- Waterloo officials give initial OK to proposed parking rules Updated: Jun-02-15 11:29 am
WATERLOO, Iowa - The Waterloo City Council has given initial approval to rules limiting parking in front yards despite objections that residents didn't have a chance to weigh in on the issue.
- Cyclists ride in support of proposed Waterloo brewery Updated: Jun-01-15 4:53 pm
WATERLOO, Iowa - Supporters are putting a little sweat behind their effort to draw attention to the proposed transformation of a former Wonder Bread bakery in Waterloo into a production brewery.
- Waterloo schools using art to encourage end to violence Updated: May-27-15 2:20 pm
WATERLOO, Iowa - Twelve Waterloo schools are using art to help promote peace following a recent rash of shootings and stabbings.
- Iowa work release inmate is back in custody, official says Updated: May-27-15 6:32 am
DES MOINES, Iowa - An Iowa inmate is back in custody after an unexcused absence from a state work release facility in Waterloo.
- Red Cross consolidating some Iowa offices to cut costs Updated: May-24-15 6:56 pm
WATERLOO, Iowa - Several American Red Cross offices in eastern Iowa will be consolidating to reduce costs, but the nonprofit says it is not cutting jobs or services.
- Home sweet home for adopted dog at Cedar Falls center Updated: May-23-15 10:10 am
CEDAR FALLS, Iowa - Some circumstances fall together so beautifully it's almost certain they were meant to be.
- Waterloo officials OKs $90K contract for Iowa sculptor Updated: May-22-15 4:51 pm
WATERLOO, Iowa - The Waterloo City Council has approved a $90,000 contract to an Iowa sculptor to craft additional works honoring former first lady and Waterloo native Lou Henry Hoover.
- ConAgra plans to expand eastern Iowa plant, add 55 jobs Updated: May-21-15 10:11 am
WATERLOO, Iowa - ConAgra Foods says it plans to expand its Waterloo plant and add 55 jobs to the local payroll.
- Waterloo parolee arrested on suspicion of leaving Iowa Updated: May-20-15 1:37 pm
WATERLOO, Iowa - A Waterloo man released on parole following his conviction in a 1976 killing has been arrested after authorities say he left Iowa without permission.
- Teen brother arrested after his sister is fatally shot Updated: May-17-15 4:05 pm
WATERLOO, Iowa - A 15-year-old girl was fatally shot at her home in Waterloo, and now her younger brother is facing charges.
- 15-year-old Iowa girl killed; 14-year-old brother arrested Updated: May-16-15 1:07 pm
WATERLOO, Iowa - A 15-year-old Waterloo girl has been shot and killed, and police say her 14-year-old brother has been arrested on suspicion of shooting her with a stolen gun.
- Nonprofit hits fundraising goal for Waterloo sports complex Updated: May-15-15 2:38 pm
WATERLOO, Iowa - A nonprofit announced this week that it has crossed the finish line for a $27 million fundraising goal of the Cedar Valley SportsPlex in downtown Waterloo.
- Trial underway in Waterloo nightclub shooting case Updated: May-13-15 1:56 pm
WATERLOO, Iowa - Testimony is underway in the trial of a man accused of fatally shooting a Minnesotan at a Waterloo nightclub in August.
- Waterloo sewage releases may result in fine, council told Updated: May-12-15 10:43 am
WATERLOO, Iowa - An engineering consultant has told the Waterloo City Council that the city faces a fine and must make costly improvements to its sewer system.
- Company plans to build $120M hospital in Cedar Falls Updated: May-08-15 1:51 pm
CEDAR FALLS, Iowa - A health care company plans to build a $120 million hospital in Cedar Falls to replace the 101-year-old Sartori Memorial Hospital.
- Students chirping over new tower for small birds Updated: May-07-15 12:46 pm
WATERLOO, Iowa - Students no longer will have to worry about where small birds that nested in the chimney of an old school slated for demolition will live next.
- Former Waterloo lawyer's assets to be sold to offset debt Updated: May-07-15 12:31 pm
WATERLOO, Iowa - Cars, boats and more items previously belonging to a Waterloo attorney who killed himself before allegations surfaced that he had stolen millions of dollars from clients will soon be up for sale to offset his debts.
- Waterloo man gets probation on indecent contact charge Updated: May-05-15 1:15 pm
WATERLOO, Iowa - A Waterloo man whose wife ran an in-home day care has been sentenced to two years of supervised probation after pleading guilty to luring a 7-year-old girl into a bathroom.
- Cedar Falls to look for illegal connections to sewers Updated: May-05-15 11:09 am
CEDAR FALLS, Iowa - The Cedar Falls City Council has approved an ordinance that will require inspections of some homes to ensure they're not illegally dumping stormwater into the city's sanitary sewage system.
- Waterloo-area police working to build bridges with community Updated: May-04-15 10:04 am
WATERLOO, Iowa - Law enforcement officials in the Waterloo area are hoping faith will help build bridges in their relationship with residents.
- Iowa care center worker convicted of abusing client Updated: May-04-15 9:55 am
WATERLOO, Iowa - A 28-year-old woman has been convicted of abusing a client while working at Country View Care Center in Waterloo.