- Rubio comes under withering criticism in Republican debate Updated: Feb-07-16 3:21 am
MANCHESTER, New Hampshire - Marco Rubio faced withering criticism of his readiness to be president and his policy depth in the last Republican debate before Tuesday's New Hampshire primary, as New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie and other candidates launched an aggressive campaign to slow the Florida senator's rise.
- New Hampshire edges Binghamton 59-55 Updated: Feb-06-16 6:12 pm
BINGHAMTON, New York - Tanner Leissner had 21 points, Jaleen Smith had 16 and they made all the big plays down the stretch to give New Hampshire a 59-55 win over Binghamton on Saturday.
- Editorials from around New England Updated: Feb-06-16 1:17 pm
Excerpts of recent editorials of statewide and national interest from New England newspapers:
- More than 5,700 charged under Joshua's Law since inception Updated: Feb-06-16 1:07 pm
CONCORD, New Hampshire - In 2014, New Hampshire enacted a law that expressly created a domestic violence charge to cover cases of abuse involving intimate partners. The enactment of a specific domestic violence charge allowed the names to be entered into a federal database that prohibits people convicted of such charges from purchasing or possessing a firearm. Here at a glance are key details of what is known as Joshua's Law:
- New Hampshire officials monitor beach, marsh for bacteria Updated: Feb-06-16 12:32 pm
HAMPTON, New Hampshire - New Hampshire officials are continuing to monitor Hampton Beach and a nearby salt marsh for bacteria after a sewer main failure earlier in the week.
- More than 55,000 Granite Staters enroll in ACA health plans Updated: Feb-06-16 12:05 pm
CONCORD, New Hampshire - Federal officials say more than 55,000 New Hampshire residents enrolled in health insurance plans under the Affordable Care Act during the most recent enrollment period.
- NYC council speaker campaigns for Clinton in New Hampshire Updated: Feb-06-16 11:54 am
NEW YORK - New York City Council Speaker Melissa Mark-Viverito is traveling to New Hampshire to campaign for Hillary Clinton.
- New Hampshire sanitation worker pinned between vehicles Updated: Feb-06-16 11:53 am
PORTSMOUTH, New Hampshire - New Hampshire state police say a Portsmouth sanitation worker sustained life-threatening injuries when the driver of a car lost controlled and pinned him between both vehicles.
- New Hampshire fast food workers gear up for 1st strike Updated: Feb-06-16 11:03 am
MANCHESTER, New Hampshire - Fast food workers are set to walk off the job in New Hampshire's largest city to demand an hourly wage of $15 and union rights.
- Beacon Hill lawmakers head north for New Hampshire primary Updated: Feb-06-16 9:56 am
BOSTON - The New Hampshire primary is just days away and that can only mean one thing in neighboring Massachusetts - a mass exodus of elected officials from Beacon Hill to the frozen north to stump for the candidate of their choice.
- Annual ice harvest goes on in Tamworth, New Hampshire Updated: Feb-06-16 9:11 am
TAMWORTH, New Hampshire - The annual Ice Harvest and Winter Carnival gets underway Saturday at Remick Farm and Museum in Tamworth.
- Casey campaigning in New Hampshire for Hillary Clinton Updated: Feb-06-16 3:01 am
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - Pennsylvania Sen. Bob Casey is heading to New Hampshire to campaign for Hillary Clinton ahead of that state's first-in-the-nation primary on Tuesday.
- Town's 100th annual winter carnival opens, minus some snow Updated: Feb-05-16 8:47 pm
NEWPORT, New Hampshire - Residents of the small New Hampshire town of Newport are launching their 100th annual winter carnival with a tribute to its roots and a grudging acceptance that climate change can wreak havoc with the schedule of events.
- The Latest: 6-year-old hit by falling tree limb dies Updated: Feb-05-16 8:10 pm
BOSTON - The Latest on a winter storm that dropped more than a foot of snow on some areas of the Northeast (all times local):
- Massachusetts Gov. Baker endorses Christie in GOP primary Updated: Feb-05-16 4:31 pm
BOSTON - Massachusetts Gov. Charlie Baker endorsed New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie in the Republican presidential primary on Friday, arguing that Christie is best suited to govern in Washington's highly partisan environment.
- Md. Gov. Hogan to campaign for Christie in New Hampshire Updated: Feb-05-16 11:59 am
ANNAPOLIS, Maryland - Maryland Gov. Larry Hogan is planning to campaign for New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie in New Hampshire this weekend.
- Arnold, Montel back Kasich presidential bid as NH vote nears Updated: Feb-05-16 11:46 am
In answer to New Hampshire voters flocking to The Donald, John Kasich (KAY'-sik) is battling his Republican presidential rival by bringing in The Arnold - and former television host Montel Williams.
- Many schools closed as snowstorm hits New Hampshire Updated: Feb-05-16 8:04 am
CONCORD, New Hampshire - At least 200 schools have been closed as snow makes its way across much of New Hampshire.
- Donald Trump breaks from New Hampshire to stump in SC Updated: Feb-05-16 4:31 am
FLORENCE, South Carolina - Republican presidential hopeful Donald Trump is interrupting his busy campaign schedule in New Hampshire to campaign in South Carolina.
- Officials to begin sending out Pease well blood test results Updated: Feb-05-16 4:25 am
PORTSMOUTH, New Hampshire - State officials say they will begin sending out results to Portsmouth residents who had their blood tested for possible exposure to contaminated water at the former Pease Air Force Base.
- Diplomats from 7 countries learning about primary Updated: Feb-05-16 4:02 am
MANCHESTER, New Hampshire - Diplomats from around the world are spending several days in New Hampshire attending rallies, campaign briefings and political party dinners as they get a close look at the first-in-the-nation presidential primary.
- The Latest: Senate Democrats laud Hassan's speech, goals Updated: Feb-04-16 5:15 pm
CONCORD, New Hampshire - The Latest on Gov. Maggie Hassan's State of the State address: (all times local):
- In 2nd state of state, Hassan says drug abuse fight not over Updated: Feb-04-16 4:30 pm
CONCORD, New Hampshire - With her Statehouse term winding down and her U.S. Senate campaign beginning, Gov. Maggie Hassan used her final State of the State address Thursday to argue that fighting the opioid crisis, reauthorizing Medicaid expansion and investing in workforce development are equally important to New Hampshire's economic success.
- 81-year-old nun accused of driving away after car accident Updated: Feb-04-16 4:30 pm
PLAISTOW, New Hampshire - An 81-year-old nun has been accused of getting in a car accident in a New Hampshire department store parking lot and then driving away.
- Cruz: border security needed to stop addiction 'epidemic' Updated: Feb-04-16 4:08 pm
HOOKSETT, New Hampshire - Republican Ted Cruz shared the deeply personal story of his sister's overdose death as he campaigned across New Hampshire on Thursday, describing "an epidemic" of addiction that has destroyed lives in his family and across the nation.