- Both teams have spirited final practices before Super Bowl Updated: Feb-05-16 8:51 pm
- Trust launches $25 million plan to protect Bay Area farms Updated: Feb-04-16 9:20 am
HALF MOON BAY, California - A Palo Alto-based nonprofit organization intends to spend $25 million over the next 10 years to increase protected farmland in San Mateo County.
- San Jose State dumps Fresno State 65-53 Updated: Feb-04-16 12:24 am
SAN JOSE, California - Freshman Brandon Clarke had a career-high 15 rebounds and 14 points to record his third double-double in the last seven games as San Jose State beat Fresno State 65-53 Wednesday night.
- Cisco to buy Jasper in move into 'Internet of Things' Updated: Feb-03-16 7:54 pm
SAN JOSE, California - Cisco Systems Inc. is buying Jasper Technologies for $1.4 billion in cash in a move to help its customers connect, automate and manage billions of Internet-connected devices ranging from cars to jet engines to implanted pacemakers.
- Denver Broncos' Ryan Murphy questioned in prostitution sting Updated: Feb-03-16 2:48 pm
SANTA CLARA, California - Broncos coach Gary Kubiak says he's disappointed he had to send home one of his practice squad players who was caught up in a prostitution sting a few miles from the team hotel.
- Ducks stop Thornton, Sharks 3-2 for 4th consecutive victory Updated: Feb-03-16 2:16 am
ANAHEIM, California - The Anaheim Ducks are making their own breaks after the break.
- Denver Broncos Ryan Murphy questioned in prostitution sting Updated: Feb-03-16 12:25 am
SAN JOSE, California - Denver Broncos practice squad safety Ryan Murphy was sent home after being questioned by authorities during a prostitution sting in San Jose.
- Man killed in San Jose when tree falls on him at park Updated: Feb-02-16 10:01 am
SAN JOSE, California - A man was killed when a 70-foot tall eucalyptus tree fell on him at a park in San Jose.
- The Latest: Panthers linebacker Davis returns to practice Updated: Feb-01-16 11:06 pm
SAN JOSE, California - The latest on the Carolina Panthers and Denver Broncos meeting reporters at media day, now known as Super Bowl Opening Night (all times local):
- Broncos, Panthers arrive in Bay Area for Super Bowl Updated: Feb-01-16 8:16 am
SAN FRANCISCO - They're here.
- Body found in killing where co-worker already charged Updated: Jan-29-16 1:14 am
SAN JOSE, California - Authorities say they have now found the body in a homicide case where the victim's co-worker had already been charged with murder.
- Man accused of molesting, killing girlfriend's 2-year-old Updated: Jan-28-16 5:19 am
SAN JOSE, California - San Jose police say they have arrested a 22-year-old man in connection with the death of his girlfriend's toddler son.
- Prosecutors charge man in slaying of missing co-worker Updated: Jan-28-16 12:52 am
SAN JOSE, California - A Northern California man was charged Wednesday in the slaying of his missing co-worker after police investigators linked him to a bloody crime scene.
- PayPal shares rise on strong 4th-quarter results Updated: Jan-27-16 5:54 pm
SAN JOSE, California - Shares of PayPal Holdings Inc. rose in late trading Wednesday after the payments company reported strong quarterly results in its second quarter as an independent company on continued demand for its payments services.
- EBay beats 4Q profit forecasts Updated: Jan-27-16 4:46 pm
SAN JOSE, California _ EBay Inc. (EBAY) on Wednesday reported fourth-quarter earnings of $477 million.
- Sharks head into All-Star break on best roll in 5 years Updated: Jan-27-16 4:13 pm
SAN JOSE, California - After an up-and-down start to the season, the San Jose Sharks head into the All-Star break on quite the roll.
- 2 new women presidents to helm California state universities Updated: Jan-27-16 1:48 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Both Sonoma State University and San Jose State University have new women presidents.
- Thornton records 1,300th point, Sharks beat Avalanche 6-1 Updated: Jan-27-16 1:34 am
SAN JOSE, California - Joe Thornton reached an impressive milestone in familiar fashion: by threading one of his pinpoint passes on the power play to a wide open teammate for an easy goal.
- Earthquakes find their jersey sponsor in Sutter Health Updated: Jan-26-16 6:12 pm
SAN JOSE, California - The San Jose Earthquakes have a jersey sponsor at last.
- Super Bowl 50: Residents list rentals at super-sized prices Updated: Jan-25-16 1:41 am
SAN FRANCISCO - In the San Francisco Bay Area, where high housing costs are notorious, residents looking to make a quick buck are offering to rent their homes at super-sized prices to the 1 million visitors expected for Super Bowl 50 festivities.
- Kings rally late to beat Sharks 3-2 in OT Updated: Jan-25-16 1:38 am
SAN JOSE, California - For the Los Angeles Kings, a one-goal deficit never seems daunting no matter how late in the game it gets.
- Pavelski's late goal helps Sharks beat Wild 4-3 Updated: Jan-23-16 7:42 pm
SAN JOSE, California - When the game is on the line, Joe Pavelski just has a knack for finding the net.
- Mechanical trouble ruled out in deadly California bus crash Updated: Jan-21-16 7:47 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Investigators found no mechanical problems with the Greyhound bus that crashed in Northern California, killing two passengers.
- The Latest: Camera recovered from Greyhound bus after crash Updated: Jan-20-16 5:37 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - The latest on a deadly Greyhound bus accident (all times local):
- San Jose Sharks celebrate 25th anniversary Updated: Jan-20-16 12:27 am
SAN JOSE, California - The San Jose Sharks have come a long way from their days at the rundown Cow Palace when their signature teal jerseys seemed to be a bigger attraction than the product on the ice.