- Late equalizer gives San Jose 1-1 draw at Los Angeles Updated: May-22-16 10:32 pm
CARSON, California - San Jose's Fatai Alashe scored a late equalizer to give the Earthquakes a 1-1 draw at Los Angeles in Major League Soccer on Sunday.
- Alashe's late goal helps Earthquakes to 1-1 tie with Galaxy Updated: May-22-16 9:56 pm
- Police probe death of man found in trash can as homicide Updated: May-22-16 3:10 pm
SAN JOSE, California - Police in Northern California say they are investigating as a homicide the death of a man found in a trash can night.
- Blues beat Sharks 6-3 to even series at 2 games apiece Updated: May-21-16 11:31 pm
SAN JOSE, California - Changing goaltenders gave the St. Louis Blues a spark. Changing their style of play helped them even up the Western Conference final at two games apiece.
- San Jose man convicted on sex tourism, obstruction charges Updated: May-21-16 1:52 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - A federal jury has found a San Jose man who traveled to Manila several times to have sex with an underage girl guilty of sex tourism.
- Wealthy climate activist spends heavily in California race Updated: May-20-16 9:27 pm
SACRAMENTO, California - Billionaire environmentalist Tom Steyer reported Friday that he has made a $500,000 contribution to help an incumbent Democratic state senator who backed a 2015 proposal to cut petroleum use by half within 15 years in the state.
- Blues to make goalie change for Game 4 against Sharks Updated: May-20-16 7:49 pm
SAN JOSE, California - The St. Louis Blues are making a change in goal for Game 4 after losing two straight games in the Western Conference final.
- Records: Doctors say woman declared brain dead still alive Updated: May-19-16 5:01 am
WALNUT CREEK, California - As a California mother seeks to stop a hospital from ending life support for her brain dead toddler, a father is marking one year since he convinced a judge that his brain-dead daughter was still alive and should keep getting care.
- Feds sign updated $2.5 billion high-speed rail grant Updated: May-19-16 12:15 am
SACRAMENTO, California - Federal transportation authorities have signed an updated grant agreement with California reflecting the delayed timeline for building the state's $64 billion high-speed rail project.
- California Editorial Roundup Updated: May-18-16 4:45 pm
- Sen. Bernie Sanders makes California swing Updated: May-17-16 10:17 am
LOS ANGELES - Sen. Bernie Sanders is making another campaign swing through California.
- Police arrest 2 in killing of California real estate agent Updated: May-17-16 9:32 am
SAN JOSE, California - Authorities say they have arrested two men in the killing of a San Francisco real estate agent.
- Predators feeling pain of team's best run coming up short Updated: May-13-16 2:59 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - The longest playoff run in Nashville Predators' history is over.
- Santa Clara County jail guards select new head after scandal Updated: May-13-16 10:50 am
SAN JOSE, California - Santa Clara County's jail guards have elected a woman to lead their union after the former president left amid accusations that he sent racist text messages.
- Sharks look to shed past following 5-0 Game 7 win vs. Preds Updated: May-13-16 2:25 am
SAN JOSE, California - A Game 7 win for a franchise haunted by playoff disappointments can help silence the skeptics. But the San Jose Sharks know they have plenty of more work to do before ending all those questions about their past.
- Sharks dominate from start in 5-0 Game 7 win vs. Predators Updated: May-13-16 12:51 am
SAN JOSE, California - Captain Joe Pavelski and the rest of San Jose's big guns took little time to answer the questions about how this version of the Sharks would respond after a lackluster loss in a potential series clincher.
- Quintero has 2 goals and an assist in Earthquakes' 3-1 win Updated: May-12-16 12:47 am
- San Jose police shoot man allegedly hacking mother in street Updated: May-11-16 3:10 pm
SAN JOSE, California - Police in San Jose shot and wounded a man as he allegedly hacked his mother with an ax in a city street.
- Jail deputy arrested on child molestation charges Updated: May-10-16 7:18 pm
SAN JOSE, California - Police say a correctional deputy for the Santa Clara County jails is on unpaid leave after being arrested on charges he molested a 9-year-old girl.
- San Jose Police officer apologizes for controversial tweets Updated: May-10-16 10:13 am
SAN JOSE, California - A San Jose police officer who touched off a nationwide firestorm with tweets many said threatened supporters of Black Lives Matter has apologized for the offensive messages.
- Predators force another Game 7 by beating Sharks 4-3 in OT Updated: May-10-16 1:11 am
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Viktor Arvidsson's first playoff goal of his young career certainly is a moment to remember. The rest of the Nashville Predators are just grateful he scored so quickly after surviving a triple-overtime thriller in Game 4.
- Southwest flight makes emergency landing in San Jose Updated: May-09-16 4:54 pm
SAN JOSE, California - A Southwest Airlines flight has arrived safely at Mineta San Jose International Airport after the pilot asked to make an emergency landing there due to mechanical problems.
- Man atop train in San Jose fouling up morning commute Updated: May-05-16 10:18 am
SAN JOSE, California - Authorities say service on a light rail system south of San Francisco is severely delayed Thursday morning due to an overnight standoff with a man who climbed on top of a train and has refused to come down.
- 7 taken to hospital for evaluation after chemical exposure Updated: May-04-16 9:07 pm
SAN JOSE, California - Fire officials say seven people were taken to the hospital for evaluation after they were exposed to a dental chemical at a health center in San Jose.
- Ex-49er Stubblefield denies sexually assaulting woman Updated: May-03-16 5:14 pm
SAN JOSE, California - A former San Francisco 49er defensive lineman charged with raping a developmentally delayed woman denied the charges Tuesday, saying the episode was a consensual encounter with a mentally competent woman who asked for money and a job afterward.