- Defending champion Kvitova reach New Haven quarterfinals Updated: Aug-26-15 11:48 pm
NEW HAVEN, Connecticut - Second-seeded defending champion Petra Kvitova rallied to beat Madison Keys 4-6 6-1, 6-2 on Wednesday night in the third round of the Connecticut Open.
- Connecticut mom's murder case delayed by evidence backlog Updated: Aug-25-15 8:04 am
NEW HAVEN, Connecticut - The prosecution of a Connecticut woman charged with killing her two children by poisoning them with antihistamines is being delayed because of a backlog in state police investigations.
- Ex-payroll manager pleads guilty to software firm theft Updated: Aug-21-15 6:22 pm
NEW HAVEN, Connecticut - Federal prosecutors say a former software company payroll manager has pleaded guilty to fraud charges related to her theft of nearly $1.7 million from a software firm.
- Spike in Hartford homicides creates challenge for governor Updated: Aug-19-15 6:19 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - It's not unusual for a question about Hartford's rising homicide rate to come up as Gov. Dannel P. Malloy pitches his new Second Chance Society initiative to help nonviolent criminals and touts an overall reduction in crime across Connecticut.
- 3 people injured in late night shooting in New London Updated: Aug-19-15 7:22 am
NEW LONDON, Connecticut - New London police are investigating the shootings of three people that appear to be related.
- Former New Haven man pleads guilty to Maine crack conspiracy Updated: Aug-18-15 11:12 am
BANGOR, Maine - A former resident of New Haven, Connecticut, is pleading guilty in federal court to participating in an interstate conspiracy to possess crack cocaine with the intention of selling it.
- Connecticut shutters nail salons over wage violations Updated: Aug-17-15 4:58 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - State labor officials shuttered nearly two dozen nail salons, recovered more than $47,000 in wages owed to employees and penalized businesses $100,000 for pay and records violations.
- New Haven building demolished after bricks fall from it Updated: Aug-17-15 7:47 am
NEW HAVEN, Connecticut - A building in New Haven that was more than a century old has been torn down after several bricks fell from its facade to the sidewalk.
- 4-year-old girl killed in New Haven SUV rollover Updated: Aug-16-15 1:23 pm
NEW HAVEN, Connecticut - Police say a 4-year-old girl has died when an SUV carrying eight people overturned in a crash on Interstate 91 in New Haven.
- Worker hit by truck at postal service processing center Updated: Aug-09-15 11:28 am
WALLINGFORD, Connecticut - Authorities say a postal worker has been seriously injured after he was run over by a box truck at a U.S. Postal Service processing facility in Connecticut.
- Mosquitoes in 6 towns test positive for West Nile Virus Updated: Aug-07-15 7:28 am
GUILFORD, Connecticut - Officials say mosquitoes in six Connecticut towns have tested positive for West Nile virus.
- Police: Man shot in the chest outside a mini-mart Updated: Aug-06-15 3:07 am
ANSONIA, Connecticut - Police say a man was shot in the chest outside of a mini-mart in New Haven County.
- Track construction begins on New Haven-Springfield rail line Updated: Aug-03-15 9:10 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Construction of a second track for the expanded rail line from New Haven to Springfield, Massachusetts, began Monday, and commuters will be bused along the route for the next year.
- Torso found during Connecticut probe into severed arms, legs Updated: Jul-30-15 3:16 pm
NEW HAVEN, Connecticut - A human torso was found Thursday in an abandoned building being searched by Connecticut police as part of an investigation into the discovery two weeks ago of a pair of severed arms and legs elsewhere in New Haven.