- Raiders owner Mark Davis intrigued by Las Vegas as NFL city Updated: Feb-05-16 6:41 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Owner Mark Davis has a sly response when it comes to his interest in moving the Oakland Raiders to Sin City.
- Nevada declares teacher shortage emergency as a move to hire Updated: Feb-05-16 6:05 pm
LAS VEGAS - Nevada is declaring its teacher shortage as an emergency, a move that now allows vacancy-filled schools to hire teachers from out of state who aren't yet licensed locally.
- NHP: Man to face federal charges in Vegas drug luggage case Updated: Feb-05-16 5:51 pm
LAS VEGAS - Authorities say a passenger faces a federal drug trafficking charge after he was arrested at the airport in Las Vegas with several pounds of drugs in his checked luggage.
- Adelson family announces new Las Vegas Review-Journal editor Updated: Feb-05-16 2:54 pm
LAS VEGAS - The family of billionaire casino magnate Sheldon Adelson says the Las Vegas Review-Journal has a new editor.
- Former President Bill Clinton in Nevada to boost caucus Updated: Feb-05-16 1:59 pm
LAS VEGAS - Campaign officials say former President Bill Clinton will headline rallies in Las Vegas and rural Nye County to support presidential hopeful Hillary Clinton and boost enthusiasm ahead of the Feb. 20 state Democratic caucus.
- Hearing postponed for woman in fatal Las Vegas Strip crash Updated: Feb-05-16 1:48 pm
LAS VEGAS - A 24-year-old woman accused of intentionally plowing a car into pedestrians on a Las Vegas Strip sidewalk never made it into court, and a judge postponed her appearance.
- Culinary Union backs Nevada state Sen. Kihuen for Congress Updated: Feb-05-16 1:14 pm
LAS VEGAS - Nevada's largest labor union announced it's endorsing Democratic Nevada state Sen. Ruben Kihuen in the crowded race for Rep. Cresent Hardy's congressional seat.
- TV deal means Las Vegas fans won't miss Super Bowl after all Updated: Feb-04-16 6:15 pm
LAS VEGAS - Las Vegas football fans won't miss the Super Bowl after all.
- Celine Dion says late husband protected, grounded her Updated: Feb-04-16 3:22 pm
LAS VEGAS - Celine Dion's husband protected her from the gritty business details of her career as he struck the deals that defined her superstar status, including saying yes to her mega hit from "Titanic" when she wanted to say no.
- Correction: Las Vegas-Pay To Park story Updated: Feb-04-16 2:41 pm
LAS VEGAS - In a story Feb. 2 about MGM Resorts International outsourcing its Las Vegas Strip parking operations to a Chicago-based firm, The Associated Press erroneously reported the title of MGM Resorts executive Corey Sanders. He is chief operating officer, not chief financial officer. Also, one reference to the casino company used its former name, MGM Mirage. It is MGM Resorts International. A corrected version of the story is below:
- Court hearing reset in Las Vegas Strip fight-night slaying Updated: Feb-04-16 2:36 pm
LAS VEGAS - A preliminary hearing was reset to April 6 for a 23-year-old Nevada state prison inmate facing murder charges in a fight-night slaying last May on the Las Vegas Strip.
- Clark County approves plans for Wynn shopping center Updated: Feb-04-16 1:15 pm
LAS VEGAS - The Las Vegas Strip is getting a new shopping center and a convention building with a rooftop pool as Clark County commissioners have approved the plans.
- 125-room hotel planned for near Las Vegas Motor Speedway Updated: Feb-04-16 12:45 pm
LAS VEGAS - A Las Vegas company is planning a 125-room hotel by the Las Vegas Motor Speedway.
- Downtown Grand CEO stepping down after 8 months Updated: Feb-04-16 11:04 am
LAS VEGAS - The head of the Downtown Grand casino-hotel in Las Vegas is stepping down after only eight months on the job.
- More charges filed in North Las Vegas kidnap-child sex case Updated: Feb-03-16 7:46 pm
LAS VEGAS - Dozens of additional charges have been filed against a North Las Vegas man already accused of abducting and keeping a 14-year-old Arizona girl as his sex slave for about a month.
- Las Vegas 911 dispatch system restored after 6-hour outage Updated: Feb-03-16 1:33 pm
LAS VEGAS - Police in Las Vegas are investigating what caused a six-hour breakdown of the region's main 911 emergency and 311 police and fire information systems.
- Mental status a question in Vegas Strip sidewalk gun case Updated: Feb-03-16 1:00 pm
LAS VEGAS - A judge in Las Vegas will consider the fitness for trial of a 20-year-old man accused of brandishing an unloaded handgun and feigning shots at traffic and tourists on the Las Vegas Strip.
- Prominent DREAMer from Nevada endorses Hillary Clinton Updated: Feb-03-16 11:16 am
LAS VEGAS - Eight prominent immigration activists from Nevada are endorsing Hillary Clinton for president.
- MGM Resorts outsourcing Strip parking to Chicago-based firm Updated: Feb-03-16 9:12 am
LAS VEGAS - The Las Vegas Strip casino company that announced last month it'll begin charging for parking said Tuesday it's handing the keys to the program to a Chicago-based firm.
- Democrats endorse candidate for Kirkpatrick's Assembly seat Updated: Feb-02-16 6:06 pm
NORTH LAS VEGAS, Nevada - Nevada Assembly Democrats are endorsing a North Las Vegas corrections officer for the seat formerly held by high-ranking Democratic Assemblywoman Marilyn Kirkpatrick.
- OJ Simpson not happy with portrayal of lawyer on TV show ads Updated: Feb-02-16 3:47 pm
LAS VEGAS - O.J. Simpson isn't happy with ads and interviews he's seen about a cable TV series focusing on his 1995 murder acquittal, his attorney said, but he's not upset about the way he's depicted.
- Inmate stabbed to death at High Desert prison in Nevada Updated: Feb-02-16 1:11 pm
LAS VEGAS - Authorities say a 26-year-old inmate serving time in an auto theft case is dead after a stabbing at High Desert State Prison outside Las Vegas.
- Lee, Roberson have money lead in Nevada House primaries Updated: Feb-01-16 8:37 pm
CARSON CITY, Nevada - The state of play in Nevada's four congressional races is coming into sharper focus after candidates filed quarterly financial reports over the weekend with the Federal Election Commission. Here's a look at who's ahead in the campaign money game:
- Record snow in parts of Nevada; high winds, cold in Vegas Updated: Feb-01-16 8:09 pm
RENO, Nevada - High wind advisories remained in effect across much of east-central Nevada Monday with gusts up to 50 mph but sunny skies began to melt off about a foot of record-breaking snow in other areas, and the Truckee River flowed through downtown Reno at its highest level in more than three years.
- Police: Stolen car chase led to shooting by Vegas officer Updated: Feb-01-16 8:01 pm
LAS VEGAS - A veteran Las Vegas police officer shot through the windshield of the unmarked car he was driving and wounded a man who was running from a crashed stolen car and pointing a gun at a motorcycle officer, according to an arrest report made public Monday.