- Southern California lawsuit claims toll roads poorly marked Updated: May-26-16 9:57 am
SANTA ANA, California - A California man has filed a federal lawsuit against the Transportation Corridor Agencies claiming the system's cashless toll roads are poorly marked, leading to unfair fines.
- Santa Ana police shoot knife-wielding carjacking suspect Updated: May-25-16 6:59 pm
SANTA ANA, California - Santa Ana police shot and critically wounded a woman suspected of stabbing a man during an attempted carjacking, trying to break into a business and then threatening officers with a knife.
- Newport Beach, Orange County officials honor John Wayne Updated: May-25-16 1:11 pm
SANTA ANA, California - Orange County supervisors and the Newport Beach City Council each took time to honor John Wayne - a month after the state Assembly defeated a resolution to mark the day the late actor was born after debate over decades-old racist comments.
- California cabbie kidnapped by escaped inmates sues county Updated: May-24-16 12:22 pm
SANTA ANA, California - The California taxi driver who was kidnapped and held hostage for a week by three inmates who escaped from jail is suing the county and the sheriff's department.
- Santa Ana man pleads guilty in 1995 OC revenge killing Updated: May-23-16 3:58 pm
SANTA ANA, California - A Santa Ana man accused of helping hack to death a suspected rapist with a meat cleaver has pleaded guilty to first-degree murder.
- 7-year-old boy wakes up dad, pair escapes house fire Updated: May-22-16 9:05 pm
COSTA MESA, California - Authorities in Orange County say a 7-year-old boy didn't hesitate when he smelled smoke at his home, waking up his sleeping father so the pair could escape a spreading fire.
- Former Los Angeles detective sentenced for bank robbery Updated: May-20-16 6:31 pm
SANTA ANA, California - A retired Los Angeles police detective turned bank robber has been sentenced to seven years in prison.
- Orange County recycling company accused of wage violations Updated: May-19-16 9:15 am
PLACENTIA, California - An Orange County recycling company has been ordered to pay $113,000 in back wages and damages to its workers after accusations that it violated wage laws.
- Minnesota man gets 35-year California sentence for scam Updated: May-17-16 9:20 pm
SANTA ANA, California - A Minnesota man who ran a nationwide investment con has been sentenced to 35 years in a California prison.
- Thousands of tiny red crabs stranding on California beach Updated: May-14-16 4:34 pm
NEWPORT BEACH, California - Thousands of tiny red crabs are carpeting beaches in Orange County and creating an amazing spectacle for swimmers and surfers.
- 1 dead in fiery three-vehicle crash in Orange Updated: May-13-16 3:33 am
SANTA ANA, California - Authorities say one person has died after a three vehicle-crash in Orange left one car fully engulfed in flames.
- California court upholds large urban water transfer Updated: May-10-16 6:38 pm
SAN DIEGO - A California appeals court on Tuesday upheld plans for a large transfer of Mojave Desert groundwater to homes and businesses in Southern California.
- 9 Orange County restaurants hit in string of break-ins Updated: May-08-16 1:14 pm
SANTA ANA, California - Orange County authorities are searching for suspects in a string of restaurant burglaries.
- 4 men arrested in $60M money laundering scheme Updated: May-05-16 8:31 pm
SANTA ANA, California - Four men charged with running a scheme that laundered $60 million in Mexican drug money have been arrested in Southern California, federal authorities announced Thursday.
- Selfie stick halts Disney roller coaster ride Updated: May-02-16 11:58 pm
ANAHEIM, California - A roller coaster ride at Disney California Adventure park was halted for about two hours when someone pulled out a selfie stick.
- Man pleads not guilty to California Trump protest violence Updated: May-02-16 8:52 pm
SANTA ANA, California - A man who allegedly threw a rock at a CHP patrol car during a Southern California protest against Donald Trump has pleaded not guilty to felony vandalism.
- 60,000-pound whale carcass removed from California beach Updated: Apr-30-16 9:31 am
SAN CLEMENTE, California - It literally was a whale of a job.