- Union: Staff cuts, conditions led to California jail escape Updated: Feb-12-16 11:18 am
SANTA ANA, California - A deputies union has sued the Orange County Sheriff's Department alleging that staff reductions and unsafe conditions helped lead to the brazen escape of three inmates from a jail in California.
- Suspect ID'd in beating of man, 72, at Santa Ana gas station Updated: Feb-11-16 11:45 am
SANTA ANA, California - Orange County authorities are searching for an 18-year-old suspect in connection with the severe beating of a 72-year-old great-grandfather at a Santa Ana gas station.
- Man flees Costa Mesa Apple store with $5,000 in iPhones Updated: Feb-11-16 11:32 am
COSTA MESA, California - Costa Mesa police say they are looking for a suspect who stole at least 10 iPhones from an Apple store in South Coast Plaza.
- Reward suggested for homeless man who helped find escapees Updated: Feb-10-16 10:36 pm
SANTA ANA, California - A new report says a homeless man deserves up to $100,000 for helping recapture two violent Orange County jail escapees.
- Lawyer gets prison for helping witness return to China Updated: Feb-08-16 7:34 pm
SANTA ANA, California - An Orange County lawyer has been sentenced to nearly two years in federal prison for helping a Chinese witness in a federal probe into so-called birth tourism flee the United States.
- Police: at least 1 person fled fatal Santa Ana crash scene Updated: Feb-08-16 1:11 pm
SANTA ANA, California - Orange County authorities say at least one person was seen fleeing the scene of a two-car crash that killed a man and injured two other people in Santa Ana.
- Orange County police arrest 6 in connection with robberies Updated: Feb-08-16 12:56 pm
GARDEN GROVE, California - Six people have been arrested in connection to robberies in Orange County after a tagging incident.
- Jury awards $5.7M to victim of Irvine drug-planting couple Updated: Feb-06-16 2:27 pm
SANTA ANA, California - An Orange County couple was ordered to pay $5.7 million for planting drugs in the car of a former PTA president in a failed bid to have her arrested.
- Santa Ana winds to bring warming to Southern California Updated: Feb-05-16 12:24 pm
LOS ANGELES - Forecasters say Southern California is in for an extended period of gusty Santa Ana winds and summerlike warming.
- Sheriff launches internal probe of escape of 3 jail inmates Updated: Feb-05-16 12:23 am
SANTA ANA, California - Orange County's sheriff has formally announced an internal administrative investigation of how three violent inmates broke out of a Southern California jail.
- The Latest: Cabbie says California jail fugitive saved him Updated: Feb-03-16 5:39 pm
WESTMINSTER, California - The Latest on three inmates who were recaptured after escaping from a California jail (all times local):
- 911 call reveals fugitive was scared, ready to surrender Updated: Feb-02-16 8:58 am
SANTA ANA, California - The first of three fugitives to be caught after a California jail escape said he was scared and ready to surrender, a 911 call released Monday revealed.
- 'Mastermind' of California jail escape has long past Updated: Jan-29-16 12:01 am
SANTA ANA, California - The alleged mastermind of a brazen California jail break was a small-town paint store manager fresh out of the Marines when his life changed with a car accident. That accident killed his friend and sent him into a spiral culminating with his arrest on charges he tortured and mutilated a man, then left him to die in the desert.
- A look at the escape of 3 inmates from a jail in California Updated: Jan-27-16 9:33 pm
SANTA ANA, California - A manhunt is continuing for three inmates who escaped from a jail in California last week by cutting through a grate, climbing through plumbing tunnels and rappelling to the ground from the roof.
- Prosecutor chided for calling escapee 'Hannibal Lecter' Updated: Jan-26-16 8:52 pm
SANTA ANA, California - Orange County's district attorney on Tuesday rebuked one of the prosecutors in his office for referring to one of three escaped Southern California inmates as "Hannibal Lecter."
- Report: Orange County jail slow to add security cameras Updated: Jan-26-16 9:53 am
SANTA ANA, California - A newspaper report finds the Orange County Sheriff's Department has been slow to add more rooftop security cameras at its Central Jail - site of last week's brazen escape - despite recommendations by a grand jury for eight years straight.
- 18-year-old will be tried as juvenile in deadly 2014 crash Updated: Jan-26-16 3:05 am
ORANGE, California - The Orange County District Attorney's Office has stopped pushing for a teen charged with vehicular manslaughter for a 2014 crash in Irvine that killed five of his friends to be tried as an adult.
- 3 arrested after pedestrian's hit-and-run death in Santa Ana Updated: Jan-25-16 4:37 pm
SANTA ANA, California - Three people have been arrested in connection with the hit-and-run death of a pedestrian in Santa Ana.
- 2 teens rescued after falling 50 feet from canyon trail Updated: Jan-24-16 3:09 pm
SANTA ANA, California - Two teens were airlifted to safety after falling more than 50 feet from a hiking trail at Orange County's Modjeska Canyon.
- California nudists told to cover up if they want to use gym Updated: Jan-21-16 7:15 pm
HUNTINGTON BEACH, California - The Naturists in the OC will have to stop going au naturale if they want to keep using the Huntington Beach City Gym and Pool.
- Mom accused of leaving boy in car while she shopped at mall Updated: Jan-21-16 9:44 am
LOS ANGELES - Orange County authorities have arrested a woman on suspicion of leaving her 4-year-old son in her car while she shopped at a Santa Ana mall.
- Through DNA, family finds missing woman's remains, closure Updated: Jan-19-16 7:59 pm
SANTA ANA, California - As a county gravedigger, Andrew Trejo has helped numerous families bury their loved ones. Nearly 28 years after his mother disappeared, he will finally get to do the same.
- Orange County residents turn kitchen scraps to power source Updated: Jan-18-16 6:19 pm
COSTA MESA, California - Some Orange County residents are learning how citrus peels, lawn clippings - even chicken bones - have a second life as a clean energy source.
- California man charged with hitting Uber driver sues driver Updated: Jan-16-16 3:56 pm
COSTA MESA, California - A Southern California man captured on video attacking an Uber driver has sued the driver for $5 million, claiming the video was recorded without his consent, a newspaper reported Saturday.
- Orange County Mexican Mafia leader Peter Ojeda convicted Updated: Jan-13-16 10:52 pm
SANTA ANA, California - The head of an Orange County wing of the Mexican Mafia and his onetime girlfriend have been convicted of federal charges of racketeering and conspiracy to commit assault and murder.