- Rights group: South Sudan army violated civilians in Wau Updated: May-24-16 12:40 pm
JUBA, South Sudan - South Sudanese government soldiers killed, raped, tortured, and detained dozens of civilians in and around Wau town in the country's western Bahr el Ghazal state in recent months, Human Rights Watch said in a report released Tuesday.
- EU condemns parties in South Sudan for human rights abuses Updated: May-23-16 9:31 am
BRUSSELS - The European Union is criticizing "all parties" in South Sudan for human rights abuses and killings of civilians says they "must cease immediately."
- South Sudan: Minister forced out of meeting over bow tie Updated: May-06-16 1:48 pm
JUBA, South Sudan - A South Sudanese government minister says the president ordered him to leave a Cabinet meeting of the new coalition government for wearing a bow tie.
- South Sudan: 32 kidnapped Ethiopian children recovered Updated: Apr-30-16 7:41 am
JUBA, South Sudan - Authorities in South Sudan said they have recovered 32 of the 125 Ethiopian children who the Ethiopian government said were abducted from its Gambela region two weeks ago during a deadly cattle raid blamed on a South Sudanese militia.
- South Sudan forms new coalition government of national unity Updated: Apr-29-16 12:04 pm
JUBA, South Sudan - South Sudan's leaders have formed a transitional coalition government bringing together politicians from the government and the armed opposition who have been at war for two and a half years.
- South Sudan rebel leader returns to the capital Updated: Apr-26-16 2:17 pm
JUBA, South Sudan - South Sudan's rebel leader Riek Machar returned to the capital Juba on Tuesday afternoon, to become vice president and to try to end the civil war that in two and a half years has killed tens of thousands of people and forced more than 2 million from their homes.
- Alabama ministry rescues women raped at UN camps in Africa Updated: Apr-24-16 9:01 am
CHELSEA, Alabama - An Alabama ministry has rescued several women who say they were raped by South Sudanese soldiers at camps run by the United Nations in Africa.