- Father shoots, kills son after he's stabbed during fight Updated: Feb-06-16 1:45 pm
LAS VEGAS - Police say a man fatally shot his 19-year-old son after the son stabbed him during a fight in southwest Las Vegas.
- Nevada among states outlawing guns for domestic abusers Updated: Feb-06-16 10:55 am
LAS VEGAS - As convicted felons with criminal histories including violence against former domestic partners, neither Keith Junior Barlow nor Robert Brown Jr. should have had a gun.
- 160 schools to compete in Nevada Science Bowl in Las Vegas Updated: Feb-06-16 7:20 am
LAS VEGAS - Northwest Career & Technical Academy of Las Vegas hopes to top 159 other teams and repeat as champions during this weekend's 25th annual Nevada Science Bowl competition.
- Raiders owner Mark Davis intrigued by Las Vegas as NFL city Updated: Feb-05-16 6:41 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Owner Mark Davis has a sly response when it comes to his interest in moving the Oakland Raiders to Sin City.
- Nevada declares teacher shortage emergency as a move to hire Updated: Feb-05-16 6:05 pm
LAS VEGAS - Nevada is declaring its teacher shortage as an emergency, a move that now allows vacancy-filled schools to hire teachers from out of state who aren't yet licensed locally.
- NHP: Man to face federal charges in Vegas drug luggage case Updated: Feb-05-16 5:51 pm
LAS VEGAS - Authorities say a passenger faces a federal drug trafficking charge after he was arrested at the airport in Las Vegas with several pounds of drugs in his checked luggage.
- Wet weather systems increasingly more rare in Southwest Updated: Feb-05-16 4:11 pm
RENO, Nevada - The southwestern United States has already begun a long-predicted shift into a decidedly drier climate, a new study looking at the last 35 years of weather pattern concluded.
- Adelson family announces new Las Vegas Review-Journal editor Updated: Feb-05-16 2:54 pm
LAS VEGAS - The family of billionaire casino magnate Sheldon Adelson says the Las Vegas Review-Journal has a new editor.
- Former President Bill Clinton in Nevada to boost caucus Updated: Feb-05-16 1:59 pm
LAS VEGAS - Campaign officials say former President Bill Clinton will headline rallies in Las Vegas and rural Nye County to support presidential hopeful Hillary Clinton and boost enthusiasm ahead of the Feb. 20 state Democratic caucus.
- Hearing postponed for woman in fatal Las Vegas Strip crash Updated: Feb-05-16 1:48 pm
LAS VEGAS - A 24-year-old woman accused of intentionally plowing a car into pedestrians on a Las Vegas Strip sidewalk never made it into court, and a judge postponed her appearance.
- Culinary Union backs Nevada state Sen. Kihuen for Congress Updated: Feb-05-16 1:14 pm
LAS VEGAS - Nevada's largest labor union announced it's endorsing Democratic Nevada state Sen. Ruben Kihuen in the crowded race for Rep. Cresent Hardy's congressional seat.
- 1 dead after suspect strikes deputy's car after chase Updated: Feb-05-16 1:14 pm
CARSON CITY, Nevada - Nevada Highway Patrol is investigating after a high speed chase in Carson City ended with a man's death.
- Reno community college votes for mascot gender-neutral Updated: Feb-05-16 11:07 am
RENO, Nevada - Students at Truckee Meadows Community College have voted to declare their mascot gender-neutral.
- Veterans make peace with past at Cowboy Poetry workshop Updated: Feb-05-16 2:05 am
ELKO, Nevada - Talking about the experiences of war can be difficult for veterans, but writing about it could be the first step.
- Man who died in house fire likely shot himself, police say Updated: Feb-04-16 8:04 pm
NEVADA, Iowa - Authorities say a man who was found dead after a suspicious fire was likely killed by a self-inflicted gunshot wound.
- Utah sues federal government over sage grouse plan Updated: Feb-04-16 6:59 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - Utah has decided to sue the federal government over its new set of rules intended to protect the greater sage grouse - following similar lawsuits lodged by Idaho and nine Nevada counties, ranchers and two mining companies.
- TV deal means Las Vegas fans won't miss Super Bowl after all Updated: Feb-04-16 6:15 pm
LAS VEGAS - Las Vegas football fans won't miss the Super Bowl after all.
- FBI's hands-off strategy in Oregon follows lessons learned Updated: Feb-04-16 5:42 pm
Federal officials have allowed the armed occupation of an Oregon wildlife refuge to drag on for more than a month as part of a strategy learned from past standoffs in Texas and Idaho that ended in bloodshed and spurred more government mistrust, experts say.
- Washoe DA clears 2 officers in 2014 fatal shooting in Reno Updated: Feb-04-16 3:44 pm
RENO, Nevada - Two veteran detectives were justified when they fatally shot an armed fugitive when he grabbed a handgun from his waistband while approaching the officers near a daycare center in September 2014, Washoe County District Attorney Chris Hicks said Thursday.
- Celine Dion says late husband protected, grounded her Updated: Feb-04-16 3:22 pm
LAS VEGAS - Celine Dion's husband protected her from the gritty business details of her career as he struck the deals that defined her superstar status, including saying yes to her mega hit from "Titanic" when she wanted to say no.
- Correction: Las Vegas-Pay To Park story Updated: Feb-04-16 2:41 pm
LAS VEGAS - In a story Feb. 2 about MGM Resorts International outsourcing its Las Vegas Strip parking operations to a Chicago-based firm, The Associated Press erroneously reported the title of MGM Resorts executive Corey Sanders. He is chief operating officer, not chief financial officer. Also, one reference to the casino company used its former name, MGM Mirage. It is MGM Resorts International. A corrected version of the story is below:
- Court hearing reset in Las Vegas Strip fight-night slaying Updated: Feb-04-16 2:36 pm
LAS VEGAS - A preliminary hearing was reset to April 6 for a 23-year-old Nevada state prison inmate facing murder charges in a fight-night slaying last May on the Las Vegas Strip.
- Clark County approves plans for Wynn shopping center Updated: Feb-04-16 1:15 pm
LAS VEGAS - The Las Vegas Strip is getting a new shopping center and a convention building with a rooftop pool as Clark County commissioners have approved the plans.
- Tesla gigafactory job creation slower than first projected Updated: Feb-04-16 12:53 pm
CARSON CITY, Nevada - Electric carmaker Tesla's northern Nevada battery plant is creating jobs more slowly than first projected, although state officials say it's still making satisfactory progress.
- 125-room hotel planned for near Las Vegas Motor Speedway Updated: Feb-04-16 12:45 pm
LAS VEGAS - A Las Vegas company is planning a 125-room hotel by the Las Vegas Motor Speedway.