- Body of missing fisherman found at San Antonio-area lake Updated: Feb-11-16 9:41 am
SAN ANTONIO - Authorities have recovered the body of a fisherman reported missing when he did not return home from a San Antonio-area lake.
- Leonard lifts Spurs to 98-96 win over the Magic Updated: Feb-10-16 10:45 pm
- Friend of Texas man shot by police wants public's attention Updated: Feb-10-16 10:18 pm
DALLAS - The friend of an unarmed man fatally shot by a San Antonio officer said Wednesday he will try to keep a spotlight on a case that police are still investigating.
- Impact Hack-a-Someone tactic having on NBA is growing issue Updated: Feb-10-16 3:53 pm
MIAMI - San Antonio's first play of the 2008-09 season was designed and executed perfectly. Spurs' center Tim Duncan didn't bother jumping for the opening tap, conceding it to Phoenix's Shaquille O'Neal. Five seconds later, Michael Finley wrapped his arms around O'Neal for an intentional foul.
- Correction: Trooper-Hunting Accident story Updated: Feb-10-16 11:35 am
HARTFORD, Connecticut - In a story Feb. 9 about a Connecticut State Police trooper's death in a hunting accident in Texas, The Associated Press reported erroneously the location of Cinco Ranch. It is about 150 miles southwest of San Antonio, not 20 miles west of Houston.
- Aldridge scores 28 and Spurs run away from Heat, 119-101 Updated: Feb-09-16 11:29 pm
- Condemned killer in San Antonio robbery-slaying loses appeal Updated: Feb-08-16 1:54 pm
HOUSTON - A San Antonio man condemned for a fatal shooting during a robbery 12 years ago has lost a federal appeal, moving him a step closer to execution.
- Sheriff: Texas teen kills mom, 2 neighbors, then himself Updated: Feb-07-16 6:53 pm
McALLEN, Texas - A 19-year-old killed his mother and two neighbors before turning his gun on himself in a shooting that brought SWAT and various emergency vehicles to a rural area in Texas, authorities said Sunday.
- Conservator appointed for South San Antonio school district Updated: Feb-07-16 1:52 pm
SAN ANTONIO - The Texas Education Agency has notified South San Antonio Independent School District officials that it has appointed a conservator to oversee financial management and governance.
- Warriors win 41st straight home game, 116-108 over Thunder Updated: Feb-07-16 1:01 am
OAKLAND, California - With a Super Bowl-sized stage, a celebrity-filled crowd and two championship contenders on the floor, it felt more like late May in Oracle Arena than early February.
- Bryant's 25 points not enough to upset Spurs Updated: Feb-07-16 12:44 am
- Elmore scores 23 with 7 treys as Marshall beats UTSA 109-91 Updated: Feb-06-16 5:14 pm
SAN ANTONIO - Jon Elmore scored 23 points with seven 3-pointers, and James Kelly scored 22 as hot-shooting Marshall thundered past Texas-San Antonio 109-91 on Saturday, breaking 100 points for the second-straight game and beating UTSA for the first time.
- Heroin trafficker in South Texas gets 32 years in prison Updated: Feb-06-16 10:02 am
LAREDO, Texas - A convicted drug trafficker from Laredo has been sentenced to 32 years in prison for helping smuggle heroin from Mexico into Texas.
- Spurs hand Mavs largest halftime deficit in 116-90 blowout Updated: Feb-06-16 1:14 am
DALLAS - A large San Antonio contingent in the Dallas crowd chanted "go, Spurs, go" during a timeout with the Mavericks on their way to the biggest halftime deficit in franchise history.
- Western Kentucky beats Texas-San Antonio 83-70 Updated: Feb-04-16 10:17 pm
SAN ANTONIO - Aaron Cosby scored 21 points and Western Kentucky beat Texas-San Antonio 83-70 on Thursday night.
- Possible wood slivers prompt H-E-B ice cream recall Updated: Feb-04-16 10:12 pm
SAN ANTONIO - H-E-B supermarkets have issued a voluntary recall for its Creamy Creations Caramel Pecan Turtle ice cream over possible wood pieces in the product.
- Spurs star Ginobili out at least a month with groin injury Updated: Feb-04-16 6:11 pm
SAN ANTONIO - Spurs guard Manu Ginobili is out for at least a month after surgery Thursday for a testicle injury he suffered during the team's win over New Orleans earlier this week.
- Federal corruption case snares leaders of South Texas city Updated: Feb-04-16 4:36 pm
DALLAS - Almost every top official in a remote South Texas city was arrested Thursday under a detailed federal indictment that accuses them of taking bribes from contractors and sending city workers to help an illegal gambling operator nicknamed "Mr. T."
- Aldridge scores season-high 36, Spurs beat Pelicans 110-97 Updated: Feb-04-16 12:33 am
SAN ANTONIO - LaMarcus Aldridge and Kawhi Leonard have sought a balance between respecting San Antonio's Big Three and completely taking over the Spurs.
- Texan gets life for 2013 death of Harding University student Updated: Feb-03-16 8:54 pm
SAN ANTONIO - A South Texas man has been sentenced to life imprisonment for fatally stabbing a graduate student as she jogged in a San Antonio park on New Year's Eve 2013.
- Pedestrian dies after hit by patrol vehicle near San Antonio Updated: Feb-03-16 11:09 am
SAN ANTONIO - Investigators say a pedestrian has died after being hit by a law enforcement vehicle on night patrol in the San Antonio area.
- Aldridge scores 28 as Spurs beat Magic 107-92 Updated: Feb-02-16 12:28 am
SAN ANTONIO - LaMarcus Aldridge set the tone for the San Antonio Spurs, and helped them remain undefeated at home this season.
- Green, Thompson picked, giving Warriors 3 NBA All-Stars Updated: Jan-29-16 1:50 am
NEW YORK - Draymond Green and Klay Thompson were picked Thursday for the Western Conference team, giving the NBA champion Golden State Warriors three All-Stars for the first time in 40 years.
- Valero Energy tops Street 4Q forecasts Updated: Jan-28-16 7:36 am
SAN ANTONIO - Valero Energy Corp. (VLO) on Thursday reported fourth-quarter earnings of $298 million.
- Spurs rebound from loss to Warriors, pound Rockets Updated: Jan-28-16 12:19 am
SAN ANTONIO - The San Antonio Spurs were an angry team looking to take out some frustration and they did so swiftly.