- Notre Dame looking for answers after 2 losses in 3 games Updated: Dec-01-15 5:09 pm
SOUTH BEND, Indiana - Notre Dame is unranked for the first time in nearly a year after losing twice in three games and coach Mike Brey believes that might be the best thing for a team trying to find its way.
- Prosecutor seeks to dismiss charge against abortion doctor Updated: Dec-01-15 3:49 pm
SOUTH BEND, Indiana - Prosecutors have filed to dismiss a misdemeanor charge against a doctor who formerly performed abortions in South Bend.
- Former wood-recycling plant owners ordered to pay $50M Updated: Dec-01-15 3:24 pm
SOUTH BEND, Indiana - A federal judge has ordered the former owners of a northern Indiana wood-recycling plant to pay $50.6 million in damages to people who lived nearby and contended its dust and fumes threatened their health.
- Northern Indiana teen avoid prison time after drug deaths Updated: Dec-01-15 1:25 pm
SOUTH BEND, Indiana - A northern Indiana teenager won't serve any time in prison under a plea agreement stemming from the drug overdose deaths of two brothers.
- South Bend students train to be firefighters Updated: Dec-01-15 5:05 am
SOUTH BEND, Indiana - A group of recruits at the Luther J. Taylor Sr. Fire Safety Training Center is challenged to dress in 65 pounds of gear in less than two minutes.
- 2 Ohio women killed in crash on Indiana Toll Road Updated: Nov-30-15 11:21 am
ELKHART, Indiana - Police say two women from northeastern Ohio were killed when their car struck a guardrail and flipped several times on the Indiana Toll Road.
- Notre Dame expands observance of Martin Luther King Jr. Day Updated: Nov-30-15 3:36 am
SOUTH BEND, Indiana - The University of Notre Dame is expanding its observance of the Martin Luther King Jr. holiday.
- Pence order puts Indiana at center of Syrian refugee issue Updated: Nov-29-15 10:42 am
SOUTH BEND, Indiana - Indiana could be shaping up as a testing ground for how states deal with Syrian refugees, after Gov. Mike Pence directed state agencies this month to suspend resettlement efforts because of security concerns.
- South Bend's United Way focusing on poverty fight Updated: Nov-27-15 1:27 pm
SOUTH BEND, Indiana - The United Way of St. Joseph County has decided to direct more money toward groups that are collaborating on projects aimed at reducing poverty in the northern Indiana area.
- Feeling the pinch of Indiana's new food stamp rules Updated: Nov-27-15 5:01 am
MISHAWAKA, Indiana - After more than three years in jail, Bonita Richards works at temp jobs, piecing together 20 hours of work each week at various factories.
- Notre Dame president urges US to welcome Syrian refugees Updated: Nov-26-15 3:46 am
SOUTH BEND, Indiana - The president of the University of Notre Dame is urging Americans to welcome Syrian refugees, saying they have been forced by unrelenting violence to flee their homes.
- South Bend to give tax abatement to Studebaker property Updated: Nov-25-15 3:50 am
SOUTH BEND, Indiana - The South Bend Common Council has given preliminary approval to a $934,000 tax abatement for a portion of the former Studebaker assembly plant south of downtown.
- Notre Dame vice president to help with economic development Updated: Nov-24-15 3:50 am
SOUTH BEND, Indiana - The University of Notre Dame has hired a former Textron Inc. vice president of mergers and acquisitions to head its efforts to help grow the regional community of the South Bend-Elkhart area through strategic partnerships with the university.
- Prosise, Russell out for No. 4 Irish vs. No. 13 Stanford Updated: Nov-22-15 4:05 pm
SOUTH BEND, Indiana - Notre Dame's leading rusher C.J. Prosise is doubtful with a sprained ankle for the biggest game of the season, when the fourth-ranked Fighting Irish play No. 13 Stanford on Saturday with a college football playoff berth on the line.
- Mayors discuss whether Michiana moniker is too confusing Updated: Nov-22-15 10:56 am
SOUTH BEND, Indiana - Many people living outside of northern Indiana and southwestern Michigan have no idea where Michiana is. They won't find it on a map, either, which is why some believe a better moniker is in order.
- Auguste leads No. 18 Notre Dame past UMass Lowell 83-57 Updated: Nov-21-15 4:53 pm
SOUTH BEND, Indiana - Notre Dame forward Zach Auguste didn't have to look hard to find an edge against UMass Lowell on Saturday.
- Some Indiana cities worry about impact of proposed LGBT bill Updated: Nov-20-15 5:56 pm
SOUTH BEND, Indiana - Officials in some Indiana cities with ordinances that provide protections for lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender residents are worried that a bill lawmakers will consider in the 2016 session could undermine their local authority.
- Notre Dame DE Okwara sees surge in sacks in recent games Updated: Nov-19-15 3:59 pm
SOUTH BEND, Indiana - Notre Dame defensive end Romeo Okwara believes his hard work is finally paying off - and it's the opposing quarterbacks who are paying the price.
- Dual-credit teachers may get extension for new requirements Updated: Nov-19-15 12:33 pm
SOUTH BEND, Indiana - Indiana educators struggling over an impending change in requirements for high school teachers of dual-credit classes may be getting an extension.
- No. 3 Notre Dame wins 74-39 over cold-shooting Toledo Updated: Nov-18-15 9:47 pm
SOUTH BEND, Indiana - Notre Dame coach Muffet McGraw went with a new defensive wrinkle against Toledo, which had no answer.
- Jackson, Beachem big for No. 18 Notre Dame Updated: Nov-17-15 10:02 pm
SOUTH BEND, Indiana - Notre Dame's opponents are quickly learning that, when Demetrius Jackson goes to the hoop, look out below.
- No. 5 Notre Dame looking to be aggressive against Boston Col Updated: Nov-17-15 6:02 pm
SOUTH BEND, Indiana - Just because it looks like the easy part of the schedule doesn't mean No. 5 Notre Dame is about to let up.
- Turner helps No. 3 Notre Dame women beat Bucknell 85-54 Updated: Nov-15-15 4:09 pm
SOUTH BEND, Indiana - Muffet McGraw got a milestone win at home, and that made it even better for the longtime coach.
- No. 6 Irish beat Wake Forest 28-7, Adams has 98-yard TD Updated: Nov-14-15 9:11 pm
SOUTH BEND, Indiana - Sixth-ranked Notre Dame made the most of its limited opportunities. Wake Forest didn't.
- Jackson scores career-high 27 for No. 19 Notre Dame Updated: Nov-13-15 11:16 pm
SOUTH BEND, Indiana - Demetrius Jackson deflected credit to his teammates for his big night.