- Long-awaited transmission request boosts regional energy Updated: Nov-24-15 4:42 pm
MONTPELIER, Vermont - Companies designing projects to bring clean electricity to southern New England say they're grateful Massachusetts, Connecticut and Rhode Island have finally made a request for proposals to carry that power to the region.
- Woman pleads not guilty in death of boyfriend's parents Updated: Nov-24-15 3:39 pm
BRIDGEPORT, Connecticut - The girlfriend of a Connecticut man who prosecutors say killed his parents for cutting him out of their will pleaded not guilty Tuesday to conspiracy to commit murder.
- Tesla plans to resume push to open stores in Connecticut Updated: Nov-24-15 3:27 pm
MILFORD, Connecticut - Electric car-maker Tesla Motors plans to resume efforts to pass state legislation allowing them to open showrooms in Connecticut and sell its vehicles directly to consumers.
- Report: Connecticut motorists losing $5.1 billion annually Updated: Nov-24-15 3:01 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - A national transportation research group released a report Tuesday that found Connecticut motorists are losing $5.1 billion annually due to congestion-related delays, higher vehicle operating costs and traffic crashes.
- Senator to ask for probe after immigrant accused in slaying Updated: Nov-24-15 2:03 pm
NORWICH, Connecticut - A U.S. senator says he wants an investigation into a federal agency after a Haitian national was accused of killing a Connecticut woman shortly after his release from prison.
- $386,000 judgment awarded to man who lost testicle Updated: Nov-24-15 7:53 am
HARTFORD, Connecticut - A Connecticut man who sued a hospital after losing a testicle following vasectomy surgery has been awarded $386,000 by a judge.
- Connecticut DCF foster mom charged with assaulting infant Updated: Nov-24-15 6:56 am
ENFIELD, Connecticut - A Connecticut foster mother with the state Department of Children and Families has been arraigned on charges she assaulted an infant placed in her care.
- Youngest US chess master, 10: I've got to work on my endgame Updated: Nov-24-15 12:41 am
GREENWICH, Connecticut - At age 10, Maximillian Lu is the youngest-ever chess master in the U.S. Even so, he sees room for improvement.
- Lawmakers say Connecticut budget deficit talks continuing Updated: Nov-23-15 5:09 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - State legislative leaders say they're making progress toward reaching a possible bipartisan plan to close Connecticut's mid-year, budget shortfall.
- Connecticut judge ends receivership of schooner Amistad Updated: Nov-23-15 3:39 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - A Connecticut judge has ended state receivership over the Amistad schooner and dissolved the embattled organization that had operated the vessel.
- Connecticut governor wants guns denied to terror watch list Updated: Nov-23-15 1:37 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Connecticut Gov. Dannel P. Malloy called on top congressional leaders to pass legislation that would prohibit the sale of firearms and explosives to anyone suspected by the federal government of being a terrorist.
- Authorities ID man who died after falling in Kent lake Updated: Nov-23-15 12:26 pm
KENT, Connecticut - Authorities have released the name of the Stamford man who died after falling off a fishing boat in a Kent lake.
- Correction: Free Speech-College Presidents Updated: Nov-23-15 11:06 am
HARTFORD, Connecticut - In a story Nov. 22 about debates over free speech on college campuses, The Associated Press erroneously reported how Williams College President Adam Falk described students' background. He said Williams students come from a media environment that doesn't foster "conversation" across disagreements, not "conservation."
- Police investigating 'suspicious' death of man found in home Updated: Nov-23-15 4:39 am
GLASTONBURY, Connecticut - Police are investigating the death of a man over the weekend in Glastonbury as suspicious.
- Bearden sparks Buffalo past Vermont 77-71 in tourney finale Updated: Nov-22-15 10:35 pm
UNCASVILLE, Connecticut - Lamonte Bearden scored 20 points as Buffalo capped its four-game run in the Hall of Fame Tipoff Classic by beating Vermont 77-71 Sunday night and sweeping its two games at the Mohegan Sun Arena to finish the tournament 2-2.
- Davis leads No. 21 Purdue to 85-70 win over Florida Updated: Nov-22-15 9:16 pm
UNCASVILLE, Connecticut - No. 21 Purdue has dominated early this season with its two 7-footers, but showed on Sunday night it also has some pretty good perimeter players.
- Niagara edges NC A&T in 73-72 win Updated: Nov-22-15 8:05 pm
UNCASVILLE, Connecticut - Marvin Prochet sank the winning bucket to cap a last-minute comeback and lift Niagara to a 73-72 win over NC A&T on Sunday.
- St. Joseph beats Old Dominion 66-64 at Tip-Off classic Updated: Nov-22-15 2:57 pm
UNCASVILLE, Connecticut - Shavar Newkirk scored 10 points, including the last-second game-winner as St. Joseph's rallied past Old Dominion 66-64 in the consolation game of the Naismith Hall of Fame Tip-Off tournament on Sunday.
- Police: Woman dies after being thrown from car during crash Updated: Nov-22-15 1:18 pm
WINDHAM, Connecticut - State Police say a Windham woman has died after her car crashed and she was thrown from the vehicle.
- Police: 1 teenager killed in car crash near cemetery Updated: Nov-22-15 10:59 am
MERIDEN, Connecticut - Police say a teenager has died after the car he was driving crashed near a cemetery in Meriden.
- Fairfield needs overtime to hold off Sacred Heart, 83-79 Updated: Nov-21-15 10:25 pm
BRIDGEPORT, Connecticut - Tyler Nelson and Jerry Johnson Jr. each scored 16 points and Fairfield converted seven of eight from the line in overtime to hold off Sacred Heart, 83-79 Saturday night for its first win in its home debut.
- Skeete, Wigginton lead Buffalo past North Carolina A&T 86-68 Updated: Nov-21-15 9:58 pm
UNCASVILLE, Connecticut - Jarryn Skeete made a career-high six 3-pointers and Buffalo beat North Carolina A&T 86-68 in a Hall of Fame Tipoff Classic game on Saturday night.
- Houston falls 20-17 at UConn for 1st loss of season Updated: Nov-21-15 9:54 pm
EAST HARTFORD, Connecticut - Houston coach Tom Herman worried that his team was stepping into what he saw as a quintessential trap game against UConn.
- Thomas helps Connecticut beat No. 13 Houston 20-17 Updated: Nov-21-15 9:31 pm
EAST HARTFORD, Connecticut - UConn handed Houston its first loss of the season while becoming bowl eligible for the first time in five years.
- Vermont pulls away from Niagara 85-67 Updated: Nov-21-15 8:01 pm
UNCASVILLE, Connecticut - Trae Bell-Haynes scored 28 points on 8-for-13 shooting Saturday to lead Vermont to an 85-67 win over Niagara in the Hall of Fame Tipoff Tournament.