- 2 injured in overnight shooting in Norfolk Updated: Nov-29-15 9:58 am
NORFOLK, Virginia - Police say that two people have been injured in an overnight shooting.
- Florida Atlantic upends Old Dominion in 33-31 win Updated: Nov-28-15 5:20 pm
NORFOLK, Virginia - Greg Joseph's two fourth-quarter field goals - including the 29-yard game-winner - saved Florida Atlantic as it rallied to beat Old Dominion 33-31 on Saturday.
- Former Virginia House speaker, Norfolk treasurer dies at 87 Updated: Nov-27-15 4:10 pm
NORFOLK, Virginia - A former speaker of the Virginia House of Delegates and treasurer of Norfolk whose political career spanned decades has died, his wife said Friday.
- Former Virginia House speaker, Norfolk treasurer dies at 87 Updated: Nov-27-15 1:08 pm
NORFOLK, Virginia - A former speaker of the Virginia House of Delegates whose political career spanned decades has died.
- Family sues PETA for $9.7M, says workers euthanized pet Updated: Nov-25-15 3:02 am
NORFOLK, Virginia - A family is suing PETA for $9.7 million after they say workers from the organization euthanized their Chihuahua.
- Police to distribute bracelets to people doing good things Updated: Nov-24-15 3:31 am
NORFOLK, Virginia - Officers at the Norfolk Police Department are being encouraged to distribute green plastic bracelets to reward people for doing good things.
- Uber will no longer pick up passengers from Norfolk airport Updated: Nov-24-15 3:15 am
NORFOLK, Virginia - Uber drivers will no longer be able to pick up passengers at the Norfolk International Airport.
- Female veterans' stories preserved in Virginia Beach exhibit Updated: Nov-21-15 11:52 am
NORFOLK, Virginia - During World War II, Therese Hughes' mother was an officer in the Navy's WAVES, Women Accepted for Volunteer Emergency Service. But her mother never talked about her time, and Hughes knew nothing of her service until years after Hicks died in 1977.
- Hampton upends Appalachian State 82-61 behind Darden's 21 Updated: Nov-20-15 10:47 pm
NORFOLK, Virginia - Brian Darden scored 21 points and Reginald Johnson Jr. added 19 to lead Hampton past Appalachian State 82-61 Friday night.
- Canadian Pacific CEO hopes Norfolk Southern will talk merger Updated: Nov-19-15 5:40 pm
Canadian Pacific's chief executive said Thursday he remains optimistic about completing a merger with Norfolk Southern but executives at the Virginia-based railroad haven't been willing to discuss the idea at length.
- Virginian-Pilot wins lawsuit to get police information Updated: Nov-19-15 4:17 pm
NORFOLK, Virginia - The Virginian-Pilot has won a lawsuit to get some employment records about law enforcement officers across the state.
- Baggage handlers plead guilty to theft conspiracy at airport Updated: Nov-19-15 4:38 am
NORFOLK, Virginia - Two baggage handlers have pleaded guilty for their roles in a conspiracy to steal items from passengers' bags at Norfolk International Airport.
- Old Dominion beats Morgan State 79-48 for third straight win Updated: Nov-18-15 10:09 pm
NORFOLK, Virginia - Aaron Bacote made 8 of 15 shots to score 22 points and led Old Dominion to its third straight victory, 79-48 over Morgan State on Wednesday night.
- Car thieves or chauffeurs? Police say men drop boy at school Updated: Nov-18-15 1:25 pm
NORFOLK, Virginia - Police say two car thieves made an unexpected stop after stealing a vehicle Wednesday morning: They dropped an 8-year-old boy off at school after they discovered him in the backseat.
- Michelle Obama to speak at Old Dominion University this week Updated: Nov-18-15 1:02 pm
NORFOLK, Virginia - First lady Michelle Obama is scheduled to speak at FNV Live! at Old Dominion University in Norfolk later this week.
- Butler leads Norfolk State over Washington Adventist 78-58 Updated: Nov-17-15 11:09 pm
NORFOLK, Virginia - Jordan Butler had career-highs of 19 points, 14 rebounds and six blocks to lead Norfolk State over NAIA member Washington Adventist 78-58 on Tuesday night.
- Old Dominion defeats Buffalo 77-58 Updated: Nov-16-15 9:31 pm
NORFOLK, Virginia - Trey Freeman scored 22 points and Brandan Stith added 15 points as Old Dominion beat Buffalo 77-58 Monday night.
- Report: Navy adds nearly $10B to Hampton Roads economy Updated: Nov-16-15 1:15 pm
NORFOLK, Virginia - A new report says the Navy added nearly $10 billion to the Hampton Roads area's economy in the 2014 fiscal year.
- Washington's 2 TD passes carry Old Dominion past UTEP 31-21 Updated: Nov-14-15 4:45 pm
NORFOLK, Virginia - David Washington threw for 291 yards and two touchdowns, Ray Lawry and Jeremy Cox each ran 42-yards for a touchdown and Old Dominion recovered from a slow start to post a 31-21 victory over UTEP on Saturday afternoon.
- South Carolina St comes back to beat Norfolk St, 17-10 Updated: Nov-14-15 4:23 pm
NORFOLK, Virginia - Adrian Kollack completed 25 of 40 passes for 255 yards and a touchdown to help lead South Carolina State to a 17-10 win over Norfolk State on Saturday.
- Freeman leads Old Dominion to 67-50 win over Niagara Updated: Nov-13-15 9:55 pm
NORFOLK, Virginia - Trey Freeman scored 20 points, Aaron Bacote had 18, and Old Dominion used a 14-0 run in the first half to power its 67-50 win over Niagara in the season opener for both teams on Friday.
- Man wanted on 2008 child sex charges apprehended Updated: Nov-13-15 2:59 am
NORFOLK, Virginia - A fugitive from Chesterfield County has been captured in Hampton after seven years on the run.
- Secretary of State to speak at Old Dominion University Updated: Nov-10-15 2:59 am
NORFOLK, Virginia - U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry is set for an appearance at Old Dominion University.
- Norfolk man sentenced for role in tax refund scheme Updated: Nov-09-15 1:05 pm
NORFOLK, Virginia - A Norfolk man has been sentenced for his role in an income tax refund scheme that netted more than $2 million.
- Norfolk State tops Savannah State in overtime 20-17 Updated: Nov-07-15 5:38 pm
NORFOLK, Virginia - Cameron Marouf kicked a 38-yard field goal in overtime to lift Norfolk State over Savannah State 20-17 on Saturday.