- Man, child found dead after domestic dispute in OC home Updated: May-28-15 1:50 am
RANCHO SANTA MARGARITA, California - Authorities say a man and child have been found dead inside an Orange County home.
- Lee's Sandwiches recalls 213,000 pounds of meat Updated: May-26-15 6:15 am
SANTA ANA, California - Fast-food restaurant Lee's Sandwiches has recalled 213,000 pounds of meat because it bore unauthorized United States Department of Agriculture marks of inspection, despite having not been inspected properly.
- Couple missing 2 weeks in California drank rain, ate oranges Updated: May-25-15 10:20 pm
WARNER SPRINGS, California - An elderly husband and wife stranded for two weeks in Southern California's high desert ate oranges and a pie and drank rain water that they collected in cups, but the 79-year-old husband died at some point before the couple's rescue, authorities said Monday.
- Drought forces landscapers to adapt Updated: May-24-15 4:44 pm
SANTA ANA, California - The drought that's gripping California is beginning to reshape the landscaping industry.
- Irvine neighborhood nervous after coyote attacks toddler Updated: May-24-15 2:47 pm
IRVINE, California - The neighborhood near Irvine's Silverado Park is on edge following a coyote's attack on a 2-year-old girl.
- Coyote bites Irvine 3-year-old, leaving minor wounds Updated: May-23-15 5:17 pm
IRVINE, California - A 3-year-old Irvine girl has minor wounds after being bitten by a coyote.
- No charges for Santa Ana mayor in land swap case Updated: May-22-15 11:29 pm
SANTA ANA, California - No criminal charges will be filed against Santa Ana's mayor for a land swap deal with a city contractor, prosecutors said Friday.
- 2 men charged in California in terrorism probe Updated: May-22-15 7:28 pm
SANTA ANA, California - Two California men arrested by the FBI aspired to join the Islamic State group and bought a plane ticket for one of them to travel to Turkey with the hope of becoming a martyr, federal prosecutors said Friday.
- Man sentenced to 13 years in prison in Halloween hit-and-run Updated: May-21-15 8:19 pm
SANTA ANA, California - An Orange County man has been sentenced to more than 13 years in state prison for killing three teenage trick-or-treaters in a hit-and-run on Halloween.
- Santa Ana animal control takes 19 neglected dogs from home Updated: May-20-15 6:15 am
SANTA ANA, California - Santa Ana animal control officers seized 19 neglected dogs from a home after receiving a complaint.
- OC attorney charged with 'birthing house' witness tampering Updated: May-18-15 4:23 pm
SANTA ANA, California - An Orange County lawyer has been charged with witness tampering after authorities say he took $6,000 to help a Chinese "birthing house" witness flee the United States.
- Former Orange County Sheriff Mike Carona freed from prison Updated: May-15-15 8:50 pm
SANTA ANA, California - Former Orange County Sheriff Mike Carona is back home with his wife after serving more than four years in prison for witness tampering.
- 2 sentenced for deadly OC jewelry store holdup Updated: May-15-15 8:43 pm
SANTA ANA, California - Two men have been sentenced for their role in a botched jewelry store heist in Orange County that left two robbers dead.
- Southern California artists sues to protect mural on dam Updated: May-14-15 6:16 am
SANTA ANA, California - An artist who helped design a mural across a Southern California dam is suing the Army Corps of Engineers for trying to take it down.
- OC judge opposes recall effort sparked by his sentencing Updated: May-12-15 8:59 pm
SANTA ANA, California - An Orange County judge who gave a less-than-mandatory sentence to a man who sodomized a 3-year-old girl says the recall effort against him is "an attack on judicial independence."
- Prosecutors: Man killed first wife, tried to kill second Updated: May-12-15 3:47 pm
SANTA ANA, California - A Florida man awaiting trial for allegedly strangling his ex-wife and tossing her overboard during a Mediterranean cruise tried to hire two inmates to kill another ex-wife, prosecutors in California said.
- OC construction firm owner sentenced for defrauding workers Updated: May-11-15 8:07 pm
SANTA ANA, California - The owner of an Orange County construction company has been sentenced to jail for defrauding his employees of nearly a quarter-million dollars in wages.
- Suspects sought after 4 stabbed at Orange County party Updated: May-09-15 4:34 pm
BUENA PARK, California - Authorities are searching for several suspects after four men were stabbed at an Orange County house party.
- Man resentenced to prison for horror movie theater attack Updated: May-08-15 10:47 pm
SANTA ANA, California - An Anaheim man who stabbed two people during a 2008 showing of the horror movie "The Signal" has been resentenced to 22 years to life in prison.
- Jury convicts professor's ex-boyfriend in 1995 murder Updated: May-07-15 8:47 pm
SANTA ANA, California - A college professor's ex-boyfriend was convicted Thursday of killing a man she said had raped her 20 years ago.
- OC man convicted of smothering toddler in bedsheet Updated: May-05-15 7:11 pm
SANTA ANA, California - An Orange County man has been convicted of killing his girlfriend's 18-month-old son by smothering him in a bedsheet.
- Ex-exec of OC firm sentenced for $3 million embezzlement Updated: May-04-15 7:37 pm
SANTA ANA, California - A former executive of an Orange County company that provides services to the criminal justice system is going to prison.