- Lawyer: Seizing beach by Christie brother's home cuts access Updated: Feb-11-16 7:12 pm
POINT PLEASANT BEACH, New Jersey - A proposed dune project at the New Jersey shore could cut off access to the beach for 22 property owners, including the brother of Gov. Chris Christie, a lawyer for homeowners fighting the project said.
- Jury convicts man in 'portal to hell' stabbing attack Updated: Feb-11-16 6:11 pm
ELIZABETH, New Jersey - A Union County jury has convicted a man of attempted murder for stabbing two women who said he told them he was looking for "the portal to hell" in their backyard.
- Panel: NJ can save $2B by cutting pensioners' health costs Updated: Feb-11-16 6:05 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - New Jersey can save more than $2 billion annually by reducing health benefits for public pensioners, according to a new report released Thursday by a panel appointed by Gov. Chris Christie to look at the state's pension funding crisis.
- Feds: Leader of New Jersey gang Grape Street Crips indicted Updated: Feb-11-16 5:46 pm
NEWARK, New Jersey - The leader of one of New Jersey's most violent street gangs ordered murders of people thought to have cooperated with law enforcement and ran an operation that engaged in racketeering, extortion, robbery and drug trafficking, a federal indictment unsealed Thursday alleged.
- Rail bridge fixed, but delays persist for NJ Transit trains Updated: Feb-11-16 5:27 pm
NEWARK, New Jersey - Evening commuters on Amtrak and New Jersey Transit are facing delays after an earlier problem at the Portal Bridge in Hackensack.
- Large fire at industrial park closes part of Route 206 Updated: Feb-11-16 5:21 pm
HILLSBOROUGH, New Jersey - A large fire at an industrial park in central New Jersey has closed down a major roadway and sent clouds of black smoke billowing into the sky.
- New Jersey man gets prison sentence in New Mexico fraud case Updated: Feb-11-16 5:20 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - A New Jersey man has been sentenced to 18 months in federal prison in a New Mexico fraud case involving ATM skimming devices.
- Christie seeks federal relief for January snowstorm Updated: Feb-11-16 4:41 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - Gov. Chris Christie is asking the federal government for disaster assistance to help New Jersey pay for last month's winter storm.
- Uber agrees to pay fines after Newark threatens drivers Updated: Feb-11-16 4:37 pm
NEWARK, New Jersey - Uber said it will compensate any of its drivers who are fined or towed for violating a prohibition about operating around Newark Liberty International Airport and the city's train station.
- New Jersey Senate passes new Port Authority overhaul bill Updated: Feb-11-16 4:24 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - The New Jersey Senate has passed legislation to overhaul the bistate agency that controls the New York City region's airports, bridges and tunnels, though the measure differs from reforms passed in New York.
- Gas manufacturing company stays in New Jersey after tax cuts Updated: Feb-11-16 4:00 pm
BRIDGEWATER, New Jersey - A company that manufactures gases, including helium for Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade balloons, is moving its headquarters after getting tax credits to stay in New Jersey.
- New Jersey lawmakers ask why only $15M for flood protection Updated: Feb-11-16 2:29 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - New Jersey lawmakers on Thursday were left scratching their heads wondering why the state got only $15 million in federal flood protection funding.
- Giants hire former Lions general manager for front office Updated: Feb-11-16 12:11 pm
- Woman killed in crash in Ocean County Updated: Feb-11-16 9:23 am
SHIP BOTTOM, New Jersey - Officials say a woman died after she drove through a red light and her vehicle was hit by a pickup truck in Ocean County.
- Woman admits stealing thousands from comedian Joe Piscopo Updated: Feb-11-16 8:12 am
MORRISTOWN, New Jersey - A New Jersey woman has admitted stealing money from former "Saturday Night Live" cast member Joe Piscopo.
- Cops: 3rd man arrested in robbery, carjacking of taxi driver Updated: Feb-11-16 6:23 am
RIDGEWOOD, New Jersey - Police say a third man has been arrested on charges stemming from the kidnapping and robbery of a taxi driver last year in northern New Jersey.
- Flakes give way to freeze as Arctic air heads for New Jersey Updated: Feb-11-16 5:49 am
TRENTON, New Jersey - Snowflakes are giving way to the big freeze across New Jersey as Arctic air pushes into the state.
- $500M redesign proposed for central New Jersey mall Updated: Feb-11-16 5:38 am
EATONTOWN, New Jersey - New plans are calling for a $500 million makeover to a central New Jersey mall.
- Storm-battered cruise ship returns to New Jersey homeport Updated: Feb-11-16 2:28 am
BAYONNE, New Jersey - A cruise ship battered by a major storm in the Atlantic Ocean returned to its New Jersey port on Wednesday night.
- The Latest: Bush says he won't blame Obama for problems Updated: Feb-10-16 8:39 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - Here's the latest on the 2016 presidential race as Republican and Democratic candidates head from New Hampshire to South Carolina and beyond. All times local:
- Prosecutors: Elderly man's death ruled a homicide Updated: Feb-10-16 6:39 pm
EAST ORANGE, New Jersey - The death of a 90-year-old man found in his northern New Jersey apartment this week has been ruled a homicide.
- What Christie faces as he returns to New Jersey from trail Updated: Feb-10-16 6:28 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - Welcome back, Gov. Chris Christie.
- Beason retires, Schwartz and Beatty released by Giants Updated: Feb-10-16 6:11 pm
EAST RUTHERFORD, New Jersey - The New York Giants have started to restructure their roster for their first season under coach Ben McAdoo.
- Jumbled GOP field hopes for survival in South Carolina Updated: Feb-10-16 5:32 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - Hoping for survival in the South, a muddled field of Republican presidential contenders descended Wednesday on South Carolina, no closer to clarity about who can stand between Donald Trump and their party's nomination.
- Ex-NYC mayoral aide's son posts bail in stabbing death case Updated: Feb-10-16 4:47 pm
EDGEWATER, New Jersey - The son of a former aide to New York Mayor Bill de Blasio's wife has been freed on bail on charges he fatally stabbed a teenager in New Jersey.