- Bangladesh indicts owners for deadly 2012 factory fire Updated: Sep-03-15 4:07 am
DHAKA, Bangladesh - A court in Bangladesh's capital has indicted two owners of a garment factory and 11 others for homicide over a 2012 fire that killed 112 workers.
- More arrests in bloggers' killings in Bangladesh Updated: Aug-28-15 11:15 pm
DHAKA, Bangladesh - Police in Bangladesh announced Saturday they have made additional arrests in the killings of secular bloggers by suspected Islamic radicals that have raised concerns about the government's ability to protect the freedom of speech.
- Bangladesh police arrest 3 suspects in bloggers' murders Updated: Aug-18-15 7:30 am
DHAKA, Bangladesh - Authorities in Bangladesh said Tuesday that they have arrested three men, including a British citizen, for their involvement in the murders of two secular bloggers.
- Bangladesh court sentences 2 men for 1971 war crimes Updated: Aug-11-15 5:26 am
DHAKA, Bangladesh - A war crimes tribunal in Bangladesh sentenced one man to death and another to life in prison Tuesday for collaborating with Pakistan to commit mass killings and other crimes during the 1971 war for independence.
- 4th blogger killed in Bangladesh by suspected militants Updated: Aug-07-15 8:47 pm
DHAKA, Bangladesh - Suspected militants posing as tenants entered an apartment building and hacked to death a secular blogger in Bangladesh's capital in the fourth such deadly attack this year, police said.
- Bangladesh High Court asks former PM Zia to appear in court Updated: Aug-05-15 10:07 am
DHAKA, Bangladesh - Bangladesh's High Court on Wednesday asked former Prime Minister Khaleda Zia to appear in court in two months to face corruption charges involving the construction of two cargo terminals while she was in office.