- Manchester City gets $400M Chinese investment deal Updated: Dec-01-15 4:44 am
LONDON - Manchester City announced Tuesday that a Chinese consortium is investing $400 million to buy 13 percent of the Premier League club's umbrella organization in a deal that values the business at $3 billion.
- Man City beats Southampton 3-1 in Premier League Updated: Nov-28-15 12:34 pm
MANCHESTER, England - Manchester City rebounded emphatically from two disappointing losses with a 3-1 win over Southampton in the Premier League on Saturday, but lost Sergio Aguero to another injury.
- United short of strikers after James Wilson loaned out Updated: Nov-27-15 7:23 am
MANCHESTER, England - As the final whistle blew on Manchester United's fourth goalless draw in its last seven matches, the boos filling Old Trafford were another indicator of disenchantment about the team's playing style.
- Leicester upstaging the big names in English Premier League Updated: Nov-26-15 11:44 am
MANCHESTER, England - A glance at the top of Europe's big leagues tells a mostly familiar story after a third of the season.
- Ibrahimovic scores on CL return to Malmo, Juve beats City Updated: Nov-25-15 6:36 pm
PARIS - Zlatan Ibrahimovic celebrated his return to his first senior club with a goal as Paris Saint-Germain advanced to the knockout phase of the Champions League on Wednesday while Juventus claimed top spot to qualify from Group D with a 1-0 win over Manchester City.
- Rooney tells United to be more ruthless after 0-0 vs PSV Updated: Nov-25-15 6:13 pm
MANCHESTER, England - Manchester United's Champions League ambitions were plunged into doubt after a 0-0 home draw against PSV Eindhoven on Wednesday that highlighted the English team's attacking shortcomings under manager Louis van Gaal.
- Pakistani man gets 40 years in al-Qaida plot to bomb subway Updated: Nov-24-15 11:32 am
NEW YORK - A Pakistani man was sentenced to 40 years in prison Tuesday for a failed al-Qaida bomb plot on the New York City subway.
- Barcelona hosts Roma amid heightened security measures Updated: Nov-22-15 10:33 pm
BARCELONA, Spain - Fresh from its domestic demolition of Real Madrid, Barcelona will be aiming to advance to the Champions League knockout rounds for a 12th straight year when it hosts Roma on Tuesday.
- Brace for Kane as Tottenham beats West Ham in easy 4-1 win Updated: Nov-22-15 3:34 pm
LONDON - England striker Harry Kane scored twice as Tottenham brushed aside London rival West Ham in a convincing 4-1 victory at White Hart Lane on Sunday.
- Liverpool beats Man City 4-1 in best showing under Klopp Updated: Nov-21-15 5:56 pm
Liverpool produced its best performance since the arrival of new manager Juergen Klopp to beat Premier League title chasers Manchester City 4-1 on Saturday.
- Man United facing striker shortage as EPL resumes Updated: Nov-20-15 5:58 am
MANCHESTER, England - Manchester United is facing a striker crisis for its English Premier League game against Watford on Saturday, with Wayne Rooney, Anthony Martial, and backup Marouane Fellaini ruled out.
- Rooney plays up to wrestling crowd by slapping WWE star Updated: Nov-10-15 1:01 pm
MANCHESTER, England - Wayne Rooney was goaded into retaliation, and slapped the sportsman. For once, this wasn't the England striker's fiery temperament resurfacing but a playful clash with a WWE star.
- Tottenham defender Dier named in England squad Updated: Nov-05-15 10:16 am
LONDON - Tottenham defender Eric Dier has been named in the England squad ahead of international friendlies against Spain and France.
- France coach Deschamps leaves out Valbuena amid Benzema case Updated: Nov-05-15 10:05 am
PARIS - France coach Didier Deschamps left out winger Mathieu Valbuena for friendly matches against Germany and England amid an ongoing police investigation involving international teammate Karim Benzema.
- Rooney ends United's goal drought to seal 1-0 win vs CSKA Updated: Nov-03-15 5:21 pm
MANCHESTER, England - Wayne Rooney ended Manchester United's 404-minute goal drought on Tuesday, clinching a 1-0 victory over CSKA Moscow and sending the team top of its Champions League group.
- Spurs beat Villa to underline task facing new manager Garde Updated: Nov-02-15 8:35 pm
LONDON - Within hours of being hired as Aston Villa manager, Remi Garde witnessed the magnitude of his task on Monday when Tottenham handed his new team a ninth loss in 11 Premier League games to leave it stranded at the bottom.