- 2 new casinos near NYC could save, or destroy, Atlantic City Updated: May-26-16 10:35 am
ATLANTIC CITY, New Jersey - Two new casinos proposed for northern New Jersey near New York City could save, or destroy, Atlantic City, panelists at a major casino conference said Thursday.
- The Latest: Pros and cons of north Jersey casinos debated Updated: May-26-16 10:20 am
ATLANTIC CITY, New Jersey - The Latest on the debate over expanding casinos into northern New Jersey, near New York City (all times local):
- New Jersey considers smoking ban at public beaches, parks Updated: May-26-16 9:49 am
TRENTON, New Jersey - New Jersey residents would be barred from smoking on public beaches and in parks under legislation scheduled to get a vote in both houses of the Legislature.
- New Jersey lawmakers to vote on $15 minimum wage Updated: May-26-16 9:33 am
TRENTON, New Jersey - The New Jersey Assembly is scheduled to vote on legislation raising the state's minimum wage to $15 an hour over the next five years.
- Boat from 19th century found under New Jersey home Updated: May-26-16 8:40 am
HIGHLANDS, New Jersey - Workers raising a waterfront home in New Jersey have uncovered a 44-foot wooden boat from the 19th century.
- Prosecutors: 2 jail guards face charges in inmate's injuries Updated: May-26-16 8:14 am
TRENTON, New Jersey - Prosecutors say two jail guards in New Jersey are facing charges after an inmate had to be hospitalized with injuries.
- New Jersey theme park previews new roller coaster Updated: May-26-16 8:08 am
JACKSON, New Jersey - The Joker is no joke.
- 3 swimmers rescued from ocean at Jersey shore Updated: May-26-16 6:49 am
SEASIDE HEIGHTS, New Jersey - Three swimmers were rescued from the ocean by lifeguards preparing for the Memorial Day holiday weekend in Seaside Heights.
- Bruce Springsteen wears Penn State hat in Spain Updated: May-26-16 6:31 am
TRENTON, New Jersey - Bruce Springsteen is not showing his New Jersey colors.
- Linden police sergeant admits distributing marijuana Updated: May-26-16 5:57 am
ELIZABETH, New Jersey - A Linden police sergeant has pleaded guilty to distributing marijuana.
- Assets to stay frozen for man accused in $5.7M fraud scheme Updated: May-26-16 5:51 am
UPPER SADDLE RIVER, New Jersey - A federal judge in California has denied a New Jersey man's request to unfreeze his family's assets while a $5.7 million fraud case proceeds against him and his uncle.
- Ex-priest indicted on charges he sexually assaulted teen Updated: May-26-16 5:44 am
ELIZABETH, New Jersey - A former New Jersey priest who fled to Ecuador more than a decade ago after a teen boy accused him of sexual assault has been indicted.
- New Jersey lawmakers to vote on Atlantic City rescue bills Updated: May-26-16 2:34 am
TRENTON, New Jersey - New Jersey lawmakers are set to vote on an Atlantic City rescue package to keep the struggling resort town from running out of money.
- Christie says Atlantic City deal has authority he needs Updated: May-25-16 9:07 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - Gov. Chris Christie said Wednesday a deal to rescue Atlantic City that advanced in the Legislature this week contains the authority he would need to help the struggling resort town, but he stopped short of saying he would sign it.
- Phones fuel great growth potential for US Internet gambling Updated: May-25-16 8:56 pm
ATLANTIC CITY, New Jersey - Internet gambling has tremendous growth potential in the United States as ever-greater percentages of the public use smartphones, participants in a major gambling conference said Wednesday.
- Jets' Richardson: 'positive vibes' about possible suspension Updated: May-25-16 7:27 pm
FLORHAM PARK, New Jersey - Sheldon Richardson is preparing to play at the start of the season, even if the NFL might have other plans for him.
- 11 states could regulate daily fantasy sports by year's end Updated: May-25-16 6:08 pm
ATLANTIC CITY, New Jersey - As many as 11 states may adopt regulations permitting and regulating daily fantasy sports by the end of the year, according to an analyst who closely tracks the issue.
- Officials: 'Dirt brokers' dumped polluted soil across NJ Updated: May-25-16 6:08 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - New Jersey investigators say unlicensed brokers dumped polluted soil and other debris at sites across the states.
- Under bill, engineers can't operate trains if license pulled Updated: May-25-16 5:47 pm
NEWARK, New Jersey - A top state lawmaker said Wednesday he will push for a vote this week on legislation that would prevent engineers from operating trains if their driver's licenses are revoked or suspended for drunken driving violations.
- 46 arrested, $2M seized in multistate gambling operation Updated: May-25-16 5:23 pm
HACKENSACK, New Jersey - Authorities say they have seized $2 million in cash and arrested 46 people in New Jersey, New York and Florida on sports gambling and other charges.
- Smith steps back in for Jets with Fitzpatrick still unsigned Updated: May-25-16 4:50 pm
FLORHAM PARK, New Jersey - Geno Smith has never doubted himself or lacked confidence in his abilities.
- Battleship New Jersey wins grant for energy-efficient lights Updated: May-25-16 4:20 pm
CAMDEN, New Jersey - The World War II battleship New Jersey is about to get 2,500 new, energy-efficient light fixtures thanks to a $383,420 federal grant approved by state regulators.
- Prosecution rests in case of alleged synagogue firebomber Updated: May-25-16 3:17 pm
HACKENSACK, New Jersey - Prosecutors have rested their case against one of two northern New Jersey men charged with vandalizing and firebombing Jewish temples and a rabbi's home in Bergen County in 2012.
- Father charged after unlicensed teen crashes, flips van Updated: May-25-16 2:17 pm
BOONTON TOWNSHIP, New Jersey - Authorities say a 55-year-old man is facing charges after he let his 13-year-old child drive a van that crashed and overturned last week in northern New Jersey.
- Driver subdued after hitting 2 police vehicles in lot Updated: May-25-16 6:25 am
LINDEN, New Jersey - Authorities say a motorist hit two police vehicles in the Linden Police Department's parking lot before he tried to pepper spray a police officer.