- Prison guard says he fired as he was punched at biker brawl Updated: May-03-16 5:29 pm
DENVER - A corrections officer who killed a man during a shootout at a Denver motorcycle show said he fired the first shot because members of another biker group were punching and cornering him, according to police reports released Tuesday that offer a new glimpse into the chaotic brawl.
- Colorado lawmakers reject labeling marijuana as organic Updated: May-03-16 5:10 pm
DENVER - A Colorado proposal to certify organic marijuana has been rejected amid concerns the labels would imply pot is healthy.
- It takes a village to corral a loose llama in Colorado Updated: May-03-16 4:55 pm
BOULDER, Colorado - It took a village and two hours to corral an uncooperative llama named Ethel who escaped from her pasture in rural Colorado and wandered near some busy roadways.
- Broncos' Siemian trusts he'll get a shot at starting, too Updated: May-03-16 4:36 pm
ENGLEWOOD, Colorado - Quarterback Trevor Siemian is stuck between the future and the present, a project in first-rounder Paxton Lynch and a placeholder in Mark Sanchez.
- Man dies after canoe capsizes in Colorado lake Updated: May-03-16 4:15 pm
LOVELAND, Colorado - The Loveland Fire Rescue Authority says a canoe capsized on a lake north of Denver, leaving one man dead.
- Colorado Senate passes juvenile life-sentencing bill Updated: May-03-16 3:46 pm
DENVER - Colorado's GOP-led Senate overwhelmingly passed legislation Tuesday that would bring the state in line with U.S. Supreme Court rulings that mandatory life sentences without parole for youth offenders are unconstitutional.
- Colorado a step closer on tough student data privacy law Updated: May-03-16 3:25 pm
DENVER - Colorado is one step closer to adopting one of the nation's toughest state laws to protect the privacy of student data.
- Denver suburb uses pot sales tax revenue to help homeless Updated: May-03-16 2:35 pm
AURORA, Colorado - The Denver suburb of Aurora is using recreational marijuana sales tax revenue to help the homeless.
- Colorado's battle over regulating fracking shifts to ballot Updated: May-03-16 2:14 pm
DENVER - Colorado's battle over who should regulate fracking - and how much - now shifts to the November election after the state Supreme Court overturned attempts by local governments to impose their own rules.
- Colorado summit recognizes art has economic role Updated: May-03-16 12:00 pm
CARBONDALE, Colorado - Carbondale is using a gathering of creative Coloradoans to show off its artists and performers.
- Colorado agriculture department awards fruit study grants Updated: May-03-16 11:56 am
BROOMFIELD, Colorado - The Colorado Department of Agriculture has awarded Colorado State University a $18,684 grant to help peach growers in western Colorado find ways control a canker disease that has hit productivity, profitability, and orchard health.
- Denver Zoo euthanizes lion suffering from liver disease. Updated: May-03-16 10:54 am
DENVER - The Denver Zoo has euthanized a 3-year-old lion that had been suffering from liver disease.
- Molson Coors profit nearly doubles on Vancouver brewery sale Updated: May-03-16 10:23 am
DENVER - Beer maker Molson Coors Brewing said Tuesday that its first-quarter profit nearly doubled as it sold a brewery in Canada.
- Man pleads guilty in fatal shooting outside strip club Updated: May-03-16 5:48 am
DENVER - A man charged with fatally shooting a man outside a strip club in Denver last year has reached a plea deal with prosecutors.
- Westminster man arrested after wife found shot to death Updated: May-02-16 10:39 pm
WESTMINSTER, Colorado - A Westminster man who told investigators his wife killed herself has been arrested on a charge of first-degree murder.
- Denver firefighters battling blaze find body in closet Updated: May-02-16 9:39 pm
DENVER - An investigation is underway after firefighters battling a blaze at a popular bagel shop in Denver found a body in a closet.
- US Senate hopeful Blaha tries to get name on primary ballot Updated: May-02-16 9:21 pm
DENVER - Robert Blaha is challenging a finding by Colorado's top elections official, who said the businessman did not collect enough voter signatures to put his name on the ballot for the state's Republican U.S. Senate primary.
- 2 people involved in murder-suicide in Loveland ID'd Updated: May-02-16 8:29 pm
LOVELAND, Colorado - Authorities have released the names of two people who were involved in a murder-suicide in Loveland.
- Driver who hit, killed woman in Boulder will be cited Updated: May-02-16 8:20 pm
BOULDER, Colorado - Prosecutors say the driver of a truck that hit and killed an elderly woman in Boulder will be cited with careless driving.
- Mark Sanchez sees Paxton Lynch selection as endorsement Updated: May-02-16 6:03 pm
ENGLEWOOD, Colorado - Normally, watching the boss trade up in the first round of the NFL draft to take a player at your position wouldn't be such good news. Mark Sanchez saw it as a vote of confidence.
- Colorado pot-in-schools bill nearing governor's desk Updated: May-02-16 4:44 pm
DENVER - Colorado schools would be required to allow medical marijuana use under a bill nearing its final vote in the state Legislature.
- Stepson, friend held in death of small town Colorado vet Updated: May-02-16 4:40 pm
BURLINGTON, Colorado - Authorities investigating the death of a veterinarian in Burlington say her stepson and another man are suspected of killing the woman and stealing items from her home.
- No charges for La Junta officers in MMA fighter's force case Updated: May-02-16 3:48 pm
LA JUNTA, Colorado - A grand jury has declined to indict a pair of La Junta police officers who were accused of excessive force after picking up a mixed martial arts fighter for being drunk in public.
- Bear found in Colorado apartment more scared than scary Updated: May-02-16 1:11 pm
AVON, Colorado - A bear caught rummaging through a refrigerator in an apartment in Colorado's mountains turned out to be more scared than scary.
- Colorado clinic reopens 5 months after deadly shooting Updated: May-02-16 12:08 pm
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colorado - A Colorado Planned Parenthood clinic has reopened five months after an attack by a gunman left three people dead and nine more injured.