- EXCHANGE: Mail carrier honored for helping rescue couple Updated: Jul-06-15 5:03 am
SWANSEA, Illinois - Mail carrier Don Fix noticed something was amiss at the Nelsons' home last fall.
- Cleanup of coal ash in Belleville to begin soon Updated: Jul-06-15 4:09 am
BELLEVILLE, Illinois - A $35 million cleanup job to remove hazardous coal ash from a downtown Belleville site will soon begin after a brief delay.
- East St. Louis paid big legal fees to state senator's firm Updated: Jul-04-15 4:26 pm
EAST ST. LOUIS, Illinois - A published report says cash-strapped East St. Louis paid state Sen. James Clayborne's law firm more than $775,000 in its first year as the city's corporate counsel.
- Records: Man accused of pulling gun on trooper has record Updated: Jul-04-15 10:05 am
BELLEVILLE, Illinois - Records show a man accused of firing shots at a state trooper allegedly pulled a gun on a Madison County deputy in 2001.
- Union lawsuit seek full pay despite no Illinois budget Updated: Jul-02-15 10:11 pm
BELLEVILLE, Illinois - Unions representing Illinois state employees have filed a lawsuit demanding they will be paid in full and on time despite the lack of a 2016 fiscal year budget.
- Belleville woman pleads guilty in newborn son's suffocation Updated: Jul-02-15 12:46 pm
BELLEVILLE, Illinois - A southern Illinois woman who tried to drown her newborn daughter in a toilet has pleaded guilty but mentally ill to charges she wrapped her newborn son in a towel and plastic bag and left him in a drawer to die.
- Police launch investigation into southwest Illinois pantry Updated: Jun-25-15 5:50 pm
CAHOKIA, Illinois - Authorities in southwestern Illinois have launched an investigation into claims a city pantry was poorly run.
- Belleville campus president leaves for Florida college Updated: Jun-23-15 4:49 am
BELLEVILLE, Illinois - The president of Lindenwood University's Belleville campus is leaving for an administrative job at a Florida arts college.
- Belleville man gets 7 years in prison on meth charges Updated: Jun-18-15 4:22 pm
BELLEVILE, Illinois - A former Belleville roofer has been sentenced to seven years in prison after pleading guilty to making methamphetamine.
- Belleville hospital looks to align with St. Louis provider Updated: Jun-17-15 4:11 am
BELLEVILLE, Illinois - A Belleville hospital is asking Illinois regulators to approve an ownership change that would bring it under the umbrella of a prominent St. Louis network.
- Belleville to seek historic designation for area of city Updated: Jun-14-15 5:34 pm
BELLEVILLE, Illinois - The city of Belleville is attempting to get another area recognized for its historic prominence.
- Governor appoints Belleville attorney to Court of Claims Updated: Jun-13-15 10:59 am
BELLEVILLE, Illinois - A Belleville attorney has been appointed to serve as a judge on the Illinois Court of Claims, which handles lawsuits against the state.
- Southwest Illinois woman charged in newborn drowning death Updated: Jun-12-15 5:47 pm
BELLEVILLE, Illinois - A 25-year-old southwestern Illinois woman has been charged with first-degree murder for the drowning death of her newborn son in a bathroom toilet.
- Relatives raise questions in wake of nursing home deaths Updated: Jun-07-15 11:56 am
CAHOKIA, Illinois - Family members are raising questions about care at a southwest Illinois nursing home after two residents died in April.