- Police: torso likely that of man whose limbs also severed Updated: Aug-31-15 6:26 pm
NEW HAVEN, Connecticut - Connecticut state forensic scientists have confirmed a torso found in New Haven last month is most likely that of a 54-year-old homeless man whose severed arms and legs were found earlier.
- Connecticut's 2016 Senate race a quieter contest than past Updated: Aug-31-15 4:20 pm
STAMFORD, Connecticut - A one-time Olympian and political newcomer is the only Republican candidate so far to officially jump into Connecticut's 2016 Senate race, foreshadowing what could be a much different election from a recent string of highly contentious contests that attracted big money and national attention.
- Upcoming Connecticut primary planned for a Wednesday Updated: Aug-31-15 4:20 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Connecticut's upcoming municipal primary will be held on a Wednesday, instead of on a traditional Tuesday.
- I-95 northbound reopens in Connecticut after egg truck crash Updated: Aug-31-15 12:17 pm
STRATFORD, Connecticut - Northbound lanes of Interstate 95 in Connecticut have reopened following a crash involving a tractor-trailer filled with eggs.
- 2 arrested for enjoying meal on boat while family slept Updated: Aug-31-15 9:07 am
NORWALK, Connecticut - Police in Connecticut have charged two people they say broke into a boat at a Norwalk marina to enjoy a fast food meal and take some selfies while a family of five slept on board.
- Waterbury police seek clues in 16-year-old homicide Updated: Aug-31-15 7:49 am
WATERBURY, Connecticut - Waterbury police are appealing to the public to help them solve the slaying 16 years ago of a city woman.
- Police: 8-month-old boy left in car with engine running Updated: Aug-31-15 3:22 am
SUFFIELD, Connecticut - A Connecticut mother was charged with risk of injury to a child after police say she left her 8-month-old son alone in a running car.
- 2 hospitalized after double rollover crash in Connecticut Updated: Aug-31-15 3:20 am
FAIRFIELD, Connecticut - Officials say two people were hospitalized after a double rollover crash on the Merritt Parkway in Connecticut.
- Police: 5 masked men break in, realize they hit wrong home Updated: Aug-30-15 5:01 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Hartford police are looking for five armed, masked men who rushed into a woman's home, claimed to be police officers, then realized they may have hit the wrong apartment.
- Bridgeport man arrested after crashing in construction zone Updated: Aug-30-15 11:22 am
NORWALK, Connecticut - A 35-year-old Bridgeport man has been arrested after crashing a minivan in an Interstate 95 construction zone, injuring two workers.
- 2 brothers-in-law arrested after fight, stabbing Updated: Aug-30-15 10:58 am
WILLIMANTIC, Connecticut - Police said two brothers-in-law from Willimantic have been arrested after one stabbed the other in a domestic dispute.
- Man found with minor injuries near Norwalk train tracks Updated: Aug-30-15 10:25 am
NORWALK, Connecticut - Police are investigating whether a man found with minor injuries near Metro North railroad tracks in Norwalk was struck by a passing train or hurt in a fall.
- Connecticut to receive about $10 million for lead abatement Updated: Aug-30-15 9:50 am
HARTFORD, Connecticut - The cities and New Haven and Waterbury and the Connecticut Department of Housing are receiving federal funds to help combat poisoning from lead-based paint in housing.
- Hundreds in Connecticut jailed on bonds of less than $20k Updated: Aug-30-15 8:52 am
HARTFORD, Connecticut - More than 500 people are behind bars in Connecticut on bonds of $20,000 or less.
- Prince, Charles lead Liberty to 80-66 win over Sun Updated: Aug-29-15 9:30 pm
- Malloy to attend meeting of New England governors, premiers Updated: Aug-29-15 2:37 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Connecticut Gov. Dannel P. Malloy is traveling to Newfoundland and Labrador to attend the annual Conference of New England Governors and Eastern Canadian Premiers.
- Hometown names school for teacher killed at Newtown Updated: Aug-29-15 12:04 pm
STRATFORD, Connecticut - A teacher who died trying to protect her students during the shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown has had a new school named after her.
- Police in Manchester investigate overnight home invasion Updated: Aug-29-15 11:20 am
MANCHESTER, Connecticut - Police are investigating a reported armed home invasion in Manchester overnight.
- Plans for expanded state park face local criticism Updated: Aug-29-15 9:42 am
HARTFORD, Connecticut - State officials are expecting to hear some local criticism when they unveil plans next month to improve the Silver Sands State Park in Milford.
- Petra Kvitova Lucie Safarova advance to New Haven final Updated: Aug-28-15 10:32 pm
NEW HAVEN, Connecticut - Second-seeded Petra Kvitova beat third-seeded Caroline Wozniacki 7-5, 6-1 on Friday night to reach the Connecticut Open final for the fourth consecutive year.
- Connecticut shuts hiking trails after encounter with bear Updated: Aug-28-15 8:28 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Connecticut environmental officials say they closed hiking trails at a Burlington wildlife area after a hiker reported that a bear approached her.
- After TV slaying, reporter's dad finds voice on gun control Updated: Aug-28-15 6:30 pm
COLLINSVILLE, Virginia - Andy Parker's resolve to fight for gun control formed in the hours after his daughter was shot and killed on live television. In his first interviews after the tragedy, he briefly mentioned the issue as he eulogized Alison. By Friday, he was pledging a full-scale fight for tougher gun laws on national TV.
- First scores from new standardized tests show mixed results Updated: Aug-28-15 1:59 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - The first round of results from Connecticut's new standardized exams show more students than expected are excelling at English language arts, but math skills remain a challenge, according to scores released Friday.
- Hartford man faces 7 years in drunken driving death Updated: Aug-28-15 8:00 am
HARTFORD, Connecticut - A Hartford man who was driving drunk and hit and killed man in March faces seven years in prison.
- Police: 77-year-old, mistaken for homeless, was kidnapped Updated: Aug-28-15 3:19 am
DANBURY, Connecticut - Police say a 77-year-old man pushing a cart of cans and bottles down a Danbury street was kidnapped after being mistaken for a homeless person.