- Reports: Emirati teen convicted for joining IS in Syria Updated: May-24-16 2:26 am
DUBAI, United Arab Emirates - State media in the UAE are reporting that an Emirati teenager who joined the Islamic State group in Syria and fought there has been sentenced to five years in prison.
- Report: Alleged sexual assault sparked Dubai police shooting Updated: May-17-16 2:17 am
DUBAI, United Arab Emirates - A state-owned newspaper in the United Arab Emirates is reporting that an alleged sexual assault caused a Dubai police officer to fatally shoot his colleague.
- The Latest: Solar plane lands in Oklahoma along global trip Updated: May-13-16 1:23 am
TULSA, Oklahoma - The Latest on a solar-powered airplane making an around-the-world journey (all times local):
- 3 sports journalists in Abu Dhabi convicted of slander Updated: May-11-16 9:12 am
DUBAI, United Arab Emirates - Three journalists who appeared on a Dubai television sports channel and criticized the network's Abu Dhabi competitor have received three-month suspended prison sentences for slander, state-backed media reported.
- Life sentence for UAE man whose wife murdered US citizen Updated: May-09-16 9:35 am
DUBAI, United Arab Emirates - A court in the United Arab Emirates handed a life sentence on Monday to the husband of an Emirati woman who was executed for the murder of an American school teacher.
- Severe turbulence injures 32 on Etihad flight to Indonesia Updated: May-04-16 11:51 am
DUBAI, United Arab Emirates - Thirty-one passengers and a crew member aboard an Etihad Airways flight were injured Wednesday when their plane ran into sudden turbulence as it prepared to land in the Indonesian capital, Jakarta.
- Etihad Airways announces $103M profit for 2015 Updated: Apr-27-16 10:02 am
DUBAI, United Arab Emirates - Etihad Airways on Wednesday announced profits of $103 million in 2015 off total revenues of $9.02 billion, marking a fifth year in the black on its strategy of partnering with other carriers.