Casper high school library worker who has been charged with abusing her daughter may agree to a plea deal in the case.
- 15 percent of cash seized under asset forfeiture is returned Updated: Aug-14-15 10:28 am
CASPER, Wyoming - State lawmakers are working on legislation to reform civil asset forfeiture, which requires owners to go to court to argue for their money back if it has been seized by authorities in connection to alleged drug crimes.
- Lawmakers may draft court-ordered outpatient care bill Updated: Aug-13-15 2:38 pm
CASPER, Wyoming - A subcommittee is looking at drafting a bill to add court-ordered outpatient care to state law as one way to address the rising cost of involuntarily hospitalizing individuals who pose a risk to themselves or others.
- Natrona County airport sees record number of passengers Updated: Aug-13-15 5:11 am
CASPER, Wyoming - The Natrona County airport saw more passengers in July than in any other month since 1988.
- UW committee to launch presidential search next week Updated: Aug-13-15 5:05 am
CASPER, Wyoming - The University of Wyoming will begin its search for a new president next week, with the search committee meeting for the first time Wednesday.
- Police search for Casper bank robber Updated: Aug-12-15 12:05 pm
CASPER, Wyoming - Police are searching for a man who robbed a bank inside a Casper grocery store and got away with an undisclosed amount of cash.
- Teen rescued after being stranded in Beartooth Mountains Updated: Aug-11-15 8:14 am
CASPER, Wyoming - A 14-year-old boy was reunited with his mother after the two were separated while camping in the Beartooth Mountains.
- Possible medical marijuana vote includes hemp growing Updated: Aug-10-15 1:29 pm
CASPER, Wyoming - A Wyoming lawmaker says he'll sponsor his own bill legalizing hemp growing in the state if a medical marijuana referendum fails to get on the November ballot, or if a legislative committee fails to introduce a proposal of its own.
- Federal money used for outdoor recreation set to expire Updated: Aug-10-15 11:46 am
CASPER, Wyoming - Think of your favorite park, ballfield or city swimming pool. Chances are it was paid for in part by the Land and Water Conservation Fund.
- Coal downturn clouds Wyoming school funding outlook Updated: Aug-08-15 1:57 pm
CASPER, Wyoming - For the past 13 years, Wyoming's energy boom translated into a similar boom in school construction.
- Fire officials warn of increased wildfire risk Updated: Aug-07-15 5:07 am
CASPER, Wyoming - Officials are warning that this week's warmer, drier weather is increasing the risk of wildfires across parts of Wyoming.