- In 'Papa,' Hemingway returns to Cuba via the silver screen Updated: Apr-28-16 11:16 am
LOS ANGELES - Ernest Hemingway left Cuba shortly after Fidel Castro's revolution, as relations with the United States began to fall into a deep freeze. Over five decades later, the author of "The Old Man and the Sea" returns to the island thanks to the magic of the silver screen.
- Travel news: Universal-Exorcist, Eiteljorg, toilets, LLBean Updated: Apr-27-16 11:41 am
UNIVERSAL PARKS' HALLOWEEN THEME: 'THE EXORCIST'
- Kitten stars of 'Keanu' destined for posh Hollywood futures Updated: Apr-27-16 11:34 am
LOS ANGELES - Anyone who's spent time with a cat might agree with filmmaker Peter Atencio when he says cats are the "15-year-olds of the animal kingdom."
- 'Ratchet,' 'Warcraft' and the new breed of video game movies Updated: Apr-25-16 11:49 pm
LOS ANGELES - At long last, it seems Hollywood has pushed the reset button on its approach to video game adaptations.
- AIDS Healthcare Foundation sues LA over planned high-rise Updated: Apr-22-16 3:13 pm
LOS ANGELES - The AIDS Healthcare Foundation, better known for its efforts to put condoms on pornography actors, is suing Los Angeles to stop a high-rise development that would go next door to its Hollywood headquarters.
- A Prince on screen, from 'Purple Rain' to 'Graffiti Bridge' Updated: Apr-21-16 10:06 pm
LOS ANGELES - Flamboyant, expressive and larger than life despite his diminutive stature, Prince fit perfectly in Hollywood. He won an Oscar, starred in a big-screen hit, wrote and directed, and lent his songs to scores of productions.
- The Western whisperer Updated: Apr-20-16 2:05 am
CODY, Wyoming - The colored lights were dim and the voice was deep but twangy as the dinner crowd at Cassie's listened between salads and steaks to the craggy-faced, mustached crooner with a well-worn cowboy hat pulled low over his face.
- Mountain lion dashes from Los Angeles school to backyard Updated: Apr-15-16 10:37 pm
LOS ANGELES - Students and teachers at a Los Angeles high school missed their lunch break Friday after a mountain lion strolled onto campus and tried to join them.
- Kobe scores 60 points in unbelievable farewell victory Updated: Apr-14-16 3:35 am
LOS ANGELES - Kobe Bryant scored 60 incredible points. He carried a miserable Los Angeles Lakers team to an improbable comeback victory.
- Chase ends with burglary suspects taking selfies, chatting Updated: Apr-07-16 9:13 pm
LOS ANGELES - Authorities arrested two burglary suspects who led them on a long, bizarre chase Thursday in a top-down convertible through rainy Southern California that ended with the men stopping to exchange high-fives with onlookers and take selfies before being handcuffed.
- Universal Hollywood's Harry Potter attraction opens Updated: Apr-07-16 3:30 pm
LOS ANGELES - A big crowd has turned out at Universal Studios Hollywood for the opening of its new Harry Potter-themed attraction.
- A peek inside the psychological thriller 'The Invitation' Updated: Apr-06-16 4:50 pm
LOS ANGELES - For the movies, and Los Angelenos, the Hollywood Hills are laced with mythology. Those multi-million dollar homes perched on twisty cliffs that peer down on the endless flatlands while the Hollywood sign looms nearby are both signifiers of glamour and traumas past. From the Hillside Strangler to the Manson murders and even the crushed aspirations of so many dreamers, there's a pervasive uneasiness up above the city.
- David Gilmour's tour like a homecoming in Hollywood, Pompeii Updated: Apr-06-16 10:24 am
LOS ANGELES - The guitar solo from Pink Floyd's "Comfortably Numb" is one of the most famous in rock 'n' roll. Just thinking about it might make it play in your head.
- Pacquiao, Roach fondly recall 15 years at the Wild Card Updated: Apr-05-16 9:48 pm
LOS ANGELES - Manny Pacquiao was all kinds of hungry when he first walked into the Wild Card Boxing Club 15 years ago. An undernourished and largely unknown Filipino fighter wanted to learn, to grow - to take on the world.
- Winfrey, Perry talk friendship and 'rare' place in power Updated: Apr-05-16 9:31 am
NEW YORK - Friends who enter into business partnerships sometimes don't remain so.
- EXCHANGE: Champaign woman hosts Hollywood for Ebertfest Updated: Apr-04-16 11:48 am
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - As an Ebertfest hostess, Amani Ayad ferried around a festival guest in 2014 whom she had never heard of before.
- 'Trailer Park Boys' actor arrested in Los Angeles Updated: Apr-02-16 8:17 pm
LOS ANGELES - An actor who stars on the television series "Trailer Park Boys" has been arrested in Los Angeles on suspicion of misdemeanor battery.
- Don Cheadle channels Miles Davis to make directorial debut Updated: Apr-02-16 1:26 pm
WEST HOLLYWOOD, California - Standing on "The Tonight Show" stage with his trumpet in hand, Don Cheadle wondered to himself why he agreed to this. What was he thinking when he said he'd perform with the show's Grammy-winning house band, The Roots?
- Surprise Guns N' Roses LA concert draws ticket-seeking crowd Updated: Apr-01-16 10:31 pm
WEST HOLLYWOOD, California - Crowds thronged for tickets after a surprise announcement that Guns N' Roses would play a concert Friday night at West Hollywood's famed Troubadour music venue.
- Last day for hikers at popular Los Angeles trail for months Updated: Mar-31-16 8:31 pm
LOS ANGELES - Los Angeles fitness fanatics whose daily routine includes a hike or a run along the Runyon Canyon trail are bracing themselves for a four-month closure of the popular route.
- Film director says he supports moves toward gender parity Updated: Mar-31-16 5:17 am
LOS ANGELES - The director of "Bridesmaids," ''Spy" and the upcoming "Ghostbusters" remake says he would add an equity clause to his future film contracts that requires gender-balanced casting of minor roles.