- County to help pay for hepatitis testing for clinic patients Updated: May-18-16 11:55 am
BECKLEY, West Virginia - The Raleigh County Commission has voted to cover some of the testing costs for Raleigh Heart Clinic patients possibly exposed to hepatitis.
- With WVU coming, investors looking at Beckley properties Updated: May-17-16 1:14 pm
BECKLEY, West Virginia - With West Virginia University opening its Beckley campus this fall, investors have been looking at potential properties in the city.
- Another coal lab employee charged in water testing scheme Updated: May-11-16 1:30 pm
BECKLEY, West Virginia - Another employee at a Raleigh County coal industry laboratory has been charged for his part in a scheme to falsify water samples.
- More heart clinic patients notified about hepatitis risk Updated: May-10-16 1:32 pm
BECKLEY, West Virginia - West Virginia health officials are notifying more patients at a heart clinic in Beckley who may have been exposed to hepatitis after four additional cases of hepatitis C were detected by the state Bureau of Public Health.
- West Virginia State Police search for 2 escaped inmates Updated: May-08-16 4:14 pm
BECKLEY, West Virginia - West Virginia State Police are searching for two inmates who escaped from the Beckley Correctional Center.
- Judge certifies class action lawsuit for laid-off miners Updated: May-04-16 1:04 pm
BECKLEY, West Virginia - A lawsuit filed by miners who say they were unlawfully laid off in Wyoming County has been certified as a class action.
- Virginia man admits faking cancer scheme Updated: May-04-16 10:29 am
BECKLEY, West Virginia - A Virginia man has admitted to a phony cancer scheme involving The Greenbrier resort.
- Search for help a key to dealing with child's autism Updated: Apr-30-16 2:09 pm
BECKLEY, West Virginia - Kelly Thompson grieves for the days before her 6-year-old son Wyatt became a full-time student. Those long, lazy days she enjoyed spending at home with her little boy.
- West Virginia doc sentenced in drug, health care fraud case Updated: Apr-27-16 5:48 pm
BECKLEY, West Virginia - A Beckley pain clinic doctor has been sentenced to eight years in federal prison for illegally prescribing a controlled substance and submitting false health care claims.
- Mobile app to give self-guided tours of scenic byway Updated: Apr-27-16 6:50 am
BECKLEY, West Virginia - An organization has created a mobile app that will give people self-guided tours of a 44-mile scenic byway near Beckley.