- Malloy appoints 4 to state Board of Pardons and Paroles Updated: Feb-06-16 12:31 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Gov. Dannel P. Malloy is appointing four Connecticut residents to fill vacancies on the Board of Pardons and Paroles.
- Festival in New Haven to mark Chinese New Year Updated: Feb-06-16 9:23 am
NEW HAVEN, Connecticut - The city of New Haven is marking the Chinese New Year with a series of events.
- Man gets federal prison time for role in Maine drug ring Updated: Feb-05-16 7:12 am
BANGOR, Maine - A former Connecticut man who pleaded guilty to his role in a crack cocaine distribution ring in Maine has been sentenced to three years behind bars.
- Connecticut gas prices drop below $2 per gallon threshold Updated: Jan-28-16 8:37 am
HARTFORD, Connecticut - The average price of a gallon of gasoline in Connecticut has dropped below $2 for the first time in seven years.
- Racial disparities seen in police stun gun use Updated: Jan-27-16 3:26 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Connecticut officers who drew their stun guns on the job last year were more likely to fire when the suspect was black or Hispanic, according to a first-of-its-kind set of statistics that could stoke the nation's debate over race and police use of force.
- Police: Man crashed stolen truck, jumped into river Updated: Jan-26-16 3:16 pm
EAST HAVEN, Connecticut - An East Haven man is facing charges after police say he crashed a stolen truck and then jumped into a river to evade officers.
- New Hartford woman sentenced to prison for tax fraud Updated: Jan-25-16 3:02 pm
NEW HAVEN, Connecticut - Authorities say a New Hartford woman has been sentenced to prison for tax fraud and structuring offenses.
- Connecticut Open becomes stop on men's senior series Updated: Jan-25-16 1:12 pm
NEW HAVEN, Connecticut - Andre Agassi and John McEnroe have agreed to play this summer at The Connecticut Open tennis tournament, which has been added as a stop on the tour for over-30 men's players.
- US attorney for Connecticut builds closer ties with police Updated: Jan-24-16 10:36 am
NEW HAVEN, Connecticut - Federal law enforcement agencies are working more closely with big-city police departments in Connecticut to fight violent crime, the state's top U.S. prosecutor said in an interview.
- CT Transit shutting down service along shoreline due to snow Updated: Jan-23-16 1:53 pm
CT Transit says it's shutting down bus service along the Connecticut shoreline due to the snowstorm and deteriorating road conditions.
- Judge: Troopers' use of force reasonable in suicide case Updated: Jan-19-16 10:55 am
NEW HAVEN, Connecticut - A federal judge has ruled that four Connecticut state troopers did not use unreasonable force when they fired non-lethal weapons at a firefighter just before he shot himself to death during a standoff.
- Connecticut lawmakers mull more state aid for police cameras Updated: Jan-17-16 11:54 am
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Connecticut legislators expect to revisit a law passed last year to encourage municipal police departments to equip officers with body cameras, after some police chiefs expressed concern over what they call the huge cost of storing camera recordings.
- Pharmaceutical company begins relocation to New Haven Updated: Jan-16-16 12:22 pm
NEW HAVEN, Connecticut - A Connecticut pharmaceutical company is preparing to relocate to its new headquarters in New Haven.
- Man gets 8 years after admitting he robbed federal informant Updated: Jan-15-16 2:24 am
NEW HAVEN, Connecticut - A Connecticut man has been sentenced to eight years in prison after admitting he robbed a federal confidential informant and later distributed information on a cooperating witness.
- Cops: Man charged for throwing drain cleaner at woman Updated: Jan-13-16 3:17 pm
NEW HAVEN, Connecticut - A New Haven man who police say threw drain cleaner at a woman who refused to marry him is being held on $750,000 bond.
- UConn to award $5,000 scholarships students from Hartford Updated: Jan-12-16 1:01 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - The University of Connecticut has announced plans to award an additional $5,000 annually to students from Hartford public schools who meet certain academic and attendance goals.
- New Haven man says lawyer forced him to plead guilty Updated: Jan-12-16 7:18 am
NEW HAVEN, Connecticut - A 21-year-old New Haven man is asking a judge to allow him to withdraw his guilty plea to a charge of first-degree manslaughter with a firearm.
- Cops: Man threw caustic liquid at woman who refused marriage Updated: Jan-11-16 4:56 pm
NEW HAVEN, Connecticut - New Have Police are searching for a man they say threw a caustic liquid at a woman who refused to marry him.
- Police: Man facing charges after accidentally shooting self Updated: Jan-11-16 2:40 pm
NEW HAVEN, Connecticut - A New Haven man will face gun charges after police say he accidentally shot himself in the leg.
- 4 wrongfully convicted Connecticut men seek $33M from state Updated: Jan-11-16 8:14 am
NEW HAVEN, Connecticut - Four men wrongfully convicted of a 1996 shooting in New Haven that left one person dead and two injured are seeking a $33 million settlement from the state.
- Man dies after New Year's Day stabbing; teen arrested Updated: Jan-09-16 9:49 pm
NEW HAVEN, Connecticut - Police say a Connecticut teenager has been arrested on a murder charge in the New Year's Day stabbing of a New Haven man who died days later at a hospital.
- Yale British Art museum makes more images available online Updated: Jan-09-16 1:55 pm
NEW HAVEN, Connecticut - A museum in New Haven that's been closed for improvements is making thousands of images from its online collection available to the public in the meantime.
- Police investigating after pedestrian struck in New Haven Updated: Jan-08-16 7:24 am
NEW HAVEN, Connecticut - Police are investigating after a pedestrian was severely injured when she was struck by a vehicle while crossing a New Haven street.