- Newton, Stetson pull away for 83-70 win over Bethune-Cookman Updated: Nov-26-15 11:22 pm
LAS VEGAS - Derick Newton had 22 points and 11 rebounds - both career highs - and Brian Pegg added 16 and 10 to help Stetson pull away for an 83-70 win over Bethune-Cookman on Thursday night in the Las Vegas Invitational.
- Williams leads West Virginia past Richmond 67-59 Updated: Nov-26-15 8:45 pm
LAS VEGAS - West Virginia couldn't seem to shake Richmond Thursday at the Las Vegas Invitational, and desperately needed a turning point to seize momentum.
- Ex-wife arrested after man shot dead inside Las Vegas home Updated: Nov-26-15 8:21 pm
LAS VEGAS - Las Vegas Police say they've arrested 53-year-old Michelle Young who faces a murder charge in the shooting death of her ex-husband 58-year-old Henry Gregory Bankey inside his Las Vegas-area home early Thanksgiving morning.
- UALR rallies to beat East Carolina 54-46 Updated: Nov-26-15 6:37 pm
LAS VEGAS - Marcus Johnson Jr. scored 13 points and made all six of his free throws and Arkansas-Little Rock rallied to beat East Carolina 54-46 on Thursday at the Las Vegas Invitational to win its fourth straight.
- School bus driver facing sex charges mistakenly released Updated: Nov-26-15 6:36 pm
LAS VEGAS - A Las Vegas-area substitute school bus driver facing felony charges of sexually abusing a child is back in jail after being mistakenly released on bail.
- Police in Nevada say 73-year-old woman is missing Updated: Nov-26-15 5:21 pm
SPARKS, Nevada - A 73-year-old woman is considered endangered by authorities who say she may have gone missing somewhere between Las Vegas and Lake Havasu.
- Coroner IDs man shot by 3 Las Vegas police officers Updated: Nov-26-15 5:10 pm
LAS VEGAS - The Clark County Coroner's office says the Las Vegas man shot and killed by police after a traffic stop and chase is 32-year-old Thomas Joseph McEniry.
- Man dies days after hitting a semi-truck in Henderson Updated: Nov-26-15 4:59 pm
LAS VEGAS - Officials say an 18-year-old man involved in a two-vehicle crash in Henderson several miles southeast of McCarran International Airport on Nov. 21 has died.
- State permits Sparks to remove nuisance beavers Updated: Nov-26-15 4:55 pm
SPARKS, Nevada - Sparks officials are trapping and removing nuisance beavers that are chewing into trees and building dams that bring the potential for flooding.
- Eureka County deputy sheriff, 9-year-old die in crash Updated: Nov-26-15 3:52 pm
LAS VEGAS - A Eureka County Sheriff's deputy and his 9-year-old stepdaughter have died in a crash as the family drove south through eastern Nevada to celebrate Thanksgiving.
- Nevada researchers trying to turn roadside weed into biofuel Updated: Nov-26-15 10:47 am
RENO, Nevada - Three decades ago, a University of Nevada researcher who obtained one of the first U.S. Energy Department grants to study the potential to turn plants into biofuels became convinced that a roadside weed - curly top gumweed - was growing along the road to the future.
- Nevada defeats Portland State 76-73 Updated: Nov-26-15 12:36 am
RENO, Nevada - Marqueze Coleman scored 21 points with six assists and four rebounds as Nevada beat Portland State 76-73 Wednesday night.
- Nevada taxable sales up 5 percent in September Updated: Nov-25-15 7:51 pm
CARSON CITY, Nevada - The amount of taxable sales in Nevada rose more than 5 percent in September compared with the same month a year ago, although state revenue collected from it is slightly less than expected.
- Jobless rates keep dropping in Nevada metro areas Updated: Nov-25-15 5:27 pm
CARSON CITY, Nevada - Unemployment rates continue to fall in Nevada's three main metropolitan areas.
- Snow could cause Thanksgiving travel problems in the West Updated: Nov-25-15 2:56 pm
DENVER - A storm left ice and snow on roads in Montana on Wednesday and could cause headaches for those traveling in Wyoming for Thanksgiving before it moves into Colorado.
- Growth - but not expansion - in US Internet gambling market Updated: Nov-25-15 2:51 pm
ATLANTIC CITY, New Jersey - Internet gambling is slowly growing - but not expanding - after 2 1/2 years of online betting in the United States.
- Nevada families say special education teacher abused girls Updated: Nov-25-15 2:18 pm
RENO, Nevada - Two families in Nevada are suing a school district after they say their children were abused by a special education teacher.
- UNLV regents to vote on future of student-run radio Updated: Nov-25-15 1:13 pm
LAS VEGAS - Officials at the University of Nevada, Las Vegas are considering handing over the school's student-run radio station to Nevada Public Radio.
- Man arrested for DUI in fatal hit-and-run that killed teen Updated: Nov-25-15 11:42 am
NORTH LAS VEGAS, Nevada - Authorities have identified the 16-year-old girl killed in a hit-and-run in North Las Vegas after the alleged driver was arrested in what is believed to be an alcohol-related crash.
- 2 officers on leave during Reno shooting investigation Updated: Nov-25-15 11:22 am
RENO, Nevada - Authorities are investigating after an officer shot and killed a suspect during a disturbance in a south Reno neighborhood.
- Nevada panel to track down public school waste, inefficiency Updated: Nov-25-15 6:31 am
CARSON CITY, Nevada - Gov. Brian Sandoval and legislative leaders have assembled a committee focused on tracking down waste and inefficiency in Nevada's public school system.
- Washoe County superintendent to receive $311K in first year Updated: Nov-25-15 4:01 am
RENO, Nevada - Washoe County School District officials have voted to approve a contract for the district's new superintendent.
- Prisoner dies in Reno after multiple trips to hospital Updated: Nov-24-15 8:48 pm
RENO, Nevada - Nevada prison officials say a 29-year-old inmate has died at a Reno hospital after being hospitalized multiple times.
- Sierra storm bringing snow, 60 mph winds, power outages Updated: Nov-24-15 8:38 pm
RENO, Nevada - A snowstorm packing 50 mph winds blew into Lake Tahoe and northern Nevada on Tuesday, slowing mountain travelers getting an early start on the holiday, kicking up dust storms along U.S. Interstate 80 east of Reno and briefly knocking out power to thousands along the Sierra's eastern front.
- Vegas school bus driver facing child sex, lewdness charges Updated: Nov-24-15 6:53 pm
LAS VEGAS - Authorities say a 52-year-old Las Vegas-area substitute school bus driver faces felony charges following his arrest on child sex, child abuse and lewdness charges.