- Lawsuit: Nevada worker fired for not accepting Scientology Updated: May-03-16 5:01 pm
LAS VEGAS - A Catholic woman fired from her job at a bottled water company led by a Nevada lawmaker has filed a federal lawsuit against the business, alleging she was pressured to watch videos on Scientology and was denied pay raises because of her religious beliefs.
- Ex-driver, 22, facing misdemeanor in fatal Vegas bus crash Updated: May-03-16 3:35 pm
LAS VEGAS - A 22-year-old has pleaded not guilty to misdemeanor charges almost four months after the public transit bus he was driving jumped a curb, plowed through a passenger shelter and killed a 39-year-old woman on a sidewalk near the Las Vegas Strip, authorities said Tuesday.
- Whittemore finishes sentence in San Francisco halfway house Updated: May-03-16 3:26 pm
RENO, Nevada - Former Nevada lobbyist Harvey Whittemore is a free man after spending 21 months of a two-year prison term in federal custody for breaking campaign contribution laws.
- Vegas teen pleads not guilty to murder in fatal stabbing Updated: May-03-16 3:17 pm
LAS VEGAS - A Las Vegas 16-year-old has pleaded not guilty as an adult to murder, robbery and conspiracy charges in the stabbing death of a man at a fast-food restaurant.
- Truckee community college names new president Updated: May-03-16 1:21 pm
RENO, Nevada - Nevada's Truckee Meadows Community College has named a new president.
- Golden lion statue stolen from Las Vegas median found Updated: May-02-16 11:00 pm
LAS VEGAS - Authorities say a golden lion statue that was taken from an art installation on a Las Vegas street median has been found.
- Commerce tax foes, defenders argue in Nevada Supreme Court Updated: May-02-16 9:02 pm
LAS VEGAS - Lawyers on opposite sides of a new tax on businesses argued before the Nevada Supreme Court on Monday about whether the language and budgetary impact of a proposed tax-repeal measure should keep it off the November ballot.
- Reno doctor accused in drug ring appears in CA court Updated: May-02-16 7:05 pm
RENO, Nevada - A Reno doctor accused of running an illegal drug ring out of his family practice has made his initial appearance in federal court in San Francisco.
- Nevada Democrats beat GOP in new registrations in April Updated: May-02-16 6:44 pm
CARSON CITY, Nevada - Officials say new Democratic voter registrations in Nevada outnumbered new Republican registrations two to one in April.
- Trump's Washoe County delegates meeting in Sparks Monday Updated: May-02-16 6:29 pm
SPARKS, Nevada - Washoe County Republican delegates supporting Donald Trump are gathering in Sparks to plan for the state GOP convention in Reno later this month.
- US agency's Nevada boss urges roundup of 4,000 mustangs Updated: May-02-16 4:13 pm
RENO, Nevada - Concerned about continued deterioration of drought-stricken rangeland in Nevada, the U.S. Bureau of Land Management's state director wants to round up 4,000 wild horses in Elko County - more mustangs than were gathered across 10 Western states combined last year.
- 2 killed in stunt 'air combat' plane crash near Vegas Updated: May-02-16 4:06 pm
LAS VEGAS - The two men killed when a stunt plane crashed near Las Vegas were performing "air combat" maneuvers as part of a paid flight experience provided by a tourism company catering to extreme adventure-seekers.
- 2 wounded, shooter sought after wedding gunfire in Nevada Updated: May-02-16 12:53 pm
PAHRUMP, Nevada - Two people were wounded and sheriff's deputies in Nye County are looking for their assailant after gunfire erupted at a weekend wedding reception in rural Pahrump.
- Delta announces nonstop flights between Atlanta, Reno Updated: May-02-16 11:58 am
RENO, Nevada - Delta Air Lines will once again offer nonstop service between Reno-Tahoe International Airport and Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport.
- Oregon trails crews to get help from BLM mustangs Updated: May-02-16 10:20 am
PENDLETON, Oregon - Some of Nevada's wild horses will be lending a hoof to Oregon trails crews this summer.
- Jazz fest's last day finishes soggy, but strong Updated: May-01-16 9:40 pm
NEW ORLEANS - Wind, rain and a lightning strike beside the stage where Bonnie Raitt was singing didn't stop the soggy last day of the New Orleans Jazz and Heritage Festival from rollicking to a close.
- Plane in fatal crash belonged to Vegas stunt-flying company Updated: May-01-16 8:50 pm
LAS VEGAS - A single-engine plane that crashed and killed two people was owned by a Las Vegas-area tourism company that lets customers feel what it's like to be a fighter pilot.
- Man found shot in east Las Vegas street Updated: May-01-16 4:07 pm
LAS VEGAS - Police are investigating the shooting of a man found injured in an east Las Vegas street.
- Fire decimates Old Las Vegas Zoo building Updated: May-01-16 1:43 pm
LAS VEGAS - Fire officials are looking into a blaze that tore through the old Las Vegas Zoo building.
- Man shot in possible road rage shooting in North Las Vegas Updated: Apr-30-16 7:13 pm
NORTH LAS VEGAS, Nevada - Police in North Las Vegas say a shooting that wounded a man may be the result of road rage.
- Areas of Las Vegas drenched by morning rainfall Updated: Apr-30-16 7:09 pm
LAS VEGAS - Las Vegas residents woke up to the sounds of heavy rainfall this morning.
- Man found shot to death in east Las Vegas street Updated: Apr-30-16 7:08 pm
LAS VEGAS - Police are investigating the shooting death of a man found lying in a Las Vegas street.
- Washoe County sheriff's app takes illegal dumping reports Updated: Apr-30-16 6:49 pm
RENO, Nevada - A Washoe County Sheriff's Office cellphone app now allows citizens to report illegal dumping.
- Las Vegas junior high teacher arrested for sex crimes Updated: Apr-30-16 4:28 pm
LAS VEGAS - A Las Vegas junior high school teacher is accused of engaging in sexual activity involving a student.
- Clark County schools try to attract veterans as teachers Updated: Apr-30-16 3:47 pm
LAS VEGAS - The Clark County School District is looking to fill more than 2,000 open teaching positions with an accelerated teacher training program for military veterans and their spouses.