- Transgender student's bid to again use boys restrooms denied Updated: Sep-04-15 7:25 pm
NORFOLK, Virginia - A federal judge has denied a bid by a transgender teenager to resume using the boys' restrooms at his eastern Virginia high school.
- Man admits role in Virginia heroin trafficking ring Updated: Sep-04-15 4:13 pm
NORFOLK, Virginia - The final defendant in a Portsmouth-area heroin trafficking case has pleaded guilty.
- Rutgers coach Flood under fire heading into season opener Updated: Sep-04-15 3:40 pm
PISCATAWAY, New Jersey - When Rutgers opens the season against Norfolk State Saturday, coach Kyle Flood seemingly is going to lead the team on the field at Rutgers Stadium.
- NC man pleads guilty to possessing stolen guns Updated: Sep-04-15 3:23 am
NORFOLK, Virginia - A North Carolina man has pleaded guilty in Virginia to possessing stolen guns.
- Longtime Sentara Healthcare CEO to retire in 2016 Updated: Sep-03-15 11:55 am
NORFOLK, Virginia - Longtime Sentara Healthcare chief executive officer David L. Bernd plans to retire next year.
- 2 Norfolk police officers charged with embezzling from union Updated: Sep-03-15 8:19 am
NORFOLK, Virginia - Two Norfolk police officers face charges of embezzling from a law enforcement union.
- Shipyard, plaintiffs propose sex-discrimination settlement Updated: Sep-02-15 4:47 pm
NORFOLK, Virginia - Plaintiffs in a gender-discrimination lawsuit filed against a Norfolk shipyard have asked a federal judge to give preliminary approval to a settlement.
- 2 Norfolk police officers charged with embezzlement Updated: Sep-02-15 3:11 pm
NORFOLK, Virginia - Two Norfolk police officers have been indicted by a grand jury on charges that they embezzled from the International Brotherhood of Police.
- Shipyard, plaintiffs propose sex-discrimination settlement Updated: Sep-02-15 1:26 pm
NORFOLK, Virginia - Plaintiffs in a gender-discrimination lawsuit filed against a Virginia shipyard have asked a federal judge to give preliminary approval to a settlement.
- Off-duty Norfolk police dog bites 3; handler placed on leave Updated: Sep-01-15 4:54 pm
NORFOLK, Virginia - A Norfolk police dog bit three people after escaping from his off-duty handler's back yard.
- Virginia Zoo asks public for help naming giraffe calf Updated: Aug-31-15 2:09 am
NORFOLK, Virginia - The public is being asked to help name a giraffe calf recently born at the Virginia Zoo.
- Customs: Beetle at Norfolk port first to be found in US Updated: Aug-30-15 3:43 pm
NORFOLK, Virginia - Federal authorities say a wood-boring beetle in a cargo container at the Port of Norfolk is the first of its kind to be found in the United States.
- Man, 90, recalls meeting Babe Ruth at Norfolk field in 1934 Updated: Aug-29-15 9:35 am
NORFOLK, Virginia - 1968. "Let's see, it was the Detroit Tigers over the St. Louis Cardinals."
- Uproar over suggestive banners hung near a Virginia campus Updated: Aug-24-15 5:47 pm
NORFOLK, Virginia - A fraternity has suspended activities at a university chapter in Virginia after an uproar over sexually suggestive banners hung from a private home where several of that fraternity's members live.
- Lawsuit challenges Virginia visitors guide rules and fees Updated: Aug-24-15 11:52 am
NORFOLK, Virginia - A Virginia Beach visitors guide publisher is challenging the rules and fees for distributing information at Virginia welcome centers and rest areas.
- 1 dead, 1 injured after being pulled out of river by police Updated: Aug-24-15 5:52 am
NORFOLK, Virginia - Norfolk police say one man has died and another is hospitalized after officers pulled them out of the Elizabeth River.
- North Carolina man admits to music copyright infringement Updated: Aug-22-15 1:13 pm
NORFOLK, Virginia - A North Carolina man who owned a music-sharing website has pleaded guilty to copyright infringement.
- Fire chief criticizes CSX over 2014 Virginia derailment Updated: Aug-21-15 6:20 pm
The fire official who led the response to a 2014 oil train derailment in Lynchburg, Virginia, criticized CSX Transportation, saying it took two hours for the company's representative to arrive at a command post after the wreck.
- USS Barry commander, command master chief relieved of duties Updated: Aug-21-15 5:08 pm
NORFOLK, Virginia - The Navy has removed two of the top leaders aboard the guided-missile destroyer USS Barry.
- USS Boise to undergo change of command Updated: Aug-21-15 4:04 am
NORFOLK, Virginia - The USS Boise is undergoing a change of command.
- Commander of USS Shamal removed from position Updated: Aug-20-15 4:22 am
NORFOLK, Virginia - The Navy says the commanding officer of the USS Shamal has been relieved of her duties while allegations into inappropriate behavior are investigated.
- Man working on Tesla Motors charging station found dead Updated: Aug-19-15 2:29 pm
NORFOLK, Virginia - A man who was working on a new Tesla Motors auto charging station in Virginia has died.
- NC man working on Tesla charging station in Va. found dead Updated: Aug-19-15 2:22 pm
NORFOLK, Virginia - A North Carolina man who was working on a new Tesla Motors auto charging station in Virginia has died.
- Part of Waterside in Norfolk to be demolished, renamed Updated: Aug-19-15 3:58 am
NORFOLK, Virginia - The developer tasked with a $40 million overhaul of Norfolk's Waterside Festival Marketplace plans to demolish part of it.
- Survey: Trust, exhaustion were issues on Navy hospital ship Updated: Aug-17-15 3:22 pm
NORFOLK, Virginia - Stress levels were so high among sailors aboard a Navy hospital ship preparing to provide humanitarian assistance to Latin America that the medical unit was not considered mission capable weeks before it was set to deploy in March, according to Navy documents obtained through the Freedom of Information Act.