- Man who defrauded more than 12 banks, businesses sentenced Updated: Feb-12-16 9:44 am
BANGOR, Maine - A federal judge has sentenced an Augusta man to more than two years in prison for defrauding more than a dozen banks and businesses by using altered and counterfeit checks.
- Maine woman appeals conviction for toddler death Updated: Feb-12-16 4:06 am
BANGOR, Maine - A Maine mother who's serving a 37-year sentence for killing her 2½-year-old daughter and leaving her body in a car is appealing to Maine's highest court.
- UMass Lowell beats Maine in double overtime 108-95 Updated: Feb-11-16 7:41 pm
BANGOR, Maine - Matt Harris scored a career-high 33 points, including eight in a 21-point overtime outburst for UMass Lowell, and the River Hawks defeated Maine 108-95 on Thursday.
- Marijuana bust sentencings delayed in Maine Updated: Feb-10-16 11:09 am
BANGOR, Maine - The sentencing of three men convicted on charges stemming from a sophisticated marijuana operation in the woods of Washington County has been delayed.
- No settlement in lawsuit over stun gunned man's death Updated: Feb-09-16 2:59 pm
BANGOR, Maine - No settlement has been reached after a day-long federal court hearing about a wrongful death lawsuit filed by the father of a man who died several days after police subdued him with a stun gun.
- Joe Baldacci drops out of race for Maine's 2nd District Updated: Feb-05-16 4:36 pm
AUGUSTA, Maine - Democrat Joe Baldacci is dropping out of the Democratic primary race for Maine's 2nd Congressional District.
- Man gets federal prison time for role in Maine drug ring Updated: Feb-05-16 7:12 am
BANGOR, Maine - A former Connecticut man who pleaded guilty to his role in a crack cocaine distribution ring in Maine has been sentenced to three years behind bars.
- Critics alarmed by scale of proposed wind power projects Updated: Feb-03-16 4:20 pm
BANGOR, Maine - Wind power critics say they're alarmed by the scale of wind power development proposals in Maine.
- University of Maine System chooses Sodexo as its vendor Updated: Feb-03-16 4:15 pm
BANGOR, Maine - The University of Maine System is awarding its $12 million annual dining services contract to Sodexo, which says it's focusing on local food in campus cafeterias.
- Bangor man sentenced for fatal drunk driving crash Updated: Feb-01-16 12:41 pm
BANGOR, Maine - A Bangor man charged with manslaughter and drunken driving after he crashed his car and fatally injured a passenger has been sentenced to more than two years in prison.
- LePage eyes ankle bracelets to reduce overcrowded jails Updated: Jan-27-16 6:12 pm
AUGUSTA, Maine - Overcrowding problems in Maine's jails can be alleviated by allowing nonviolent inmates to serve their time at home while wearing electronic monitoring bracelets, Gov. Paul LePage said.
- LePage: Comprehensive bill to fight heroin epidemic in works Updated: Jan-26-16 9:45 pm
BANGOR, Maine - A passionate Maine Gov. Paul LePage decried the out-of-state drug dealers who are providing heroin that's poisoning state residents, and vowed Tuesday evening to do more to eradicate the problem.
- Bronx man sentenced for Waterville trafficking conspiracy Updated: Jan-26-16 6:58 am
BANGOR, Maine - A 35-year-old Bronx, New York man was sentenced to serve just over three years behind bars for his role in a large-scale trafficking ring that brought drugs into Waterville.
- Maine PD's Facebook post on snow advice gets 80,000+ hits Updated: Jan-23-16 11:34 am
BANGOR, Maine - Police in Bangor are seeing no snow but a flurry of comments on their Facebook post advising neighbors to the south on how to properly cope with a storm.
- Maine utility crews head south to help restore power Updated: Jan-23-16 10:46 am
BANGOR, Maine - Utility crews in Maine are heading south to assist with power outages caused by a massive snowstorm pummeling the mid-Atlantic region.
- New Hampshire tops Maine 99-91 Updated: Jan-18-16 9:39 pm
BANGOR, Maine - Tanner Leissner scored 30 points, a career high, and New Hampshire topped Maine 99-91 Monday night.