- Miguel Sano's 3 RBIs leads Minnesota past Seattle 6-5 Updated: May-29-16 2:58 am
SEATTLE - Considering all the troubles of the first two months, the Minnesota Twins could laugh and crack some smiles after the wacky and unlikely double play to close out their third straight win.
- Seattle gets caught in wacky finish of 6-5 loss to Minnesota Updated: May-29-16 2:56 am
SEATTLE - Kyle Seager's attempt at being aggressive and putting himself in position to be the winning run turned into a complete failure for the Seattle Mariners - and one of the more unlikely game-ending double plays.
- Prosecutors drop charges in teen kidnapping case Updated: May-28-16 2:22 pm
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - Prosecutors in St. Paul have decided to drop kidnapping and sexual assault charges against an ex-convict accused of chaining up a teen in his basement after the alleged victim became reluctant to continue the case.
- Anti-Islam speech draws protesters Updated: May-28-16 2:07 pm
ST. CLOUD, Minnesota - Scores of protesters stood in the rain outside a St. Cloud church to denounce a speech by a critic of Islam.
- Man charged with recording in women's police locker room Updated: May-28-16 12:01 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - A Wisconsin man has been charged with secretly recording video in a woman's locker room in a Duluth law enforcement building.
- Man throws hot coffee during Salvation Army line argument Updated: May-28-16 10:40 am
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - Police say they arrested a 61-year-old man after he threw scalding hot coffee on another man during an argument at the St. Paul Salvation Army.
- Authorities identify man killed in police raid. Updated: May-28-16 10:29 am
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - Authorities have identified a St. Paul man police shot and killed during a raid last week.
- Lynx build big lead early, hold off Fever 74-71 Updated: May-27-16 10:40 pm
- Twins manager Molitor says coach's well-being matters most Updated: May-27-16 9:11 pm
SEATTLE - Minnesota Twins manager Paul Molitor said his primary concern was for the well-being of pitching coach Neil Allen, who was suspended by the team following his arrest on suspicion of drunken driving.
- Red River diversion backers, opponents disagree over permits Updated: May-27-16 6:01 pm
FARGO, North Dakota - The decision by a Minnesota watershed district to back out of an agreement for a Red River diversion project around the Fargo area has raised questions about permits for the planned $2.1 billion channel.
- AP Exclusive: Bridge collapse survivor linked to IS in Syria Updated: May-27-16 5:56 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - Mohamed Roble was weeks shy of his 11th birthday when the school bus he was on plummeted more than 30 feet as the bridge beneath gave way.
- Testimony done in trial of 3 men accused in IS plot Updated: May-27-16 5:38 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - Testimony has concluded in the trial of three Minnesota men accused of plotting to travel to Syria to join the Islamic State group.
- Minneapolis approves mandatory paid sick leave ordinance Updated: May-27-16 4:15 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - Thousands of people who work in Minneapolis will gain eligibility for paid sick time starting next summer under an ordinance approved Friday.
- Gull Lake Rec Area reopens 10 months after 2015 storm Updated: May-27-16 10:58 am
BEMIDJI, Minnesota - The Gull Lake Dam and Recreation Area in northern Minnesota is reopening to the public for the first time since it was damaged in a summer storm that swept the Brainerd Lakes area 10 months ago.
- Correction: Earns-Evine Live story Updated: May-27-16 10:49 am
MINNEAPOLIS - In a story May 25 about Evine Live Inc.'s earnings - generated by Automated Insights using data from Zacks Investment Research - The Associated Press reported erroneously that results missed expectations. Adjusted net loss beat expectations, according to a Zacks survey.
- Experts: Drug in Minnesota investigation is rising problem Updated: May-27-16 8:36 am
MINNEAPOLIS - Experts say the sedatives reportedly sold and abused by University of Minnesota wrestlers aren't getting as much attention as opioids, but they are a fast-rising cause of overdoses and deaths.
- Minnesota eagle, a symbol for wounded vets, dies at age 35 Updated: May-26-16 10:21 pm
WABASHA, Minnesota - A Minnesota eagle that gained fame in national TV appearances and as a symbol for wounded veterans has died at the ripe old age of 35, the National Eagle Center announced Thursday.
- St. Paul police: Man dead after being shot by police Updated: May-26-16 8:20 pm
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - St. Paul police say a man is dead after being shot by police.
- Gophers pitching coach Todd Oakes dies after leukemia battle Updated: May-26-16 6:39 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - Minnesota pitching coach Todd Oakes died Thursday after a four-year battle with leukemia. He was 55.
- Fate of automatic tobacco tax hike in Dayton's hands Updated: May-26-16 6:29 pm
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - Cigarette smokers in Minnesota would catch a break if Gov. Mark Dayton signs into law a tax package that includes a provision rolling back automatic hikes in the state's tobacco tax.
- Audit calls for formal deer management plan in Minnesota Updated: May-26-16 6:07 pm
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - The Minnesota Department of Natural Resources should develop a formal deer management plan that includes strategies to improve and maintain hunting and wildlife viewing opportunities, the state's legislative auditor said in a report Thursday.
- Wild's Parise rehabbing back injury without surgery Updated: May-26-16 6:01 pm
EDINA, Minnesota - Minnesota Wild left wing Zach Parise has been rehabilitating his back injury without surgery, putting him on track to be at full strength by September.
- St. Paul archdiocese plan offers over $65M to creditors Updated: May-26-16 5:33 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - The Archdiocese of St. Paul and Minneapolis on Thursday filed a bankruptcy reorganization plan that would set up a trust fund of more than $65 million to compensate some 440 clergy abuse victims plus other creditors, with just over half of that amount coming from insurance.
- Michigan beats Big Ten top-seeded Gophers 3-2 on wild pitch Updated: May-26-16 5:21 pm
OMAHA, Nebraska - Jonathan Engelmann scored the go-ahead run on a wild pitch with two out in the eighth inning, and Michigan defeated Minnesota 3-2 on Thursday hours after Gophers pitching coach Todd Oakes died following a four-year battle with leukemia.
- Bees, butterflies to get better habitat along Interstate 35 Updated: May-26-16 2:58 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - Soon, passengers zipping along Interstate 35 will see a lusher refuge and more food for bees and butterflies in the hopes of helping the insects boost their declining populations, six states and the Federal Highway Administration announced Thursday.