- The Latest: Surfer enjoys outing in Chesapeake Bay Updated: Oct-03-15 2:06 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - The latest on heavy rains in Virginia. (All times local):
- More rain, flooding forecast along soggy East Coast Updated: Oct-03-15 1:57 pm
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - Rain pummeling parts of the East Coast showed little sign of slackening Saturday, with record-setting precipitation prolonging the soppy misery that has been eased only by news that powerful Hurricane Joaquin will not hit the U.S.
- After 22 years, Norfolk mayor won't seek re-election Updated: Oct-01-15 12:10 pm
NORFOLK, Virginia - The mayor of Virginia's second-largest city says he won't seek re-election after holding the office for 22 years.
- Navy deploys 13,000 sandbags to protect its largest base Updated: Oct-01-15 12:02 pm
NORFOLK, Virginia - Sailors at the world's largest naval base are filling thousands of sandbags to protect the base's buildings from flooding.
- NATO Allied Command Transformation undergoes command change Updated: Oct-01-15 2:31 am
NORFOLK, Virginia - NATO's only command in North America has a new leader.
- Major repairs on Wallops Island spaceport completed Updated: Oct-01-15 2:01 am
NORFOLK, Virginia - The Virginia Commercial Spaceflight Authority says major repairs to a launch pad that was damaged when a rocket exploded shortly after liftoff last fall have been completed.
- Va. medical school to study placenta with US grant funding Updated: Sep-29-15 2:35 am
NORFOLK, Virginia - The National Institutes of Health has awarded a $2.7 million grant to Eastern Virginia Medical School in Norfolk.
- Turn it down: Norfolk limits street performers' volume Updated: Sep-28-15 2:06 am
NORFOLK, Virginia - Street performers in Norfolk will have to turn down the volume in the late-night and early morning hours.
- Gerard Johnson helps Norfolk St. top Hampton, 24-14 Updated: Sep-26-15 7:51 pm
NORFOLK, Virginia - Gerard Johnson ran for 119 yards and a touchdown to help Norfolk State snap a six-game losing streak and beat Hampton 24-14 Saturday.
- Lamb's 4 TDs power Appalachian State past Old Dominion 49-0 Updated: Sep-26-15 7:16 pm
NORFOLK, Virginia - Taylor Lamb threw a career-high four touchdown passes to lead Appalachian State to a 49-0 win over Old Dominion on Saturday.
- USGS deploys tide monitors in advance of weekend storm Updated: Sep-25-15 12:09 pm
VIRGINIA BEACH, Virginia - The U.S. Geological Survey has deployed temporary tide monitoring devices to Hampton Roads in advance of a strong weekend storm.
- New York man pleads guilty to drug conspiracy in Va. Updated: Sep-24-15 3:10 am
NORFOLK, Virginia - A 27-year-old New York City man has pleaded guilty in Virginia to a drug distribution conspiracy.
- Next US aircraft carrier's sea trials delayed up to 2 months Updated: Sep-23-15 5:11 pm
NORFOLK, Virginia - Sea trials for the Navy's next generation aircraft carrier could be delayed up to two months, although it's unclear if that will push back a planned March delivery date, officials said Wednesday.
- Man must pay $1.9m restitution in food stamp fraud case Updated: Sep-22-15 11:01 am
NORFOLK, Virginia - A judge has ordered a Norfolk man to pay $1.9 million in restitution to the federal government in a food stamp fraud case.
- BAE Systems cutting about 650 Norfolk shipyard jobs Updated: Sep-21-15 2:02 pm
NORFOLK, Virginia - BAE Systems is laying off about 650 workers at its Norfolk shipyard.
- Marshall blows past Norfolk State 45-7 Updated: Sep-19-15 7:27 pm
HUNTINGTON, West Virginia - Chase Litton threw for 270 yards and four touchdowns, and Devon Johnson rushed for 122 yards and a score to help Marshall to a 45-7 win over Norfolk State on Saturday.
- Va. Beach man pleads guilty to federal drug charges Updated: Sep-18-15 3:45 am
NORFOLK, Virginia - A 32-year-old Virginia Beach man has pleaded guilty to manufacturing marijuana and maintaining drug-involved premises.
- Frigate USS Kauffman undergoes decommissioning Updated: Sep-18-15 3:05 am
NORFOLK, Virginia - The USS Kauffman is being decommissioned in Norfolk.
- Judge scolds Norfolk police for selling murder victim's car Updated: Sep-17-15 5:16 am
NORFOLK, Virginia - A Norfolk judge has scolded city police for selling a murder victim's car.
- Chesapeake man indicted for smuggling weapons silencers Updated: Sep-17-15 4:36 am
NORFOLK, Virginia - A 42-year-old Chesapeake man has been indicted by a federal grand jury for smuggling firearm silencers into the United States from Canada.
- New segment of Elizabeth River Trail to open Updated: Sep-16-15 3:55 am
NORFOLK, Virginia - A new section of the Elizabeth River Trail will be open soon in Norfolk.
- Official: Moses Malone died of natural causes Updated: Sep-14-15 1:12 pm
NORFOLK, Virginia - The Virginia medical examiner's office says Hall of Fame basketball player Moses Malone died of natural causes.
- Examiner: Cardiovascular disease caused Moses Malone's death Updated: Sep-14-15 12:03 pm
NORFOLK, Virginia - Hall of Fame basketball player Moses Malone's death was caused by cardiovascular disease, the Virginia medical examiner's office said Monday.
- NBA great Moses Malone dies at 60 Updated: Sep-13-15 4:58 pm
Moses Malone devoured rebounds so easily it sometimes seemed he missed shots on purpose to pad his total before scoring.
- Old Dominion outlasts Norfolk State, 24-10 Updated: Sep-12-15 11:53 pm
NORKFOLK, Virginia - Ray Lawry ran for 215 yards on 31 carries with two touchdowns to help lead Old Dominion to a 24-10 victory over Norfolk State on Saturday.