- Texas-Permian Basin edges UTSA 90-85 Updated: Nov-29-15 10:50 pm
SAN ANTONIO - Gary Akbar scored 20 points, Billy Dee Williams added 16 more and Division II Texas-Permian Basin held off Texas-San Antonio for a 90-85 win Sunday night.
- San Antonio looks to spend $21 million to lure pro soccer Updated: Nov-29-15 6:06 pm
SAN ANTONIO - Officials in San Antonio have acknowledged their plan to spend $21 million to buy a soccer stadium comes with no guarantees they will be able to lure a franchise from Major League Soccer.
- Mavericks score first 16 points of second half, beat Nuggets Updated: Nov-29-15 12:48 am
DALLAS - The Dallas Mavericks could point to the best defensive quarter in the team's 36-year history for ending a three-game losing streak.
- Leonard scores 22, Spurs shut down Hawks for 5th straight Updated: Nov-29-15 12:25 am
SAN ANTONIO - Atlanta Hawks coach Mike Budenholzer knows what to expect from San Antonio after spending 19 seasons working in the Spurs organization.
- Middle Tennessee tops Texas San Antonio 42-7 Updated: Nov-28-15 6:11 pm
SAN ANTONIO - Brent Stockstill passed for 257 yards and a touchdown, and Middle Tennessee rolled to a 42-7 win over Texas San Antonio on Saturday.
- Leonard scores 25, Spurs beat Nuggets 91-80 Updated: Nov-28-15 1:01 am
DENVER - Kawhi Leonard is on quite a roll. The reigning NBA Defensive Player of the Year also is being noticed for his play on the offensive end.
- Texans mark Thanksgiving Day in big, small ways Updated: Nov-26-15 6:47 pm
Texans renewed their Thanksgiving Day traditions on Thursday and served feasts to those who might otherwise have gone hungry.
- Spurs beat Mavericks 88-83, win third straight Updated: Nov-26-15 12:53 am
SAN ANTONIO - The San Antonio Spurs went to Kawhi Leonard on a critical possession late in the game, not to their Big Three of Tim Duncan, Tony Parker and Manu Ginobili.
- Texas Southern tops Texas-San Antonio 91-80 for first win Updated: Nov-25-15 5:52 pm
LAS VEGAS - Chris Thomas and David Blanks scored 23 points apiece and Texas Southern overcame woeful free throw shooting to defeat Texas-San Antonio 91-80 for its first win of the season on Wednesday.
- Federal judge grants trial delay in BP oil spill fraud case Updated: Nov-25-15 9:47 am
GULFPORT, Mississippi - A federal judge has agreed to delay until Feb. 1 the BP fraud case against San Antonio attorney Mikal Watts and six others.
- Spurs' Parker names cubs at Texas zoo for self, wife, son Updated: Nov-24-15 2:25 pm
SAN ANTONIO - Spurs star Tony Parker had a walk on the wild side this week and has named three African lion cubs at the San Antonio Zoo after his wife, their son and himself.
- Leonard has 24, Spurs defense shines in 98-84 win over Suns Updated: Nov-24-15 12:40 am
- Couple who sued over Texas' ban on gay marriage tie the knot Updated: Nov-23-15 9:19 pm
SAN ANTONIO - One of the same-sex couples who had challenged Texas' constitutional ban on gay marriage has finally tied the knot.
- Central Arkansas gets first win with 98-84 victory over UTSA Updated: Nov-23-15 5:45 pm
LAS VEGAS - Justin Foreman scored 21 points and Central Arkansas claimed its first victory with a 98-84 win over UTSA on Monday.
- Bowie's 33 lead UTSA past Southern Utah 82-79 Updated: Nov-22-15 1:36 am
CEDAR CITY, Utah - Ryan Bowie had a career-high 33 points, including seven of Texas-San Antonio's last eight points on Saturday night to help the Roadrunners hold off Southern Utah 82-79 and get their first win of the season.
- Spurs snap Grizzlies' four-game winning streak, 92-82 Updated: Nov-22-15 12:33 am
SAN ANTONIO - The San Antonio Spurs played poorly, were not sharp and heard all about it during a fiery timeout.
- Williams helps carry UTSA to 34-24 win over Rice Updated: Nov-21-15 10:45 pm
SAN ANTONIO - Jarveon Williams rushed for 163 yards and two touchdowns and UTSA beat Rice 34-24 on Saturday night.
- Man charged with trespass, accused of rude mosque intrusion Updated: Nov-20-15 10:48 pm
SAN ANTONIO - A man was arrested and charged with criminal trespass after the staff of a San Antonio mosque accused him of entering prayer areas, wiping his boots on the prayer rugs and berating mosque workers about their religion.
- Parker scores 25, Spurs beat Nuggets for 6th straight Updated: Nov-19-15 12:52 am
SAN ANTONIO - Tony Parker has spent the better part of the past 14 seasons tumbling violently to the court after driving headfirst into the paint against a mass of big men for a contested layup or a timely pass.
- Spurs' Manu Ginobili out 2 games with hip issue Updated: Nov-18-15 2:27 pm
SAN ANTONIO - Veteran Spurs guard Manu Ginobili will miss the next two games with hip tightness.
- US, Cuba sign first environmental accord since thaw Updated: Nov-18-15 1:16 pm
HAVANA - The United States and Cuba signed an agreement Wednesday to join forces and protect the vast array of fish and corals they share as countries separated by just 90 miles (140 kilometers), the first environmental accord since announcing plans to renew diplomatic relations.
- Texas judicial candidate accused of compelling prostitution Updated: Nov-18-15 10:08 am
SAN ANTONIO - A South Texas judicial candidate has been accused of forcing several women he represented to have sex with him in exchange for legal services.
- Zierden with 24 points, Creighton beats UTSA 103-78 Updated: Nov-17-15 11:11 pm
OMAHA, Nebraska - Isaiah Zierden made five 3-pointers and finished with a career-high 24 points, and Creighton rolled to a 103-78 victory over UTSA on Tuesday night.
- Leonard leads Spurs to 93-80 win over Trail Blazers Updated: Nov-17-15 12:20 am
SAN ANTONIO - The San Antonio Spurs turned to a veteran when they needed a burst of energy.
- Clemson runs away from Texas-San Antonio 78-45 Updated: Nov-15-15 5:44 pm
GREENVILLE, South Carolina - Clemson found its shooting stroke early behind Donte Grantham and went on to a 78-45 victory over Texas-San Antonio on Sunday.