- Arpad Goncz, Hungary's 1st post-communist president, dies Updated: Oct-06-15 1:01 pm
BUDAPEST, Hungary - Arpad Goncz, a much-loved Hungarian writer and translator who survived a communist-era life sentence for taking part in the 1956 anti-Soviet revolt and later become Hungary's first democratically chosen president, died Tuesday at age 93.
- Hungary says no plans for referendum on 2024 Olympic bid Updated: Sep-25-15 7:47 am
BUDAPEST, Hungary - Hungary has no plans to hold a referendum on Budapest's bid for the 2024 Summer Games, the country's national Olympic committee said Friday.
- Refugee crisis, money issues in background of 2024 bid race Updated: Sep-16-15 2:08 pm
LONDON - With the race for the 2024 Olympics now officially underway, the five bid cities face a two-year campaign to convince IOC members that they offer the best project.
- Race is on: 5 cities to compete for 2024 Summer Olympics Updated: Sep-16-15 7:17 am
LONDON - The race is on for the 2024 Olympics: A five-city contest pitting four European bids against a two-time host from the United States.
- Official: Toronto not bidding for 2024 Olympics Updated: Sep-15-15 12:04 am
TORONTO - Toronto will not be bidding to host the 2024 Summer Olympics.