- Maine man gets 7 years in prison for driving drunk Updated: Jul-02-15 8:22 am
AUGUSTA, Maine - A Maine man has been sentenced to seven years behind bars for his ninth drunken driving conviction, a longer prison term than prosecutors sought.
- Maine lawmakers override LePage's veto of $6.7B state budget Updated: Jun-30-15 11:07 pm
AUGUSTA, Maine - Maine lawmakers overturned Republican Gov. Paul LePage's veto of the $6.7 billion state budget Tuesday as they raced through dozens of remaining bills so they could head home to their districts for the summer.
- Maine lawmakers return this week for veto override votes Updated: Jun-28-15 8:20 am
AUGUSTA, Maine - After a few days off, Maine lawmakers will head back to Augusta this week to consider dozens of bills vetoed by Republican Gov. Paul LePage.
- Civil war re-enactors converge on Augusta, Maine Updated: Jun-27-15 9:10 am
AUGUSTA, Maine - Civil War re-enactors are participating in a weekend event in Augusta depicting the Confederate surrender at Appomattox Court House.
- Maine's large metro area bucks national commuting trends Updated: Jun-26-15 10:45 am
PORTLAND, Maine - Workers in Maine's largest metropolitan area enjoy shorter commuting times than the national average despite the area's status as an employment hub for the state.
- Winthrop woman charged with embezzling from church Updated: Jun-23-15 6:29 am
AUGUSTA, Maine - A former office manager and treasurer at a Winthrop church has been indicted on charges she embezzled about $30,000 in church funds.
- More than a dozen teens cited in underage drinking party Updated: Jun-22-15 4:50 am
AUGUSTA, Maine - Augusta Police issued 15 summonses to teens after police broke up an underage drinking party.
- Beyond the budget: A look at other Maine bills still in play Updated: Jun-20-15 12:29 pm
AUGUSTA, Maine - Debate over the $6.7 billion Maine budget dominated discussions at the Statehouse this week, but lawmakers were also busy slogging through dozens of bills as they try to wrap up their work for the year.
- AARP event focuses on senior scams Updated: Jun-11-15 4:10 am
AUGUSTA, Maine - Maine Attorney General Janet Mills is the keynote speaker at a daylong event focusing on common scams and fraud in Maine.
- Children: Maine woman missing in Nepal likely dead Updated: Jun-10-15 6:47 am
AUGUSTA, Maine - The children of a Maine woman who was hiking in Nepal when an earthquake struck the nation have acknowledged that their mother is likely dead.
- Maine man sentenced to 4 years in mail theft conspiracy Updated: Jun-09-15 4:56 pm
BANGOR, Maine - Federal prosecutors say a 32-year-old Augusta, Maine, man was sentenced to four years in prison for his role in conspiracy to steal mail.
- Maine man sentenced for beating panhandler with crutches Updated: Jun-05-15 6:52 am
AUGUSTA, Maine - A 55-year-old Gardiner man who used his metal crutches to beat a panhandler he thought was scamming the public has been sentenced to 23 days in jail.