- Brevard High School students face sanction for incidents Updated: Nov-25-15 2:21 pm
BREVARD, North Carolina - A series of racial incidents on and off campus has left three Brevard High School students suspended, two facing criminal charges, and two men arrested, authorities in Transylvania County say.
- Investigators: Jewelry heist suspects could be part of ring Updated: Nov-25-15 2:20 pm
ASHVEVILLE, North Carolina - A group of Detroit-area men who were charged in a jewelry store robbery in North Carolina could be linked to a string of store thefts throughout the eastern U.S., federal authorities said.
- Officials release more details about planned downtown hotel Updated: Nov-20-15 3:31 am
ASHEVILLE, North Carolina - McKibbon Hotel Group officials have released more details about a planned hotel in downtown Asheville.
- UNC Asheville beats Mars Hill 84-51 Updated: Nov-18-15 11:00 pm
ASHEVILLE, North Carolina - Dwayne Sutton scored 16 points to help UNC Asheville roll to an 84-51 victory over Division III Mars Hill on Wednesday night.
- Hundreds comment on Asheville highway that could cost $790M Updated: Nov-17-15 11:38 am
ASHEVILLE, North Carolina - The public is commenting on what's considered the largest highway project in the Asheville area in a generation - the Interstate 26 connector.
- Western Carolina beats UNC Asheville 90-81 Updated: Nov-15-15 7:05 pm
CULLOWHEE, North Carolina - Mike Brown scored a career-high 29 points and Western Carolina beat UNC Asheville 90-81 on Sunday.
- Campbell cruises past Montreat 87-42 Updated: Nov-14-15 12:01 am
BUIES CREEK, North Carolina - Kyre' Hamer scored 21 points, Chris Clemons hit 5 of 6 3-pointers for 19 and Campbell cruised past Montreat College 87-42 Friday night in a season opener for both teams.
- Forest City-based Facebook data center looks to expand Updated: Nov-13-15 5:39 am
FOREST CITY, North Carolina - A Facebook data center in Forest City is looking to expand its facilities in Rutherford County.
- Appeals court declines to hear ruling in Asheville water Updated: Nov-11-15 6:41 pm
ASHEVILLE, North Carolina - The N.C. Court of Appeals has declined to reconsider its decision which said the General Assembly had constitutional power to transfer control of Asheville's water system to a regional sewer district.
- Man charged in death of 2 Asheville woman, apartment slaying Updated: Nov-09-15 2:38 pm
ASHEVILLE, North Carolina - Authorities in Asheville say the man charged in a slaying at an apartment now faces additional felony counts in the deaths of a couple whose bodies were found in the French Broad River.
- Pairings for the NCHSAA football playoffs Updated: Nov-07-15 9:11 pm
First-round pairings for the North Carolina High School Athletic Association football playoffs:
- East Coast cities jockey for Deschutes Brewery facility Updated: Nov-05-15 12:28 pm
BEND, Oregon - News that Deschutes Brewery executives came courting in Roanoke, Virginia, this fall sparked a Facebook campaign aimed at sending much love to the Bend-based brewer, the nation's seventh-largest craft brewer and the 12th largest overall.
- Big South to hold men's, women's basketball tourneys in NC Updated: Nov-04-15 3:21 pm
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - The Big South Conference is bringing both its basketball tournaments to North Carolina in March.
- Campbell University recommended to host Big South tournament Updated: Oct-30-15 5:35 am
BUIES CREEK, North Carolina - Campbell University has been recommended to host the Big South Conference men's basketball tournament in March.
- 1 dead and 1 man being charged in fatal Asheville shooting Updated: Oct-28-15 12:30 pm
ASHEVILLE, North Carolina - Authorities say a man faces a murder charge after a high-speed chase through three North Carolina counties that followed a shooting in Asheville.