- State officials probing Cullman police shooting Updated: Apr-27-16 6:30 pm
CULLMAN, Alabama - The State Bureau of Investigation is probing a police shooting in Cullman.
- Man given life sentence for killing 91-year-old neighbor Updated: Apr-21-16 4:39 am
HUNTSVILLE, Alabama - A Huntsville man has been sentenced to life in prison for killing his 91-year-old neighbor while he burglarized her home.
- Committee passes bill to close abortion clinics near schools Updated: Apr-20-16 8:19 pm
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - An Alabama House committee has passed a bill to keep abortion clinics at least 2,000 feet away from public schools, which would impact at least one existing facility in the state.
- Police: Alabama officer shot, suspect dead following chase Updated: Apr-17-16 1:32 pm
FLORENCE, Alabama - Alabama authorities say a police officer has been shot and the suspect has died from an apparent self-inflicted gunshot.
- Organization teaches Alabama high schoolers how to fly Updated: Apr-17-16 9:00 am
CADDO, Alabama - East Lawrence High School freshman Garrett Rodgers always dreamed of defying gravity as a pilot.
- North Alabama system letting students customize classes Updated: Apr-06-16 9:13 am
HARTSELLE, Alabama - A north Alabama school system is allowing high school students to customize their education in a way that seemed impossible a decade ago.
- Huntsville police say hoax 911 call prompted SWAT response Updated: Apr-06-16 7:48 am
HUNTSVILLE, Alabama - Police in Huntsville say a 911 call that promoted evacuations at an apartment complex and mobilization of SWAT team members appears to have been a hoax.
- Museum files counterclaim in dispute over Confederate jacket Updated: Apr-04-16 7:45 pm
HUNTSVILLE, Alabama - Lawyers for a New Orleans Confederate history museum say they're hoping for a speedy resolution in a dispute with an Alabama man over ownership of a Confederate Army captain's jacket.