- Immigration detention center expands in Southern California Updated: Jul-02-15 2:21 pm
SANTA ANA, California - Immigration authorities will expand a Southern California detention facility to get more bed space for women with criminal records, immigrants with medical needs, recently arrived asylum seekers and other detainees.
- Dolphin leaps onto boat, injuring California woman Updated: Jul-01-15 11:17 pm
SANTA ANA, California - A dolphin leaped onto a boat in Southern California, crashing into a woman and breaking both her ankles.
- Ex-Sunday school teacher convicted of child molestation Updated: Jul-01-15 9:35 pm
SANTA ANA, California - A former volunteer Sunday school teacher in Orange County has been convicted of molesting six boys.
- Reports: GM Jerry Dipoto quits after 3 1/2 years with Angels Updated: Jul-01-15 5:15 pm
ANAHEIM, California - Los Angeles Angels general manager Jerry Dipoto says he has resigned, but the team is refusing to confirm his departure.
- Suspects in GPS serial killings to be tried separately Updated: Jul-01-15 12:40 pm
SANTA ANA, California - A judge has decided that two convicted sex offenders who have pleaded not guilty to the rape and murder of four California women will be tried separately.
- Transgender immigration detainees may be housed by gender Updated: Jun-29-15 7:13 pm
SANTA ANA, California - Immigration authorities will consider housing transgender detainees based on the gender they identify with in the wake of criticism about detention conditions for the population, officials said on Monday.
- Disneyland seeks $1 billion expansion for suspended gate tax Updated: Jun-26-15 9:59 am
ANAHEIM, California - The Walt Disney Co. is considering a $1 billion expansion of the Disneyland Resort and is asking the city of Anaheim to forgo a tax on theme park admission tickets for 30 years in return.
- Southern California football league owes city thousands Updated: Jun-26-15 6:14 am
COSTA MESA, California - A for-profit flag football league will likely have to repay Costa Mesa tens of thousands of dollars in rental fees it avoided by registering with the city as a nonprofit organization.
- DA says no negligence in suspected serial killer's suicide Updated: Jun-25-15 4:45 pm
SANTA ANA, California - Orange County investigators found no evidence of criminal negligence after a suspected serial killer died by ingesting cleaning chemicals inside his jail cell, the district attorney's office said Thursday.
- OC man arrested on suspicion of possessing 16 ferrets Updated: Jun-24-15 7:26 pm
SANTA ANA, California - An Orange County man has been arrested on suspicion of illegally possessing ferrets - 16 of them.
- Body of man found in lake at Orange County park Updated: Jun-24-15 4:43 pm
SANTA ANA, California - Orange County authorities say the body of a man has been found in a lake at a Santa Ana park.
- California district continues with deal with Saudi colleges Updated: Jun-24-15 6:19 am
SANTA ANA, California - A Southern California college district has tentatively approved a contract to serve as a consultant to two Saudi Arabia all-male technical colleges despite widespread criticism by faculty and others.
- World War II internees finally get high school graduation Updated: Jun-19-15 12:20 pm
TUSTIN, California - It was decades late, but George and Miko Kaihara, both 90, finally got to attend their high school graduation.
- Rev. Robert Schuller's grandson injured in serious crash Updated: Jun-19-15 6:16 am
SANTA ANA, California - The grandson of Crystal Cathedral founder Rev. Robert H. Schuller was seriously injured when his Smart Car was rear-ended after stopping in a freeway lane.
- California on cusp of offering young immigrants health care Updated: Jun-17-15 9:23 pm
SANTA ANA, California - In a move that adds momentum to efforts to integrate immigrants, California is on the cusp of extending state-subsidized health care coverage to children from low-income families who are in the country illegally.
- Plane lands on belly at John Wayne Airport Updated: Jun-17-15 8:47 am
SANTA ANA, California - Officials say nobody was hurt when a small private plane landed on its belly without the use of landing gear at Orange County's John Wayne Airport.
- Pot shop patients sue California city over police raid Updated: Jun-15-15 8:26 pm
SANTA ANA, California - Clients of a California marijuana dispensary filed a lawsuit Monday accusing police officers of excessive and unconstitutional actions during a raid last month.
- Tiny tuna crabs wash up in masses on Orange County beaches Updated: Jun-15-15 2:49 am
DANA POINT, California - Tiny tuna crabs have been washing up by the thousands on some Orange County beaches.
- Immigrant drivers feel ease, freedom with new licenses Updated: Jun-13-15 1:14 pm
SANTA ANA, California - In January, California began issuing driver's licenses to immigrants living in the country illegally. So far, more than 350,000 people have been licensed under the program with 1 million more expected in the next three years.
- 600 court cases under review in California corruption probe Updated: Jun-12-15 9:58 pm
SANTA ANA, California - Hundreds of Orange County court cases are being scrutinized amid suspicions that someone was paid to fix DUI and other traffic violations by falsifying court records.
- Santa Ana officers' actions in pot shop raid investigated Updated: Jun-12-15 1:34 pm
SANTA ANA, California - The Santa Ana Police Department is investigating surveillance video that purports to show officers disabling cameras, making derogatory remarks about an amputee, eating and playing darts during a raid at a marijuana dispensary, according to a newspaper report.
- Police arrest suspected driver in fatal Orange County crash Updated: Jun-11-15 9:20 pm
IRVINE, California - Authorities have arrested a suspected hit-and-run driver for a crash that killed a woman and injured four others, including two children, in Orange County.
- Lawyer indicted on witness tampering in birth tourism probe Updated: Jun-10-15 8:08 pm
SANTA ANA, California - An Orange County lawyer has been indicted after authorities say he tried to help a Chinese witness in a birth tourism probe flee the United States.
- Southern California man wages war on neighborhood skunks Updated: Jun-10-15 6:15 am
COSTA MESA, California - A Southern California man has been waging war on skunks in his Costa Mesa yard. When the city didn't help him, he decided to take matters into his own hands.
- San Diego man gets 10 years in prison for investment scam Updated: Jun-08-15 11:22 pm
SANTA ANA, California - A San Diego man was sentenced Monday to 10 years and one month in prison for running an investment scam that took more than $5 million from people who thought they were investing in "reverse life insurance" policies.