- Thousands of absent students on day of Broncos parade Updated: Feb-11-16 11:59 pm
DENVER - More than a quarter of students enrolled at Denver and Jeffco schools were reported to have missed classes when the city celebrated the Denver Broncos' Super Bowl parade.
- Western Illinois grabs lead late, tops Denver 63-60 Updated: Feb-11-16 11:52 pm
DENVER - Jalen Chapman scored 26 points and Western Illinois grabbed the lead in the final four minutes and held on to beat Denver, 63-60 in a Summit League battle Thursday night.
- Prehistoric fish fossil to be on display in Denver Updated: Feb-11-16 11:35 pm
DENVER - The fossil of a prehistoric fish that scientists say is one of only three known in the world is headed to Denver.
- GOP Senate hopefuls optimistic ahead of Colorado caucuses Updated: Feb-11-16 10:39 pm
DENVER - A crowded slate of Colorado Republicans launched their effort to defeat Democratic Sen. Michael Bennet with a surprising tone of optimism in their first and last forum before meeting voters.
- Cosby cases prompt Colorado bill extending time for charges Updated: Feb-11-16 9:34 pm
DENVER - A Colorado House committee on Thursday unanimously approved a bill prompted by claims against Bill Cosby that would double a 10-year statute of limitations for seeking charges in sexual assault cases.
- Police-related bills introduced in Colorado legislature Updated: Feb-11-16 6:01 pm
DENVER - A Colorado House committee unanimously passed a bill Thursday that would require police agencies to videotape interrogations of suspects in certain felony cases as a way to prevent false confessions.
- Colorado gun shop owner charged with illegally selling guns Updated: Feb-11-16 3:30 pm
DENVER - A Colorado gun shop owner who appeared on the reality show "American Guns" is accused of illegally selling firearms after losing his license.
- Veteran newsman Joe Danborn named AP's Rockies news editor Updated: Feb-11-16 1:36 pm
DENVER - Joe Danborn, a veteran editor for the Associated Press, has been named Rockies news editor for the cooperative.
- Molson Coors misses 4Q profit forecasts Updated: Feb-11-16 7:35 am
DENVER - Molson Coors Brewing Co. (TAP) on Thursday reported fourth-quarter earnings of $32.8 million.
- Colorado still working on clean-air plan despite court delay Updated: Feb-10-16 7:28 pm
DENVER - Colorado officials say they'll keep working on the state's plan to comply with the Obama administration's clean-power regulations despite a U.S. Supreme Court order delaying enforcement of the rules.
- Correction: Super Bowl-Broncos Parade story Updated: Feb-10-16 6:57 pm
DENVER - In a story Feb. 9 about Denver celebrating the Broncos Super Bowl victory, The Associated Press erroneously reported the name of a fan and several of her relatives. The fan was Dorothy Ayze, not Ayce. Her daughter is Judy Klade, not Judy Ayce. Her granddaughter is Amanda Skenadore, not Amanda Ayce.
- Lawmakers reject plan to make death penalty easier to give Updated: Feb-10-16 6:40 pm
DENVER - A bill that would make it easier for Colorado juries to give the death penalty failed Wednesday when a Republican senator joined Democrats in saying that unanimous verdicts for capital punishment should stay a requirement.
- Colorado Editorial Roundup Updated: Feb-10-16 6:19 pm
The Durango Herald, Feb. 3, on end-of-life choices for the terminally ill:
- Unruly passenger diverts Boston-San Diego flight to Denver Updated: Feb-10-16 4:10 pm
DENVER - A plane heading to San Diego was diverted to Denver after witnesses say a passenger started yelling threats.
- Boy found dead in Denver home; deputy hurt on way to scene Updated: Feb-10-16 1:38 pm
DENVER - Authorities say they found a 6-year-old boy dead and a man suffering self-inflicted stab wounds inside a suburban Denver home where a woman said she was sexually assaulted at knife-point.
- Man sought in stabbing kills himself in Wyoming Updated: Feb-09-16 10:54 pm
DENVER - Investigators say a man suspected of stabbing a woman in suburban Denver killed himself during a standoff at a motel in Wyoming.
- House approves bill to tighten control on VA construction Updated: Feb-09-16 5:19 pm
WASHINGTON - The House on Tuesday approved a bill to increase oversight and management of large construction projects at the Department of Veterans Affairs after a new VA hospital outside Denver tripled original cost estimates.
- Authorities' pursuit of Amber Alert suspect ends with crash Updated: Feb-09-16 4:54 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - An Albuquerque man who police say took his 2-year-old daughter from her mother at gunpoint fled north to Colorado on Tuesday before his vehicle hit troopers' spike strips, rolled over and ejected both him and the toddler, authorities said.
- The Latest: Broncos fans stream out of downtown after parade Updated: Feb-09-16 4:53 pm
DENVER - The Latest on the Denver Broncos' Super Bowl victory parade (all times local):
- Broncos revel in parade amid questions about Manning, Miller Updated: Feb-09-16 4:38 pm
DENVER - It took John Elway 15 years to experience a parade as a quarterback. As an executive, only five.
- The Latest: Colorado troopers chased Amber Alert suspect Updated: Feb-09-16 1:54 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - The Latest on a reported abduction of a 2-year-old New Mexico girl (all times local):
- Coroner IDs man shot to death in Denver Updated: Feb-08-16 9:56 pm
DENVER - Authorities have released the name of a man who was shot to death outside of a home in Denver.
- Correction: Child Abuse story Updated: Feb-08-16 7:47 pm
DENVER - On Feb. 8, The Associated Press erroneously published a story from 2012 about the Colorado Department of Human Services considering relaxing the requirements for social workers in child abuse cases. The Department of Human Services approved the change in April 2012.
- Party like it's 1999: Denver to celebrate another Super Bowl Updated: Feb-08-16 6:25 pm
DENVER - Denver's getting ready to party like it's 1999.
- Denver Broncos return home with Lombardi Trophy Updated: Feb-08-16 6:02 pm
DENVER - The Denver Broncos are home with the Lombardi Trophy, marking the final touchdown of the 2015 season.