- Teacher contracts still being negotiated across Washington Updated: Aug-30-15 11:05 am
SEATTLE - As parents do their back-to-school shopping, some teachers across the state are still negotiating their contracts.
- Suspected killer's statements to police allowed at trial Updated: Aug-28-15 11:59 am
PASCO, Washington - A judge has ruled that statements made by a suspect in a fatal December shooting can be used at trial because the man never asked for an attorney and agreed to the interview.
- Police searching for driver who hit man in a wheelchair Updated: Aug-26-15 6:46 pm
KENNEWICK, Washington - Kennewick police are looking for the driver in a fatal hit and run crash involving a man in a wheelchair.
- Review finds vulnerabilities with Hanford plant Updated: Aug-26-15 4:38 pm
RICHLAND, Washington - A partial review of an unfinished nuclear waste treatment plant on the Hanford Nuclear Reservation found 362 vulnerabilities in its design, according to the watchdog group Hanford Challenge, which obtained a leaked copy of the review.
- Woman accused of raping teen says she may have been drunk Updated: Aug-24-15 12:01 pm
TRI-CITIES, Washington - A woman accused of raping a teenage boy claims that she may have been drunk when it happened.
- Richland woman accused of taking thousands from elderly man Updated: Aug-24-15 5:20 am
RICHLAND, Washington - A Richland woman has been accused of stealing thousands from an elderly man she met through her job as a waitress.
- Suspect in dozens of Pasco fires arrested Updated: Aug-20-15 5:46 am
PASCO, Washington - A Pasco man is facing charges in connection to dozens of suspicious fires that have been set across the city this summer.
- Hanford union recommends approving contract Updated: Aug-19-15 10:13 am
RICHLAND, Washington - The union representing some workers at the Pacific Northwest National Laboratory is reluctantly recommending they approve a new contract.
- Kennewick mayor to revisit city's marijuana business ban Updated: Aug-17-15 6:14 am
KENNEWICK, Washington - The mayor of Kennewick says he will ask the City Council to revisit the city's ban on marijuana-related businesses now that the Legislature has changed state law to send tax revenue from those businesses to municipal governments.
- Verizon backs off plan for Pasco antenna after public outcry Updated: Aug-17-15 6:13 am
PASCO, Washington - Verizon Wireless is no longer planning to build an almost 50-foot cellphone tower in Pasco after residents complained about appearances, health concerns and property values.
- More than 50 alley fires in Pasco may be connected Updated: Aug-16-15 7:49 pm
PASCO, Washington - Investigators say one suspect may be responsible for more than 50 suspicious fires that have broken out this summer in alleys around Pasco.
- Judge holds Energy Department to deadlines on Hanford Updated: Aug-14-15 5:59 pm
KENNEWICK, Washington - A federal judge ruled this week that the Department of Energy will be required to build new storage tanks for high level radioactive waste at Hanford Nuclear Reservation if it does not meet certain deadlines related to cleanup projects.
- Pasco's only female officer files sexual harassment claim Updated: Aug-13-15 10:46 pm
PASCO, Washington - Pasco's first and only female police officer has filed a legal claim charging the department with sexual harassment and discrimination.
- Teachers in Pasco vote to strike if no contract by Sept. 1 Updated: Aug-13-15 12:31 am
PASCO, Washington - Teachers in Pasco have voted to strike if they don't have a contract agreement by Sept. 1.
- Coroner considers moving inquest over farmworker's death Updated: Aug-09-15 6:35 pm
PASCO, Washington - Franklin County's coroner says he might have to move an inquest into the fatal Pasco police shooting of an immigrant farmworker to another county.
- No charges warranted in Franklin County jail death Updated: Aug-07-15 11:35 am
KENNEWICK, Washington - The state Attorney General's Office has cleared a Washington State Patrol trooper and staff at the Franklin County jail of wrongdoing in the death of a Kennewick man.
- Sen. Murray submits bill to return ancient bones to tribes Updated: Aug-06-15 6:44 pm
SPOKANE, Washington - The ancient skeleton of Kennewick Man should be returned to a group of Columbia Basin tribes, according to a bill introduced Thursday by U.S. Sen. Patty Murray.
- Washington 'Slide the City' giant water slide event canceled Updated: Aug-06-15 6:17 am
SEATTLE - Washington residents won't be slipping and sliding through town any time soon after county and state departments of health denied Slide the City approval.
- 7 confirmed human cases of West Nile virus in Tri-Cities Updated: Aug-04-15 6:14 am
KENNEWICK, Washington - Seven people in Benton and Franklin counties have been confirmed to have West Nile virus.
- Airport boardings up at Tri-Cities Updated: Aug-03-15 2:46 pm
PASCO, Washington - Tri-Cities Airport in Pasco could break its record for boardings this year.
- Miss Tri-Cities loses crown after theft conviction revealed Updated: Aug-01-15 10:04 am
KENNEWICK, Washington - The reigning Miss Tri-Cities will be stripped of her crown after pageant organizers learned she pleaded guilty this year to a misdemeanor theft charge.