- Truck fire shuts down parts of New Jersey Turnpike Updated: Aug-04-15 3:20 pm
LINDEN, New Jersey - Traffic on one of the nation's major toll roads could be backed up until evening rush after a dump truck struck an overpass Tuesday morning, causing a fire and a miles-long standstill.
- Man accused of killing 4 to punish US pleads not guilty Updated: Aug-04-15 3:13 pm
NEWARK, New Jersey - A Muslim man accused of killing four people in two states in a fit of rage over the U.S. government's role in the Middle East pleaded not guilty Tuesday to murder and terrorism charges in one of the deaths - the shooting of a New Jersey college student at a traffic light.
- State's top court OKs casino search that yielded gun in room Updated: Aug-04-15 2:47 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - An Atlantic City police officer was justified in searching a casino hotel room without a warrant, finding a gun he thought might have been used in an armed robbery, the state Supreme Court ruled Tuesday.
- 911 recording: Man says he swerved before trooper fired Updated: Aug-04-15 2:35 pm
SPARTA, New Jersey - A teenage driver reported swerving to avoid an off-duty state trooper standing in the street before the man opened fire, while the trooper's wife said the driver tried to hit her husband, according to 911 calls made after the encounter last month.
- Firefighters battling major blaze at apartment complex Updated: Aug-04-15 2:32 pm
OCEAN TOWNSHIP, New Jersey - Dozens of firefighters are battling a blaze at a central New Jersey apartment complex.
- Former Seton Hall chaplain given new post in Newark parish Updated: Aug-04-15 1:11 pm
SOUTH ORANGE, New Jersey - A former Seton Hall University chaplain who says he was fired for supporting an anti-gay-bullying organization has been given a new position in the Archdiocese of Newark.
- 2 years out, the race for next governor coming into view Updated: Aug-04-15 12:42 pm
Gov. Chris Christie is not the only New Jersey politician thinking about his next job.
- Bellmawr man is state's first confirmed West Nile virus case Updated: Aug-04-15 12:40 pm
BELLMAWR, New Jersey - Health officials have confirmed New Jersey's first case of West Nile virus this year.
- Bridge commission planning 1st toll hikes in 15 years Updated: Aug-04-15 12:22 pm
PALMYRA, New Jersey - Tolls could rise soon for drivers crossing two bridges connecting southern New Jersey and Pennsylvania.
- Prosecutors: Grand jury clears officers in fatal shooting Updated: Aug-04-15 11:58 am
WINSLOW, New Jersey - A grand jury has cleared six police officers of any wrongdoing in the fatal shooting of a southern New Jersey man last summer.
- Guadagno signs bill expanding driver's license exam Updated: Aug-04-15 11:56 am
TRENTON, New Jersey - Applicants for a New Jersey driver's license must answer whether they're aware of the dangers of failing to follow traffic laws under a law signed by Acting Gov. Kim Guadagno.
- Search on for shooter outside Big Sean, J. Cole concert Updated: Aug-04-15 11:38 am
HOLMDEL, New Jersey - State police on Tuesday were looking for a suspect and witnesses to a shooting that left two people wounded outside a hip-hop concert in New Jersey.
- Indictment: 2 municipal workers filed false timesheets Updated: Aug-04-15 10:49 am
NORTH BERGEN, New Jersey - Two municipal workers in a northern New Jersey town have been indicted on official misconduct charges for allegedly submitting false timesheets.
- Zoetis reports 2Q loss Updated: Aug-04-15 7:55 am
FLORHAM PARK, New Jersey - Zoetis Inc. (ZTS) on Tuesday reported a second-quarter loss of $37 million, after reporting a profit in the same period a year earlier.
- Affordable Care Act insurers propose premium hikes for 2016 Updated: Aug-04-15 6:16 am
TRENTON, New Jersey - Three health care companies that sold insurance to New Jersey residents through the Affordable Care Act this year are asking the state to approve double-digit price hikes for 2016.
- Jersey City man convicted in cop shooting to be re-sentenced Updated: Aug-04-15 5:25 am
WILLINGBORO, New Jersey - An appeals court has upheld the convictions of a Jersey City man implicated in the shooting of a Willingboro police officer during a 2004 burglary, but ordered the defendant re-sentenced.
- Monmouth County gun buyback nets 428 firearms to authorities Updated: Aug-04-15 5:20 am
FREEHOLD, New Jersey - Officials say Monmouth County's gun buyback program yielded 428 guns to authorities after a two-day effort to reduce the number of weapons on the street with no questions asked.
- Man gets prison sentence for fabricating carjacking story Updated: Aug-03-15 7:11 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - A man who fabricated a story about being carjacked is heading to prison.
- Mission Brief and Pinkman favored in Hambletonian elims Updated: Aug-03-15 5:57 pm
EAST RUTHERFORD, New Jersey - The $1.2 million Hambletonian at the Meadowlands this weekend is going to feature last year's top colt and filly trotters.
- Bobbi Kristina Brown buried next to her mother Updated: Aug-03-15 5:52 pm
WESTFIELD, New Jersey - Family and friends gathered at a cemetery Monday to pay their final respects to Bobbi Kristina Brown as she was buried next to her mother, singer Whitney Houston.
- Giants GM Reese speaks with injured DE Pierre-Paul Updated: Aug-03-15 5:10 pm
EAST RUTHERFORD, New Jersey - The New York Giants finally have spoken with defensive end Jason Pierre-Paul about his injuries.
- Therapist denies claims she sexually assaulted teen patient Updated: Aug-03-15 4:21 pm
PATERSON, New Jersey - A mental health therapist has pleaded not guilty to charges that she engaged in sexual activity with a 17-year-old boy she was counseling.
- National group approves merger of Rutgers' 2 law schools Updated: Aug-03-15 4:05 pm
NEWARK, New Jersey - The American Bar Association has approved Rutgers University's plan to merge its two law schools into one entity with two campuses.
- Jackson challenging for safety spot with Giants Updated: Aug-03-15 3:06 pm
EAST RUTHERFORD, New Jersey - Bennett Jackson remembers the day last August when he received a text message that changed his life.
- Authorities: Family dispute sparks violent knife fight Updated: Aug-03-15 2:47 pm
NEW BRUNSWICK, New Jersey - Authorities say an ongoing family dispute apparently sparked a knife fight that left three people injured.