- Oil leak from Beaufort hospital ends up in nearby river Updated: May-30-16 1:45 pm
BEAUFORT, South Carolina - South Carolina environmental officials say heating oil spilled at Beaufort Memorial Hospital appears to have leaked into a nearby river.
- Deputies: Mom threatens principal over kid's bad behavior Updated: May-28-16 3:42 pm
BEAUFORT, South Carolina - Deputies say a mother threatened a Beaufort County middle school principal after she refused to let the woman's son participate in an eighth-grade graduation ceremony because of his bad behavior.
- Alligator removed from YMCA swimming pool in Beaufort County Updated: May-21-16 1:43 pm
BEAUFORT, South Carolina - Beaufort firefighters removed a 3-foot-long alligator from a YMCA swimming pool.
- SC Highway Patrol: Okatie bicyclist killed in hit-and-run Updated: May-17-16 10:11 am
OKATIE, South Carolina - The South Carolina Highway Patrol is investigating an apparent hit-and-run that killed a 45-year-old Okatie man over the weekend.
- Reprieve: Port Royal shrimp dock to remain open for season Updated: May-14-16 2:15 pm
PORT ROYAL, South Carolina - Port Royal has decided to keep the town shrimp docks open for at least another season after town officials earlier considered closing them down.
- Pushing Sand: Beaufort leaders want more state beach money Updated: May-14-16 12:28 pm
BEAUFORT, South Carolina - Beaufort area leaders want more state money earmarked for rebuilding eroding beaches - particularly for Hunting Island State Park where erosion chews away as much as 30 feet of beach a year.
- Event gives Pat Conroy fans chance to celebrate his life Updated: May-14-16 8:47 am
BEAUFORT, South Carolina - Fans of noted author Pat Conroy have another chance to celebrate his life.
- Beaufort County tract subject of lawsuit being preserved Updated: May-13-16 8:09 am
BEAUFORT, South Carolina - A tract of rural land in Beaufort County that has long been the center of development disputes will now be preserved.
- Company that sponsored fatal dive doesn't have licenses Updated: May-13-16 6:07 am
BEAUFORT, South Carolina - The charter company that sponsored the diving expedition in Beaufort that claimed the life of a Tennessee man does not have a current business license in the county.
- Man charged after 18-year-old dies from drinking at party Updated: May-07-16 1:07 pm
BEAUFORT, South Carolina - Beaufort County deputies say they have charged a 25-year-old man with involuntary manslaughter after he bought beer for a party where a teen drank too much and died.
- On the auction block: State preparing to auction old port Updated: May-05-16 7:55 am
BEAUFORT, South Carolina - The state's old Port of Port Royal property has been transferred from the South Carolina Ports Authority after five failed attempts in the last decade to sell the property.
- South Carolina military police on tap for Guantanamo force Updated: May-03-16 3:07 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - Military police from the South Carolina Army National Guard have been ordered to prepare for a possible deployment to Guantanamo Bay Naval Base in Cuba as early as this fall, a Guard official said Tuesday.