- Old Dominion sails past North Texas 67-47 Updated: Feb-11-16 9:45 pm
NORFOLK, Virginia - Brandan Stith scored 17 points and collected 11 rebounds as Old Dominion used a strong second half to post a 67-47 win over North Texas Thursday night.
- Uber, Norfolk International Airport ink transportation deal Updated: Feb-11-16 9:48 am
NORFOLK, Virginia - Ride-hailing company Uber has inked a deal with the Norfolk International Airport to allow Uber drivers to transport people to and from the airport.
- Mother of 2 killed by her dog in Perquimans County Updated: Feb-11-16 5:58 am
HERTFORD, North Carolina - Authorities say a mother of two in Perquimans County has died after being mauled by her dog at her home.
- Norfolk to spend $5M to entice Fortune 500 company ADP Updated: Feb-10-16 5:33 am
NORFOLK, Virginia - The Norfolk city council has agreed to spend $5 million to entice a Fortune 500 company to bring an expected 2,000 jobs downtown.
- Authorities plan to announce Tidewater heroin initiative Updated: Feb-09-16 1:16 am
NORFOLK, Virginia - Law enforcement officials plan to announce an initiative to deal with the heroin problem in Virginia's Tidewater region.
- Dominion teams up with energy company on Virginia solar farm Updated: Feb-08-16 12:28 pm
CHESAPEAKE, Virginia - Dominion Virginia Power is teaming up with a North Carolina energy company to create the largest solar farm in Hampton Roads.
- WWII vet begins journey to reunite with wartime girlfriend Updated: Feb-08-16 7:23 am
NORFOLK, Virginia - A World War II veteran has embarked on a 10,500-mile journey to visit his wartime girlfriend after more than 70 years apart.
- Authorities warn public of phone scam asking for money Updated: Feb-08-16 5:40 am
NORFOLK, Virginia - Norfolk deputies are warning citizens about a phone scam in which someone has been impersonating a sheriff's deputy and asking for money.
- Report: Captain drank with his Navy crew, harassed women Updated: Feb-05-16 5:56 pm
NORFOLK, Virginia - A former commanding officer could be dismissed from the Navy over numerous misconduct allegations after a night of heavy drinking with his crew while he was in charge of the guided missile cruiser the USS Anzio.
- Hampton holds off NAIA-member Washington Adventist 69-67 Updated: Feb-02-16 8:55 pm
NORFOLK, Virginia - Reginald Johnson Jr. scored 30 points and Hampton needed a late 15-0 run to beat NAIA-member Washington Adventist 69-67 Tuesday night.
- Pamunkey tribe withstands challenge to federal recognition Updated: Feb-02-16 12:22 pm
NORFOLK, Virginia - A group challenging federal recognition of Virginia's Pamunkey Indian tribe has lost its case before the Interior Board of Indian Appeals.
- Coast Guard flies sick cruise passenger to hospital Updated: Feb-02-16 7:51 am
ELIZABETH CITY, North Carolina - The Coast Guard has taken a sick woman off a cruise ship about 230 miles east of Cape Hatteras.
- Navy sailor faces new murder charges in military court Updated: Feb-02-16 2:28 am
NORFOLK, Virginia - Military authorities arrested a Navy petty officer in connection with a shooting death that he had already served time for.
- Norfolk Southern 4Q profit falls 29 percent as volume slows Updated: Jan-27-16 4:52 pm
OMAHA, Nebraska - Norfolk Southern Corp.'s fourth-quarter profit slid 29 percent as the railroad delivered 6 percent less freight. It plans to cut 2,000 jobs, or 4 percent of its workforce, as it fends off a takeover bid from rival Canadian Pacific.
- Ex-pastor sentenced for taping women while they were nude Updated: Jan-26-16 2:05 am
NORFOLK, Virginia - A former Norfolk pastor is going to prison for secretly videotaping another clergyman's wife and daughter while they were naked.
- Oliver's 25 helps Norfolk State cruise by Savannah St, 92-73 Updated: Jan-25-16 11:02 pm
NORFOLK, Virginia - Charles Oliver tied a career-high with six 3-pointers and scored 25 points to lead Norfolk State past Savannah State 92-73 on Monday night.
- Soloman helps SC State edge Hampton 67-62 Updated: Jan-25-16 9:31 pm
NORFOLK, Virginia - Eric Eaves scored 18 points, Ty Soloman hit a late 3-pointer and two important free throws, and South Carolina State edged Hampton 67-62 on Monday night.
- Norfolk State rolls to 87-74 win over South Carolina State Updated: Jan-23-16 8:38 pm
NORFOLK, Virginia - Charles Oliver scored 19 points, and Zaynah Robinson and D'Shon Taylor each added 13 as Norfolk State rolled to an 87-74 win over South Carolina State on Saturday.
- Kelly's late 3 helps Marshall edge Old Dominion Updated: Jan-23-16 4:28 pm
NORFOLK, Virginia - James Kelly nailed a 3-pointer with four seconds to go and Marshall edged Old Dominion 78-75 on Saturday.
- Freeman has 28, Old Dominion beats Western Kentucky 68-62 Updated: Jan-21-16 9:25 pm
NORFOLK, Virginia - Trey Freeman had his third straight 28-point game, making 13 of 25 from the field, as Old Dominion held off Western Kentucky 68-62 on Thursday night to stop a three-game skid.
- Norfolk city treasurer pleads not guilty to corruption Updated: Jan-20-16 5:37 pm
NORFOLK, Virginia - Norfolk's city treasurer has pleaded not guilty to public corruption charges.
- Monitor sanctuary expansion aimed at WWII shipwrecks Updated: Jan-17-16 10:35 am
NEWPORT NEWS, Virginia - The Monitor National Marine Sanctuary has announced a proposal to extend federal safeguards protecting the North Carolina wreck of the historic Civil War ironclad to the largest concentration of World War II shipwrecks in the United States.
- Middle Tennessee holds on to beat Old Dominion 64-61 Updated: Jan-16-16 6:25 pm
NORFOLK, Virginia - Darnell Harris scored 19 points and Edward Simpson added 14 as Middle Tennessee pulled away late in second half and held on to beat Old Dominion 64-61 on Saturday.
- Lee, Norton help UAB beat Old Dominion 72-71 in overtime Updated: Jan-14-16 10:09 pm
NORFOLK, Virginia - William Lee hit five 3-pointers and finished with 28 points, both career highs, and Nick Norton made a layup with three seconds left in overtime to help UAB beat Old Dominion 72-71 Thursday night.
- 2 Navy jets make emergency landing for fuel at Va. airport Updated: Jan-14-16 2:13 pm
NORFOLK, Virginia - An official at Norfolk International Airport says two Navy fighter jets on a training mission made successful emergency landings after running low on fuel.