- Lawsuit: Nevada worker fired for not accepting Scientology Updated: May-03-16 3:45 pm
LAS VEGAS - A Catholic woman fired from her job at a bottled water company led by a Nevada lawmaker has filed a federal lawsuit against the business, alleging she was pressured to watch videos on Scientology and was denied pay raises because of her religious beliefs.
- Ex-driver, 22, facing misdemeanor in fatal Vegas bus crash Updated: May-03-16 3:35 pm
LAS VEGAS - A 22-year-old has pleaded not guilty to misdemeanor charges almost four months after the public transit bus he was driving jumped a curb, plowed through a passenger shelter and killed a 39-year-old woman on a sidewalk near the Las Vegas Strip, authorities said Tuesday.
- Vegas teen pleads not guilty to murder in fatal stabbing Updated: May-03-16 3:17 pm
LAS VEGAS - A Las Vegas 16-year-old has pleaded not guilty as an adult to murder, robbery and conspiracy charges in the stabbing death of a man at a fast-food restaurant.
- Golden lion statue stolen from Las Vegas median found Updated: May-02-16 11:00 pm
LAS VEGAS - Authorities say a golden lion statue that was taken from an art installation on a Las Vegas street median has been found.
- 2 killed in stunt 'air combat' plane crash near Vegas Updated: May-02-16 4:06 pm
LAS VEGAS - The two men killed when a stunt plane crashed near Las Vegas were performing "air combat" maneuvers as part of a paid flight experience provided by a tourism company catering to extreme adventure-seekers.
- Jazz fest's last day finishes soggy, but strong Updated: May-01-16 9:40 pm
NEW ORLEANS - Wind, rain and a lightning strike beside the stage where Bonnie Raitt was singing didn't stop the soggy last day of the New Orleans Jazz and Heritage Festival from rollicking to a close.
- Plane in fatal crash belonged to Vegas stunt-flying company Updated: May-01-16 8:50 pm
LAS VEGAS - A single-engine plane that crashed and killed two people was owned by a Las Vegas-area tourism company that lets customers feel what it's like to be a fighter pilot.
- Man found shot in east Las Vegas street Updated: May-01-16 4:07 pm
LAS VEGAS - Police are investigating the shooting of a man found injured in an east Las Vegas street.
- Fire decimates Old Las Vegas Zoo building Updated: May-01-16 1:43 pm
LAS VEGAS - Fire officials are looking into a blaze that tore through the old Las Vegas Zoo building.
- Man shot in possible road rage shooting in North Las Vegas Updated: Apr-30-16 7:13 pm
NORTH LAS VEGAS, Nevada - Police in North Las Vegas say a shooting that wounded a man may be the result of road rage.
- Areas of Las Vegas drenched by morning rainfall Updated: Apr-30-16 7:09 pm
LAS VEGAS - Las Vegas residents woke up to the sounds of heavy rainfall this morning.
- Man found shot to death in east Las Vegas street Updated: Apr-30-16 7:08 pm
LAS VEGAS - Police are investigating the shooting death of a man found lying in a Las Vegas street.
- Las Vegas junior high teacher arrested for sex crimes Updated: Apr-30-16 4:28 pm
LAS VEGAS - A Las Vegas junior high school teacher is accused of engaging in sexual activity involving a student.
- Clark County schools try to attract veterans as teachers Updated: Apr-30-16 3:47 pm
LAS VEGAS - The Clark County School District is looking to fill more than 2,000 open teaching positions with an accelerated teacher training program for military veterans and their spouses.
- UNR leaders want more guidelines for cheater punishments Updated: Apr-30-16 11:22 am
LAS VEGAS - Leaders at the two major universities in Nevada don't seem to agree on how to dish out punishment equally and consistently among cheating students.
- As researchers fret, Devil's Hole pupfish just keep swimming Updated: Apr-30-16 11:10 am
LAS VEGAS - For one of the world's most endangered species, the Devil's Hole pupfish is having a pretty good year.
- Raiders in Las Vegas? It's still several hurdles away Updated: Apr-29-16 8:47 pm
LAS VEGAS - Raiders owner Mark Davis pledged this week to relocate his NFL team from Oakland to Las Vegas if a proposed $1.4 billion, 65,000-seat domed stadium is built. Here are some hurdles the proposal would have to clear before becoming reality.
- Doughty, Karlsson, Burns finalists for Norris Trophy Updated: Apr-29-16 8:20 pm
NEW YORK - Los Angeles' Drew Doughty, Ottawa's Erik Karlsson and San Jose's Brent Burns are the finalists for the James Norris Memorial Trophy as the NHL's top defenseman.
- Vegas water district official departs, FBI probing purchases Updated: Apr-29-16 1:23 pm
LAS VEGAS - At least one former Las Vegas water district official is no longer on the payroll, and federal authorities are investigating allegations that a purchasing agent made $4 million worth of unauthorized purchases that were shipped to a New Jersey address.
- New date in knife case against man held in Vegas mom slaying Updated: Apr-29-16 5:53 am
LAS VEGAS - A judge has pushed back a court date to May 19 for a defendant trying to withdraw his guilty pleas to assault with a weapon in one case, and shooting and killing a Las Vegas mom a neighborhood cul-de-sac in another case.
- Clark County weighs closing 3 behavioral schools Updated: Apr-28-16 11:04 pm
LAS VEGAS - The Clark County School District is considering closing three behavioral schools in Las Vegas due to low enrollment, a move that would free up about $2.5 million for other schools.
- Bergeron, Kesler, Kopitar are Selke Trophy finalists Updated: Apr-28-16 8:11 pm
NEW YORK - Boston's Patrice Bergeron, Anaheim's Ryan Kesler and Los Angeles' Anze Kopitar are the finalists for the Frank J. Selke Trophy as the NHL's top defensive forward.
- UNLV law professor nominated for federal judge in Nevada Updated: Apr-28-16 6:02 pm
LAS VEGAS - A University of Nevada, Las Vegas, law professor has been nominated by President Barack Obama for a judgeship on the U.S. District Court in Nevada.
- Wyoming to play in Las Vegas basketball tournament Updated: Apr-28-16 5:07 pm
LARAMIE, Wyoming - The Wyoming men's basketball team will play in the Continental Tire Las Vegas Classic next season.
- Raiders owner to Las Vegas: Build it and we will come Updated: Apr-28-16 4:51 pm
LAS VEGAS - Mark Davis was beaming as he posed with fans behind a black and silver "Las Vegas Raiders" banner. He made a few jokes before delivering a $500 million commitment to a new stadium in the city for his team.