- Couple found dead in Lac qui Parle County murder-suicide Updated: Jul-30-15 8:31 pm
MADISON, Minnesota - Authorities are treating the shooting deaths of a husband and wife at a home in Lac qui Parle (LAK'-ah PAR'-el) County as a murder-suicide.
- MLS attendance on rise with big-name international players Updated: Jul-30-15 7:32 pm
DENVER - Kaka and David Villa are raising the profile of Major League Soccer. Clint Dempsey and the U.S. national teams have done their part, too.
- Details about the lion hunt that caused outrage across globe Updated: Jul-30-15 6:38 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - The U.S Fish & Wildlife Service said Thursday it's trying to reach the Minnesota dentist who killed a protected lion while on a guided hunt in Zimbabwe. The agency asked Walter Palmer to "contact us immediately."
- Price hike adds to sticker shock for medical marijuana Updated: Jul-30-15 6:30 pm
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - One of Minnesota's medical marijuana manufacturers has raised its prices substantially after less than a month in business, adding to a cost that many patients are already struggling to cover.
- Meeting in federal case on sex offender lockup ruled private Updated: Jul-30-15 5:18 pm
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - When Gov. Mark Dayton, top legislators and other public officials head into a federal courthouse next month to discuss Minnesota's embattled sex offender program, the assembly will be closed to the public.
- Brady lawsuit transferred from Minnesota to New York court Updated: Jul-30-15 5:03 pm
NEW YORK - Tom Brady's lawsuit against the NFL in which he wants his four-game suspension overturned will be heard in New York instead of Minnesota.
- The Latest: US agents trying to reach man who killed lion Updated: Jul-30-15 4:50 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - The latest on the controversy surrounding a Minnesota big-game hunter and his guides in Zimbabwe who killed a protected lion (all times are Central):
- Judge won't extend deadline for Minnesota archdiocese claims Updated: Jul-30-15 4:47 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - A federal bankruptcy judge declined Thursday to extend next week's deadline for victims of clergy sex abuse to file claims against the Archdiocese of St. Paul and Minneapolis.
- New state budget comes with higher costs for MinnesotaCare Updated: Jul-30-15 3:34 pm
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - Minnesota lawmakers kept MinnesotaCare intact but not without a cost that will trickle down to some of the more than 100,000 low-income residents on the program in the form of higher monthly premiums starting in August.
- Zimbabwean baffled by foreign concern for killed lion Updated: Jul-30-15 1:59 pm
HARARE, Zimbabwe - While the death of a protected lion in Zimbabwe has caused outrage in the United States - much of it centered on the Minnesota dentist who killed the animal - most in Zimbabwe expressed a degree of bafflement over the concern.
- Standardized test scores show little change in Minnesota Updated: Jul-30-15 12:38 pm
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - New standardized test scores show Minnesota students made no overall improvement in math, reading or science this year and made little progress in closing achievement gaps between white and minority students.
- Eden Prairie police investigate baby's death Updated: Jul-30-15 12:30 pm
EDEN PRAIRIE, Minnesota - Police in Eden Prairie say they're investigating the suspicious death of a newborn.
- United Taconite workers could be off the job 6 months Updated: Jul-30-15 7:10 am
EVELETH, Minnesota - More than 400 United Taconite employees on Minnesota's Iron Range are expected to be off the job for up to six months.
- Oakdale man found incompetent for trial in boy's death Updated: Jul-30-15 4:55 am
STILLWATER, Minnesota - A 36-year-old Oakdale man accused of killing a 9-year-old boy in a random shooting has been found incompetent to stand trial.
- Authorities name 1 of 2 men killed in Minneapolis shooting Updated: Jul-30-15 4:52 am
MINNEAPOLIS - Authorities have released the name of one of two men who were fatally shot Saturday night in south Minneapolis.
- Players who need to finally show their worth in 2015 Updated: Jul-30-15 2:57 am
Alshon Jeffery proved himself last year as a prime target in Chicago. Everson Griffen showed his stuff as a sackmaster in Minnesota.
- Agent: Timberwolves agree to terms with Andre Miller Updated: Jul-29-15 11:48 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - The Professor will be holding office hours in Minnesota next season.
- Moore, Lynx spoil Candace Parker's season debut Updated: Jul-29-15 11:44 pm
- Minnesota dentist rarely discussed hunting with patients Updated: Jul-29-15 10:25 pm
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - A Minnesota dentist who has become the target of worldwide outrage for hunting and killing a protected lion in Zimbabwe advised patients Wednesday to seek care elsewhere and said he rarely discussed his big-game hunting because it can be a "divisive and emotionally charged topic."
- Pittsburgh beats Minnesota 10-4 Updated: Jul-29-15 6:34 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - A failure to execute in a number of areas means the Minnesota Twins second-half swoon continues.
- The Latest: Brady and players' union file lawsuit again NFL Updated: Jul-29-15 6:31 pm
FOXBOROUGH, Massachusetts - Here is the latest surrounding the suspension of star Patriots quarterback Tom Brady for using underinflated footballs (all times local):
- McCutchen, Liriano lead Pirates sweep of Twins with 10-4 win Updated: Jul-29-15 6:20 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - The Pittsburgh Pirates have the best record in the majors since mid-May.
- Dayton starts special session legwork for Mille Lacs Lake Updated: Jul-29-15 5:44 pm
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - Gov. Mark Dayton started laying the groundwork Wednesday to call a potential special session to provide emergency relief to a Mille Lacs Lake area bracing for an abrupt end to its walleye fishing season - perhaps as soon as the end of next week, Dayton said.
- Adrian Peterson back in pads and moving forward with Vikings Updated: Jul-29-15 5:21 pm
MANKATO, Minnesota - Adrian Peterson burst through the line of scrimmage and veered toward the sideline as he headed up the field.
- Tyus Jones to throw out 1st pitch at Twins game again Updated: Jul-29-15 3:05 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - Two ceremonial first pitches at Target Field in one season. Tyus Jones has become quite the Minnesota celebrity.