- To rename or not? Institutions reconsider honors for racists Updated: Jul-05-15 10:31 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - The massacre at a predominantly black South Carolina church has institutions from Alaska to Connecticut evaluating whether they should continue enshrining the names of historical figures linked to slavery and the Confederacy.
- Black bear relocated after wandering Hartford neighborhood Updated: Jul-05-15 2:20 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - A young black bear that spent some time in a Hartford neighborhood has been safely tranquilized and relocated by state environmental officers.
- About $131,250 in Connecticut electric car rebates approved Updated: Jul-05-15 1:22 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Connecticut officials say more than $131,250 in state rebates have been paid out or committed to consumers who've purchased or leased electric vehicles since May 19.
- Man arrested after shots fired outside bar, no injuries Updated: Jul-05-15 10:23 am
WILLIMANTIC, Connecticut - Police say a man has been arrested after firing several shots outside a bar as it was closing early Sunday morning.
- Hall of Famer visits Connecticut cities to promote league Updated: Jul-05-15 9:28 am
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Baseball Hall of Famer Cal Ripken Jr. plans to visit two Connecticut cities where his foundation is helping keep bring youth baseball to kids who would not otherwise get a chance to play.
- Civil War veteran in Connecticut honored on Wall of Honor Updated: Jul-05-15 3:04 am
NORWALK, Connecticut - Among the more than 8,000 Norwalkers who are memorialized on City Hall's Veteran's Wall of Honor, there is one name that stands out on a newly-added plaque naming 85 Norwalk veterans.
- Barber buys mentor's shop in small business initiative Updated: Jul-05-15 3:04 am
NEW HAVEN, Connecticut - Clyde Thompson was the stand-in for the quintessential small business person, that icon always held up as the solution to the nation's economy.
- Man caught after allegedly hitting trooper at traffic stop Updated: Jul-04-15 5:38 pm
DANBURY, Connecticut - Police say a man sought for assaulting a state trooper during a traffic stop is in custody after a daylong search.
- Police seek man they believe involved in fatal shooting Updated: Jul-04-15 5:13 pm
ANDOVER, Connecticut - Connecticut police have released the name of a man fatally shot in Andover following an argument.
- New Haven rededicates Washington plaque on July Fourth Updated: Jul-04-15 3:55 pm
NEW HAVEN, Connecticut - A Fourth of July ceremony in New Haven has restored a historic plaque that commemorates President George Washington's visit to the Connecticut city in 1789.
- State environmental officials urge protection of shore birds Updated: Jul-04-15 2:34 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Connecticut environmental officials are asking beachgoers to help protect nesting birds in coastal areas.
- Hartford police seize $5,000 in illegal fireworks Updated: Jul-04-15 1:23 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Hartford police say they have made an arrest after seizing about $5,000 worth of illegal fireworks on Friday night.
- New London celebrates 75th anniversary of Ocean Beach Park Updated: Jul-04-15 11:43 am
NEW LONDON, Connecticut - Thousands of people have been celebrating the 75th birthday of New London's Ocean Beach Park this weekend.
- Police: 22-year-old man critical after street shooting Updated: Jul-04-15 11:25 am
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Police say a 22-year-old Hartford man is in critical but stable condition at a hospital after being shot.
- Groton Navy base to mark Independence Day with 21-gun salute Updated: Jul-04-15 5:04 am
GROTON, Connecticut - The Navy base in Groton is marking Independence Day with a 21-gun salute.
- Connecticut camp helps those affected by devastating loss Updated: Jul-04-15 3:09 am
LITCHFIELD, Connecticut - As they gathered in a circle, campers and adult volunteers got to know each other a bit, talking about their favorite movies, playing silly games and sharing laughs. Set amidst the tranquility of Camp Chinqueka, on the shores on Mount Tom Pond, it almost could have been any camp.
- Officials incorporate climate change into beach design Updated: Jul-04-15 3:07 am
MADISON, Connecticut - Thumping louder than the crashing surf and cawing gulls, the pile driver pounding into the earth beats a rumbling rhythm for the birdwatchers, beach walkers, bicyclists and sunbathers at Hammonasset Beach State Park's West Beach this summer.
- Police identify man found dead in Connecticut well Updated: Jul-03-15 8:38 pm
WATERTOWN, Connecticut - Authorities in western Connecticut have identified a man found dead inside a well after an apparent accident.
- Connecticut police find 'mobile meth lab,' make arrests Updated: Jul-03-15 7:11 pm
VERNON, Connecticut - Connecticut State Police say they arrested a North Carolina man and a teenage girl after discovering what appeared to be a "mobile meth lab."
- Aetna to buy Humana as health insurer landscape shifts Updated: Jul-03-15 3:11 pm
Aetna aims to spend about $35 billion to buy rival Humana and become the latest health insurer bulking up on government business as the industry adjusts to the federal health care overhaul.
- Teen killed, another injured when car hits them in Danbury Updated: Jul-03-15 3:07 pm
DANBURY, Connecticut - A 17-year-old girl died and another teenager was injured when they were struck by a car while crossing a street in Danbury.
- Waterbury Mayor O'Leary changes his mind, will seek 3rd term Updated: Jul-03-15 12:32 pm
WATERBURY, Connecticut - Waterbury Mayor Neil O'Leary says he's changed his mind and will seek a third term.
- Aging, broken infrastructure frustrates Metro-North riders Updated: Jul-03-15 11:44 am
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Aging and broken public works have again plagued the Metro-North Railroad in Connecticut, slowing commuters into and out of New York City's Grand Central Terminal.
- Waterbury priest suspended on child sex abuse allegations Updated: Jul-03-15 9:31 am
WATERBURY, Connecticut - A Waterbury priest who once ran the St. Francis Home for Children in New Haven has been suspended on accusations he sexually abused a minor at the school.
- Police: Man pulled over for cell phone use found with drugs Updated: Jul-03-15 7:25 am
WEST HARTFORD, Connecticut - Police say a Connecticut man initially pulled over for speaking on his cell phone while driving and failing to signal was carrying more than a pound of cocaine in his car.