- Freeway opens with demolition of LA bridge ahead of schedule Updated: Feb-07-16 2:18 pm
LOS ANGELES - Demolition crews brought down a portion of a famed downtown Los Angeles bridge sooner than expected, allowing for the early reopening Sunday of a section of U.S. 101 that was closed for much of the weekend.
- Woman killed, child injured in four-vehicle Hollywood crash Updated: Feb-07-16 11:43 am
LOS ANGELES - Los Angeles authorities say a 70-year-old woman was killed and two others were injured in a crash involving four vehicles on a residential street in Hollywood.
- Inarritu wins top DGA prize, further obscuring awards season Updated: Feb-07-16 4:05 am
LOS ANGELES - An unclear cinematic season got a little foggier on Saturday with Alejandro Inarritu's Directors Guild win for his harrowing frontier epic "The Revenant." With only weeks to go before the Academy Awards on Feb. 28, the race is still as wide open as ever.
- Michael B. Jordan wins big at NAACP Image Awards Updated: Feb-06-16 3:56 am
LOS ANGELES - It was a total knockout for Michael B. Jordan at the NAACP Image Awards in a ceremony that took several jabs at Hollywood for the lack of racial diversity.
- Inglewood's stadium rising soon, hoping to host Super Bowls Updated: Feb-06-16 2:55 am
INGLEWOOD, California - The 50-yard line is still dirt and weeds around a protruding yellow pipe used for water table measurement. There isn't much more than vacant space and idle construction equipment within a few minutes' walk in any direction.
- Ashley Cole: I joined LA Galaxy for trophies, not beaches Updated: Feb-05-16 5:35 pm
CARSON, California - Ashley Cole freely acknowledges he once compared Major League Soccer to relaxing on a beach.
- Lions Gate shares plunge on earns miss as merger hopes fade Updated: Feb-05-16 3:06 pm
LOS ANGELES - Shares of Hollywood studio Lions Gate plunged Friday after it missed earnings expectations due to the underperformance of the finale of "The Hunger Games" and investors fled as hopes diminished for the company to become an acquisition vehicle.
- Multi-Ethnic Media Coalition wants full Hollywood diversity Updated: Feb-04-16 3:50 pm
LOS ANGELES - Organizations representing Hispanics, Asian-Americans and Native Americans, who joined with the NAACP in 2000 to increase minority hiring in the TV industry, are broadening their focus to the big screen.
- Meet 'Hail, Caesar!' breakout Alden Ehrenreich Updated: Feb-04-16 3:26 pm
LOS ANGELES - "This is my favorite place," says Alden Ehrenreich.
- Will Peyton's dream scenario come true vs Panthers? Updated: Feb-04-16 2:56 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - It's the perfect scenario, a Hollywood-type script: Peyton Manning emulates John Elway and rides off into the sunset with the Lombardi Trophy in his grip.
- 5 places in L.A. to soak up Oscars vibes Updated: Feb-04-16 2:55 pm
LOS ANGELES - It's Oscar season in Los Angeles. With the 88th annual Academy Awards scheduled for Feb. 28, here are five places in L.A. to soak up those glitzy Oscars vibes and maybe even run into one of the nominees.
- Halle Berry: Hollywood not truthful about people of color Updated: Feb-02-16 4:33 pm
RANCHO PALOS VERDES, California - Halle Berry said Hollywood's lack of diversity stems from a lack of honesty. Filmmakers and actors should tell the truth, she said, "and the films, I think, that are coming out of Hollywood aren't truthful."
- Debbie Allen, Tracee Ellis Ross to be honored by Essence Updated: Feb-02-16 10:15 am
LOS ANGELES - Debbie Allen, "black-ish" star Tracee Ellis Ross and entertainment attorney Nina Shaw will be honored by Essence magazine at its pre-Oscars luncheon later this month.
- Chris Pine on his accidental career and 'The Finest Hours' Updated: Jan-28-16 11:52 am
WEST HOLLYWOOD, California - Looking at Chris Pine's career, it's hard to imagine that he hadn't always harbored a lifelong passion to be an actor.
- 'Big Short' wins Producers award; #OSW crisis also in room Updated: Jan-24-16 3:00 am
LOS ANGELES - Star-studded financial crisis comedy "The Big Short" gained some much-need Oscar equity Saturday night, receiving the Producers Guild of America's highest film award at a Los Angeles ceremony that also reflected on Hollywood's diversity crisis.
- The Latest: Cheadle says diversity issue goes beyond Academy Updated: Jan-22-16 7:15 pm
BEVERLY HILLS, California - The latest on Friday's statement by the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences on a series of diversity reforms approved by the board of governors late Thursday (all times PST):
- Dickerson, Everett see stars lining up for Rams in LA return Updated: Jan-18-16 7:02 pm
LOS ANGELES - Eric Dickerson can't wait to take his two youngest children to their first Los Angeles Rams game this fall alongside the same fans who cheered him to the greatest single-season rushing performance in NFL history.
- Police fatally shoot burglary suspect in Hollywood Hills Updated: Jan-17-16 11:48 am
LOS ANGELES - Los Angeles police say officers shot and killed a burglary suspect in a residential neighborhood in the Hollywood Hills.
- Kroenke heralds Rams' return after "long road" back to LA Updated: Jan-15-16 8:34 pm
INGLEWOOD, California - Stan Kroenke stepped to the microphones at the Forum with football fans chanting "We love Stan!"
- Heart-pounding action? Hollywood can now measure that Updated: Jan-15-16 6:48 pm
LOS ANGELES - Ever been told a movie is a heart-pounding thriller that'll have you on the edge of your seat? Thanks to wearable technology, Hollywood has the tools to prove it.
- Nominations set stage for Oscar sequel, starring Inarritu Updated: Jan-14-16 6:40 pm
Coming soon: "Oscars: The Sequel."
- Stella McCartney on trend with star-studded Hollywood soiree Updated: Jan-13-16 6:49 am
LOS ANGELES - Move over New York City, Paris and Milan, there's a new fashionista on the rise: Los Angeles.
- Veteran Hollywood publicist talks movies, memories Updated: Jan-11-16 2:28 pm
LOS ANGELES - Publicist Dick Guttman, a prominent part of the Hollywood dream machine for 60 years, is sharing memories and his favorite movies with Turner Classic Movies host Robert Osborne.
- 'Martian,' 'Revenant' get awards boost with top Globes wins Updated: Jan-11-16 5:43 am
BEVERLY HILLS, California - The 73rd annual Golden Globes had a few curveballs up its sleeves, and the biggest ones weren't even from acerbic host Ricky Gervais, who kept the show alive with his biting quips and takedowns of the business that the awards were celebrating.
- LA's NFL fans have unified hope, divided loyalties Updated: Jan-11-16 5:18 am
LOS ANGELES - The NFL has never been closer to ending its 21-year absence from the city that staged the first Super Bowl and supported several teams in several leagues through several decades of professional football.