- Vin Diesel, Chanel spark cultural backlash in Cuba Updated: May-20-16 2:32 pm
HAVANA - "Fast and Furious." U.S. cruise ships. A star-studded private celebration of Chanel.
- Correction: TV-House of Lies-Finale story Updated: May-18-16 11:45 pm
NEW YORK - In a May 17 story about Showtime's "House of Lies" ending after five seasons, The Associated Press reported erroneously that the finale would air June 13. The finale airs June 12.
- Top Cuba diplomat: Obama trip positive, created momentum Updated: May-16-16 9:57 pm
HAVANA - President Barack Obama's trip to Cuba advanced the normalization of relations between the Cold War foes and created momentum for more cooperation on agriculture, medicine and law enforcement, Cuba's top diplomat on U.S. affairs said Monday.
- Kanye West, Kim Kardashian latest names to visit Havana Updated: May-04-16 7:58 pm
HAVANA - Rap superstar Kanye West, his wife Kim Kardashian and members of her reality-show-star family are the latest celebrities to visit Havana.
- Celebrities jam Havana streets for Chanel's Cuban takeover Updated: May-04-16 12:52 pm
HAVANA - The afternoon sun was still baking central Havana when Mabel Fernandez and her 14-year daughter took their spot facing the Prado, a grand colonial boulevard hung with lights and loudspeakers for a fashion show by French luxury label Chanel.
- Cheering Cubans greet first cruise ship from US in decades Updated: May-02-16 3:34 pm
HAVANA - Greeted with rum drinks and salsa dancers, the first passengers to cruise from the U.S. to Cuba in nearly 40 years streamed Monday into a crowd cheering the rebirth of commercial travel on waters that served as a stage for a half-century of Cold War hostility.
- Cuba finds it hard to dampen afterglow of Obama visit Updated: Apr-29-16 9:26 am
HAVANA - Thursday morning was looking bad for Lazaro Martinez, who makes his living playing trombone for tourists on the Malecon, the sweeping boulevard overlooking the jewel-clear Florida Straits.
- In 'Papa,' Hemingway returns to Cuba via the silver screen Updated: Apr-28-16 11:16 am
LOS ANGELES - Ernest Hemingway left Cuba shortly after Fidel Castro's revolution, as relations with the United States began to fall into a deep freeze. Over five decades later, the author of "The Old Man and the Sea" returns to the island thanks to the magic of the silver screen.
- Archbishop of Havana, key figure in US detente, steps down Updated: Apr-26-16 12:26 pm
HAVANA - Cardinal Jaime Ortega, who oversaw a warming of relations with Cuba's Communist government and played a role in the secret negotiations that led to U.S.-Cuba detente, has stepped down, the Vatican announced Tuesday.