- Tampa company could be a model for real estate investors Updated: May-30-16 3:02 am
TAMPA, Florida - Two years ago, a new Tampa company called RE-710 declared bankruptcy to halt foreclosure of nearly 50 homes it was renting out for thousands of dollars.
- To ease homeless issue, St. Petersburg mulls tiny homes Updated: May-29-16 3:01 am
ST. PETERSBURG, Florida - Could tiny houses help alleviate St. Petersburg's intractable homeless problem?
- Asleep in class? Bedbugs might get you at college in Tampa Updated: May-27-16 1:46 pm
TAMPA, Florida - The University of South Florida is dealing with an infestation of bedbugs.
- St. Petersburg Yacht Club hopes to race to Cuba in 2017 Updated: May-27-16 4:16 am
ST. PETERSBURG, Florida - With relations between the U.S. and Cuba improving, the St. Petersburg Yacht Club is working toward relaunching a race to Havana.
- Florida doctor sentenced to 25 years in 3 pill mill deaths Updated: May-24-16 7:42 am
PINELLAS PARK, Florida - A federal judge in Tampa has sentenced a 76-year-old doctor to 25 years in prison for the deaths of three patients who were prescribed pain medications at his clinic.
- Rays' Kiermaier expected to miss 8-10 weeks with broken hand Updated: May-23-16 5:37 pm
MIAMI - Tampa Bay Rays outfielder Kevin Kiermaier is expected to be sidelined eight to 10 weeks with a broken left hand, and he'll undergo surgery Tuesday in St. Petersburg to repair two fractures, the team said.
- Times outdoors editor Terry Tomalin dies after heart attack Updated: May-19-16 8:38 pm
ST. PETERSBURG, Florida - The Tampa Bay Times' popular outdoors editor Terry Tomalin has died after suffering a heart attack. He was 55.
- Raymond James fined $17M for anti-money laundering lapses Updated: May-18-16 2:09 pm
WASHINGTON - Industry regulators have fined Raymond James $17 million, accusing the financial services firm of widespread failures in its controls against money laundering.
- Bail bondsman helps police catch teenage kidnapping suspects Updated: May-17-16 10:54 am
TAMPA, Florida - A Florida bail bondsman was in the right place to help stop three teenagers accused of kidnapping a man from the parking garage of a Tampa condominium complex.
- Ex-Air Force officer convicted of robbing real estate agents Updated: May-13-16 10:28 am
ST. PETERSBURG, Florida - A former Air Force major with no previous criminal history is facing up to 20 years in prison after being convicted of robbing two real estate agents at gunpoint.
- Former broker who had affair with client challenges firing Updated: May-10-16 1:30 pm
ST. PETERSBURG, Florida - Roy Speer, the co-founder of Home Shopping Network, was a Florida billionaire once listed on the Forbes 400 list of richest Americans.
- 1 year and a day in prison for threatening Florida mosques Updated: May-09-16 5:44 pm
TAMPA, Florida - Authorities say a Florida man accused of threatening to firebomb two mosques last fall has been sentenced to a year and a day in federal prison.
- Sheriff: Man dead after deputies were threatened with AR-15 Updated: May-07-16 4:49 pm
ST. PETERSBURG, Florida - A handful of protesters gathered Saturday at the site of a fatal shooting in St. Petersburg in which authorities say a sheriff's deputy fired after being threatened by a man with an assault weapon.
- Tampa brewery creates signature beers for rock bands Updated: May-07-16 3:01 am
ST. PETERSBURG, Florida - One afternoon last August, on a day off from touring with their band Rebelution, drummer Wesley Finley and keyboardist Rory Carey stopped by Tampa's Cigar City Brewing for some drinks.
- Tampa Bay Times' paper buy latest in grim news landscape Updated: May-06-16 9:52 am
ST. PETERSBURG, Florida - If a metro area with 2.7 million people can't sustain two newspapers - especially with an aging population with the time and inclination to read a printed paper - can anywhere?
- St. Pete delays simply ticketing pot possession violators Updated: May-05-16 1:44 pm
ST. PETERSBURG, Florida - The St. Petersburg City Council has a delayed a vote on decriminalizing small amounts of marijuana until a diversion program is created.
- Tampa Bay Times buys Tampa Tribune, ends decades-old rivalry Updated: May-03-16 8:45 pm
ST. PETERSBURG, Florida - Florida's largest newspaper, The Tampa Bay Times, said Tuesday it has purchased its main competitor, the Tampa Tribune, ending a decades-long newspaper rivalry.
- Correction: Fleeing Car-Pond Deaths story Updated: May-03-16 5:45 pm
ST. PETERSBURG, Florida - In a story April 28 story about activists seeking a probe into the drownings of three Florida teens, The Associated Press reported erroneously that several groups were involved in organizing a news conference. The story also left out the main organizing group, the International People's Democratic Uhuru Movement. Black Lives Matter and the NAACP told The Tampa Bay Times that they were not involved in the news conference.
- Ex-Florida Gov. Crist's run for Congress gets a bit easier Updated: May-03-16 2:46 pm
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - Former Republican Gov. Charlie Crist's run for Congress as a Democrat is a little easier now that his primary opponent has dropped out of the race.
- Florida woman wages 11-year battle to build carport Updated: May-03-16 7:36 am
ST. PETERSBURG, Florida - Don't tell Pamella Settlegood you can't fight city hall. She's been waging a battle to build a carport outside her St. Petersburg home for the past 11 years.
- Police: Well-known Florida couple die in murder-suicide Updated: May-01-16 10:28 am
ST. PETERSBURG, Florida - Police say a well-known St. Petersburg couple has died in their home in a murder-suicide.
- Police: Well-known St. Pete couple die in murder-suicide Updated: May-01-16 10:02 am
ST. PETERSBURG, Florida - Police say a well-known St. Petersburg couple whose bodies were found in their home died in a murder-suicide.