- Teachers, students protest education system in Hungary Updated: Feb-03-16 2:14 pm
MISKOLC, Hungary - Thousands of teachers, students and parents in several cities in Hungary protested Wednesday against the government's centralization of the education system and the increasing overburdening of pupils and educators.
- Poland salutes plan to boost NATO presence in Eastern Europe Updated: Feb-03-16 8:22 am
BUDAPEST, Hungary - Poland's foreign minister says the protection of NATO's eastern borders needs to be increased in light of the "apparently unresolvable" conflict between Russia and Ukraine.
- Budapest city council approves venues for 2024 Olympic bid Updated: Jan-27-16 7:58 am
BUDAPEST, Hungary - Budapest's city council on Wednesday approved the list of venues to be included in its bid for the 2024 Olympics.
- Man in Hungary gets 3 years' probation for Holocaust denial Updated: Jan-21-16 12:05 pm
BUDAPEST, Hungary - A Budapest court on Thursday sentenced a Hungarian man to three years' probation for publicly denying that the Holocaust happened.
- Hungary's Orban invited to Feb. 17 meeting with Putin Updated: Jan-21-16 11:05 am
BUDAPEST, Hungary - Hungary says Prime Minister Viktor Orban has been invited to visit Russian President Vladimir Putin on Feb. 17.
- Paris 2024 Olympic bid secures $2 million sponsorship deal Updated: Jan-21-16 8:11 am
PARIS - Leaders of the Paris bid for the 2024 Olympics secured a 2 million euros ($2.2 million) sponsorship deal Thursday with the operator of France's national lottery.
- Hungary government sides with taxi drivers against Uber Updated: Jan-20-16 4:26 pm
BUDAPEST, Hungary - The Hungarian government says it supports taxi drivers in their protest against ride-hailing apps like Uber.
- Taxis in Budapest block traffic, demand ban on Uber Updated: Jan-18-16 2:41 pm
BUDAPEST, Hungary - More than 100 taxis blocked traffic in downtown Budapest on Monday as drivers demanded a ban on Uber and other ride-hailing apps.