- Efforts to repeal new tax could formally launch this week Updated: Aug-02-15 4:25 pm
CARSON CITY, Nevada - Republicans angry that Nevada lawmakers approved a $1.1 billion tax package this spring, just months after voters overwhelmingly rejected a tax hike on the ballot, are launching efforts to repeal it and kick some of its backers out of office.
- Autism breakthrough: Animation program helps children Updated: Jul-31-15 6:15 am
CARSON CITY, Nevada - Everyone involved in treating children with autism, from the professionals to the parents to the children with autism themselves, can tell you how frustrating the treatment can be.
- Nevada Assemblyman Richard Carrillo found guilty of DUI Updated: Jul-27-15 8:47 pm
CARSON CITY, Nevada - Nevada Assemblyman Richard Carrillo was found guilty Monday of driving under the influence and possessing a firearm while intoxicated, but he won't have to serve jail time in the case.
- State: Lawmaker Fiore blocked inspectors at her business Updated: Jul-24-15 7:31 pm
CARSON CITY, Nevada - State officials say they've been turned away twice this summer while trying to conduct inspections of Nevada Assemblywoman Michele Fiore's home health care business.
- DMV 'DashPass' to remain in Carson City, rural areas Updated: Jul-23-15 1:47 pm
CARSON CITY, Nevada - The Department of Motor Vehicles is allowing its "DashPass" system to continue in Carson City and in the state's rural offices.
- GOP candidate Mike Huckabee campaigning in Vegas this week Updated: Jul-21-15 1:38 pm
CARSON CITY, Nevada - Republican presidential candidate Mike Huckabee is making a campaign stop in Las Vegas this week.
- Overnight closures for Carson City freeway project to start Updated: Jul-19-15 5:01 pm
CARSON CITY, Nevada - Nighttime road closures in South Carson City as part of a freeway project will begin Sunday.
- Suspect leads police on slow-speed scooter chase in Nevada Updated: Jul-18-15 3:08 pm
CARSON CITY, Nevada - A suspected drug dealer tried to evade authorities in Nevada while riding a scooter.
- Bush, Walker, Trump criticize gun ban in recruiting offices Updated: Jul-17-15 10:24 pm
CARSON CITY, Nevada - Republican presidential candidates Jeb Bush, Scott Walker and Donald Trump called Friday for an end to a ban on service members carrying guns in military recruiting offices.
- Treasurer taking public input on education savings accounts Updated: Jul-17-15 6:34 am
CARSON CITY, Nevada - The Nevada treasurer's office is taking public input on a new program that allows families to use public education money for private school tuition or other educational expenses.
- Heller, Hardy, Amodei back fellow Republican Heck for Senate Updated: Jul-15-15 11:59 am
CARSON CITY, Nevada - Sen. Dean Heller and congressmen Mark Amodei and Cresent Hardy are formally endorsing their Republican colleague Joe Heck for Senate.
- GOP candidate Jeb Bush visiting Carson City, Vegas this week Updated: Jul-14-15 7:25 pm
CARSON CITY, Nevada - Republican presidential hopeful Jeb Bush is making a swing through Nevada later this week.
- Rooftop solar companies fear fast-approaching Nevada cap Updated: Jul-13-15 6:43 pm
CARSON CITY, Nevada - A compromise bill that was thought to resolve a high-profile dispute between rooftop solar installation companies and NV Energy over a cap on energy buybacks has failed to settle the issue.
- License plate plant staffed by inmates moving to new digs Updated: Jul-12-15 8:14 pm
CARSON CITY, Nevada - For nearly a century, inmates have been churning out Nevada license plates from a plant on the campus of Nevada State Prison and shipping them to Department of Motor Vehicle offices around the state.
- Aviation firms promise more jobs after getting tax breaks Updated: Jul-09-15 11:43 pm
CARSON CITY, Nevada - A state board granted tax breaks to seven Nevada aviation industry companies on Thursday, marking the first time officials have used a new incentive program aimed at keeping planes from flying out-of-state to a better tax climate when they need multimillion-dollar repairs.
- Nevada prison says inmate attacked, hospitalized Updated: Jul-07-15 10:38 pm
CARSON CITY, Nevada - Prison officials say a 37-year-old inmate was apparently attacked while in a general population area at the Northern Nevada Correctional Center.
- Carson City man found with 50 pot plants in home Updated: Jul-04-15 5:07 pm
CARSON CITY, Nevada - A man is facing charges after police found roughly 50 marijuana plants growing in his Carson City home.