- Macedonia to hold early elections to end political crisis Updated: Jun-02-15 3:23 pm
SKOPJE, Macedonia - Macedonia's feuding political leaders have agreed to hold early elections by the end of April 2016 to resolve a deep political crisis, the European Union's enlargement commissioner said Tuesday.
- UN concerned over human rights, democracy in Macedonia Updated: May-22-15 2:31 pm
SKOPJE, Macedonia - A top United Nations human rights official expressed concern Friday over the political crisis that has triggered mass protests in Macedonia.
- Macedonians in protest to demand government's resignation Updated: May-17-15 8:50 am
SKOPJE, Macedonia - Tens of thousands of people have gathered in the center of the Macedonian capital Skopje to demand the resignation of conservative Prime Minister Nikola Gruevski.
- Macedonia divided: Corruption, armed rebellion splits nation Updated: May-16-15 1:52 pm
SKOPJE, Macedonia - Macedonia's short history of independence has been a troubled one - and its political turmoil appears to be getting worse.
- Macedonia charges 30 over weekend battle with militants Updated: May-11-15 3:10 pm
KUMANOVO, Macedonia - Macedonian authorities on Monday jailed 30 people captured in a weekend gun battle in a northern town that left 22 police and suspected ethnic Albanian militants dead, at a time of heightened political tension in the small Balkan country