- IRS irks casinos with pitch to cut jackpot tax threshold Updated: Jun-02-15 7:36 pm
LAS VEGAS - The IRS says a $600 slot machine or bingo jackpot might get its attention in the future, and the prospect has riled gamblers and the casino industry.
- Fiercely debated measures die as legislative session ends Updated: Jun-02-15 6:45 pm
CARSON CITY, Nevada - Nevada's 120-day legislative session has finally drawn to a close, and many of the hot-button issues debated during the session ended up dying at midnight on Monday.
- Nevada Legislature ends session, decides several hot issues Updated: Jun-02-15 6:25 pm
CARSON CITY, Nevada - Nevada lawmakers wrapped up their 120-day legislative session after passing a major tax hike and a budget with significant new investments in education.
- Sex offender gets life in federal prison on Vegas gun charge Updated: Jun-02-15 6:03 pm
LAS VEGAS - A 43-year-old convicted sex offender has been sentenced to life in federal prison on a firearms charge, a little more than two years after he was arrested at home in Las Vegas with a boy he allegedly abused.
- Sandoval: Decision about political future coming 'very soon' Updated: Jun-02-15 6:01 pm
CARSON CITY, Nevada - Nevada Gov. Brian Sandoval says he plans to decide "very soon" on the next step in his political career.
- Grandmother says 3-year-old described school bus sex assault Updated: Jun-02-15 3:38 pm
LAS VEGAS - A Las Vegas woman said Tuesday that her 3-year-old granddaughter told her that a school bus driver forced her into oral sex during trips to a Las Vegas preschool child development program.
- Judge dismisses gamblers' $3M lawsuit against Foxwoods Updated: Jun-02-15 3:37 pm
NEW HAVEN, Connecticut - Three gamblers from China including a woman known as the "Queen of Sorts" for her card-monitoring skills have lost a legal challenge to reclaim nearly $3 million in winnings and deposits they say were kept by Foxwoods Resort Casino based on false cheating allegations.
- Burglars sought in break-ins at Reno golf club pro shop Updated: Jun-02-15 2:59 pm
RENO, Nevada - Washoe County sheriff's deputies are looking for two suspects in a series of burglaries at the pro shop at Montreux Golf and Country Club.
- Las Vegas Bowl to keep Saturday slot, game set for Dec. 19 Updated: Jun-02-15 2:20 pm
LAS VEGAS - The Las Vegas Bowl will stick with the Saturday-before-Christmas schedule established in 2012.
- Nevada county GOP chair arrested for police impersonation Updated: Jun-02-15 1:59 pm
LAS VEGAS - A Nevada county GOP chairman is hitting back at the sheriff's deputy who arrested him for impersonating a Las Vegas police officer.
- Las Vegas traffic deaths up, crashes down from 2014 Updated: Jun-02-15 11:00 am
LAS VEGAS - According to police reports, traffic deaths have risen while the number of crashes has gone down this year in comparison to 2014.
- Nevada GOP governor secures unlikely win with tax increase Updated: Jun-02-15 4:12 am
CARSON CITY, Nevada - Nevada's Republican governor, Brian Sandoval, secured an unlikely victory when the conservative state Legislature approved a huge tax increase at his urging as part of a plan to boost education spending.
- More older Americans are being buried by housing debt Updated: Jun-02-15 3:39 am
WASHINGTON - Al and Saundra Karp have found an unconventional way to raise money and help save their Miami-area home from foreclosure: They're lining up gigs for their family jazz band.
- Lawmakers fail in push for more ride-hailing companies rules Updated: Jun-02-15 3:32 am
CARSON CITY, Nevada - Nevada lawmakers failed to approve a number of revised regulations to ride-hailing companies like Uber before the legislative session ended.
- Proposal dumping Nevada's presidential caucus system fails Updated: Jun-02-15 3:20 am
CARSON CITY, Nevada - Nevada lawmakers have killed a measure that would have changed the state's presidential caucus to a primary election.
- Lawmakers OK studying Clark County School District breakup Updated: Jun-02-15 2:54 am
CARSON CITY, Nevada - Nevada lawmakers have approved a measure that seeks to eventually break up the Clark County School District.
- 64-year-old inmate serving time for weapons charges, dies Updated: Jun-01-15 8:14 pm
CARSON CITY, Nevada - Authorities say a 64-year-old inmate in a Nevada prison on weapons charges has died.
- Committee passes bill paring down HOAs' power in foreclosure Updated: Jun-01-15 7:56 pm
CARSON CITY, Nevada - An Assembly budget committee has passed a bill aimed at reducing the powers that homeowners associations have when they foreclose over unpaid dues.
- US judge dismisses World Cup case against Malaysian gambler Updated: Jun-01-15 6:08 pm
LAS VEGAS - A federal judge in Nevada dismissed a criminal case Monday against a wealthy Malaysian gambler who was arrested last year after FBI agents impersonated Internet repair technicians to get a peek at what he was doing in suites at a Las Vegas Strip resort.
- Virginia Street Bridge closed as part of new project Updated: Jun-01-15 11:50 am
RENO, Nevada - A new project has closed the Virginia Street Bridge in downtown Reno.
- Man arrested in Reno cold case murder headed to trial Updated: Jun-01-15 6:15 am
RENO, Nevada - A 32-year-old Southern California man has been bound over to Washoe District Court for trial for the 2004 strangulation and sexual assault of a Reno preschool teacher in her home.
- Teen arrested in deadly attack near downtown Las Vegas Updated: May-31-15 10:10 pm
LAS VEGAS - A teenager has been arrested on suspicion of murder in an attack that left a man dead near downtown Las Vegas.
- Senators approve closing live entertainment tax loopholes Updated: May-31-15 10:08 pm
CARSON CITY, Nevada - Senators have approved changes to Nevada's live entertainment tax that they say will capture revenue from an evolving entertainment landscape and close confusing loopholes.
- Father accidentally runs over son, killing him Updated: May-31-15 9:56 pm
HENDERSON, Nevada - A 9-year-old boy has died after his father accidentally ran over him while they were cleaning the garage.
- Casino worker arrested after gambler accidentally drops $10k Updated: May-31-15 8:32 pm
STATELINE, Nevada - A Lake Tahoe casino employee has been arrested on suspicion of theft after police said he made off with a bundle of $100 bills totaling $10,000 that had been accidentally dropped by a gambler.