- Central Kentucky woman fatally shot; boyfriend charged Updated: May-01-16 3:58 pm
MANCHESTER, Kentucky - Authorities say a central Kentucky woman has been fatally shot after fleeing her home and her boyfriend now faces charges.
- Over to you, Spurs: Leicester 2 points away from EPL title Updated: May-01-16 3:05 pm
MANCHESTER, England - One chance gone for Leicester in its attempt to clinch a first English league title.
- Southampton eases past distracted Man City 4-2 in EPL Updated: May-01-16 2:11 pm
SOUTHAMPTON, England - Sadio Mane scored a hat trick as Southampton eased past Manchester City 4-2 in the English Premier League on Sunday, when the visitors' minds seemed more on the Champions League.
- Leicester misses 1st chance to clinch Premier League title Updated: May-01-16 12:38 pm
MANCHESTER, England - Leicester missed its first opportunity to clinch the Premier League title, drawing 1-1 at Manchester United on Sunday to move within two points of the most unlikely championship in English soccer in a generation.
- Traveling Ranieri could miss Leicester clinching EPL title Updated: May-01-16 12:11 pm
MANCHESTER, England - If Leicester clinches the English Premier League title on Monday, its manager might be among the last people to know.
- Britain's Olympic cycling coach resigns over comments Updated: Apr-27-16 2:07 pm
MANCHESTER, England - One of the key figures behind Britain's successful Olympic cycling team resigned on Wednesday, soon after being suspended by the national governing body for allegedly making discriminatory remarks to riders.
- Tyson Fury teases Wladimir Klitschko ahead of rematch Updated: Apr-27-16 11:22 am
MANCHESTER, England - Tyson Fury removed his T-shirt, turned to Wladimir Klitschko, pointed to his flabby belly and blurted out: "Shame on you, you let a fat man beat you."
- Without Ronaldo, Madrid holds City 0-0 in Champions League Updated: Apr-26-16 6:15 pm
MANCHESTER, England - Real Madrid failed to turn late domination into a goal without the injured Cristiano Ronaldo as Manchester City held on for a 0-0 draw in the first leg of their Champions League semifinal on Tuesday.
- Suarez and Barcelona lead AP Global Football 10 Updated: Apr-26-16 2:52 pm
LONDON - Eight goals in two games for Barcelona sent Luis Suarez straight to the top of the Associated Press Global Football 10 on Tuesday.
- Ronaldo and Benzema expected to start against Man City Updated: Apr-25-16 3:05 pm
MANCHESTER, England - Real Madrid coach Zinedine Zidane expects Cristiano Ronaldo and Karim Benzema to start against Manchester City in the semifinals of the Champions League on Tuesday.
- Man City eases past Stoke 4-0 to keep pressure on Man United Updated: Apr-23-16 10:18 am
MANCHESTER, England - Manchester City easily defeated Stoke 4-0 in the English Premier League on Saturday to move five points clear of rival Manchester United in the fight for a Champions League spot.
- Column: Van Gaal redeems himself with faith in youth Updated: Apr-22-16 11:11 am
Joe Riley wore the smile of a cat that got the cream. Quite right, too, because in making his first appearance for Manchester United, the 19-year-old who worked his way up through the club's ranks from the age of six lived an experience that boys the world over would give their eye teeth for.
- Cristiano Ronaldo injured before key matches for Real Madrid Updated: Apr-22-16 9:58 am
MADRID - Cristiano Ronaldo will miss Real Madrid's next match and is in doubt for the team's Champions League semifinal game at Manchester City.
- Man United beats Palace 2-0 to boost bid to break into top 4 Updated: Apr-20-16 5:43 pm
MANCHESTER, England - Manchester United prepared for the FA Cup semifinals by beating Crystal Palace 2-0 on Wednesday to enhance its bid to break into the top four places and qualify for the Champions League.
- Newcastle holds Man City 1-1, Aguero reaches 100 EPL goals Updated: Apr-19-16 6:47 pm
NEWCASTLE, England - Newcastle continued its late fight to avoid relegation from the top tier, drawing 1-1 with Manchester City on Tuesday after Sergio Aguero became the second fastest player to score 100 English Premier League goals.
- Aston Villa relegated after loss against Man United Updated: Apr-16-16 11:59 am
MANCHESTER, England - Aston Villa was relegated for the first time since 1987 after a 1-0 loss against Manchester United on Saturday in the English Premier League.
- UK police arrest man on Syria-related terrorism offenses Updated: Apr-16-16 8:36 am
LONDON - Police in central England have arrested an 18-year-old man at Manchester airport on suspicion of Syria-related terrorism offenses.
- Wayne Rooney could play more minutes against Aston Villa Updated: Apr-15-16 7:40 am
MANCHESTER, England - Manchester United manager Louis van Gaal says Wayne Rooney "should play more minutes" against Aston Villa on Saturday as the striker returns from injury.
- Yaya Toure no longer a must-pick for Manchester City Updated: Apr-13-16 7:23 am
MANCHESTER, England - The prospect of Manchester City going into one of the biggest games in the club's history without Yaya Toure in the starting lineup would once have seemed unthinkable.
- Danny Willett: Dedicated golfer, family man, Masters winner Updated: Apr-13-16 5:32 am
MANCHESTER, England - Danny Willett's journey to the green jacket began 16 years ago when he signed up with some friends for an inner-city golf scheme, designed to get kids off the street and give them something constructive to do.
- Man City ousts PSG to reach Champs League semis for 1st time Updated: Apr-12-16 9:49 pm
MANCHESTER, England - As Manchester City has slipped down the Premier League, it has progressed further than ever in the Champions League.
- Blanc angry as PSG falls short again in bid for European Cup Updated: Apr-12-16 9:30 pm
MANCHESTER, England - Laurent Blanc has one fundamental goal with Paris Saint-Germain: win the Champions League.
- Sketches of 2 wanted in British tourist slaying released Updated: Apr-11-16 10:17 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - San Francisco police investigators have released sketches of a man and a woman wanted in the killing of a British tourist.
- Man City will have to cope without Kompany against PSG Updated: Apr-11-16 8:21 am
MANCHESTER, England - Manchester City will be without captain Vincent Kompany when the team faces Paris Saint-Germain for a spot in the Champions League semifinals.
- Man City rallies to beat West Brom, stays 4th in EPL Updated: Apr-09-16 3:01 pm
MANCHESTER, England - Manchester City recovered from going behind early on to beat West Bromwich Albion 2-1 on Saturday in the English Premier League.