- North Carolina man dies in South Carolina lake Updated: May-24-16 6:46 am
SENECA, South Carolina - A North Carolina man has drowned in a South Carolina lake.
- Wetland to replace Asheville tobacco warehouse Updated: May-24-16 5:30 am
ASHEVILLE, North Carolina - Asheville officials say they will use part of a $50 million city infrastructure project in the River Arts District to replace a tobacco barn with a constructed wetland.
- McCrory: Instead of protests, talk needed on LGBT matters Updated: May-14-16 3:01 pm
ASHEVILLE, North Carolina - North Carolina Gov. Pat McCrory says that instead of protests and demonstrations over laws about LGBT rights, there needs to be more discussion.
- South Carolina man charged in Asheville man's death Updated: May-14-16 10:30 am
ASHEVILLE, North Carolina - A South Carolina man faces extradition to North Carolina after his arrest in the death of an Asheville man.
- Police: Suspect in North Carolina shootings arrested in Ohio Updated: May-13-16 8:48 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Police say a suspect in shootings that killed a mother and critically injured her 3-year-old son in North Carolina has been arrested in central Ohio.
- Pests are biggest risk to forests, including North Carolina Updated: May-13-16 6:55 am
ASHEVILLE, North Carolina - A new study says pests are the biggest threat facing the nation's forests.
- Bomb threats called in to 3 North Carolina courthouses Updated: May-06-16 1:49 am
SYLVA, North Carolina - Authorities say three courthouses in Western North Carolina have received bomb threats.
- North Carolina Court says alcohol agent firing political Updated: May-03-16 5:06 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - The state Court of Appeals agreed Tuesday that the former director of Alcohol Law Enforcement was fired from his most recent job as an ALE field agent solely for political reasons and should be reinstated.
- Officials say chickenpox reported at Buncombe County academy Updated: May-03-16 4:28 pm
ASHEVILLE, North Carolina - School officials in Buncombe County are notifying parents after five cases of chickenpox were reported at a local academy.
- Anonymous gift revitalizes Montreat College Updated: Apr-29-16 1:33 pm
MONTREAT, North Carolina - An anonymous gift has revitalized Montreat College, according to the president of the school in western North Carolina.
- Asheville commits to building more than 300 affordable homes Updated: Apr-28-16 6:58 am
ASHEVILLE, North Carolina - Officials in Asheville say federal funds will help build more than 300 affordable homes in and around the city.
- 2 Buncombe firefighters hurt when phosphoric acid explodes Updated: Apr-27-16 3:59 pm
ASHEVILLE, North Carolina - Officials say two Buncombe County firefighters were injured when the burning phosphoric acid they found along the shoreline at Biltmore Lake exploded.
- Fallout from North Carolina LGBT law worries small business Updated: Apr-27-16 11:22 am
Small businesses in North Carolina are already losing valuable business because of the new state law limiting protections for gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender people.
- Modest 2.5 magnitude earthquake hits N. Carolina mountains Updated: Apr-25-16 7:04 pm
WEAVERVILLE, North Carolina - Residents of a North Carolina mountain community are learning the sound of thunder accompanied by strange vibrations they felt was actually a minor earthquake.