- Opponents of rezoning complex petitioning for public vote Updated: Jun-03-15 5:23 am
PORTLAND, Maine - Some residents are petitioning for a referendum that could overturn Portland City Council's decision to grant a rezoning request for the redevelopment of 10 acres on the eastern waterfront.
- LePage visiting Portland to highlight broadband expansion Updated: Jun-03-15 4:34 am
PORTLAND, Maine - Republican Gov. Paul LePage is joining state officials and the chancellor of the University of Maine System to highlight the expansion of broadband network infrastructure in the state.
- Northern New England experiencing cool temps Updated: Jun-02-15 4:06 am
PORTLAND, Maine - June is getting off to a cold start in northern New England.
- Maine newspapers' sale complete; most employees offered jobs Updated: Jun-01-15 6:12 pm
PORTLAND, Maine - The sale of the Portland Press Herald, Kennebec Journal, Morning Sentinel and weekly Coastal Journal newspapers by financier and philanthropist Donald Sussman to MTM Acquisition was completed on Monday.
- Victim of Portland recording studio shooting remembered Updated: Jun-01-15 6:50 am
PORTLAND, Maine - A 19-year-old Westbrook man shot to death at a Portland recording studio last week is being laid to rest.
- Tens of thousands spent on jail for those who fail to pay Updated: May-31-15 3:40 pm
PORTLAND, Maine - A study by the American Civil Liberties Union of Maine shows that taxpayers are spending tens of thousands of dollars a year to jail low-income offenders for failure to pay fines or make restitution payments.
- Maine man to be sentenced for killing at Maine bee farm Updated: May-31-15 12:31 pm
PORTLAND, Maine - A Maine man convicted of killing another man at a North Yarmouth bee farm will be sentenced this week.
- Congressional Gold Medal awarded to civil air patrol pilot Updated: May-31-15 9:50 am
PORTLAND, Maine - A Maine Civil Air Patrol pilot who few anti-submarine patrols during World War II has been awarded a Congressional Gold Medal.
- Nova Star ferry's first sail of the season this week Updated: May-31-15 8:46 am
PORTLAND, Maine - The Nova Star ferry service is back in action this week.
- Maine recovery center to close as overdose deaths rise Updated: May-28-15 6:55 am
WESTBROOK, Maine - Mercy Hospital is closing its substance abuse recovery center in Westbrook, as overdose deaths in Maine soar.
- Beyond craft brews: Just like foodies, beer geeks go local Updated: May-27-15 7:19 pm
PORTLAND, Maine - In a nondescript industrial park, beer geeks line up several times a week outside Bissell Brothers to get the latest batch of fresh beer - much like foodies seeking the freshest baguettes, pomegranates or kale.
- Police: Portland man sold crack close to school Updated: May-27-15 6:50 am
PORTLAND, Maine - Police have arrested a Portland man they say was selling crack cocaine close to a school.
- 1 dead, 1 hurt in shooting at Portland music studio Updated: May-26-15 4:13 pm
PORTLAND, Maine - Portland police are looking for two people in connection with a shooting that killed one man and injured another at a hip-hop recording studio.
- App developer hopes to attract young people to the outdoors Updated: May-26-15 1:13 am
PORTLAND, Maine - A Maine company is hoping to attract younger audiences to national parks by creating free mobile apps.
- Maine police say man fired at car; bullet lodges in car door Updated: May-24-15 3:08 pm
SCARBOROUGH, Maine - Maine police say a South Portland man faces multiple charges after firing a gun at another vehicle in what they described as a "road rage" incident.
- Boston man gets prison for taking 3 to work as prostitutes Updated: May-22-15 11:13 am
BANGOR, Maine - Federal prosecutors say a 28-year-old Boston man has been sentenced to nearly four years in prison for aiding and abetting the interstate transportation of women for prostitution.
- Portland school evacuated because of smoke Updated: May-22-15 10:50 am
PORTLAND, Maine - Officials say a Portland, Maine, middle school has been evacuated because of smoke.
- Portland, Maine, police find body washed up near East End Updated: May-22-15 10:47 am
PORTLAND, Maine - Portland police say they are investigating the discovery of a woman's body that washed up on the shore near the city's East End.
- Maine attorney pleads guilty to child pornography charges Updated: May-22-15 7:38 am
PORTLAND, Maine - A Portland lawyer has been sentenced to three months in jail as part of a plea deal in his child pornography case.
- Portland attorneys OK request for referendum on water views Updated: May-22-15 4:05 am
PORTLAND, Maine - Portland city attorneys say a citizens group's proposal for a referendum to protect scenic waterfront views in the city is suitable for a citywide vote.
- Man dies in motorcycle crash in Portland Updated: May-21-15 9:10 pm
PORTLAND, Maine - A motorcyclist is dead after he crashed into a tree and the bike caught fire in Portland.
- Curry, James unanimous selections to All-NBA first team Updated: May-21-15 3:07 pm
NEW YORK - Golden State's Stephen Curry, the league MVP, and LeBron James are the only unanimous selections to the All-NBA first team.
- Transgender teen who won lawsuit receives Maine award Updated: May-21-15 4:05 am
PORTLAND, Maine - A transgender teen whose lawsuit over bathroom access went to the Maine state supreme court is one of several people and organizations honored by the Maine Women's Fund.
- Biddeford man gets almost 6 years in prison on drug charges Updated: May-19-15 6:32 am
PORTLAND, Maine - A Biddeford man who sold crack cocaine and heroin in the Lewiston area has been sentenced to almost six years in federal prison.
- Police: Woman crashes car through Dunkin' Donuts window Updated: May-18-15 1:50 am
SOUTH PORTLAND, Maine - Officials say no injuries were reported after a driver crashed her car into the glassed-in dining area of a Dunkin' Donuts on Main Street in South Portland.