- Jordan Spieth: the target inside and outside the ropes Updated: Feb-09-16 12:26 pm
PEBBLE BEACH, California - Jordan Spieth had to work his way through about 100 people who blocked his path to the first tee at Pebble Beach. They held out tournament tickets, caps, glossy photos and Masters flags for him to sign, and some asked him to stop for pictures.
- UAE says it's prepared to send ground forces to Syria Updated: Feb-07-16 7:27 am
ABU DHABI, United Arab Emirates - A top official in the United Arab Emirates said Sunday that his country is prepared to send ground troops to Syria to fight Islamic State militants as part of an international coalition.
- Guardiola to become Man City manager, replacing Pellegrini Updated: Feb-01-16 1:09 pm
MANCHESTER, England - Pep Guardiola and Manchester City have long been considered a likely match: Soccer's most admired coach and a club with massive spending power seeking to become the dominant force in Europe.
- Jordan Spieth's international tour continues in Singapore Updated: Jan-26-16 12:05 am
SINGAPORE - Jordan Spieth's worldwide golf adventure continues this week at the Singapore Open, where he says the weather reminds him a bit of his home state of Texas.
- Fowler eyes major to merit inclusion in golf's elite Updated: Jan-25-16 4:59 am
ABU DHABI, United Arab Emirates - Golf's new "Big Three" has been around for only a few months, and already there's talk of the exclusive group being expanded.
- Fowler wins in Abu Dhabi, another near miss for McIlroy Updated: Jan-24-16 10:32 am
ABU DHABI, United Arab Emirates - Rickie Fowler puffed his cheeks and shook his head. What looked like being a procession to the Abu Dhabi Championship title ended up being a squeeze for the American on Sunday.
- Globe-trotter Spieth 'beat up, mentally and physically' Updated: Jan-24-16 9:38 am
ABU DHABI, United Arab Emirates - Jordan Spieth's globe-trotting days are over, at least for the foreseeable future.
- Ryder Cup, not flight to space, appeals to Sullivan in 2016 Updated: Jan-22-16 9:40 am
ABU DHABI, United Arab Emirates - A flight to space in 2016 doesn't appeal to Andy Sullivan. For the English golfer, this year is mostly about one lofty ambition - getting in Europe's Ryder Cup team.
- 'The Golf Scientist' tames Abu Dhabi field with unique style Updated: Jan-21-16 9:16 am
ABU DHABI, United Arab Emirates - Bryson DeChambeau was still in high school when he told his father: "I think I can change the game of golf."
- Short game: European Tour allows shorts in practice, pro-ams Updated: Jan-20-16 8:05 am
ABU DHABI, United Arab Emirates - Golfers on the European Tour have a new item of clothing to pack in their suitcases.
- McIlroy expects better short game, putting after eye surgery Updated: Jan-20-16 4:42 am
ABU DHABI, United Arab Emirates - Rory McIlroy expects his short game and putting to be better this year after undergoing laser eye surgery during his two-month break from competitive golf.
- Spieth's top goal in 2016: Winning the Ryder Cup with US Updated: Jan-20-16 3:56 am
ABU DHABI, United Arab Emirates - Forget the majors, forget an Olympic gold medal: Jordan Spieth's big goal in 2016 is winning the Ryder Cup with the United States.
- Emirati police officer in court for filming Messi's passport Updated: Jan-19-16 8:15 am
DUBAI, United Arab Emirates - A police officer in the United Arab Emirates has appeared in court over filming himself holding Barcelona star Lionel Messi's passport.
- Donaldson picks up chainsaw injury, misses Abu Dhabi event Updated: Jan-18-16 1:09 pm
LONDON - Welsh golfer Jamie Donaldson looks set to miss this week's Abu Dhabi HSBC Golf Championship after tangling with a chainsaw and picking up a severe finger injury.