- Democratic candidates for Iowa US Senate seat fault Grassley Updated: May-28-16 6:37 pm
WATERLOO, Iowa - Three candidates seeking the Democratic nomination for U.S. Senate spent no time Saturday at a Waterloo debate attacking each other, focusing criticism instead on Republican incumbent U.S. Sen. Chuck Grassley and GOP presidential candidate Donald Trump.
- Wind knocks over rail cars, topples trees in much of Iowa Updated: May-26-16 12:06 pm
DENISON, Iowa - Winds gusting to 87 mph have knocked over train cars and toppled trees in parts of Iowa.
- Dog bites off part of 8-year-old Waterloo girl's ear Updated: May-24-16 12:18 pm
WATERLOO, Iowa - An 8-year-old Waterloo girl is recovering after a dog bit off part of her ear.
- Waterloo man sentenced to prison in death of ex-girlfriend Updated: May-20-16 1:23 pm
WATERLOO, Iowa - A Waterloo man who pleaded guilty to killing his former girlfriend has been sentenced to 50 years in prison.
- Waterloo officials reject bid for bridge canopy restoration Updated: May-17-16 3:59 pm
WATERLOO, Iowa - Higher-than-predicted costs to refurbish an iconic bridge canopy in Waterloo have put the future of the project in jeopardy.
- Researchers hope to turn Black Hawk County grasses into fuel Updated: May-16-16 6:56 pm
WASHBURN, Iowa - A group of University of Northern Iowa researchers and Black Hawk County conservationists have cultivated about 100 acres of prairie grass in the hopes of burning it for fuel.
- Fayette County jailer accused of OWI, authorities say Updated: May-16-16 10:05 am
WEST UNION, Iowa - Authorities say a Fayette County jailer has been accused of driving while intoxicated.
- Man shot by police during chase gets 20 years in Iowa prison Updated: May-16-16 9:03 am
WATERLOO, Iowa - A man who was shot during a police chase in Waterloo has been sent to prison.
- Police: Man shot multiple times in Waterloo parking lot Updated: May-13-16 11:55 pm
WATERLOO, Iowa - Police say a man is in critical condition after being shot multiple times in Waterloo.
- Statue of first lady Lou Henry Hoover installed in Waterloo Updated: May-13-16 3:43 pm
WATERLOO, Iowa - A new statue of Lou Henry Hoover has been installed at the site of the first lady's childhood home in Waterloo.
- Waterloo hospital notifies 1,620 patients of data breach Updated: May-11-16 1:09 pm
WATERLOO, Iowa - A Waterloo hospital is notifying about 1,620 patients that a former employee inappropriately accessed some of their personal information.
- Council again votes not to seek grant for white-water park Updated: May-10-16 3:59 pm
WATERLOO, Iowa - The City Council again has effectively rejected a plan to seek a National Park Service grant to help fund a $2.6 million white-water park and kayak course near downtown Waterloo.
- Woman awaits verdict in crash death case involving deputy Updated: May-10-16 10:02 am
CEDAR FALLS, Iowa - A Waterloo woman has been convicted of two charges and awaits a judge's decision on a third filed after a collision that killed an off-duty Black Hawk County sheriff's deputy.
- Man's eastern Iowa slaying trial scheduled to begin May 31 Updated: May-09-16 11:04 am
WATERLOO, Iowa - A nonjury trial is scheduled to begin later this month for a man charged with murder in eastern Iowa's Black Hawk County.
- Brewery earns $1.24M in tax credits for Waterloo project Updated: May-06-16 2:18 pm
WATERLOO, Iowa - A Cedar Falls brewery's planned renovation of the former downtown Hostess Wonder Bread building is set to receive $1.24 million in historic preservation tax credits.
- Man who drove drunk into Waterloo house gets 25 years Updated: May-06-16 8:56 am
WATERLOO, Iowa - A man has been given 25 years in prison for crashing into a Waterloo house and fatally injuring a sleeping occupant.
- Fire destroys Cedar Falls restaurant, no injuries reported Updated: Apr-29-16 5:51 pm
CEDAR FALLS, Iowa - Firefighters spent hours trying to contain a blaze that destroyed a Cedar Falls Chinese restaurant.
- Officer honored for keeping woman from killing son, herself Updated: Apr-29-16 11:26 am
WATERLOO, Iowa - A Waterloo officer has been praised for his quick, cool action in preventing a woman from throwing herself and her 9-year-old son into the Cedar River.