- Nebraska AP high school football rankings Updated: Sep-01-15 7:33 am
Here are the Associated Press Nebraska high school football rankings in Classes A through D2. Listings include name of school, season record, previous week's result and this week's opponent. The rankings are based on a formula that includes ratings from the Omaha World-Herald and Lincoln Journal Star plus experts for each class. Class A: Dale Miller, Grand Island Independent. Class B: Jeff Fielder, Scottsbluff Star-Herald. Class C1: Tom Behmer, Norfolk Daily News. Class C2: Brent Wasinius, Fremont Tribune. Class D1: Andrew Bottrell, North Platte Telegraph. Class D2: Nick Blasnitz, Hastings Tribune.
- Victorino crashes into wall and it falls in Angels' loss Updated: Sep-01-15 2:56 am
OAKLAND, California - Shane Victorino crashed into the wall left field and down it came. The ball eluded him, too.
- Mark Canha hits 3-run HR as Athletics beat Angels 11-5 Updated: Sep-01-15 2:44 am
OAKLAND, California - In less than a month with Oakland, Danny Valencia has learned plenty about his ballpark's quirks. From sewage problems to a rally opossum, and now an outfield wall coming down at the decrepit Coliseum.
- Angels, A's delayed in 5th for broken outfield fence Updated: Sep-01-15 12:26 am
OAKLAND, California - A piece of the outfield wall in Oakland fell down after Los Angeles left fielder Shane Victorino crashed into it, causing a 10-minute delay as players briefly returned to their dugouts Monday night in a game between the Angels and Athletics.
- 2 Southwest Airlines plane clip wing tips in California Updated: Aug-31-15 11:07 am
OAKLAND, California - Authorities say two commercial airliners clipped wing tips at the Oakland International Airport in California, but no injuries were reported.
- Starting offenses struggle, Cardinals beat Raiders 30-23 Updated: Aug-31-15 12:51 am
OAKLAND, California - Even though Carson Palmer spent much of the first half on his back and running from the Oakland defense, Arizona coach Bruce Arians is not concerned about his offensive line.
- Raiders waive second-year safety Jonathan Dowling Updated: Aug-29-15 4:51 pm
ALAMEDA, California - The Oakland Raiders have waived safety Jonathan Dowling, making the move a day before their third preseason game.
- Dead whale in Oakland Estuary was struck by ship Updated: Aug-28-15 10:53 pm
ALAMEDA, California - Scientists say a dead whale found floating in the Oakland Estuary was struck by a ship.
- TV shooting survivor's husband recounts story before gunfire Updated: Aug-28-15 7:30 pm
ROANOKE, Virginia - The woman who survived the on-air shooting that killed two TV journalists says she never saw the gunman walk up to the group because the camera's bright light blinded her.
- Raiders still seeking to identify backup running back Updated: Aug-28-15 4:33 pm
ALAMEDA, California - With a starting running back that hasn't had more than 100 carries in a season since entering the NFL, the Oakland Raiders know they will likely have to count on some of their backups to generate a consistent running game this season.
- Police: Oakland officer shoots suspect who beat her Updated: Aug-27-15 8:47 pm
OAKLAND, California - A police officer shot and killed a man who beat her with a metal chain after attacking another woman Thursday, authorities said.
- Oakland man sentenced for shooting boy who beat up teen son Updated: Aug-27-15 8:20 pm
HAYWARD, California - An Oakland man who shot and wounded a 16-year-old boy for beating up his son has been sentenced to 35 years to life in state prison.
- Raiders LB Sio Moore fighting for spot on team Updated: Aug-27-15 6:57 pm
ALAMEDA, California - Despite being one of Oakland's best defensive players his first two years in the NFL, Sio Moore is just fighting for a spot on the team this season.
- Traffic stop leads to pot seizure, Oakland man's arrest Updated: Aug-27-15 9:03 am
SANTA ROSA, California - The California Highway Patrol has seized 225 pounds of marijuana from an Oakland man who was pulled over on Highway 101.
- Former broadcaster in TV shooting was a volatile, angry man Updated: Aug-27-15 4:38 am
Even after gunning down a TV news reporter and cameraman during a live interview, Vester Lee Flanagan II continued to rage. But after a volatile career that had seen him fired at least twice for clashing with co-workers who recall him as an off-kilter loner, this would be the former broadcaster's last, brutal sign-off.
- Another law enforcement officer gun stolen in the Bay Area Updated: Aug-26-15 11:04 pm
HAYWAYRD, California - Authorities say a Hayward police officer's gun was stolen during a car burglary in Oakland, marking at least the third such theft in the Bay Area in recent months.
- In TV shooting, a volatile, angry man 'waiting to go BOOM' Updated: Aug-26-15 9:00 pm
Long before he filmed himself gunning down a TV reporter and cameraman during a live broadcast Wednesday, the man identified as the killer traced a twisted and volatile career path that saw him fired from at least two stations for conflicts with co-workers, leaving memories of an "off-kilter" loner easily angered by office humor.
- Raiders excited about upgraded facilities Updated: Aug-26-15 7:50 pm
ALAMEDA, California - The Oakland Raiders finally have a state-of-the-art training facility even if they are still searching for a permanent home.
- Developer: Raiders stadium in Oakland, California, feasible Updated: Aug-25-15 10:13 pm
OAKLAND, California - A San Diego businessman says his latest plan for a new Raiders stadium in the city of Oakland has a 50-50 chance of succeeding, but he's revealing little else about it.
- 20 residents displaced by Oakland apartment walkway collapse Updated: Aug-25-15 10:23 am
OAKLAND, California - Twenty apartment complex residents are being temporarily displaced after a cracked walkway collapsed in Oakland.
- Ron Washington promoted to old job as A's third base coach Updated: Aug-24-15 3:44 pm
OAKLAND, California - Ron Washington is back in the dugout where he got his big league start as a coach, promoted to his old position as third base coach for the Oakland Athletics on Monday after the club dismissed Mike Gallego.
- Raiders coaching staff has impressive playing credentials Updated: Aug-24-15 1:56 pm
NAPA, California - The Oakland Raiders added an impressive group this offseason. They brought in 10 men who combined for 102 years of playing experience with 15 Pro Bowl appearances, five All-Pro selections and one Hall of Fame induction.
- A's score 7 in seventh to beat Rays 8-2 Updated: Aug-23-15 7:13 pm
- Woman hopes to run cat cafe in Grand Island Updated: Aug-22-15 10:58 am
GRAND ISLAND, Nebraska - If Cara Hunter's vision becomes a reality, Grand Island will join an exclusive club of U.S. cities.
- Court rejects Oakland lawsuit over marijuana dispensary Updated: Aug-20-15 8:11 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - The federal government's decision to try to seize the property of a large medical marijuana dispensary cannot be second-guessed by a court, a federal appeals court ruled Thursday as it rejected a lawsuit by a California city that wants to keep the dispensary open.