- Jobless rates keep dropping in Nevada metro areas Updated: Nov-25-15 5:27 pm
CARSON CITY, Nevada - Unemployment rates continue to fall in Nevada's three main metropolitan areas.
- Carson City man arrested after 4-year-old son consumes meth Updated: Nov-21-15 2:19 pm
CARSON CITY, Nevada - Carson City authorities have arrested a man after his 4-year-old son tested positive for methamphetamine.
- Carson City approves terminal inspection for mold, asbestos Updated: Nov-19-15 12:27 pm
CARSON CITY, Nevada - Carson City's Airport Authority has approved an inspection for mold and asbestos at an airport terminal.
- New attorney general program gives legal help for servicemen Updated: Nov-18-15 7:20 pm
CARSON CITY, Nevada - When service members are deployed into combat zones, they need to concentrate on the battles in front of them - not on a looming eviction or a pending child custody dispute back home, according to Brigadier Gen. William Burks.
- A year out, 2 sides claw for Nevada Legislature majority Updated: Nov-07-15 3:22 pm
CARSON CITY, Nevada - When Republicans rode a nationwide "red wave" in 2014 to take control of the Nevada Legislature, their unexpected majority didn't just give them the clout to win votes on individual bills. It also gave them a more subtle power: the leadership roles that determine which bills came up for discussion.
- GOP's Angle 'looking for interest' in potential Senate bid Updated: Nov-05-15 6:20 pm
CARSON CITY, Nevada - Republican former U.S. Senate candidate Sharron Angle acknowledged a group is pushing her to run again for Democratic Sen. Harry Reid's seat, but she isn't committing to doing so.
- State voiding lawmaker Michele Fiore's health care license Updated: Nov-03-15 10:07 pm
CARSON CITY, Nevada - Nevada officials are voiding Republican Assemblywoman Michele Fiore's license to operate a home health care business after state inspectors say they were unable to contact her, although Fiore says her decision to close the business came before the state's cancellation move.
- Capital city rings in Nevada Day with parade, run, chili Updated: Oct-31-15 10:31 pm
CARSON CITY, Nevada - Carson City has rung in Nevada's 151st birthday with its annual parade and a slate of other special events.
- Defenders of Nevada Commerce Tax challenge repeal effort Updated: Oct-29-15 9:07 pm
CARSON CITY, Nevada - Defenders of the new Nevada Commerce Tax filed a legal challenge Thursday against an effort to repeal the measure by a statewide vote.
- Carson City officials weigh impact of possible Tesla boom Updated: Oct-29-15 11:24 am
CARSON CITY, Nevada - Officials in Carson City are looking at what to do with the workers expected to arrive for the Tesla Motors/Panasonic Energy combination.