- Parris Island Marine Corps Band plays concert in Beaufort Updated: Apr-30-16 4:01 am
BEAUFORT, South Carolina - Members of the U.S. Marine Corps Band from Parris Island are tuning up for a free public concert.
- Kick the tires, light the fires but can you do it quietly? Updated: Apr-23-16 11:21 am
BEAUFORT, South Carolina - There's a renewed call for building an outlying runway at the Beaufort Marine Corps Air Station amid an increase in jet noise over populated areas.
- Sheriff: Domestic dispute leads to Jasper County homicide Updated: Apr-20-16 9:48 am
RIDGELAND, South Carolina - Jasper County Sheriff Gregory Jenkins says a domestic dispute apparently led to a deadly shooting in Ridgeland.
- Ethics complaint: Beaufort superintendent to face hearing Updated: Apr-19-16 8:14 am
BEAUFORT, South Carolina - The South Carolina Ethics Commission has set an August hearing on a complaint filed against Beaufort County School superintendent Jeff Moss.
- Man wanted following Beaufort man's death surrenders Updated: Apr-19-16 5:04 am
BEAUFORT, South Carolina - A Beaufort man wanted in connection with the death of a man whose body was found on St. Helena Island last year has turned himself in to authorities.
- Scholars discussing first Spanish capital of Florida in SC Updated: Apr-15-16 11:24 am
BEAUFORT, South Carolina - Scholars from across the nation are in Beaufort discussing the first capital of colonial Spanish Florida, which was in South Carolina, not Florida. This month marks the 450th anniversary of the founding of Santa Elena, established on what is now Parris Island.
- State to investigate fires on Beaufort County school buses Updated: Apr-14-16 7:05 am
BEAUFORT, South Carolina - The South Carolina Department of Education is assembling a team to investigate why Beaufort County has been the site of half of the state's school bus fires so far this school year.
- 1 teenager dies after house party, 2 others hospitalized Updated: Apr-10-16 1:03 pm
BEAUFORT, South Carolina - Beaufort County authorities say a teenager died several hours after coming home drunk from a party, and the adults who provided the alcohol could be charged with a crime.
- Finances threaten to close operations at Port Royal docks Updated: Apr-07-16 11:32 am
PORT ROYAL, South Carolina - Unless things start to improve the town of Port Royal may have to end operations at the town shrimp docks.
- 450th anniversary of Spanish settlement on SC coast marked Updated: Apr-01-16 3:47 am
BEAUFORT, South Carolina - April marks the 450th anniversary of the founding of the Spanish settlement of Santa Elena on what is now the South Carolina coast and the Santa Elena Foundation is observing the occasion.