- Appeals court returns 1972 infant death case to Belleville Updated: May-26-16 10:47 pm
BELLEVILLE, Illinois - An Illinois appeals court has overturned a lower court's decision to dismiss a first-degree murder charge against an Indiana man in a 1-year-old boy's death more than 40 years ago.
- Illinois man charged in fatal downtown St. Louis carjacking Updated: May-25-16 6:09 pm
ST. LOUIS - A 19-year-old Illinois man has been charged with first-degree murder in connection with a downtown St. Louis carjacking in which a 9-month-old was thrown from the car after her mother was shot.
- Lawyers contribute to congressional campaign of judge's son Updated: May-23-16 5:59 pm
BELLEVILLE, Illinois - Illinois U.S. House 12th District candidate C.J. Baricevic has gotten most of his campaign funding from attorneys who work in the Belleville-based court system headed by his father, according to a newspaper's recent analysis.
- Group aiming to prevent veteran suicides meets in Belleville Updated: May-22-16 10:12 am
BELLEVILLE, Illinois - A state-appointed Illinois task force aimed at preventing suicides among veterans has met in Belleville.
- Audit: State lottery broke law to get around budget impasse Updated: May-21-16 4:10 pm
BELLEVILLE, Illinois - The state's auditor general says the Illinois Lottery violated state finance law by prepaying $20 million to ensure it could participate in future multi-state lottery games even without a state budget.
- EXCHANGE: Mentors help autistic student with social graces Updated: May-15-16 10:21 am
BELLEVILLE, Illinois - At first look, it's hard to tell who in the peer mentoring program has autism and who is in regular education at Belleville's Westhaven Elementary school.
- Belleville Vietnam memorial is teen's Eagle Scout project Updated: May-07-16 5:55 pm
BELLEVILLE, Illinois - A Belleville East High School Boy Scout could see his project to create a local Vietnam veterans memorial dedicated by month's end.
- Belleville votes to dissolve overlapping township Updated: May-03-16 10:44 pm
BELLEVILLE, Illinois - Belleville elected leaders have voted unanimously to dissolve a township serving the same area as the city.
- Illinois man charged with threatening prosecutor Updated: Apr-30-16 4:00 pm
BELLEVILLE, Illinois - A southwestern Illinois man has been charged with threatening the life of St. Clair County State's Attorney Brendan Kelly.