- Ex-Domino's chief Brandon to take reins at Toys R Us Updated: Jun-02-15 1:48 pm
WAYNE, New Jersey - The chairman and CEO of Toys R Us is retiring and will be succeeded by an executive with experience in taking companies public.
- Judge rules for Port Authority in whistleblower case Updated: Jun-02-15 12:59 pm
NEWARK, New Jersey - The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey is not governed by state whistleblower protection laws, a New Jersey judge has ruled in the case of a former employee who claimed he was retaliated against after reporting misconduct.
- Man pleads guilty in hit-and-run death of elderly pedestrian Updated: Jun-02-15 12:48 pm
TOMS RIVER, New Jersey - A southern New Jersey man has pleaded guilty in the hit-and-run death of an 84-year-old pedestrian.
- New Jersey Devils hire John Hynes as new head coach Updated: Jun-02-15 12:22 pm
NEWARK, New Jersey - John Hynes has been hired as coach of the New Jersey Devils, becoming the youngest coach in the NHL at 40 years old.
- Paid sick leave most lobbied issue in New Jersey in 2014 Updated: Jun-02-15 12:08 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - A report finds that the battle over whether New Jersey should require businesses to offer workers paid sick leave was the most heavily lobbied in the state last year.
- State wins $6.34M default judgment against contractor Updated: Jun-02-15 11:58 am
NEWARK, New Jersey - New Jersey authorities have obtained a $6.34 million default judgment against a contractor and two home improvement companies he operated
- Man admits sexually abusing girls, recording it on cellphone Updated: Jun-02-15 10:56 am
NEWARK, New Jersey - Federal prosecutors say a northern New Jersey man has admitted sexually abusing two girls and recording the acts on his cellphone.
- Christie's response to Cub Scout could lead to disclosure Updated: Jun-02-15 10:01 am
TRENTON, New Jersey - Gov. Chris Christie's response to a Cub Scout's question could lead a judge to order the governor's office to release details about the cost of his security detail.
- Election Day brings sleepy primary season to a close Updated: Jun-02-15 9:23 am
TRENTON, New Jersey - A quiet primary season will wrap up as New Jersey voters head to the polls to pick Democratic and Republican candidates for November's Assembly election.
- Police: Man, 25, wanted in shooting of New Jersey teen Updated: Jun-02-15 6:49 am
PATERSON, New Jersey - Police are looking for a 25-year-old northern New Jersey man who they say shot a 17-year-old girl over the weekend.
- 3 beluga whales spotted in New Jersey shore rivers Updated: Jun-02-15 6:31 am
HIGHLANDS, New Jersey - Three juvenile beluga whales have surfaced in two rivers along the New Jersey shore.
- Police find remains of missing former track star in Hudson Updated: Jun-02-15 6:08 am
TEANECK, New Jersey - Police have found the body of a missing former University of Pennsylvania track star in the Hudson River.
- Most New Jersey teachers rated 'effective' under new system Updated: Jun-01-15 6:44 pm
About 75 percent of New Jersey teachers are rated as "effective" under a new system that attempts to be more specific about their strengths and weaknesses.
- Panel OKs tightening domestic violence offenders' gun access Updated: Jun-01-15 6:11 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - New Jersey might be tightening domestic violence offenders' access to guns.
- Newark launching municipal identification card program Updated: Jun-01-15 5:45 pm
NEWARK, New Jersey - Newark has established a municipal identification card program for most city residents, including those who are living in the country illegally.
- New Jersey trial on gay conversion therapy set to begin Updated: Jun-01-15 4:34 pm
NEWARK, New Jersey - Jurors are expected to hear testimony this week in a lawsuit that claims a nonprofit violated state consumer fraud laws when it offered treatment it said would turn gays into heterosexuals by, among other methods, having them spend more time naked with their fathers.
- Giants punter unhurt in hydroplaning crash on NJ Turnpike Updated: Jun-01-15 4:31 pm
- Garces will oversee food, drinks at Atlantic City pier Updated: Jun-01-15 3:30 pm
ATLANTIC CITY, New Jersey - Developer Bart Blatstein has chosen managers for the food and musical offerings at The Playground, the oceanfront Atlantic City pier he is redeveloping.
- Transformer blast sparks fire, evacuations in New Brunswick Updated: Jun-01-15 3:25 pm
NEW BRUNSWICK, New Jersey - An explosion in an underground transformer sparked a fire that sent flames and thick black smoke spewing out of a sidewalk near New Brunswick's Civic Square.
- Funeral set for Thursday for state trooper killed in crash Updated: Jun-01-15 2:34 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - Funeral plans for a New Jersey state trooper killed when his cruiser struck a deer have been finalized.
- Man charged after he allegedly hits girlfriend with lamp Updated: Jun-01-15 2:16 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - Authorities say a Trenton man struck his girlfriend with a lamp as they argued about a cell phone.
- New Jersey bill would let voters decide on 3 casinos by NYC Updated: Jun-01-15 2:11 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - Atlantic City's monopoly on casino gambling in the state, enshrined in law and fiercely protected by politicians for nearly 40 years, began to crumble Monday as lawmakers introduced a bill that would let voters decide whether to allow three new casinos in northern New Jersey, just outside New York City.
- Domestic dispute ends with man dead, girlfriend charged Updated: Jun-01-15 1:32 pm
NEWARK, New Jersey - Authorities say a domestic dispute turned deadly in New Jersey's largest city.
- EPA, developer reach deal over stormwater discharges Updated: Jun-01-15 12:04 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - Federal environmental officials have settled claims with a New Jersey homebuilder owned by the family of the Minnesota Vikings' owner that the firm failed to control stormwater discharges, possibly polluting rivers in the state.
- Heavy rain caused flooding in parts of New Jersey Updated: Jun-01-15 7:02 am
TRENTON, New Jersey - New Jersey is facing flash flood threats from a line of severe storms.