- Warriors make NBA history as first team to start season 16-0 Updated: Nov-25-15 2:10 am
OAKLAND, California - Interim coach Luke Walton believes the time will come when the Golden State Warriors finally lose a game.
- Man charged with killing artist working on peace mural Updated: Nov-24-15 10:23 pm
OAKLAND, California - The man charged with gunning down an artist as he worked on a mural in Oakland had to be forcibly removed from a courtroom Tuesday after he began shouting expletives at a judge reading a litany of charges against him.
- Raiders losing streak dampens playoff talk Updated: Nov-24-15 6:44 pm
ALAMEDA, California - Earlier this month, Oakland Raiders safety Charles Woodson wanted his teammates to embrace the idea of talking about the playoffs.
- Suspect charged with stealing Warriors interim coach's car Updated: Nov-24-15 11:41 am
OAKLAND, California - An Oakland man has been charged with stealing a car belonging to interim Golden State Warriors' coach Luke Walton.
- Oakland police detain person of interest in muralist slaying Updated: Nov-23-15 10:18 pm
OAKLAND, California - A person of interest in the slaying of an artist who was shot to death while working on a community mural in a freeway underpass is in custody, authorities said Monday.
- Del Rio's concerns go beyond non-challenge for Raiders Updated: Nov-23-15 9:38 pm
ALAMEDA, California - Oakland coach Jack Del Rio defended his decision not to challenge a play that might have helped sustain a drive by the Raiders' sputtering offense in the second quarter of Sunday's loss to the Detroit Lions.
- Latest from the NFL: Packers snap three-game skid Updated: Nov-22-15 8:00 pm
The latest from NFL games around the league on the 11th Sunday of the season (all times EST):
- Athletics add versatile lefty Rich Hill on $6 million deal Updated: Nov-20-15 8:45 pm
OAKLAND, California - In a matter of months, Rich Hill's remarkable path to rejoining a rotation took him from Washington's farm system to independent ball on Long Island and then back to Boston to start in September.
- A's get Hendriks from Blue Jays for Chavez Updated: Nov-20-15 8:12 pm
- After-hours club raided in Oakland, drugs found, 2 arrested Updated: Nov-20-15 10:20 am
OAKLAND, California - Authorities say an underground after-hours club in downtown Oakland was busted and its operators arrested for selling alcohol without a license and possessing drugs.
- Man tied to 3 Northern California killings found dead Updated: Nov-20-15 10:09 am
OAKLAND, California - Authorities say an 18-year old Oakland man who was wanted in three separate killings in three Northern California cities was found dead in a motel room after a stand-off with police.
- Janitor arrested for secretly recording women using restroom Updated: Nov-20-15 12:28 am
OAKLAND, California - Authorities say a janitor who worked in an Oakland office building is facing numerous charges for allegedly hiding a phone in a restroom to secretly record women.
- Ex-church member to face trial on embezzlement charges Updated: Nov-20-15 12:10 am
HAYWARD, California - A judge has ordered a Vallejo man to stand trial on charges he stole about $587,000 from charitable organizations he led on behalf of one of Oakland's most popular churches.
- Raiders suddenly struggling to stop the run Updated: Nov-19-15 6:15 pm
ALAMEDA, California - Defensive coordinator Ken Norton Jr. has no shortage of reasons why the Oakland Raiders have gone from owning one of the best run defenses to one of the worst.
- Arizona's Palmer: 'It's not just another game' Updated: Nov-18-15 8:00 pm
TEMPE, Arizona - A little over four years ago, Carson Palmer was home, away from football without pay, in a bitter stalemate with Cincinnati Bengals owner Mike Brown.
- Raiders move on after suspension of Aldon Smith Updated: Nov-18-15 6:09 pm
ALAMEDA, California - Ever since Aldon Smith signed with the Oakland Raiders just before the start of the season, the prospect of a league-imposed suspension was a cloud over him.
- Raiders linebacker Aldon Smith suspended a year Updated: Nov-17-15 11:42 pm
ALAMEDA, California - Oakland Raiders linebacker Aldon Smith was suspended Tuesday by the NFL for one calendar year because of violations of the league's substance-abuse policy.
- Peterson helps Vikings run past Raiders 30-14 Updated: Nov-16-15 4:32 am
OAKLAND, California - A game billed as a matchup between emerging second-year quarterbacks Teddy Bridgewater and Derek Carr was overshadowed by a more established star.
- Peterson helps Vikings run past Raiders 30-14 Updated: Nov-16-15 12:24 am
OAKLAND, California - Two months after leaving the Bay Area stung by a lopsided season-opening loss, the Minnesota Vikings head home from their second trip to the West Coast in a much happier spot.
- Oakland police officers fatally shoot man at car 'sideshow' Updated: Nov-16-15 12:04 am
OAKLAND, California - Authorities said several Oakland police officers have fatally shot a man who pointed a gun at them as they were towing vehicles involved in an illegal "sideshow."
- Ivy in MLB more than Wrigley walls as teams hire brainy GMs Updated: Nov-14-15 11:25 am
BOCA RATON, Florida - Major League Baseball's general managers have become the brainy bunch.
- Raiders plan to activate Nate Allen from IR Updated: Nov-13-15 5:02 pm
ALAMEDA, California - The longest wait of Oakland Raiders safety Nate Allen's career is finally over.
- Murray, Cooper return to practice with Raiders Updated: Nov-12-15 5:55 pm
ALAMEDA, California - Oakland Raiders running back Latavius Murray practiced Thursday for the first time since suffering a concussion and is optimistic about his chances of playing against Minnesota.
- A's hire Mark Kotsay as bench coach on Bob Melvin's staff Updated: Nov-12-15 3:37 pm
OAKLAND, California - Former outfielder Mark Kotsay has aspirations to be a manager one day, and he'll get an up-close glimpse at the job next season as bench coach with his former Oakland team.
- Disney CEO agrees to join Raiders-Chargers stadium venture Updated: Nov-12-15 12:18 am