- Lake Tahoe ski resort bans sale of bottled water Updated: Feb-05-16 12:25 pm
OLYMPIC VALLEY, California - A Lake Tahoe ski resort is banning the sale of single-use plastic water bottles in hopes of reducing waste.
- Record snow in parts of Nevada; high winds, cold in Vegas Updated: Feb-01-16 8:09 pm
RENO, Nevada - High wind advisories remained in effect across much of east-central Nevada Monday with gusts up to 50 mph but sunny skies began to melt off about a foot of record-breaking snow in other areas, and the Truckee River flowed through downtown Reno at its highest level in more than three years.
- Powerful winds persist as winter storm lashes California Updated: Feb-01-16 6:32 pm
LOS ANGELES - Powerful winds lashed Southern California on Monday at the tail end of a winter storm that also brought heavy rain and mountain snow.
- Danger zone: Close call with avalanche a scary lesson Updated: Jan-08-16 8:43 am
RENO, Nevada - There are a lot of reasons Jason Layh shouldn't have been caught in a Sierra Nevada avalanche late last year.
- Homewood eyes 2017 for ski resort redevelopment Updated: Jan-08-16 2:02 am
HOMEWOOD, California - After being delayed for years due to litigation, construction of the much-fought over Homewood Mountain Resort redevelopment will most likely get under way in 2017 on Lake Tahoe's West Shore.