- Woman charged for assault, robbery at Kansas lake Updated: Jul-29-15 7:34 am
LAWRENCE, Kansas - A 23-year-old woman has been charged in the robbery and beating of a man at Douglas State Fishing Lake.
- Kansas man accused of raping 2 children under 10 years old Updated: Jul-28-15 5:06 am
LAWRENCE, Kansas - A 39-year-old Kansas man has been charged with two counts of raping a child under 14 years old while they were in day care.
- University of Kansas appoints new state government liaison Updated: Jul-28-15 5:04 am
- Kansan stepping down as chief of federal appeals panel Updated: Jul-27-15 12:10 pm
TOPEKA, Kansas - A Lawrence resident has announced plans to step down as chief judge of the 10th Circuit Court of Appeals.
- Study: Many Kansas Turnpike accident hotspots near Lawrence Updated: Jul-27-15 8:35 am
WICHITA, Kansas - Six of the nine most accident-prone spots along the Kansas Turnpike are in the Lawrence area, according to a study compiled for the Kansas Turnpike Authority.
- Kansas students help woman appeal murder conviction Updated: Jul-26-15 12:50 pm
LAWRENCE, Kansas - University of Kansas law students helped a woman win an appeal of her conviction in the murder of a Topeka homeless advocate.
- Lawrence commissioner ribs Topeka over sewage releases Updated: Jul-22-15 5:24 pm
LAWRENCE, Kansas - A Lawrence city commissioner vented about leaving "flaming bags of poo" in Topeka after the city's third recent release of raw sewage.
- Mathematician says Kansas voting machines need to be audited Updated: Jul-20-15 3:34 pm
WICHITA, Kansas - A mathematician at Wichita State University who wanted to check the accuracy of some Kansas voting machines after finding odd patterns in election returns is finding out how difficult it can be to get government officials to turn over public documents.
- Kansas lottery, casino revenue hits record high Updated: Jul-15-15 6:07 pm
TOPEKA, Kansas - The Kansas Lottery is reporting a record high $155 million in lottery and casino gambling revenues during the fiscal year that just ended.
- Lawrence police investigating after body found near tracks Updated: Jul-13-15 7:21 pm
LAWRENCE, Kansas - Officials in Lawrence are investigating after a body was found along area railroad tracks.
- Investigation into University of Kansas still unresolved Updated: Jul-13-15 3:53 pm
LAWRENCE, Kansas - A federal investigation into the University of Kansas for its handling of a sexual assault complaint is still unresolved amid a national backlog of cases.
- Fundraising nearly complete for $70.5 million KU building Updated: Jul-13-15 8:59 am
LAWRENCE, Kansas - Fundraising is nearly complete for the most expensive privately funded academic building on the University of Kansas campus.
- University of Kansas to let freshmen choose tuition plan Updated: Jul-12-15 11:43 am
LAWRENCE, Kansas - The University of Kansas plans to let freshmen decide whether to lock in tuition costs over four years or to gamble that yearly rates won't increase dramatically.
- Kansas seeks to dismiss gay marriage tax lawsuit Updated: Jul-11-15 7:11 pm
TOPEKA, Kansas - The Kansas Department of Revenue has filed a motion to dismiss a lawsuit over the tax filing status of same-sex married couples, saying the issue is now moot, according to a lawyer in the case.
- 10-year-old boy wounded in a shooting inside Lawrence home Updated: Jul-11-15 1:20 pm
LAWRENCE, Kansas - Lawrence police say a 10-year-old boy has been wounded in what appears to be an accidental shooting.
- Kansas judge threatens to challenge judicial funding bill Updated: Jul-10-15 11:05 am
TOPEKA, Kansas - A Kansas district court judge says he is prepared to challenge the constitutionality of this year's judicial budget bill if his lawsuit against last year's budget bill is successful and lawmakers move to nullify all judicial branch funding.
- Kansas University reviewing sexual assault policy Updated: Jul-09-15 4:03 pm
LAWRENCE, Kansas - The chancellor of the University of Kansas says her administration plans to respond this fall to recommendations from a university sexual assault task force.
- Some Kansas same-sex couples already receiving benefits Updated: Jul-06-15 4:01 pm
LAWRENCE, Kansas - State employees who are married to someone of the same sex can't yet put their spouses on their health insurance policies, but local government workers in Lawrence have been doing it for years.
- Swiss billionaire donates $25,000 to Landon Nature Trail Updated: Jul-05-15 8:19 pm
LAWRENCE, Kansas - A Swiss billionaire has donated $25,000 to help complete a 38-mile Kansas nature trail.
- KU Hospital uses $12.5M grant to improve rural health care Updated: Jul-05-15 5:59 pm
LAWRENCE, Kansas - The University of Kansas Hospital is teaming up with 14 small hospitals and medical centers in the western part of the state to make improvements to rural health care.
- KU dorm's demolition separates McCollum brothers' portraits Updated: Jul-04-15 7:16 pm
LAWRENCE, Kansas - After almost 50 years together, the portraits of two brothers have been removed from a soon-to-be razed University of Kansas residence hall that bears the last name of the renowned scientists.
- Longtime on-campus family housing unit at Kansas closes Updated: Jul-03-15 2:37 pm
LAWRENCE, Kansas - Family housing on the University of Kansas campus came to an end after the last residents moved out of a longtime apartment complex.
- Lawrence police seek help in locating man, 38 Updated: Jul-02-15 5:25 pm
LAWRENCE, Kansas - Lawrence Police are asking for the public's help in finding a 38-year-old man reported missing last month.
- Kansas adds UNC transfer guard Jessica Washington Updated: Jun-30-15 9:30 pm
LAWRENCE, Kansas - Kansas has added North Carolina transfer guard Jessica Washington.
- Man dies in Lawrence garage fire Updated: Jun-29-15 3:26 pm
LAWRENCE, Kansas - A weekend fire at a Lawrence garage has killed a 52-year-old man.