- Driver flees after hitting Las Vegas police motorcycle Updated: Sep-05-15 12:27 pm
LAS VEGAS - Authorities say a man was likely intoxicated when he hit a parked Las Vegas police motorcycle and then fled the scene.
- Schools face incomplete data after Common Core test troubles Updated: Sep-05-15 10:59 am
LAS VEGAS - Last school year, Common Core-aligned standardized tests marched forward, going from paper-and-pencil to the computer to allow for questions to adapt in difficulty based on a student's answer. A new baseline of testing data was expected as a result. However, many states had technical issues with the electronic form that left them unable to complete the testing. Others saw an unprecedented spread of refusals. That means a new school year without complete testing data in many areas.
- Las Vegas Convention Center tries tracking smartphones Updated: Sep-05-15 9:46 am
LAS VEGAS - In the past few months, signs at the Las Vegas Convention Center have sounded an ominous warning: "The Las Vegas Convention Center collects location information from mobile devices. If you prefer not to participate, please turn off your Wi-Fi and Bluetooth function or power off."
- Sandoval makes last-ditch appeal to BLM over sage grouse Updated: Sep-04-15 9:16 pm
LAS VEGAS - Nevada Gov. Brian Sandoval made a last-ditch appeal to the federal Bureau of Land Management to accept Nevada's recommendations for protecting the greater sage grouse.
- Man famous for MIT blackjack exploits to address casinos Updated: Sep-04-15 7:52 pm
LAS VEGAS - A man who wouldn't be welcome to play blackjack in any Las Vegas casino will be the keynote speaker at the gambling industry's annual Global Gaming Expo.
- Jury: No parole for ex-Vegas firefighter in wife murder case Updated: Sep-04-15 7:25 pm
LAS VEGAS - A 43-year-old former Las Vegas firefighter and U.S. Military Academy graduate should never get out of prison for hiring a homeless ex-convict to kill his cocktail server wife, a jury decided Friday.
- Vegas police officer wounded, 2 in custody after shootout Updated: Sep-04-15 5:47 pm
LAS VEGAS - Las Vegas police say 20-year-old Clemon Hudson and 24-year-old Steven Turner face attempted murder and burglary charges after an early morning shootout wounded a veteran police officer. Police say a third suspect may have fled the scene.
- Las Vegas expects 315,000 visitors this Labor Day weekend Updated: Sep-04-15 6:20 am
LAS VEGAS - Sin City is expected to see a boost in Labor Day traffic and visitors with officials estimating 315,000 people will fill most of the Las Vegas area's 149,000 hotel rooms.
- MCSO: 6 ½ pounds of meth seized off a passenger bus on US 60 Updated: Sep-04-15 6:14 am
WICKENBURG, Arizona - Maricopa County Sheriff's detectives have seized about 6 ½ pounds of methamphetamine off a passenger bus near Wickenburg that was headed for Las Vegas.
- Lawler-Condit welterweight title bout rescheduled for Jan. 2 Updated: Sep-04-15 1:50 am
LAS VEGAS - Robbie Lawler's welterweight title bout against Carlos Condit has been rescheduled for UFC 195 on Jan. 2.
- Report faults VA management for construction cost overruns Updated: Sep-03-15 9:23 pm
AURORA, Colorado - Huge cost overruns and long delays at new VA hospitals in Colorado, Florida and Louisiana were caused by multiple design changes, mismanaged contracts or poor budget controls, according to Army Corps of Engineers reports released Thursday.
- Court revives Nevada welfare office voter registration suit Updated: Sep-03-15 8:08 pm
LAS VEGAS - A federal appeals court revived a lawsuit saying Nevada public assistance offices weren't doing enough to help low-income clients register to vote.
- Champion Johnson in tough rematch with Dodson at UFC 191 Updated: Sep-03-15 6:03 pm
LOS ANGELES - Although Demetrious Johnson's reign as the UFC's flyweight champion is approaching historic lengths, he gets only a fraction of the attention lavished on the world's other top mixed martial artists.
- Arcade-style gambling games inch closer to Nevada casinos Updated: Sep-03-15 3:26 pm
LAS VEGAS - Arcade-style slot machines that might require skill to win could be in Nevada casinos as early as next year, according to one game maker's estimate now that a single regulatory vote remains.
- Clark County to reconsider permit application for Moapa zoo Updated: Sep-03-15 10:13 am
LAS VEGAS - The Clark County Zoning Commission is reconsidering a permit application that could reopen an unaccredited zoo in Moapa.
- Avicii cancels rest of 2015 shows at Wynn Las Vegas clubs Updated: Sep-03-15 6:17 am
LAS VEGAS - Wynn Las Vegas says its resident DJ Avicii (ah-VEE-chee) is cancelling the remainder of his shows at XS and Encore Beach Club this year to take a break.
- Australia woman hit near Vegas Strip in critical condition Updated: Sep-03-15 6:16 am
LAS VEGAS - Authorities say a 20-year-old Australia woman remained hospitalized in critical condition after being struck by a vehicle while crossing a restricted roadway just off the Las Vegas Strip.
- Felony DUI trial reset for man held in crash that killed 2 Updated: Sep-03-15 6:14 am
LAS VEGAS - Trial has been reset to Dec. 7 for a 22-year-old Henderson man facing felony charges that could get him up to 40 years in prison in a high-speed crash that killed two teenage women in southeast Las Vegas.
- Police arrest 18-year-olds in shooting death in Vegas home Updated: Sep-02-15 8:47 pm
LAS VEGAS - Police say they have arrested three 18-year-old men in connection with the shooting death of a man found Monday night in his northwest Las Vegas valley home.
- Taming Las Vegas street performances tabled until Sept. 16 Updated: Sep-02-15 8:03 pm
LAS VEGAS - A proposal to tame the often rowdy and revealing gauntlet of downtown Las Vegas entertainers will get more time for city leaders to craft the rules.
- Police say man killed had gun, turned toward Vegas officer Updated: Sep-02-15 7:26 pm
LAS VEGAS - A 25-year-old ex-convict who was killed by Las Vegas police last weekend was turning with a gun in his hand toward the officer who shot him twice in the back as they ran into an industrial area of North Las Vegas, a police official said.
- North Vegas police: Speed probed in teen pedestrian death Updated: Sep-02-15 4:08 pm
NORTH LAS VEGAS, Nevada - Police say speed may be a factor in the death of a high school senior who was struck and fatally injured by an SUV at an unmarked crossing on a busy North Las Vegas street.
- US official in Nevada highlights kids in parks campaign Updated: Sep-02-15 3:39 pm
LAS VEGAS - The nation's top Interior Department official led a delegation of schoolchildren to a scenic national area outside Las Vegas on Wednesday to highlight a federal "Every Kid in a Park" campaign.
- Sands China recruits Alan Dershowitz for lawsuit appeal Updated: Sep-01-15 9:28 pm
LAS VEGAS - Famed attorney Alan Dershowitz was recruited by Sands China Ltd. on Tuesday to argue that Nevada's Supreme Court should dismiss a wrongful termination lawsuit filed by the company's former CEO five years ago.
- Jury deliberating in Las Vegas firefighter wife slaying case Updated: Sep-01-15 8:56 pm
LAS VEGAS - A prosecutor on Tuesday cast a homeless ex-convict who admits killing a former Las Vegas firefighter's wife as a witless dupe, and suggested the woman's estranged husband-turned-murder defendant nearly plotted the perfect crime.