- Coroner: Heart issue caused death of woman on Wade Mountain Updated: May-30-16 12:06 pm
HUNTSVILLE, Alabama - The body of a woman has been found on Wade Mountain in north Alabama.
- Church in Alabama's rocket city replacing "Cosmic Christ" Updated: May-25-16 9:41 am
HUNTSVILLE, Alabama - Mention "Eggbeater Jesus" and most any Huntsville resident will know what you're talking about. The glass-tile mosaic that graces the front of First Baptist Church - officially, its name is "Cosmic Christ" - has been a local landmark for more than 40 years.
- Alabama football star's financial adviser sent to prison Updated: May-21-16 3:36 pm
HUNTSVILLE, Alabama - A judge has sentenced a Huntsville financial consultant who pleaded guilty to fraud to 10 years in prison.
- School locked down after fight at preschool graduation Updated: May-20-16 1:48 pm
HUNTSVILLE, Alabama - Authorities say a school in north Alabama has been locked down after a fight at a preschool graduation ceremony.
- Census data: Huntsville could become Alabama's largest city Updated: May-19-16 8:41 am
HUNTSVILLE, Alabama - New Census data shows that Huntsville could be on track to become the state's largest city by around 2030.
- Man arrested for driving under influence after bus crash Updated: May-16-16 6:22 pm
HUNTSVILLE, Alabama - A Madison County Schools bus driver has been arrested and faces a charge of driving under the influence of a controlled substance.
- Madison County prosecutor arrested, charged with DUI Updated: May-16-16 5:16 pm
HUNTSVILLE, Alabama - A Madison County assistant district attorney has been reassigned to non-courtroom duties after being arrested and charged with driving under the influence.
- State, local health officials honing Zika action plan Updated: May-14-16 3:59 pm
BIRMINGHAM, Alabama - As mosquito season approaches and concerns rise about the Zika virus, Alabama public health officials are working to get a better understanding of what resources are available for statewide mosquito control efforts.
- Gov. Bentley signs 2 controversial abortion bills into law Updated: May-12-16 4:39 pm
MONTOMERY, Alabama - Alabama Gov. Robert Bentley on Thursday signed legislation into law that could shutter the state's two largest abortion providers.
- Alabama school board paid $200,000 to settle rape lawsuit Updated: May-11-16 3:58 pm
HUNTSVILLE, Alabama - An Alabama school board has revealed that it paid $200,000 to settle a lawsuit by a student who said she was raped in a bathroom after a school worker tried to use her as bait to catch a predator.
- Charlotte pharmaceutical plant closing; 390 to lose jobs Updated: May-11-16 6:12 am
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - An Irish pharmaceutical company is closing its Charlotte manufacturing plant, a move that will cost 390 local jobs.
- Alabama passes bill to close abortion clinics near schools Updated: May-05-16 12:51 am
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - At least one Alabama abortion clinic will be forced to move under a bill the state Legislature passed Wednesday.