- Federal auditors question Tuscaloosa twister funding Updated: Feb-08-16 1:21 pm
TUSCALOOSA, Alabama - Federal auditors say Tuscaloosa improperly received more than $1 million in aid following the monster tornado that struck in 2011.
- A timeline of crimes authorities blamed on Missouri couple Updated: Feb-05-16 12:46 pm
Law enforcement officers have linked Blake Fitzgerald and Brittany Nicole Harper to a spree of abductions and robberies in Missouri, Alabama, Georgia and Florida. A timeline of the crimes, from interviews with law enforcement by The Associated Press and its member news organizations and statements by local police and the U.S. Marshals Service:
- The Latest: Suspected tornado damages Army post in Georgia Updated: Feb-03-16 7:20 pm
The Latest on the winter storm system affecting a broad swath of the Midwest and Southern U.S. (all times local):
- Tornado damage to homes, trees reported in western Alabama Updated: Feb-02-16 7:42 pm
ALICEVILLE, Alabama - A large tornado reported in rural western Alabama left a trail of damage Tuesday evening as powerful storms moved into the state.
- The Latest: Damage reported in Aliceville, storm moving east Updated: Feb-02-16 7:03 pm
BIRMINGHAM, Alabama - The Latest on severe weather in Alabama (all times local):
- Police hunt for Missouri pair linked to Alabama crime spree Updated: Feb-01-16 5:32 pm
VESTAVIA HILLS, Alabama - Alabama authorities on Monday were hunting for a Missouri couple suspected of robbing and abducting a hotel clerk, attempting to rob a McDonald's manager and briefly kidnapping a woman in the Birmingham suburbs before stealing her SUV.
- The Latest: Couple suspected in hotel robbery, abduction Updated: Feb-01-16 4:31 pm
VESTAVIA HILLS, Alabama - The Latest on the search for two suspects in the abduction of a woman from her Alabama home (all times local):
- Northwest Alabama at risk for severe weather Tuesday Updated: Feb-01-16 8:51 am
BIRMINGHAM, Alabama - The National Weather Service says residents of northwest Alabama are at risk for severe weather on Tuesday.
- Tuscaloosa fails in bid for HUD funds Updated: Jan-24-16 10:40 am
TUSCALOOSA, Alabama - After a yearlong competition for a piece of $1 billion pie, the city of Tuscaloosa learned it will receive nothing.
- Quarterman, Simmons lead LSU past Alabama, 72-70 Updated: Jan-23-16 5:10 pm
TUSCALOOSA, Alabama - Tim Quarterman finished what Ben Simmons started for LSU.
- Thousands celebrate Alabama national football title Updated: Jan-23-16 3:10 pm
TUSCALOOSA, Alabama - Alabama football fans turned out by the thousands Saturday to celebrate the Crimson Tide's fourth national championship in seven years, and some already are thinking about another title next season.
- From Tuscaloosa to Atlanta, residents celebrate King legacy Updated: Jan-18-16 4:26 pm
ATLANTA - Residents across the South observed Martin Luther King Day with parades, church services and acts of service Monday.
- South African artist Jonathan Butler headlines concert at UA Updated: Jan-16-16 11:08 am
TUSCALOOSA, Alabama - A South African musician will headline a concert held at the University of Alabama as one of the many events to celebrate the life and work of Rev. Martin Luther King Jr.
- Teen accused in man's shooting death charged with murder Updated: Jan-15-16 7:08 pm
HOOVER, Alabama - A teen has been charged with murder in the shooting death of a military veteran outside his suburban Birmingham home, police said Friday.
- Man receives 3 life sentences for home-invasion robbery Updated: Jan-15-16 5:11 pm
TUSCALOOSA, Alabama - Prosecutors say a man has been sentenced to three life sentences for a home-invasion robbery on New Year's Day in 2014.
- Norris leads Alabama upset of No. 19 South Carolina, 73-50 Updated: Jan-14-16 12:53 am
TUSCALOOSA, Alabama - Alabama's Riley Norris hardly missed from outside and South Carolina struggled to hit from anywhere.
- Hazing trial delayed for 5 at University of Alabama Updated: Jan-13-16 12:56 pm
TUSCALOOSA, Alabama - A judge delayed the trial Wednesday for five one-time University of Alabama fraternity members charged with hazing new members who allegedly were forced to stand in ice water until they had frostbite.
- Crimson Tide returns to Alabama fresh from championship win Updated: Jan-12-16 8:19 pm
TUSCALOOSA, Alabama - For Crimson Tide football fans, championship titles are hardly anything new, yet those who gathered at the Mal Moore Athletic Facility Tuesday said cheering the team after a big win never gets old.
- Tide Turner: Gutsy play helps 'Bama get past Clemson, 45-40 Updated: Jan-12-16 3:26 am
GLENDALE, Arizona - The last step toward making Alabama's run of championships under Nick Saban the greatest in college football history was the toughest.
- Column: With latest title, Saban claims a place in history Updated: Jan-12-16 2:09 am
GLENDALE, Arizona - Step aside, Bear.
- Tuscaloosa turns into party town after Alabama title win Updated: Jan-12-16 1:28 am
TUSCALOOSA, Alabama - Alabama may have won its fourth national championship in seven seasons, but for the students in Tuscaloosa the party never gets old.