- UN: 29 die in South Sudan cholera outbreak as cases rise Updated: Jul-03-15 8:58 am
KAMPALA, Uganda - At least 29 people have died in South Sudan's latest cholera outbreak, the U.N. children's agency said Friday.
- Analysts say UN sanctions on South Sudan not very helpful Updated: Jul-02-15 10:31 am
JUBA, South Sudan - The U.N. sanctions imposed on South Sudanese generals are not likely to help the peace process, some analysts said Thursday.
- UN sanctions 6 generals for fueling South Sudan conflict Updated: Jul-01-15 5:09 pm
- South Sudan military is accused of widespread abuses Updated: Jul-01-15 10:08 am
JUBA, South Sudan - South Sudan's army has burned people alive, raped and shot girls, and forced tens of thousands from their homes, according to interviews with survivors by The Associated Press and corroborated by human rights groups.
- Poachers kill ranger, 2 soldiers in Congo wildlife park Updated: Jun-19-15 12:02 pm
JOHANNESBURG - Heavily armed poachers killed a ranger and two soldiers patrolling in a national park in Congo, a conservation group said Friday.
- South Sudan accuses Sudan of airstrikes, killing 1 Updated: Jun-17-15 10:54 am
JUBA, South Sudan - South Sudan's government on Wednesday accused Sudan of bombing two locations in its territory, killing at least one soldier and wounding others.