- Small native prairie on Kansas campus to be restored Updated: Aug-29-15 11:41 am
LAWRENCE, Kansas - A small piece of native prairie tucked away on the University of Kansas campus will be restored this year.
- Now that QB settled at Kansas, race is on to catch passes Updated: Aug-28-15 5:23 pm
LAWRENCE, Kansas - Kansas has settled on a starting quarterback, giving the job back to Montell Cozart.
- University of Kansas, Hall reach agreement over documents Updated: Aug-27-15 6:56 pm
LAWRENCE, Kansas - The University of Kansas reached a settlement agreement over the release of emails and other documents with a student group looking for ties between an economic research center and brothers Charles and David Koch, the university announced Thursday.
- Cozart wins competition to start at quarterback for Kansas Updated: Aug-24-15 6:32 pm
LAWRENCE, Kansas - Montell Cozart will be under center for new Kansas coach David Beaty when the Jayhawks begin their season Sept. 5 against South Dakota State.
- Judge: Former Lawrence officer not fired because of race Updated: Aug-24-15 5:48 pm
LAWRENCE, Kansas - A federal judge has ruled that a former Lawrence police officer involved in dismissing speeding tickets for a University of Kansas athletics employee was not fired because of his race.
- Kansas Democrats try to regroup after chairman resigns Updated: Aug-22-15 4:53 pm
WICHITA, Kansas - The resignation of the Kansas Democratic Party's chairman amid a backlash over comments he made about rebranding the party's message has thrown a mid-year political convention into flux.
- Lawrence picks new mayor following resignation Updated: Aug-19-15 9:17 am
LAWRENCE, Kansas - Lawrence commissioners have named a new mayor after the city's former leader resigned.
- Woman convicted in Lawrence roommate's death to be sentenced Updated: Aug-19-15 3:16 am
LAWRENCE, Kansas - Sentencing has been scheduled for a 21-year-old woman who was convicted earlier this year in the 2014 killing of her roommate and former employer.
- Beaty understands magnitude of rebuilding job at Kansas Updated: Aug-19-15 2:59 am
LAWRENCE, Kansas - There is no easy way to describe the magnitude of the task facing David Beaty, who was hired last year to rebuild a Kansas football program fallen on hard times.
- Lawrence man dies in mowing accident Updated: Aug-17-15 6:44 pm
LAWRENCE, Kansas - A 74-year-old rural Lawrence man has died while mowing trails near Lake Perry.
- Former Lawrence mayor repays more than $1K before resigning Updated: Aug-14-15 9:49 am
LAWRENCE, Kansas - The former mayor of Lawrence used a government credit card for about $1,100 in personal expenses but repaid the city shortly before resigning this week.
- Douglas County OKs permit for specialty meat shop Updated: Aug-13-15 4:04 pm
LAWRENCE, Kansas - Douglas County commissioners have approved a permit for a specialty meat shop despite opposition from Kansas Secretary of State Kris Kobach and others.
- Lawrence man, 19, struck, killed in Johnson County Updated: Aug-12-15 11:05 am
OLATHE, Kansas - Authorities have identified a 19-year-old man struck and killed by a vehicle on a highway in Johnson County.
- Kansas Capitol vendor says he can't compete with lobbyists Updated: Aug-11-15 4:50 pm
TOPEKA, Kansas - A vendor said he's quitting after providing concessions for 39 years at the Kansas Statehouse because he can't compete against the free food lobbyists provide for lawmakers during the sessions.
- Haskell Indian Nations University maintains accreditation Updated: Aug-11-15 3:08 pm
LAWRENCE, Kansas - Haskell Indian Nations University will maintain the accreditation it has held since 1979.
- Lawrence mayor resigns from food bank that owes $50K Updated: Aug-11-15 10:34 am
LAWRENCE, Kansas - The mayor of Lawrence has resigned his position leading a food bank that owes $50,000 in federal payroll taxes, saying it was his fault that the taxes did not get paid.
- A lean Kansas football team is starting over with a new look Updated: Aug-08-15 5:15 pm
LAWRENCE, Kansas - A whole different look for Kansas football this season.
- Memorial service for former KU chancellor to be steamed live Updated: Aug-07-15 5:08 am
LAWRENCE, Kansas - The memorial service on Sunday for former University of Kansas Chancellor Robert Hemenway will be streamed online and broadcast at the Lied Center, where overflow seating will be available.
- Legendary University of Kansas track coach Timmons dies Updated: Aug-05-15 7:26 pm
LAWRENCE, Kansas - A former University of Kansas track coach who led his teams to 13 Big Eight indoor titles and 14 outdoor championships has died at the age of 91.
- Former University of Kansas chancellor Hemenway dies Updated: Aug-03-15 12:56 pm
LAWRENCE, Kansas - A memorial service is planned Sunday to honor former University of Kansas Chancellor Robert Hemenway.
- University of Kansas gets $2M to recruit migrant students Updated: Aug-03-15 5:52 am
LAWRENCE, Kansas - The University of Kansas has announced that it received a $2 million grant from the U.S. Department of Education to help recruit and support migrant students.
- Thousands of Kansans mistakenly told Medicaid coverage ended Updated: Aug-01-15 12:22 pm
TOPEKA, Kansas - The state mistakenly notified thousands of Kansans this week that their Medicaid coverage had been canceled.