- Portland Timbers, Earthquakes play to a scoreless draw Updated: Aug-02-15 7:46 pm
- California's big cities say June water-saving goals were met Updated: Jul-29-15 8:31 pm
SACRAMENTO, California - California's largest cities said water conservation goals ordered by Gov. Jerry Brown were met or exceeded in June - the first month of mandatory cutbacks during the drought.
- Top federal prosecutor in Northern California stepping down Updated: Jul-29-15 4:07 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - The top federal prosecutor in Northern California is stepping down after five years on the job.
- Family, friends mourn death of San Jose hockey player Updated: Jul-29-15 11:35 am
SAN JOSE, California - Hundreds of people attended a vigil for a 19-year-old hockey player who was gunned down outside a San Jose home.
- Ex-postal inspector pleads guilty to stealing mail Updated: Jul-22-15 10:38 pm
SAN JOSE, California - Authorities say a former postal inspector who worked at a San Jose mail distribution center pleaded guilty to stealing U.S. mail and to marijuana trafficking.
- Manchester United beats Earthquakes 3-1 in exhibition Updated: Jul-22-15 2:14 am
SAN JOSE, California - Coach Louis van Gaal is mixing and matching his lineups and found few highlights worth mentioning from Manchester United's latest preseason victory.
- Sanmina rises on 3Q results and 4Q outlook Updated: Jul-20-15 7:58 pm
SAN JOSE, California - Shares of Sanmina climbed in aftermarket trading Monday as Wall Street cheered the electronics manufacturing services company's third-quarter results and its outlook for the current quarter.
- House ethics panel confirms inquiry of Calif. Rep. Honda Updated: Jul-20-15 5:29 pm
WASHINGTON - The House Ethics Committee said Monday it is investigating Rep. Michael Honda, D-Calif., for a possible ethics violation.
- Japan tops Canada 20-6 in Pacific Nations Cup Updated: Jul-19-15 5:24 am
SAN JOSE, California - Captain Ayumu Goromaru booted five penalties as Japan opened its Pacific Nations Cup rugby campaign with a 20-6 win over Canada on Saturday.
- San Jose State dismisses incoming freshman after arrest Updated: Jul-18-15 9:26 pm
SAN JOSE, California - San Jose State has dismissed incoming freshman wide receiver Kanya Bell Jr. from the football team after his on-campus arrest for domestic battery involving a female.
- Massive pot bust at Calif. park breaks up summer camp Updated: Jul-18-15 5:16 pm
SAN JOSE, California - One man was arrested and two were at large after authorities raided the largest marijuana grow in Santa Clara County with an estimated street value of $16 million.
- EBay sells Enterprise unit, tops profit expectations Updated: Jul-16-15 5:47 pm
SAN JOSE, California - EBay sold its Enterprise business for $925 million and topped Wall Street expectations for its second-quarter earnings as the online retailer prepares to spin off PayPal.
- San Jose, public safety unions reach tentative pension deal Updated: Jul-16-15 10:35 am
SAN JOSE, California - San Jose has reached a tentative deal with its public safety unions over pension cuts approved by city voters in 2012.
- Club America rallies to beat Earthquakes 2-1 Updated: Jul-15-15 1:06 am
SAN JOSE, California - Francisco Rivera intercepted a pass and scored in the 83rd minute, and Club America rallied to beat the San Jose Earthquakes 2-1 on Tuesday night.
- MLB hopes Rays, A's can get new ballparks in current markets Updated: Jul-14-15 6:00 pm
- San Jose State leader to step down, advise Afghan president Updated: Jul-13-15 8:14 pm
SAN JOSE, California - The head of California's San Jose State University is stepping down to become a presidential adviser in his native Afghanistan.
- Man sentenced to almost 6 years in prison in Ponzi scheme Updated: Jul-11-15 1:13 pm
SAN JOSE, California - A federal court in San Jose has sentenced a California man to more than five years in prison after he pleaded guilty to running a Ponzi scheme that defrauded investors of about $60 million.
- Clark, Bruin score, Houston beats San Jose 2-0 Updated: Jul-11-15 1:17 am
- Former 49er Ray McDonald charged with domestic violence Updated: Jul-09-15 6:36 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Former San Francisco 49er defensive tackle Ray McDonald was charged with domestic violence and false imprisonment in connection with allegations he assaulted his ex-fiancee while she held their 2-month-old child, prosecutors said Thursday.
- Jewsbury scores in stoppage time as Timbers beat Earthquakes Updated: Jul-06-15 2:23 am
PORTLAND, Oregon - During their recent run of success, the Portland Timbers have talked about how important it has been to get contributions from everyone on the team.
- Matt Stonie tops Joey Chestnut in hot dog eating contest Updated: Jul-04-15 5:07 pm
NEW YORK - Matt Stonie shocked the competitive eating world Saturday by upsetting Joey "Jaws" Chestnut at the Fourth of July hot dog eating contest at Nathan's Famous in Coney Island, thwarting Chestnut's bid for a ninth straight victory.