- Hamilton victory seems destined in Abu Dhabi Updated: Nov-26-15 8:50 am
ABU DHABI, United Arab Emirates - Lewis Hamilton is aiming to finish off his championship-winning season with a victory in Formula One's season-ending grand prix this weekend, and with the streets of Abu Dhabi festooned with the British driver's No.44, such an outcome seems predestined.
- Parched Emirates relies on sea as groundwater runs out Updated: Nov-24-15 1:54 am
ABU DHABI, United Arab Emirates - As skyscrapers and gleaming towers rose with lightning speed across the United Arab Emirates over the past two decades, the Gulf nation's thirst for water grew at an enormous rate - so much so that today, it threatens to dry up all of the country's groundwater in as little as 15 years, experts say.
- UAE court sentences Islamist Kuwaiti politician for critique Updated: Nov-23-15 2:53 pm
DUBAI, United Arab Emirates - The United Arab Emirates' state news agency says the country's Federal Supreme Court has convicted a former Islamist lawmaker from Kuwait of insulting the country's leadership and spreading false rumors in a televised interview
- Kerry: US trying to speed up efforts to defeat Islamic State Updated: Nov-23-15 11:07 am
ABU DHABI, United Arab Emirates - The United States is seeking new military, counterterrorism and diplomatic ideas to destroy the Islamic State group faster, Secretary of State John Kerry said Monday, acknowledging the difficulty in eliminating extremists who've exploited four years of chaos in the Middle East to become a global threat. He said greater military cooperation with Russia was possible under the right circumstances.
- Spieth, Fowler to play Abu Dhabi with McIlroy Updated: Nov-11-15 10:53 am
ABU DHABI, United Arab Emirates - Masters and U.S. Open champion Jordan Spieth completed his early-season Asia swing with Wednesday's announcement that he will play the Abu Dhabi HSBC Golf Championship in January.
- Strain of low oil prices apparent even at plush Gulf meeting Updated: Nov-09-15 12:34 pm
ABU DHABI, United Arab Emirates - On stage only a short time after the United Arab Emirates said it would increase its oil production despite low worldwide prices, the oil and gas minister of neighboring Oman didn't pull any punches.
- UPenn enters deal with Abu Dhabi-based VPS Healthcare Updated: Nov-02-15 7:35 am
ABU DHABI, United Arab Emirates - The University of Pennsylvania Health System has entered a partnership with Abu Dhabi-based VPS Healthcare.
- British foreign minister discusses climate change in Gulf Updated: Oct-29-15 2:01 pm
ABU DHABI, United Arab Emirates - Speaking from a Gulf nation whose skyscrapers rose on oil wealth, Britain's foreign secretary called Thursday on the rest of the wealthy Arab world to put their money toward renewable and clean energy ahead of the landmark climate change conference in Paris later this year.
- Already home to a ski hill, Emirates may get a snow park Updated: Oct-29-15 1:59 pm
ABU DHABI, United Arab Emirates - Already home to a ski hill inside a mall, the sunbaked deserts of the United Arab Emirates soon may be home to a snow park too.