- Dodgers rally in 7th for dramatic 10-7 win over Oakland Updated: Jul-30-15 1:47 am
LOS ANGELES - Pinch-hitter Kike Hernandez delivered the go-ahead, two-run double during the Dodgers' five-run seventh inning, and Los Angeles rallied from a three-run deficit for a wild 10-7 victory over the Oakland Athletics on Wednesday night.
- Alameda County wants out of stadium deal with Raiders, NFL Updated: Jul-29-15 11:22 pm
OAKLAND, California - Alameda County officials say they want out of a plan to build a new football stadium for the Raiders in the San Francisco Bay Area.
- Patriots sign cornerback Tarell Brown Updated: Jul-29-15 6:11 pm
FOXBOROUGH, Massachusetts - The New England Patriots signed free-agent cornerback Tarell Brown on Wednesday. Terms of the deal weren't announced.
- Dodgers can't touch Gray in 3rd straight loss, 2-0 to A's Updated: Jul-29-15 1:50 am
LOS ANGELES - Sonny Gray's masterful pitching and Justin Turner's mysterious leg infection combined to ruin another homecoming for the Los Angeles Dodgers.
- Mets reliever Mejia banned for year for positive drug test Updated: Jul-29-15 12:09 am
NEW YORK - Just back from an 80-game drug suspension, New York Mets reliever Jenrry Mejia was banned for an additional 162 games Tuesday by Major League Baseball following a second positive test for performance-enhancing substances.
- Royals acquire versatile Ben Zobrist from A's Updated: Jul-28-15 9:29 pm
CLEVELAND - Back in college, Ben Zobrist once kicked Ned Yost out of his apartment.
- A's GM Billy Beane remains optimistic about new ballpark Updated: Jul-27-15 11:57 pm
OAKLAND, California - Athletics general manager Billy Beane remains optimistic Oakland will get a new ballpark.
- Mets acquire reliever Tyler Clippard from Athletics Updated: Jul-27-15 10:38 pm
NEW YORK - The active New York Mets acquired first-rate reliever Tyler Clippard from Oakland for a minor league pitcher Monday, completing their second trade in four days and sending another signal they're serious about contending this year.
- Hudson beats his former A's, now has W against all 30 teams Updated: Jul-26-15 8:35 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - The Oakland Athletics put two runners aboard with none out in the ninth against one of their former relievers, Santiago Casilla. San Francisco's closer worked out of it, securing a win for Giants starter Tim Hudson against his first major league team.
- Hudson beats his former A's, now has W against all 30 teams Updated: Jul-26-15 8:27 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Tim Hudson knows almost nobody around the ever-changing Oakland Athletics anymore. That didn't make defeating his former team for the first time any less sweet.
- FBI arrests activists accused of releasing 5,740 mink Updated: Jul-24-15 11:58 pm
OAKLAND, California - Two animal-rights activists have been charged with terrorizing the fur industry during cross-country road trips in which they released about 5,740 mink from farms and vandalized the homes and businesses of industry members, the FBI said Friday.
- Prosecutors file murder charges in police sergeant's death Updated: Jul-24-15 4:32 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Prosecutors have filed murder charges against a San Francisco Bay Area man accused of callously shooting a police sergeant in the head during a traffic stop earlier this week, a move that has rattled a the suburban city where the officer served and the law enforcement community throughout Northern California.
- Martin, Donaldson homer to help Blue Jays power past A's 5-2 Updated: Jul-23-15 8:17 pm
OAKLAND, California - The highest-scoring offense in the majors is heating up at the right time.
- After Kazmir gets traded, Athletics lose to Blue Jays 5-2 Updated: Jul-23-15 7:33 pm
OAKLAND, California - The veterans on the Oakland Athletics - the few who have been on the team long enough to understand, anyway - have grown accustomed to watching teammates get traded away unexpectedly.
- Ervin Santana mows down Angels in 3-0 victory for Twins Updated: Jul-23-15 7:02 pm
ANAHEIM, California - Ervin Santana has been worth the wait for the Minnesota Twins.
- A's trade Kazmir to his hometown Astros for 2 minor leaguers Updated: Jul-23-15 6:53 pm
OAKLAND, California - Scott Kazmir is heading to his hometown Houston Astros and into the thick of a pennant race, and the Oakland Athletics are starting their summer sell-off.
- A's OF Sam Fuld still finds new challenges with diabetes Updated: Jul-22-15 11:59 pm
OAKLAND, California - Sam Fuld jogs to the outfield each inning with enough gum in his back pocket to give him a quick boost of carbohydrates if his blood sugar dips.
- Police make arrest in California officer's shooting death Updated: Jul-22-15 11:41 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - A San Francisco Bay Area police sergeant was shot and killed during an early morning traffic stop Wednesday, and the man suspected in the shooting has been placed under arrest at a hospital where he is being treated for gunshot wounds, authorities said.
- Donaldson returns to Oakland as an All-Star with Blue Jays Updated: Jul-22-15 12:56 am
OAKLAND, California - Josh Donaldson had a little extra time to reflect on his tenure with the Athletics during his first trip back to the aging Oakland Coliseum.
- Oakland teen killed after crashing car into funeral home Updated: Jul-21-15 10:59 am
OAKLAND, California - A 17-year-old boy is dead after crashing his car into a San Francisco Bay Area funeral home.
- Man dies wedged between buildings after fleeing traffic stop Updated: Jul-21-15 1:25 am
OAKLAND, California - Authorities say a 23-year-old man who fled from Oakland police during a traffic stop was found dead while wedged in a thin gap between two buildings.
- Josh Reddick hits grand slam, Athletics slug past Twins 14-1 Updated: Jul-19-15 8:17 pm
OAKLAND, California - Jake Smolinski has made a big impression with his bat in less than 24 hours of his first home games for Oakland.
- Twins GM Ryan disappointed club couldn't sign pick Cody Updated: Jul-17-15 10:51 pm
OAKLAND, California - Minnesota Twins general manager Terry Ryan expressed disappointment Friday that the club and Kentucky right-hander Kyle Cody failed to reach agreement after the pitcher was selected 73rd overall in last month's amateur draft.
- Oakland pauses plan to sell land for luxury high-rise Updated: Jul-17-15 5:17 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Oakland has paused a plan to sell land for a luxury high-rise in the sparkling Lake Merritt district, possibly killing the idea after months of protests by housing advocates, a councilmember said Friday.
- Mysterious donor gives $34M to Oakland schools, nonprofits Updated: Jul-15-15 1:06 am
OAKLAND, California - An anonymous person has donated $34 million dollars to the Oakland Unified School District and dozens of nonprofit organizations to help children and low-income entrepreneurs.