- Scientists squabble while Africa's only penguins perish Updated: Aug-27-15 11:07 am
CAPE TOWN, South Africa - They're cute, knee-high, they bray like donkeys and are a tourist attraction near Cape Town. But African Penguins - the continent's only species of the flightless bird - are at risk of extinction.
- Pistorius parole board review set for Sept. 18 Updated: Aug-27-15 9:43 am
CAPE TOWN, South Africa - Oscar Pistorius' parole board review will take place on September 18, meaning the Olympic athlete will have to spend at least another three weeks in jail.
- South African cricket team's secret plans end up on Facebook Updated: Aug-19-15 9:09 am
CAPE TOWN, South Africa - The papers outlining secret tactics were meant to be slipped under South African cricketer Dale Steyn's hotel room door on the eve of a game against New Zealand.
- South Africa: 5 dead in crash of ambulance aircraft Updated: Aug-16-15 10:23 am
JOHANNESBURG - A private medical emergency service said all five people on board an ambulance aircraft were killed when it crashed while transporting a patient from Namibia to South Africa.
- South African police says American woman killed in Cape Town Updated: Jul-31-15 6:41 am
JOHANNESBURG - A 39-year-old American woman was killed in a hotel room in Cape Town this week and a murder suspect of Guatemalan origin has been arrested, South African police said Friday.
- Hawks coach enjoying time in Africa after hectic summer Updated: Jul-30-15 6:04 pm
ATLANTA - After a hectic start to the summer, Mike Budenholzer is doing important work in Africa while relishing some quality time with his wife and kids.
- Despite impressive Tour, African cycling team loses sponsor Updated: Jul-29-15 1:38 pm
CAPE TOWN, South Africa - The title sponsor of the African cycling team that made an impressive debut at the Tour de France said Wednesday it was ending its agreement, citing the "normal business practice" of reviewing commercial agreements.