- As India reels from drought, gov't slammed for poor policies Updated: Apr-14-16 9:54 pm
SHAHAPUR, India - Shantabai Babulkar's day begins before dawn with a 5 kilometer (3 mile) trek across barren fields and dusty scrubland to fetch water from a distant well for her family.
- Austria checking possible links of suspect to Mumbai attack Updated: Apr-12-16 5:25 am
VIENNA - Austrian prosecutors say they are following up on the possibility that a Pakistani citizen detained last year is linked to the 2008 attack in Mumbai.
- Prince William expresses grief over temple fire in India Updated: Apr-11-16 12:37 am
MUMBAI, India - Prince William took a moment during a gala ball to express grief over the Hindu temple fire that left more than 100 dead in south India.
- Study: Huge global exercise contest shows healthy potential Updated: Apr-03-16 9:04 am
CHICAGO - A workplace exercise challenge using pedometers and social media in a global competition shows potential to improve health in a study involving almost 70,000 employees in 64 countries.
- Police investigate death of young Indian television actress Updated: Apr-02-16 9:39 am
NEW DELHI - Police said Saturday they were investigating the death of a 24-year-old Indian television actress whose body was found hanging from a ceiling fan in her Mumbai apartment.
- Female activists stopped from entering temple in west India Updated: Apr-02-16 8:04 am
NEW DELHI - Around 25 female activists were prevented Saturday from entering a temple in western India traditionally open only to men, a day after a Mumbai court ruled that women have a fundamental right to enter and pray inside temples.
- Overpass collapse just latest construction accident in India Updated: Apr-01-16 4:06 am
NEW DELHI - When an under-construction overpass collapsed and killed at least 23 people in the bustling east Indian city of Kolkata, the images were shocking: massive fallen steel girders, taxis crumpled under slabs of concrete, a crushed truck, destroyed rickshaws and dozens of people trapped.
- Simmons says India lacked express pace Updated: Mar-31-16 2:58 pm
MUMBAI, India - Lendl Simmons believes India's lack of genuine pace bowlers helped him guide West Indies to a seven-wicket victory in the semifinal of the World Twenty20 on Thursday.
- Simmons sinks India in WT20 semis Updated: Mar-31-16 1:50 pm
MUMBAI, India - Lendl Simmons hit an unbeaten 82 off 51 balls as West Indies recorded a convincing seven-wicket victory against favorite India in the second semifinal of the World Twenty20 tournament on Thursday.