- German rhetoric on Afghan migrants doesn't meet reality Updated: May-29-16 5:13 am
BERLIN - The 75 people stuffed onto the small dinghy watched with horror as the water flowed in, eventually covering bags filled with clothes and mementos from the devastated homes they were fleeing. Jawad, a 25-year-old Afghan, prayed as he huddled with his wife, daughter and infant son.
- Kosovo's first match as a UEFA-FIFA member is vs Faroes Updated: May-21-16 11:52 am
PRISTINA, Kosovo - Kosovo's first match as a full UEFA and FIFA member is against the Faroe Islands in Germany next month.
- UEFA task force to help place Kosovo in World Cup groups Updated: May-18-16 9:58 am
BASEL, Switzerland - Facing problems placing Kosovo in a World Cup qualifying group, UEFA has asked a task force to look into the situation and report back by May 31.
- Kosovo opposition holds peaceful rally, urges govt to resign Updated: May-14-16 10:26 am
PRISTINA, Kosovo - Kosovo opposition supporters have held a rally urging the government to resign, saying it has broken the country's constitution in deals with neighboring Serbia and Montenegro.
- Kosovo, Gibraltar join FIFA before 2018 World Cup qualifying Updated: May-13-16 7:43 pm
MEXICO CITY - Gibraltar and Kosovo became FIFA members on Friday and will be fast-tracked into 2018 World Cup qualifying, which kicks off in Europe in September.
- Think mini golf looks easy? Try making money at it as a pro Updated: May-07-16 10:48 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Professional miniature-golf player Matt Male has already heard all the wisecracks about the windmills, pirate ships and waterfall hazards. So just save it.
- Prosecutor in Kosovo charges 2 with Syria terror offenses Updated: May-06-16 11:14 am
PRISTINA, Kosovo - A Kosovo prosecutor has charged two ethnic Albanians with terror offenses for allegedly joining an Islamic group in Syria.
- Albania midfielder Xhaka injured during Basel title win Updated: May-04-16 9:02 am
BASEL, Switzerland - Swiss champion Basel says Albania midfielder Taulant Xhaka has a leg injury and will be out of action for "several weeks."
- Kosovo elected as UEFA member in 28-24 vote Updated: May-03-16 9:07 am
BUDAPEST, Hungary - Kosovo was given UEFA membership Tuesday, and could now be fast-tracked into FIFA and the 2018 World Cup qualifying program.
- Kosovo airport shuts after flight leaves runway on landing Updated: May-02-16 3:55 pm
PRISTINA, Kosovo - Kosovo's main airport says it has temporarily shut down after a Turkish Airlines flight appeared to have overshot a runway while landing in rainy weather.
- Sports court orders FIFA to admit Gibraltar as member Updated: May-02-16 11:34 am
GENEVA - FIFA has been ordered by sport's highest court to accept Gibraltar as a member, opening the national team's path to play in the 2018 World Cup qualifying program.