- Aetna tops 2Q profit forecasts Updated: Aug-04-15 6:22 am
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Aetna Inc. (AET) on Tuesday reported second-quarter earnings of $731.8 million.
- Connecticut firefighters to help battle California blazes Updated: Aug-04-15 3:37 am
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Twenty Connecticut firefighters are headed to Northern California to help fight wild fires.
- 50 Cent says expenses $108,000 a month; $72,000 for mansion Updated: Aug-03-15 11:37 pm
HARTFORD, CONN. - Rapper 50 Cent says in a Connecticut bankruptcy court filing he spends $108,000 a month on his expenses, including $5,000 for gardening.
- Track construction begins on New Haven-Springfield rail line Updated: Aug-03-15 9:10 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Construction of a second track for the expanded rail line from New Haven to Springfield, Massachusetts, began Monday, and commuters will be bused along the route for the next year.
- Woman accused of hiring hit man to kill ex gets probation Updated: Aug-03-15 5:55 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - A woman charged with hiring a hit man to kill her ex-husband during a bitter child custody dispute was sentenced Monday to five years of probation in a plea deal.
- Court: $41M award might discourage school trips abroad Updated: Aug-03-15 5:32 pm
NEW YORK - A New York federal appeals court asked the Connecticut Supreme Court on Monday to help it decide the validity of a $41.5 million jury award to the family of a student injured on a trip to China, saying such a stiff penalty might discourage educational trips.
- UConn finding recruiting niche in graduate transfers Updated: Aug-03-15 5:20 pm
GLASTONBURY, Connecticut - UConn basketball coach Kevin Ollie has found a niche in recruiting players who already have graduated but still have one year of basketball eligibility.
- Ex-cop arrested last week faces more charges from weekend Updated: Aug-03-15 3:49 pm
GROTON, Connecticut - A former Hartford police officer arrested twice last week is facing new charges after boating-related incidents over the weekend.
- Official: Connecticut can comply with new emissions plan Updated: Aug-03-15 3:38 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - The commissioner of Connecticut's Department of Energy and Environmental Protection says he's confident the state can comply with President Barack Obama's plan to impose stricter carbon dioxide limits on states.
- Proposal: Families of Newtown victims would split $1.5M Updated: Aug-03-15 2:29 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - The families of more than a dozen victims of the Newtown school shooting rampage would split $1.5 million under proposed settlements of lawsuits against the estate of the gunman's mother.
- Connecticut on pace to end fiscal year with $70.9 M deficit Updated: Aug-03-15 1:38 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - The state comptroller says Connecticut is on track to close out the last fiscal year with a $70.9 million budget deficit.
- With new paint and grease, Navy tries to lengthen subs' life Updated: Aug-03-15 11:17 am
GROTON, Connecticut - As it tries to get the most out of each of its $2.6 billion attack submarines, the U.S. Navy is finding a lot depends on the right paint job.
- Connecticut police target drivers talking, texting on phones Updated: Aug-03-15 10:23 am
MIDDLETOWN, Connecticut - Police across Connecticut are launching another enforcement campaign targeting drivers who talk or text on their cellphones without using required hands-free devices.
- Man dies after motorcycle crash in Meriden Updated: Aug-03-15 9:20 am
MERIDEN, Connecticut - A motorcyclist is dead after an early-morning accident in Meriden.
- Vigil marks anniversary of deadly workplace shooting Updated: Aug-03-15 8:04 am
MANCHESTER, Connecticut - A somber vigil is planned to mark the fifth anniversary of a deadly workplace shooting in Connecticut.
- Hartford police investigate stabbing near baseball field Updated: Aug-03-15 3:22 am
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Police in Hartford say they're investigating a stabbing that occurred in the parking lot near the baseball field in Colt Park.
- Police: Man, 19, seriously injured in scooter crash Updated: Aug-03-15 3:07 am
WILLIMANTIC, Connecticut - Police in Connecticut say a 19-year-old man driving a motorized scooter was seriously injured in a crash.
- Police arrest teen in connection with Connecticut shooting Updated: Aug-02-15 11:25 pm
GOSHEN, Connecticut - Authorities say a 17-year-old has been arrested and charged in connection with the shooting of a Torrington man.
- Man who drowned after bar fight identified Updated: Aug-02-15 9:53 pm
BRIDGEPORT, Connecticut - Authorities have identified the man who apparently drowned in a creek after getting into a fight outside a restaurant early Saturday morning.
- 2 girls pulled unconscious from water in Connecticut Updated: Aug-02-15 9:20 pm
FAIRFIELD, Connecticut - Authorities say two girls are in critical condition after they were pulled unconscious from the water near Fairfield.
- 25-year-old man is Hartford's 20th homicide victim of 2015 Updated: Aug-02-15 5:31 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - A 25-year-old man has died after a Saturday night shooting in Hartford.
- Man found dead in overturned car in rural Connecticut Updated: Aug-02-15 4:05 pm
PLAINFIELD, Connecticut - A Massachusetts man has been found dead in his overturned car in the middle of a road in the eastern Connecticut village of Moosup.
- Mother explores deportation policy after daughter's death Updated: Aug-02-15 2:49 pm
NEW LONDON, Connecticut - A Connecticut woman says she's trying to learn why a Haitian immigrant accused of fatally stabbing her daughter avoided deportation after his release from prison.
- Monitor named to oversee Hartford elections Updated: Aug-02-15 1:56 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - The city of Hartford will soon have an election monitor.
- Hartford lawyer suspended for impersonating fellow lawyer Updated: Aug-01-15 7:05 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - A Connecticut judge has suspended a Hartford attorney for impersonating a fellow lawyer 11 years ago.