- Scooter rider dies after being hit by car in Las Vegas Updated: Oct-03-15 2:32 pm
LAS VEGAS - Authorities say a man riding a motor scooter has died after being rear-ended by a vehicle in Las Vegas.
- $100M resort planned for South Tahoe's Edgewood golf course Updated: Oct-03-15 2:29 pm
STATELINE, Nevada - A multimillion-dollar resort will put roots down on the Nevada side of Lake Tahoe's south shore.
- Protester pleads guilty to disturbing meeting in Reno Updated: Oct-03-15 12:48 pm
RENO, Nevada - A man who set off an evacuation at a county commission meeting in Reno has pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor charge.
- Henderson police search for 3 suspects who shot at officer Updated: Oct-03-15 12:36 pm
HENDERSON, Nevada - Police in Henderson are searching for three suspects they say shot at an off-duty officer.
- Nevada officials react warily to EPA's new ozone rule Updated: Oct-03-15 10:51 am
CARSON CITY, Nevada - Nevada leaders reacted cautiously this week to the Environmental Protection Agency's stricter new limits on smog-causing pollution, with Gov. Brian Sandoval saying the rule could punish the state for circumstances out of its control and environmental and manufacturing groups staking out opposite positions against it.
- Sandy Valley schools need renovations Updated: Oct-03-15 9:29 am
SANDY VALLEY, Nevada - Shana Hairston can still remember sitting in class in the old building on the Sandy Valley School campus.
- Late Las Vegas journalist Laura Myers named to Hall of Fame Updated: Oct-02-15 11:22 pm
SPARKS, Nevada - The late Laura Myers, a veteran journalist and humanitarian who most recently served as the lead political reporter for the Las Vegas Review-Journal, was posthumously inducted into the Nevada Press Association's Hall of Fame on Friday.
- 2015 Nevada Press Association major award winners Updated: Oct-02-15 10:42 pm
SPARKS, Nevada - Here's a list of some of the top awards in the 2015 Nevada Press Association "Better Newspaper Contest," announced Friday at the association's annual convention:
- Rapper Pitbull lends celebrity to charter school near Vegas Updated: Oct-02-15 8:21 pm
LAS VEGAS - Rapper Pitbull is lending his celebrity image opening a second SLAM! charter school, this time near Las Vegas.
- Police: Neighbor kills woman, her son, himself in Las Vegas Updated: Oct-02-15 7:59 pm
LAS VEGAS - A neighbor with a handgun shot a Las Vegas woman dead in her doorway and snatched her young son before a shot was heard and the bodies of the gunman and boy were found dead in the man's house two doors away, police said Friday.
- Donald Trump holding campaign rally in Las Vegas next week Updated: Oct-02-15 5:17 pm
LAS VEGAS - Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump is heading to the Las Vegas Strip for a campaign rally.
- Norovirus outbreak affects hundreds of Nevada kids, teachers Updated: Oct-02-15 5:09 pm
RENO, Nevada - A norovirus outbreak in 11 northern Nevada schools has sickened hundreds of young children and some teachers, officials said.
- Prosecutor: Driver who had seizure charged in death of kids Updated: Oct-02-15 3:01 pm
A 66-year-old Reno driver accused of vehicular manslaughter in a crash that killed two children felt a seizure coming on but went to a grocery store anyway before the June mishap, a city prosecutor said Friday.
- Court date set for driver in fiery Las Vegas tour bus crash Updated: Oct-02-15 1:59 pm
LAS VEGAS - A court date has been set Nov. 5 for a 25-year-old Las Vegas man accused of driving drunk and causing a fiery tour bus crash that killed two people and injured him and three others.
- Reno faces trees loss to drought in City of Trembling Leaves Updated: Oct-02-15 6:11 am
RENO, Nevada - Reno, the first city in the state to earn a Tree City USA designation, is rapidly losing its trembling leaves to drought, pests and, in some cases, property owners who've lost interest in taking care of them.
- Penn & Teller, Jerry Lewis are casino entertainment winners Updated: Oct-02-15 6:11 am
LAS VEGAS - Longtime Las Vegas magicians Penn & Teller are the casino industry's entertainers of the year.
- Judge throws out petition to repeal Nevada tax package Updated: Oct-01-15 9:06 pm
CARSON CITY, Nevada - A Carson City judge tossed out a petition Thursday that seeks a ballot question repealing the entire $1.1 billion tax package that Nevada lawmakers passed this spring.
- Rand Paul announces 2 endorsements from Nevada Assembly Updated: Oct-01-15 8:30 pm
CARSON CITY, Nevada - Republican presidential hopeful Rand Paul is lining up support among freshman lawmakers in the Nevada Assembly.
- 2 dealers, 2 friends indicted in Vegas casino cheating case Updated: Oct-01-15 8:27 pm
LAS VEGAS - Two former casino dealers and two friends are accused of siphoning more than $1 million off craps tables over two years, using phantom bets at a posh Las Vegas Strip resort.
- Nevada man who tortured, killed dogs gets up to 28 years Updated: Oct-01-15 8:03 pm
RENO, Nevada - A 25-year-old former presidential scholar and psychology major convicted of torturing, killing and dismembering seven dogs was sentenced to up to 28 years in Nevada state prison Thursday in what the judge, prosecutor and defense lawyer all agreed may be the most horrific crime they have ever seen in their decades of legal practice.
- Warren Sapp takes plea deal in domestic battery case Updated: Oct-01-15 7:59 pm
LAS VEGAS - Hall of Famer Warren Sapp took a plea deal Thursday that spares him jail time in a Las Vegas criminal case involving a scuffle with his former girlfriend that began after margaritas at a casino hotel swimming pool.
- Janet Jackson moves Las Vegas stop to May to rest her voice Updated: Oct-01-15 7:48 pm
LAS VEGAS - Janet Jackson is canceling her Oct. 9 and Oct. 10 shows at Planet Hollywood Resort & Casino to rest her vocal chords, and the Las Vegas stop on her "Unbreakable" tour will move to a new 20,000-seat arena in May.
- Clinton campaign starts more Nevada Latino outreach efforts Updated: Oct-01-15 5:16 pm
CARSON CITY, Nevada - Democratic presidential hopeful Hillary Clinton is announcing more initiatives focused on getting Nevada Hispanics on board with her campaign.
- Veterans cemetery gets $3.5M to restore slipping headstones Updated: Oct-01-15 3:51 pm
BOULDER CITY, Nevada - Nevada has received a $3.5 million federal grant to help address sinking headstones at a veterans cemetery in Boulder City.
- DNA tests: Skull found in 1996 was that of slain Nevada boy Updated: Oct-01-15 2:31 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - DNA tests have shown that a skull found at a Utah lake nearly two decades ago was that of a 4-year-old boy killed in Reno, Nevada, authorities said.