- A Princeton plasma physicist goes to Trenton Updated: Nov-27-15 8:50 am
TRENTON, New Jersey - A physicist who spends his days lecturing about how to re-create conditions at the center of the sun has managed to alter conditions in the Legislature - by upending a Republican incumbent political experts had expected to win.
- Christie pardons Philadelphia man with drug record Updated: Nov-25-15 4:49 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie pardoned a 61-year-old Philadelphia man with a record of drug use on Wednesday, saying he turned his life around after a 1972 robbery conviction in Atlantic City.
- Correction: Legal Marijuana story Updated: Nov-24-15 3:09 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - In a story Nov. 15 about New Jersey debating legalizing marijuana, The Associated Press reported erroneously on who must pay a $200 fee to register with the state's medical marijuana program. Patients and caregivers must pay the fee, not patients and doctors.
- Correction: Medical Marijuana story Updated: Nov-24-15 3:09 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - In a story March 26 about New Jersey's medical marijuana program, The Associated Press reported erroneously on who must pay a $200 fee to register with the state's medical marijuana program. Patients and caregivers must pay the fee, not patients and doctors.
- Correction: Marijuana Arrests story Updated: Nov-24-15 12:18 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - In a story Nov. 23 about increasing marijuana arrests in New Jersey, The Associated Press improperly paraphrased a quote by the executive director of New Jersey's ACLU chapter. Udi Ofer said he doubts "anyone knows the exact answer" and noted the increase "coincides with a governor who has taken an incredibly harsh tone on marijuana use," but Ofer did not say that the spike could be attributed to Christie's harsh tone.
- Former Trenton priest to serve 3 years at treatment center Updated: Nov-22-15 3:02 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - A former Trenton priest will serve three years at a specialized adult treatment center for sex offenders rather than state prison.
- Inverso of Rider and Donigan of Rutgers have 40-year bond Updated: Nov-18-15 12:27 pm
HAMILTON, New Jersey - Charlie Inverso of Rider and Dan Donigan of Rutgers have more in common than leading their New Jersey schools to the NCAA men's soccer tournament.
- Christie against licenses for those without legal status Updated: Nov-16-15 2:54 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - Gov. Chris Christie said Monday he would veto a bill that that would establish a New Jersey driver's license for residents who cannot prove they are in the United States legally, dashing the hopes of hundreds of people who rallied at the statehouse Monday to support the measure.
- Correction: Biosimilar Drugs-New Jersey story Updated: Nov-12-15 5:18 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - In a story Nov. 11 on a measure signed by Gov. Chris Christie, The Associated Press reported erroneously what the new law would do. The measure allows pharmacists to substitute certain discounted versions of biologic drugs, but it doesn't allow for the sale of a particular biosimilar drug. The AP also erroneously reported the name of the organization led by Jim Greenwood. He is CEO of the Biotechnology Industry Organization, not BioNJ.
- Activists stage rally to highlight bipedal bear's plight Updated: Nov-10-15 2:23 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - Animal activists continue to press New Jersey officials over the plight of a bipedal bear that has become a social media darling.
- 2 officers who shot teenager during chase won't be charged Updated: Nov-09-15 6:29 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - Two law enforcement officers who shot a 14-year-old boy they said pointed a gun at them during a foot chase won't face criminal charges, a grand jury decided Monday.
- Skill or chance? New Jersey could influence fantasy sports Updated: Nov-09-15 2:00 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - Making a case they hope will resonate with states across the nation, representatives of the fantasy sports industry told New Jersey lawmakers Monday that regulators should not treat them the same way as casinos because success in their industry relies more on skill than on chance.
- The Latest: New Jersey Democrats pick up Assembly seats Updated: Nov-04-15 12:26 am
TRENTON, New Jersey - Here is the latest on the general election in New Jersey (all times local):
- Man, woman wounded in shooting outside Trenton nightclub Updated: Nov-01-15 2:13 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - Two people were wounded when shots rang out at a nightclub in New Jersey's capital city.
- Some ads in Assembly contests leave out key details Updated: Oct-28-15 1:12 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - Voters are being inundated with political ads ahead of next week's election as they prepare to head to the polls to cast ballots in all 80 Assembly seats.