- Turkish Americans unveil statue of homeland's founder Updated: May-23-16 10:12 am
NEW HAVEN, Connecticut - Its president may be trying to move Turkey toward an Islamic-leaning government, but the Turkish Americans gathered last week wanted nothing to do with it.
- Jury selection to start in Madison teen sex assault case Updated: May-22-16 11:28 am
NEW HAVEN, Connecticut - Jury selection is set to begin in the case of a 20-year-old Connecticut woman suing several men on allegations they sexually assaulted her in 2009 when they were all middle school students in Madison.
- Police: Man found hanged, girlfriend found strangled Updated: May-21-16 10:57 am
NEW HAVEN, Connecticut - Police say a New Haven man was found hanged in a city cemetery and his girlfriend was found strangled in her home.
- Woman killed in hit-and-run in New Haven Updated: May-20-16 1:38 am
NEW HAVEN, Connecticut - A 29-year-old woman has been killed in a hit-and-run in New Haven.
- New Haven parking intern avoids jail in ticket fixing scheme Updated: May-19-16 8:16 am
NEW HAVEN, Connecticut - An intern in New Haven's traffic enforcement department charged with fixing parking tickets for friends, family and others has been admitted to an accelerated rehabilitation program that will help him avoid jail if he complies.
- The Latest: Sentencing delayed in Connecticut drug case Updated: May-16-16 12:38 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - The Latest on the sentencing of a Connecticut man who pleaded guilty in a recent drug case and has been linked to the French Connection heroin ring (all times local):
- Methadone programs help inmates treat their opioid addiction Updated: May-16-16 9:38 am
BRIDGEPORT, Connecticut - "It's like the flu times 10," Daniel said from his perch atop a plastic chair within Bridgeport Correctional Center, his temporary home.
- Kayaker leaves sinking vessel, prompts Coast Guard search Updated: May-16-16 6:59 am
NEW HAVEN, Connecticut - U.S. Coast Guard officials say a missing kayaker was found safe over the weekend following a search of the Long Island Sound that ultimately turned out to be unnecessary.
- Teacher's complaint alleges school's entrance not accessible Updated: May-14-16 2:24 pm
NEW HAVEN, Connecticut - A New Haven middle school teacher has filed a complaint alleging the district refuses to make the school's entrance wheelchair accessible.
- Man charged with beating baby son who wouldn't stop crying Updated: May-12-16 6:46 pm
NEW HAVEN, Connecticut - A Connecticut man has been charged with beating his baby son because he couldn't stand the boy's crying.
- State study of race and traffic stops singles out 25 cops Updated: May-12-16 4:33 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Twenty-five police officers in Connecticut have been singled out as stopping minority drivers at significantly higher rates than their peers, according to a new report commissioned by the state government and described by its authors as the most comprehensive of its kind.
- Louis Kahn-designed art museum reopens after renovation Updated: May-11-16 1:25 pm
NEW HAVEN, Connecticut - The Yale Center for British Art reopened Wednesday following a lengthy project to restore the building's interior and bring it more in line with the vision of its famed architect, Louis Kahn.
- Police tranquilize large bear on Connecticut highway ramp Updated: May-10-16 10:40 pm
NEW HAVEN, Connecticut - Authorities say they've tranquilized a large male bear on an entrance ramp to Interstate 91 and are relocating him to a wooded area.
- Small Connecticut harbors feel squeezed out by deep ports Updated: May-09-16 9:48 am
NORWALK, Connecticut - City harbor officials in Norwalk- and their counterparts along the coastline -are worried about being left behind when the new Connecticut Port Authority begins its mission to restore the state's deep water ports.
- Police investigate New Haven double shooting Updated: May-07-16 10:45 am
NEW HAVEN, Connecticut - Police are investigating a shooting that injured two people early Saturday morning.
- Amtrak service restored in Northeast after power outage Updated: May-06-16 9:03 pm
NEW YORK - Amtrak says service has been restored along the busy Northeast corridor between New York City and New Haven, Connecticut after being suspended for nearly two hours because of a power outage.
- $50,000 reward offered for info about missing New Haven mom Updated: May-06-16 8:21 am
NEW HAVEN, Connecticut - Authorities are offering a $50,000 reward for information about what happened to a New Haven woman who disappeared more than a decade ago.
- Defense: Forcing doctor to take medicine violates his rights Updated: May-05-16 3:21 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - A mentally ill doctor should not be forced to take medicine in a bid to make him competent to stand trial for the killing of a Yale University physician, a public defender told Connecticut's highest court on Thursday.
- Man pleads guilty to molesting teen in church bathroom Updated: May-04-16 8:12 am
BRIDGEPORT, Connecticut - A New Haven man charged with sexually molesting a 13-year-old boy in the bathroom of a Bridgeport church has pleaded guilty just before his trial was about to start.
- Police arrest New Haven man in connection with fatal crash Updated: May-03-16 2:56 pm
NEW HAVEN, Connecticut - Police have arrested a man in connection with a fatal hit-and-run crash in New Haven.
- Lawsuit accuses Connecticut rabbi of sexual abuse Updated: May-03-16 1:23 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - A Connecticut rabbi is accused of raping and molesting a teenage boy hundreds of times when the boy was a student at a Jewish boarding school in New Haven from 2001 to 2005, according to a lawsuit filed Tuesday in federal court.
- The Latest: Connecticut rabbi denies sexual abuse claims Updated: May-03-16 12:22 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - The Latest on a lawsuit accusing a Connecticut rabbi of sexually abusing a Jewish boarding school student (all times local):
- Portraits proclaim 'changing narrative' of childhood cancer Updated: May-02-16 9:33 am
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Two words, five syllables, thrust Sumbul Naqvi into a dark depression.
- New Haven man's story of liquor store arrest spurs protest Updated: May-02-16 6:41 am
NEW HAVEN, Connecticut - Demonstrators and Black Lives Matter activists gathered in front of the New Haven Police Department headquarters to protest a 27-year-old man's arrest at a liquor store over the weekend.
- Home invasion prosecutor retiring after 46-year career Updated: May-01-16 1:28 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - A prosecutor for 46 years, New Haven State's Attorney Michael Dearington says the job was about more than just putting away criminals, even when it came to one of Connecticut's most infamous crimes - the killing of a woman and her two daughters during a home invasion in 2007.