- Bangladesh sentences 6 militants to death for robbery deaths Updated: May-31-16 7:38 am
DHAKA, Bangladesh - A court in Bangladesh's capital on Tuesday sentenced to death six militants from a pair of banned Islamist groups for the killing of seven people during a bank robbery last year.
- Police: Doctor hacked to death, friend wounded in Bangladesh Updated: May-21-16 2:53 am
DHAKA, Bangladesh - A doctor was hacked to death and his friend critically wounded by men wielding machetes in western Bangladesh, police said, in the latest attack on the country's atheist bloggers, minorities and others who promote liberal views.
- Bangladesh police arrest suspect in killing of gay activist Updated: May-15-16 6:24 am
DHAKA, Bangladesh - Police in Bangladesh said Sunday that they have arrested a suspected Muslim militant for his alleged involvement in the killing last month of a gay rights activist and his friend in the capital.
- Home Minister: Bangladesh executes leader of Islamist party Updated: May-10-16 11:55 pm
DHAKA, Bangladesh - The head of Bangladesh's largest Islamist party was executed early Wednesday for his role in acts of genocide and war crimes during the country's independence war against Pakistan in 1971, a senior government official said.
- Bangladesh professor under 24-hour armed guard after threats Updated: May-06-16 3:57 am
NEW DELHI - After a Dhaka University professor asked a woman to remove her veil during his class, Muslim extremists called for his death, posting his personal details online along with tips on how to kill. Today, he remains under constant guard by armed police, stays mostly at home and bars his front door.