- Maggi noodles ordered off India's shelves due to lead level Updated: Jun-03-15 4:56 am
NEW DELHI - Indian shopkeepers withdrew a popular brand of Nestle instant noodles from their shelves Wednesday after tests revealed the snack contained unsafe levels of lead.
- Rain of little relief to south India; heat toll nears 2,200 Updated: May-31-15 9:47 am
HYDERABAD, India - Despite hopes that weekend thundershowers would help end a raging heat wave in southern India, the rain brought only limited relief as the death toll since mid-April approached 2,200.
- Small clubs, youth teams feel victimized by FIFA scandal Updated: May-30-15 5:31 pm
RIO DE JANEIRO - The accused in the FIFA scandal are easy to spot: globe-trotting executives charged with diverting millions meant to build the game to their personal accounts. Those who feel victimized aren't as obvious: Youth players with hand-me-down equipment, semi-pro clubs that can't afford to travel and developmental leagues that can't pay referees.
- India's Modi meets Xi on China visit amid warming ties Updated: May-14-15 7:04 am
XI'AN, China - President Xi Jinping praised China's warming ties with India during a meeting Thursday between the leaders of Asia's rising powers and rivals, which included a rare touch of personal diplomacy for a Chinese leader.
- China, India have many rivalries, some areas of cooperation Updated: May-14-15 2:25 am
BEIJING - India's prime minister is visiting China this week to build friendship between the two Asian giants despite a long history of disputes and rivalries, along with some areas of cooperation, especially in the economic sphere.