- Maine narrow gauge train whisks passengers to North Pole Updated: Nov-28-15 11:41 am
PORTLAND, Maine - For the 8th year in a row, passengers can board "The Polar Express" in Portland, Maine, and be greeted by Santa on a magical trip to "the North Pole."
- Coast Guard monitoring Maine fishing boat salvage operation Updated: Nov-28-15 10:39 am
STONINGTON, Maine - U.S. Coast Guard officials say they are continuing to monitor salvage efforts to bring up a fishing boat that sank off the coast of Stonington, Maine.
- Judge to consider request for forced meds in killing case Updated: Nov-28-15 10:11 am
AUGUSTA, Maine - A judge will soon consider a prosecutor's request that a Maine man accused of killing and dismembering his father be involuntarily medicated to restore his competency to stand trial.
- Maine ski resort focuses on safety after chairlift accidents Updated: Nov-28-15 9:41 am
CARRABASSETT VALLEY, Maine - A Maine ski resort that's responsible two of three chairlift mechanical failures that led to injuries in the past five years is working to make sure it doesn't happen again.
- Maine's hunting seasons for bear, deer and moose ending Updated: Nov-28-15 9:17 am
AUGUSTA, Maine - Maine's big game hunting seasons are ending for the year.
- Police: 2 men arrested for fatal Bangor shooting Updated: Nov-28-15 1:25 am
BANGOR, Maine - Police have arrested two New York men for the shooting of two people, one fatally, at an apartment house in Bangor.
- Police: Driver struck, killed, after getting out of SUV Updated: Nov-27-15 5:55 pm
AURORA, Maine - Police say a driver who decided to stop his SUV on a road in Maine and get out was struck and killed by a passing vehicle.
- Methamphetamine continues to be a problem in Maine Updated: Nov-27-15 2:21 pm
PORTLAND, Maine - Maine's heroin epidemic is getting much of the attention from law enforcement officials and policymakers, but methamphetamine continues to be a persistent problem.
- Maine police: 6 fires intentionally set along Interstate 95 Updated: Nov-27-15 2:08 pm
WATERVILLE, Maine - Maine State Police say they are looking for a white sedan with two men inside who may be responsible for setting six fires along a 10-mile stretch of Interstate 95 southbound from Waterville to Sidney.
- Maine asking for help tracking invasive, destructive moth Updated: Nov-27-15 5:00 am
AUGUSTA, Maine - The Maine Department of Agriculture, Conservation and Forestry is asking for the public's help in locating destructive winter moth populations around the state.
- Maine heating prices dip, among lowest officials can recall Updated: Nov-27-15 4:05 am
AUGUSTA, Maine - The Governor's Energy Office says the average statewide cash price for heating oil is down five cents from two weeks ago at $2 per gallon.
- Owner of docked Nova Star ferry seeks vessel's release Updated: Nov-26-15 10:34 am
PORTLAND, Maine - The owner of the docked Nova Star ferry that ran between Maine, and Nova Scotia, asked a federal court to release the vessel so it can be put to work elsewhere.
- Man held without bail in Maine homicide Updated: Nov-26-15 8:43 am
AUGUSTA, Maine - A New York man accused of killing another man in an Augusta, Maine, apartment has been ordered held without bail.
- Maine's Sugarloaf opens for regular operations Updated: Nov-26-15 8:36 am
CARRABASSETT VALLEY, Maine - Maine's Sugarloaf is hoping skiers will make time for a few runs on Thanksgiving Day.
- Maine AG: stores in state stay closed on Thanksgiving Updated: Nov-26-15 8:09 am
AUGUSTA, Maine - Maine Attorney General Janet Mills is reminding state residents that the Pine Tree State does not allow large stores to be open on holidays such as Thanksgiving.
- Volunteer divers recover body of missing canoeist Updated: Nov-26-15 1:39 am
EASTPORT, Maine - Volunteer divers with the Passamaquoddy Tribe have recovered the body of a missing canoeist.
- Beal hits 6 3's, scores 23; Maine beats Longwood 92-82 Updated: Nov-25-15 4:49 pm
BANGOR, Maine - Garet Beal made six 3-pointers and scored a career-high 23 points, and Maine beat Longwood 92-82 on Wednesday for the Lancers' fourth straight loss.
- Report: Mechanical failure caused Maine ski lift accident Updated: Nov-25-15 4:38 pm
CARRABASSETT VALLEY, Maine - A Maine state report released on Wednesday confirmed that mechanical failure caused a chairlift accident that injured seven people at the Sugarloaf ski area last winter.
- Woman with late-stage cancer to get medical marijuana card Updated: Nov-25-15 3:30 pm
CONCORD, New Hampshire - New Hampshire health officials have approved a lung cancer patient's application for an identification card that will allow her to buy medical marijuana in Maine.
- Police: Man tries to rob motel, runs away Updated: Nov-25-15 7:37 am
SANFORD, Maine - Police in Sanford are looking for man who tried to rob a Super 8 Motel, then ran away when the clerk refused to cooperate.
- Jury convicts Boston man of smuggling drugs into Maine Updated: Nov-25-15 4:56 am
PORTLAND, Maine - A Boston man who was caught smuggling heroin and cocaine into Maine last year has been found guilty of a drug charge.
- Worker injured after boulder rolls onto him in Maine Updated: Nov-25-15 4:53 am
WILTON, Maine - Officials say a worker at a Maine treatment plant was injured after a boulder fell into an excavated hole and rolled onto the man.
- AG: officer who fatally shot woman acted in self-defense Updated: Nov-25-15 4:01 am
AUGUSTA, Maine - The Maine attorney general says a York police detective who fatally shot a Cape Neddick woman last year did so in self-defense.
- A game plan: More hunters donating meat to the hungry Updated: Nov-25-15 12:47 am
PORTLAND, Maine - The amount of meat being donated by hunters to a Maine program that provides food to charity groups and hungry families has grown exponentially in recent years.
- Police: Augusta credit union robbed Updated: Nov-24-15 6:04 pm
AUGUSTA, Maine - Police are looking for a man who robbed a credit union in Augusta.