- Barber buys mentor's shop in small business initiative Updated: Jul-05-15 3:04 am
NEW HAVEN, Connecticut - Clyde Thompson was the stand-in for the quintessential small business person, that icon always held up as the solution to the nation's economy.
- New Haven rededicates Washington plaque on July Fourth Updated: Jul-04-15 3:55 pm
NEW HAVEN, Connecticut - A Fourth of July ceremony in New Haven has restored a historic plaque that commemorates President George Washington's visit to the Connecticut city in 1789.
- Aging, broken infrastructure frustrates Metro-North riders Updated: Jul-03-15 11:44 am
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Aging and broken public works have again plagued the Metro-North Railroad in Connecticut, slowing commuters into and out of New York City's Grand Central Terminal.
- Jury awards $4.2M to man in medical malpractice suit Updated: Jul-02-15 4:43 am
NEW HAVEN, Connecticut - A Connecticut man has been awarded $4.2 million as compensation for a surgery he says caused him to lose the use of his shoulder.
- Prosecutors join others in signing racial justice statement Updated: Jul-01-15 11:54 am
NEW HAVEN, Connecticut - State and federal prosecutors in Connecticut have joined law enforcement officials, New Haven's mayor and members of the city's clergy in issuing what they call a "statement of conscience" decrying racial violence and vowing to help prevent it.
- Connecticut lawmakers approve late state budget changes Updated: Jun-30-15 1:50 am
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Connecticut lawmakers approved some late changes early Tuesday morning to the new Democratic state budget that had drawn criticism from major state employers because of its tax increases on businesses and others.
- Mother charged with killing kids is taken off suicide watch Updated: Jun-24-15 4:58 pm
NEW HAVEN, Connecticut - A woman charged with killing her two children in a Connecticut home filled with natural gas has been removed from a suicide watch in jail.
- No charges against father who brought gun to graduation Updated: Jun-22-15 6:07 pm
NEW HAVEN, Connecticut - New Haven police say they declined to charge a father who brought a gun to his child's elementary school graduation because he made an honest mistake and had no criminal intentions.
- New Haven Police look to add 60 new officers by end of year Updated: Jun-22-15 4:10 am
NEW HAVEN, Connecticut - Authorities say the New Haven Police Department is looking to add 60 officers by the end of the year.
- Medical examiner rules police stun-gun death a homicide Updated: Jun-19-15 4:09 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Connecticut's medical examiner has ruled as a homicide the March death of a mentally ill Branford man who was shocked with a police a stun gun.
- L+M in New London mulls affiliation with Yale-New Haven Updated: Jun-19-15 2:14 pm
NEW LONDON, Connecticut - Lawrence + Memorial Healthcare and Yale-New Haven Health System are discussing an affiliation that would bring L+M into the network of the larger institution that extends from Greenwich to Old Saybrook.
- Police: More than a dozen vehicles hit by man near New Haven Updated: Jun-15-15 5:19 am
WEST HAVEN, Connecticut - Police say a driver was either under the influence or suffering from a mental condition when he hit 15 vehicles near New Haven.
- Sex assault charges against Connecticut teacher dismissed Updated: Jun-09-15 8:34 am
NEW HAVEN, Connecticut - A Connecticut special education teacher accused of sexually assaulting several students is criticizing the justice system after a judge dismissed all charges against him.
- New Haven police to expand gunfire detection technology Updated: Jun-08-15 3:26 am
NEW HAVEN, Connecticut - A technology that allows police to remotely detect gunfire is going to cover a third of New Haven.
- Northeast agriculture officials to meet in New Haven Updated: Jun-07-15 10:41 am
NEW HAVEN, Connecticut - Top agriculture officials from 10 states in the Northeast are meeting in Connecticut to discuss issues ranging from avian flu to food safety.
- Connecticut family wins award for restoring 1895 house Updated: Jun-06-15 3:05 am
NEW HAVEN, Connecticut - Jerri Narracci was excited when her son and daughter-in-law said they had bought a large home on Orange Street.
- Business group wants meeting with Malloy about biz taxes Updated: Jun-05-15 6:05 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Connecticut's largest business advocacy group asked Gov. Dannel P. Malloy on Friday to convene a meeting as soon as possible to discuss the ramifications of the higher business taxes included in the new Democratic state budget.
- New Haven man sentenced to 17 years in chemical attack Updated: Jun-05-15 8:54 am
NEW HAVEN, Connecticut - A 31-year-old New Haven man who police say choked a woman and poured cleaning solution in her eyes has been sentenced to 17 years in prison.