- Amtrak: 2nd daily St. Paul-to-Chicago train could be popular Updated: Jul-04-15 4:38 pm
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - Adding a second round-trip train between St. Paul and Chicago could prove to be popular, a new Amtrak study says.
- Canadian wildfires causing unhealthy air in Minnesota Updated: Jul-04-15 3:34 pm
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - The thick haze caused by smoke from more than 100 Canadian wildfires is causing unhealthy air quality conditions across a large part of Minnesota.
- Minnesota teen dies in rollover crash on I-94 in Wisconsin Updated: Jul-04-15 2:37 pm
EAU CLAIRE, Wisconsin - A Minnesota teenager has died in a rollover accident on Interstate 94 near Eau Claire, Wisconsin.
- Radiation errors investigated at St. Cloud cancer center Updated: Jul-04-15 11:47 am
ST. CLOUD, Minnesota - An internal investigation has found that some patients at the CentraCare Health Coborn Cancer Center received improper doses of radiation, leading to discipline and firings of some employees.
- Got an idea for a TV sitcom? Contest might be for you Updated: Jul-04-15 5:04 am
MINNEAPOLIS - A television comedy veteran who lives in Minnesota is giving aspiring writers a chance to break into the business.
- Moore, Minnesota Lynx dominate second half, beat Storm 82-57 Updated: Jul-03-15 10:41 pm
- Minnesota burn survivor leaves hospital after 264 days Updated: Jul-03-15 9:40 pm
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - A Minnesota man who survived being badly burned in a lawnmower explosion was discharged Friday after 264 days in the hospital, but not before his caregivers gathered to say farewell to one of their favorite patients.
- Annual mayfly hatch causes mess in Hastings Updated: Jul-03-15 6:04 pm
HASTINGS, Minnesota - The annual mayfly hatch is causing its annual mess in the Mississippi River city of Hastings.
- Fire forces closure of Southdale mall H&M store Updated: Jul-03-15 5:44 pm
EDINA, Minnesota - The H&M clothing store at the Southdale mall in Edina has been closed after a fire that police call suspicious.
- 2016 Ryder Cup pitch comes up short with Minnesota officials Updated: Jul-03-15 4:58 pm
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - The 2016 Ryder Cup was awarded to the Hazeltine National Golf Club near Minneapolis years ago, however its promoters quietly recently tried to wedge money into Minnesota's new state budget for logistical assistance and sponsorships of the event.
- East Ridge forfeits football titles over ineligible player Updated: Jul-03-15 12:41 pm
WOODBURY, Minnesota - East Ridge High School in Woodbury will forfeit the conference and section football titles it won over the past two seasons because one of its players was ineligible.
- Minnesota officials warn of toxic algae after child sickened Updated: Jul-03-15 6:19 am
ALEXANDRIA, Minnesota - Minnesota health officials are warning of the dangers of toxic blue-green algae after they say a child was taken to a hospital after swimming in a central Minnesota lake that had the bacteria.
- Keillor returns to Macalester for 41st anniversary show Updated: Jul-03-15 5:08 am
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - Garrison Keillor celebrates the 41st anniversary of "A Prairie Home Companion" with a live Fourth of July broadcast from Macalester College in St. Paul.
- Authorities: Wife, husband killed in motorcycle crash Updated: Jul-03-15 4:49 am
DAHLGREN TOWNSHIP, Minnesota - Authorities say a wife and husband have died in an accident after they were thrown from the motorcycle they were riding in Carver County.
- AL Central-leading Royals fall to second-place Twins, 2-0 Updated: Jul-03-15 12:00 am
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - The Royals had just lost their fourth straight, getting shut out for the second time, and manager Ned Yost was hardly thinking about their impotent offense Thursday night.
- Timberwolves to host open scrimmage on July 8 Updated: Jul-02-15 9:00 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - The Minnesota Timberwolves will host an open scrimmage at Target Center next week.
- 8 arrested for Louis Vuitton theft after freeway chase Updated: Jul-02-15 8:53 pm
EDINA, Minnesota - Eight Chicago-area men accused of lifting $20,000 in merchandise from a Louis Vuitton store in Minnesota are now charged following an interstate chase.
- Woman arrested in boyfriend's stabbing death in St. Paul Updated: Jul-02-15 6:55 pm
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - St. Paul police have arrested a 34-year-old woman in the stabbing death of her boyfriend.
- Environmental group wants EPA to strip authority from MPCA Updated: Jul-02-15 6:07 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - An environmental group petitioned federal regulators Thursday to strip the Minnesota Pollution Control Agency of its delegated authority to regulate water pollution from mining.
- Obama draws sharp contrasts with 'mean' Republicans Updated: Jul-02-15 5:39 pm
LA CROSSE, Wisconsin - Wading into presidential politics, President Barack Obama on Thursday promoted his brand of middle-class economics by drawing sharp contrasts with "mean" Republicans in a state whose GOP governor was preparing to enter the vast 2016 presidential field.
- Excerpts from recent Minnesota editorials Updated: Jul-02-15 4:55 pm
Star Tribune, July 1
- Man fatally shot at Coon Rapids bar Updated: Jul-02-15 4:08 pm
COON RAPIDS, Minnesota - Police say a poker game led to an altercation in the parking lot of a Coon Rapids bar that ended with a fatal shooting.
- 2 separate salmonella outbreaks sicken 7 people in Minnesota Updated: Jul-02-15 3:18 pm
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - Several recent cases of salmonella in Minnesota have been linked to stuffed chicken entrees that look cooked but are actually raw, officials said Thursday.
- Federal government to step up bird flu monitoring this fall Updated: Jul-02-15 2:28 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - The federal government announced plans Thursday to step up monitoring wild birds for avian influenza this fall to provide an early warning of any resurgence of a disease that devastated poultry farms in the Upper Midwest.
- Sanders returns to Minnesota with liberal rallying cry Updated: Jul-02-15 1:58 pm
ROCHESTER, Minnesota - Democratic presidential hopeful Bernie Sanders rallied supporters Thursday with a call to band together in order to fix a "rigged economy."