- Colorado lawmakers finally confront state's housing crunch Updated: May-05-16 10:15 pm
DENVER - Proposals to tackle Colorado's skyrocketing housing costs have finally been offered in the state Legislature. But lawmakers don't have much time to settle on complicated measures to expand affordable housing.
- Health care executive confirmed as lieutenant governor Updated: May-04-16 10:19 pm
DENVER - Health care executive Donna Lynne has been confirmed to be Colorado's next lieutenant governor.
- Colorado's Blaha may be back on GOP Senate ballot Updated: May-04-16 9:09 pm
DENVER - Republican U.S. Senate hopeful Robert Blaha might appear on the party's Colorado primary in June.
- Small chicken farmers win oversight reprieve in Colorado Updated: May-04-16 6:39 pm
DENVER - It's about to get easier for Colorado's small-time chicken farmers to sell directly to consumers.
- Theater curators visiting Colorado towns this week Updated: May-04-16 6:33 pm
WESTMINSTER, Colorado - Curators who travel the country studying and preserving early American theater artifacts are in Colorado, reviving memories of the days when the Denver suburb of Westminster was known for apple orchards and dairy farms and its Grange Hall was the heart of the community.
- Denver police officer arrested in sex assault case Updated: May-04-16 5:04 pm
DENVER - Authorities say a Denver police officer has been arrested on suspicion of sexual assault.
- Medical pot ad limits await governor's pen in Colorado Updated: May-04-16 1:09 pm
DENVER - An expanded limit on marijuana advertising awaits the governor's signature in Colorado.
- Colorado lawmakers reject labeling marijuana as organic Updated: May-03-16 6:38 pm
DENVER - A Colorado proposal to certify organic marijuana has been rejected amid concerns the labels would imply pot is healthy.
- Prison guard says he fired as he was punched at biker brawl Updated: May-03-16 5:29 pm
DENVER - A corrections officer who killed a man during a shootout at a Denver motorcycle show said he fired the first shot because members of another biker group were punching and cornering him, according to police reports released Tuesday that offer a new glimpse into the chaotic brawl.
- Broncos' Siemian trusts he'll get a shot at starting, too Updated: May-03-16 4:36 pm
ENGLEWOOD, Colorado - Quarterback Trevor Siemian is stuck between the future and the present, a project in first-rounder Paxton Lynch and a placeholder in Mark Sanchez.
- Man dies after canoe capsizes in Colorado lake Updated: May-03-16 4:15 pm
LOVELAND, Colorado - The Loveland Fire Rescue Authority says a canoe capsized on a lake north of Denver, leaving one man dead.
- Denver suburb uses pot sales tax revenue to help homeless Updated: May-03-16 2:35 pm
AURORA, Colorado - The Denver suburb of Aurora is using recreational marijuana sales tax revenue to help the homeless.
- Colorado's battle over regulating fracking shifts to ballot Updated: May-03-16 2:14 pm
DENVER - Colorado's battle over who should regulate fracking - and how much - now shifts to the November election after the state Supreme Court overturned attempts by local governments to impose their own rules.
- Denver Zoo euthanizes lion suffering from liver disease. Updated: May-03-16 10:54 am
DENVER - The Denver Zoo has euthanized a 3-year-old lion that had been suffering from liver disease.
- Molson Coors profit nearly doubles on Vancouver brewery sale Updated: May-03-16 10:23 am
DENVER - Beer maker Molson Coors Brewing said Tuesday that its first-quarter profit nearly doubled as it sold a brewery in Canada.
- Man pleads guilty in fatal shooting outside strip club Updated: May-03-16 5:48 am
DENVER - A man charged with fatally shooting a man outside a strip club in Denver last year has reached a plea deal with prosecutors.
- Denver firefighters battling blaze find body in closet Updated: May-02-16 9:39 pm
DENVER - An investigation is underway after firefighters battling a blaze at a popular bagel shop in Denver found a body in a closet.
- Mark Sanchez sees Paxton Lynch selection as endorsement Updated: May-02-16 6:03 pm
ENGLEWOOD, Colorado - Normally, watching the boss trade up in the first round of the NFL draft to take a player at your position wouldn't be such good news. Mark Sanchez saw it as a vote of confidence.
- Yarbrough signs as free agent with Broncos Updated: May-02-16 10:54 am
LARAMIE, Wyoming - Former Wyoming defensive end Eddie Yarbrough has signed a three-year free agent contract with his hometown Denver Broncos.
- Fraction of Central American migrant kids land in Rockies Updated: May-02-16 10:46 am
DENVER - A fraction of the thousands of children who've fled poverty and violence in Central America alone in recent years are now scattered across Colorado, Wyoming and Montana living with relatives and other sponsors.
- 1 person dead after fire in building near downtown Denver Updated: May-02-16 9:11 am
DENVER - Firefighters say one person is dead after a fire in a building near downtown Denver.
- 860 migrant kids from Central America landed in Colorado Updated: May-02-16 3:48 am
DENVER - A small share of the over 100,000 from children from Central America who have entered the United States without their parents have ended up living across Colorado.
- John Elway gets his quarterback without overpaying Updated: Apr-30-16 9:38 pm
ENGLEWOOD, Colorado - John Elway leaned against a wall outside the team meeting room adorned with images from the Denver Broncos' Super Bowl season and declared, "The plan is to keep picking at the bottom of the round - and there is no Plan B!"
- Pot limits for Colorado tourists could be on the way out Updated: Apr-29-16 9:11 pm
DENVER - Colorado's tourists would be able to buy as much marijuana as residents, if a bill moving through the state Legislature passes.
- Lynch has always watched Manning, emulated Newton Updated: Apr-29-16 8:04 pm
ENGLEWOOD, Colorado - Paxton Lynch says he long appreciated Peyton Manning, whose cleats he's hoping to fill as soon as September. It's the vanquished quarterback from Super Bowl 50, however, that he's always admired.