- Guam airport completes runway expansion Updated: Jul-28-15 9:05 am
HAGATNA, Guam - Guam is looking for airline partners to fly direct from the island to the U.S. West Coast now that it has completed construction of a longer runway.
- Ancestors reburied after remains found during construction Updated: Jul-26-15 6:14 am
HAGATNA, Guam - Jeremy Cepeda recently sang and recited Chamorro words soulfully in front of a small group in a part of Inarajan that has kept much of its greenery, away from a home or building.
- Attorney wants citizenship lawsuit heard again Updated: Jul-23-15 2:50 pm
HAGATNA, Guam - An attorney wants the D.C. Circuit Court of Appeals to review a decision by a panel of judges that says people born in American Samoa are not guaranteed citizenship.
- Judge reduces bail for police officer facing murder charge Updated: Jul-15-15 1:10 pm
HAGATNA, Guam - A Superior Court of Guam judge has reduced the bail amount for a Guam Police Department officer facing a murder charge in the shooting death of a fellow officer.
- Guam officer arrested after another officer's death Updated: Jul-13-15 3:20 pm
HAGATNA, Guam - Guam police have arrested an officer on suspicion of murder after the fatal shooting of a 15-year veteran of the force.
- Battle against destructive beetles hits hurdle Updated: Jul-12-15 8:07 am
HAGATNA, Guam - Guam's war against the coconut rhinoceros beetles, which have ravaged many coconut trees, has become more challenging, an expert said.
- Pacific islands cable breaks, cutting off phones, Internet Updated: Jul-09-15 11:50 pm
HAGATNA, Guam - Technicians are restoring telephone and Internet service in the U.S Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands after a break in undersea cable disconnected the islands from the rest of the world.
- FAA investigating after Korean Air flight goes off runway Updated: Jul-09-15 9:04 am
HAGATNA, Guam - The Federal Aviation Administration is investigating after a Korean Air flight went off the side of the runway after landing at the Guam International Airport.
- Territory governor commutes predecessor's prison sentence Updated: Jul-07-15 1:42 pm
HAGATNA, Guam - The former governor of a territory west of Hawaii who pleaded guilty to corruption charges in May is getting medical treatment instead of prison time.
- Guam considers bill to raise smoking age to 21 Updated: Jul-07-15 9:05 am
HAGATNA, Guam - The Guam legislature is considering a bill that could raise the legal age to purchase tobacco products and electronic cigarettes from 18 to 21.
- Slow-moving storm near Guam downgraded to tropical storm Updated: Jul-03-15 9:13 am
HAGATNA, Guam - A slow-moving storm that had Guam residents bracing for a typhoon has been downgraded to a tropical storm, but the National Weather Service says the erratic system could regain strength and develop into a typhoon later this weekend.