- Lawrence man sentenced to life for fatal 2014 home invasion Updated: Apr-29-16 6:01 pm
LAWRENCE, Kansas - A Kansas man has been sentenced to life in prison for a 2014 home invasion that left another man dead.
- Haskell commencement speaker leading Redskins mascot fight Updated: Apr-28-16 8:39 am
LAWRENCE, Kansas - A Haskell Indian Nations University graduate who is at the forefront in the fight to change the name of the Washington Redskins NFL team is scheduled to be the keynote speaker at the university's commencement.
- Kansas lawmakers reject audit for same-sex discrimination Updated: Apr-26-16 5:17 pm
TOPEKA, Kansas - Kansas lawmakers have again refused to audit the Department of Children and Families to determine if the agency discriminates against same-sex couples in adoption or foster care cases.
- University of Kansas to study stress in Kansas City children Updated: Apr-26-16 11:04 am
LAWRENCE, Kansas - A $3.7 million federal grant will allow a University of Kansas researcher to study how stress affects young children in Kansas City.
- Man found guilty of murder in Lawrence throat-stabbing Updated: Apr-25-16 12:40 pm
LAWRENCE, Kansas - A 34-year-old man has been convicted in the death of a Lawrence man who was found bleeding outside a fast-food restaurant.
- Court suspends Lawrence attorney's license for 18 months Updated: Apr-21-16 11:03 am
LAWRENCE, Kansas - The Kansas Supreme Court has suspended the license of a Lawrence attorney for 18 months amid complaints from her clients and others attorneys.
- Kansas QBs Cozart, Ford receive hardship waivers Updated: Apr-20-16 3:33 pm
LAWRENCE, Kansas - Kansas quarterbacks Montell Cozart and Deondre Ford were granted hardship waivers Wednesday after sustaining injuries last season, giving both redshirt juniors two years of eligibility remaining.
- 2nd University of Kansas rower files sexual assault lawsuit Updated: Apr-19-16 6:30 pm
LAWRENCE, Kansas - A second member of the University of Kansas rowing team has filed a lawsuit alleging she was sexually assaulted by a football player at the school.
- Kansas University fraternity supports paralyzed member Updated: Apr-18-16 3:09 pm
LAWRENCE, Kansas - A University of Kansas fraternity has raised about $30,000 for students with disabilities in honor of one of its members who was paralyzed while swimming in the ocean in Hawaii over winter break.
- Lawrence considering Indigenous Peoples Day Updated: Apr-18-16 12:08 pm
LAWRENCE, Kansas - Lawrence may soon join a growing number of cities that use Columbus Day to honor the contributions and culture of Native Americans.
- Expanded Baker Wetlands attracting nature lovers Updated: Apr-11-16 10:15 am
LAWRENCE, Kansas - Loud bullfrogs greeted Scott Kimball's Baker University ornithology class on a recent morning at a Baker Wetlands viewing site.
- Some Kansas courts slow to answer probable cause requests Updated: Apr-09-16 1:14 pm
LAWRENCE, Kansas - Some Kansas courts have failed to comply with a new state law on public requests for probable cause statements, according to the Kansas lawmaker who introduced the legislation.
- League of Women Voters joins federal suit on citizenship law Updated: Apr-07-16 3:35 pm
TOPEKA, Kansas - The League of Women Voters of Kansas has joined a federal class action lawsuit seeking to overturn a state law that requires voters to show proof of U.S. citizenship to register.
- Popularity of Ottawa photographer's pin-up art explodes Updated: Apr-02-16 12:24 pm
OTTAWA, Kansas - While seeking a foxhole in 2006-07 to keep from being another economic casualty of the Great Recession, photographer John Gladman stumbled across an explosive business idea.
- Expansion plans on hold for historic Lawrence hotel Updated: Apr-01-16 11:36 am
LAWRENCE, Kansas - Expansion plans are on hold for a historic Lawrence hotel that stands on the site of one destroyed in 1856 and again in 1863 by pro-slavery forces.
- Man dies in Lawrence house fire; blaze's cause unclear Updated: Mar-31-16 7:47 pm
LAWRENCE, Kansas - Authorities are trying to determine what sparked a house fire that killed a man.